What's new

Why do men expect us to...............

Scottish Research

ICMag Donor
Veteran
drop whatever we are doing, and give them a hand....If I ever ask TOH to drop what he is doing, and help me, he acts like I am so rude. I try to tell him if I am in the middle of something he can't expect me to drop what I am doing to help him....but he does. Then when I try that, he says, he is busy!!!! Men are funny, and I dunno that I will ever figure them out!!! But I love my man, foibles and all!!!!!

I think that you have it backwards. I don't know any guys that have this expectation of their wives. No. It is always the woman that wants help right now! You should see the look of disgust on her face after she asks me to help her do something after I tell her that I'll help her in the morning or later in the day. No it has to be right now. Guys don't do this. No way.

R.Fortune

Princess Vahall

Veteran
Basicly, most couples have different reasons to ask for help. I ask for help when it takes more hands than I have but my wife will ask for help just to know that I love her enough to do things for her.

Sigh....which is why I probably never ask for help anymore.

lost in a sea

Lifer
Veteran
You should see the look of disgust on her face after she asks me to help her do something after I tell her that I'll help her in the morning or later in the day. No it has to be right now. Guys don't do this. No way.

R.Fortune

got to agree with this,,, has to be now!!

maybe men are lazy and women are there to motivate them :dunno:

paulo73

Convicted for turning dreams into reality
Veteran
Word!

Word!

You may love your guy but, not your man because you don't have one. You have a child. A man takes care of his woman.

+1
Thanks FreezerBoy :thank you:
I also expect her to do the same to me :ying: a Woman takes care of her Man:cathug:

C

Classy@Home

Let's see - if I ask for help, it's only because I've tried to do it myself and cannot, and I NEED help right away.

BUT I never ask for help w/ the grocery shopping, the laundry, most meals and the dishes (all of which I do - by myself - because I want to). She brings home the "bacon" right now - I do what I can.

She snaps at me to do shit she is thinking of right now - My Mrs. is borderline Type A personality - I am borderline Type Z (1 heartbeat away from comatose).

She is my greatest treasure - I tell her every day, and I tell my 2 beautiful sons she gave me twice a day how much I love them.

What was the question again???

:dance013:

paulo73

Convicted for turning dreams into reality
Veteran
"My Mrs. is borderline Type A personality - I am borderline Type Z (1 heartbeat away from comatose)."

Gonna make a TShirt with this one if you don´t mind.
Just to use indoors of course ;)

castout

Veteran
I was talking about in the grow. I will be in the middle of cloning, and he will come and say "Babe, need you for a minute to hold this 2x4?". I immediately stop what I am doing, and go help. He was watering the other day, and I asked "Babe, can you come pass me the lil cups to be transplanted?" he turns around and says "Can't you see, I am busy?" I guess I was talking about the way women seem to programmed to drop what they are doing, and men are programmed to finish what they are doing. I was not trying to put TOH down, he is the best man I know. I am blessed that such a caring, kind, responsible, and loyal man, loves me. I wouldn't trade him for anything. It is just kind of a cosmic joke, that men and women understand absolutely nothing about the other, lol!!!!! But yeah, some real interesting responses.....some harsh shit, too, lol. Glad those of you who were harsh, didn't quite get what I was getting at. Ahhhh MEN, you are a mystery to me!!!!!

C

Classy@Home

"My Mrs. is borderline Type A personality - I am borderline Type Z (1 heartbeat away from comatose)."

Gonna make a TShirt with this one if you don´t mind.
Just to use indoors of course ;)
I reserve my rights - but grant YOU license on a quid pro quo...

For every $1,000,000.00 you make - I want a week in A'dam, on you, and we smoke a shit load of everything the whole time...

Deal???

Thengya, thengya verra mush... :tiphat:

mrwags

********* Female Seeds
ICMag Donor
Veteran
you picked the wrong man........want my number?

V

I believe there is the correct answer. For you to live in a dominated house means you possibly live with a guy that thinks the kitchen is the place for you. As he ever used the words "that's women's work?"

If so the quoted answer is correct.

I've been married over 30 years and the idea of telling mine that makes me think about dad and all 5 of his bitter wives.

Enough Said
Mr.Wags

Useful Idiot

Veteran
There is no such thing as womans work.Around our house it's being a team, I wash dishes, do laundry, cook all the time. My wife can be found out on the land sometimes mowing the lawn,planting shrubs,shoveling snow and such. We just work as a team. To answer your question Castout, you probably have set this up for him, you like to be helpful and maybe he does not like to help that much. now don't come back in here and defend him......he pisses you off ...and you started the thread.:comfort:

castout

Veteran
LOL, Useful Idiot...he does indeed piss me off....... but he wasn't even awake when I started typing. I was just pointing out that men and women are so different. I wanted to see if any other ladies had similar experiences with their Other Half's, if they grow together. I like seeing so many men willing to do "women's work". I know most of us ladies never shy away from "men's work". Very surprising turn the thread took. I was referring to growing, but most of the answers, were more about life. In life, we are both stoner couch potatoes, and we have a pot bellied pig do refigerator runs!!!!!

Usually couldn't hear her call for help over the sound of a blender, or some other kitchen appliance.Didn't hear her when she said goodbye neither. :tiphat:
Women are intriguing creatures in how they prioritize what really matters to them.Kill yourself for their sustenance when all they wanted was a hug.

I can't call it, never could, I flunked mind reading or listening or some shit.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Not all men are like that.. Find someone thats more into you then himself.. Men should never think that women are there to wipe there ass. Men should always take care of the home just as much as there partner does.

B

bench warmer

I like doing everything independently.

Well, almost everything.

Princess, you had me at, "Sex".

Hey, you said it first. :biglaugh:

mrcreosote

Veteran
I like to do as little as possible, so when I do have to do something it's like the clouds part and a divine presence is felt...

Doesn't always work as planned.

Bionic

Cautiously Optimistic
Veteran
All this yappin' and still,.. no sandwich! I mean, really! It's not gonna make itself!

bah-ZING! Pass the butter cuz I'm on a roll!!! HAHAHA! XOXOXO! :thank you: OK, I'll stop now.

V

vonforne

Basicly, most couples have different reasons to ask for help. I ask for help when it takes more hands than I have but my wife will ask for help just to know that I love her enough to do things for her.

if you loved her she should not have to ask............

Latest posts

Latest posts