What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Will the real Purple Kush stand up?

Trillion

Packs a much greater whallop than any bubba I've had and carries a perfume purple candy hash aroma along with the kushy flavour instead of the coffee and musk tastes you get with bubba

that sounds like pk

she looks illie

which cut is this reported too be?

This is an S1 of the Real Purple Kush cut circulating BC.
I know there are at least 2 cuts in BC one that yields like a PK X Skunk.

Most growers in BC only take the real cut to 8 weeks which to me is just not ready but imho from pics of the other cuts i've seen, (lvpk, sr71 etc) most of which look like PK or urkel crosses, this is the closest thing out there to the real deal. I'll have dry shots soon:D

It does smell like a deep nag champa, because of the hashy floral notes on the smoke I tend to describe the insence as "perfumey".

Rainman

The revolution will not be televised.....
Veteran
The original is not held by a bunch of people. It is an old old clone, shitty vigor and slow growth in all phases. If taken to 8 weeks she will just sit on the vine goin darker. She is a indica so that is expected. Grapey incense flavor but no nag champa or deep hashy smells (PI). Clean to the palate and on the same par as say Urkle. I have the clone and will do a side by side with Urkle and GDP when I get some time and space. She yields shitty, so she is a no go for any commercial app. Strictly head stash heirloom production. As far as the other cuts SR71 and Urkle. I have both also and they are actually as good or better depending on what you are looking for. Both are faster, produce more bud, go more purple, and are way easier to get. The Purple Indica is what you guys are after i believe. But it is even harder to get in pure form. Mosca's release should help alot of you find the purple lady of your dreams.

BigHerb - I still got you on my mind homie! Pm me.

bigherb

Veteran
This is an S1 of the Real Purple Kush cut circulating BC.
I know there are at least 2 cuts in BC one that yields like a PK X Skunk

you kno ive heard many claim the original purple kush to be in bc ,since she is soo rare i always doubted this .anything is possible but wateva she may be your cut looks like som fire

rainman
sup unc

Strictly head stash heirloom production

perfect description for our pk

As far as the other cuts SR71 and Urkle. I have both also and they are actually as good or better depending on what you are looking for

the side by side would be interesting and great for the community ,there are soo many cuts passed out as pk its crazy so this might give som insight too the real deal

now as for your comparison sayin as good or better im surprised ,im interested to kno about the quality of the finished product narcotic stone/exotic taste is wat im lookin for ,not the quality of growth

soo does the effects of original pk standout compared to sr71 n erk in your opinion ?

1luvbigherb

Trillion

I've smoked GDP and it is nice but it really lacks the punch real PK gives and the taste is a bit one dimensional compared to PK.

I havent ever tried Urkle but from what I've seen it looks like a stretched out higher yielding, fluffier PK. As with SR71 and lvpk they just look like PK crosses.

I'll put my cut up against these strains any day of the week... Just wait for the dry shots :D

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Wasn´t SR71 selling clones of DC x Norcal Goo as DC x Strawberry Cough?
Are they misleading customers? :D

Rainman

Veteran
Raco - Whats new bro and hope all is well in the land of sun and Sangria! You are correct but you have it backwards. They were selling the DC x S. Cough as the Goo cross. Alot of their clones are mislabed or have herm issues. The problem is they have a few cuts that people go crazy for like the mislabeled DC cross so not too many complain about their shadyness. The SR71 and DC crosses are their best cuts IMHO.

Trillion - The SR71 is supposed to be an original PK . If you dig into the history it came from a crew called Trichome Tech. SR71 sourced it from there. It is a great plant and many claim it to be a Urkle cross but no one can say for sure. Urkle has hardly any stretch at all and is as narcotic as can be. Maybe just a little less than OPK. GDP is another story! Better/faster growth. Incredible smell and smooth heavy smoke. Much more complicated to the palate than the others. Oh and dont wait for dried shots!! Bringemout!!Bringemout!!

A little Urkle for ya's

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hola rainman :wave: Hope all is well :)

I´m confused now...this is my reference:

"Originally Posted by GR33NL1ON
OK i'm gonna let the cat outta the bag on this one...The SR-71/Blue Sky "SC x DC cut" came from seeds I donated to the club atleast a year ago,....I gave many of these seeds away to various people on and off the boards...The cross is not Strawberry Cough x Deep Chunk, but is Nor Cal Goo x Deep Chunk..The Strawberry Cough clone I had, was actually a Nor Cal Goo clone, that was mislabled as SC and then crossed to deep chunk...I had that NC Goo clone for years, thinking it was the Kyle Kushman Strawberry Cough the whole time...And if you've ever grown the goo, you'd understand why this cross came out soo good...the goo is a straight up resin bomb, the type of resin that feels greasy when rubbing a fresh plant. And DC is all resin aswell(as everyone knows)...I grew out a couple females outdoors(from seed) that year and they were very nice plants, but i think the pheno SR-71/Blue Sky/Skunk Werks discovered is something special for sure, as GET MO displayed..lol!

peace
GreenLion"

Trillion

Very nice Urkle Rainman, very dense buds. I was saying it doesn't really have the bud structure of PK. The closest things I've seen are Pre98 Bubba and suge's pure kush.

Rainman

Veteran
Raco - You got it right. I went back and read what I wrote and it made no sense but yes it was mislabeled and GetMo killed it in his thread! He still owes me a cut now that I think about it! Anyways it was stellar and just an amazing looking lady. I got some Deep Chunk goin currently, so hopefully I will have something close to one of the 1000 or so phenos you seem to have!!

Trill - Your right too! The buds are way denser on the Urkle and go much darker than the OPK. Man im battin 0-2 n this thread!

Man I hate you Cali cats :biglaugh:

What are your thoughts on LVPK? Curious why it didn't get mentioned til page 6 of this thread? How would it compare to an Urkle? That and Bubba kush are the only reference points I have for purple herb.

OC80

What are your thoughts on LVPK?

It has a more floral scent, with slight purple hues. Sometimes with low temps, you can get a dark purple, but your yield suffers.

I know there is sat. in there somewhere, as it has a lot of vigor in veg compared to alot of indis, and it will yield, unlike other "Pks". Bubba is a better strain to compare it with than urkle. The sr71 cut is more comparable to urkle. Some runs, the LVPK and Bubba are almost identical. The smell is a dead give away though. Kushy/floral

headband 707

Plant whisperer
Veteran
There is nothing like PK

There is nothing like PK

Purple Urkle or Erkle is not PK for sure as I have grown both of them. PU almost looks like candy and it's clone only and is like grape pop. PK also clone only is more like kush with the kush smell.. There are atleast 3 top PK's here . Whether the names are real is another story lol.. Obviously one is more expensive then the other two and dank as hell. Hard to find and killer bud and the clubs never get this bud. (they wish lol ) . Once you have had the real PK you will know it lol peace out Headband707:dance013:

bigherb

Veteran
rainman

lovely ladies ,im droolin

how bout a lvpk shot n the opk for comparison

purle kush is hindu kush x purple afghani
read big book of buds 3

thats the description for sr71 reported to be KK pk which is a reported pi X nl

lvpk is a pk hybrid not the opk

erkel has nothin to do with the opk

Once you have had the real PK you will know it

xactly,often imitated neva duplicated