What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Anybody crafty?

SkyRose

Decoupage

Decoupage

(Wish this pic was clearer, but that dam flash keeps leaving a glare)

Here's a clock that I made. I wish I could show you more pics, but they all have family names on them. I stencil the name in with a wood burning tool. A couple of years ago, I made nothing but clocks for my friends & family, for Christmas. Even made one for RED with his family name on it. (Can't show you that one, either). I also make photo coulages with antique looking pictures, sealed on a wooden, stained, plaque. They do come out very nice and make excellent gifts for family & friends.
(Pat myself on the back) I really do enjoy making them and I am always so proud of myself when I walk into a friend's/family's home, and see my art work hanging on their walls. :smoke:

LadyOlive

Very cool stuff Indigo..... I wish I could do that. I love stained glass to, but don't know how. My sister inlaw and a girlfriend do just beautiful work.
My girlfriend does stained glass things for millionaires homes. It's just awesome what this girl can do.

I would love to create something whether it be stained glass, embroidery, goldsmith or whatever of the Taj Mahal. I am a big fan and collector of things pertaining to the Taj Mahal. I have quite a few pieces of the Taj and/or things pertaining to it. I just love its beauty. Plus I dabble in Hinduism.

I also collect music. I love instrumental music from the different cultures. I have made a ton of CD's. India, Spain, Vietnam, Iranian, Italian, and some from different islands. I use it when I meditate. But the best I have is some Native American from the group Cusco.... awesome music. :smile:

You can find it on Limewire. Songs are Dreamcatcher, Flight of the Condor, and Medicine Man. Also Led here by an Eagle by The Rippingtons, and Mahatma by Barrage. Mehdi is another good group.

I just love making CD's for friends so if anyone would like me to put one together for you please feel free to ask, I don't have a problem with mailing one and you can totally, totally trust me. :smile:

Peace friends,
LadyOlive

G

cough_cough_eer said:
waaka waaka waaka.... gotta' love pacman... cute scene too Cough!! I can just see you making it go across the floor scoopin' up the buds.... :chin: well, That's what I would do if I was there:biglaugh:

:bis:Indigo, Lady Olive, SkyRose :respect:
Beautiful Ladies, just beautiful....

G

the wife does crochet, counted cross stitch, tatting( hand made lace), sewing, embroidery, and knits. Got to get her signed up, she loves talking to other women folks about her crafts and getting new ideas.

cough_cough_eer

Anita Bonghitt
Veteran
uuummmm ^^^^^that avatar looks familiar :wave: Tell her to hurry up and come back. :wave:

ms G.... yes ,I took care of those buds. I learned I'm now, way too far sighted to light that darn thing. :cuss: The good news is, I was able to get a hair appointment the next morning. Actually, my hair dresser used to smoke out of it with me when we were in school . :smoke:

B

bonecarver_OG

i kind of sneaked in to have a peek (dont tell my gf! ;) )

and i saw u were showing ur craft things..

i used to be travelling artesan (hand crafting jewelry) during a few years. i also carved pendants etc from bone and wood - and now i work as a sculptor.

heres a few pics -id have some more bone-carvings to show if.. hm they wouldnt have gotten stolen :badday: kind of.

anyway the pics:

H

HellBoy

hey folks..

Thought I would show a sample of my work...

I paint.. (watercolors... Pat O'Brians courtyard bar in New Orleans (BEFORE Katrina!)

922PatO_Brians2-med.jpg

I do handmade bamboo bongs..

922ybong01.jpg

..made for AF at CW a while back...

...and who needs an expensive kief box... just cut the bottom out of a cigar box and use the cedar inserts to make a frame to hold your screen...walla... kief box for under 5 bux!! :D

922Dscn6028-med.jpg

ANYONE can make a kief box...it's easy.. if you are REALLY interested, I think I can re-create a thread that is currently "in custody" of Canadian officials... :yoinks:

LOL!!

HellBoy

tokemon

hey ya all. ;)

nice thread! and there are great artists in here.

esp. this one impressed me the most:

really beatiful! :respect:

B

bonecarver_OG

thanks. :D

that carving is about 3 inches long in total. its tiny. :D i carved a keyring out of mopane wood today for my gf.

i rarelly get time to carve something on the side for my self now adays . i guess its allways like that when u work with it.

hellboy - i paint also water colours :D the two first are paintshop and wacom tablet drawn.

peace all :D

Last edited:

High n Dry

Great looking stuff troops.

I do a little leather working, mostly knife sheaths.

Anyone made a decent herb grinder?

I know they are not a lot of $$, but I hate buyin stuff that could be made easily and cheaper.

G

:wave: I can pee my name in the snow but i cant hold the damn camera still enuf to get a decent pic!! :sasmokin:

H

HellBoy

Did I mention, I also do a little sculpting??? :D

922snowblower.jpg

LOL!! ... please... I take some getting used to, ladies... I'm harmless enough!! :D ...really!!

G

Indigo said:
Well good on you new members to have revived this thread!

HellBoy and bonecarver, very very nice stuff indeed, the both of you are extremely talented. Hats off to you! :pimp3:
I agree, extremely talented...

G

snowblower....
very very very nice
hahaha
(ladies...im also harmless :) no flames :) )
-SenselessRebel

G

hey finally Lady O.... Took me a while huh?
I am very crafty and I like to sew.

Skirt I made out of an old pair of jeans. my mom made these back when I was a teen.

I have into aprons lately. They are great with pockets and stuff. One I made and one I am working on.

Baby blanket with sleeping bag for the teddy.

Paperback book carriers. Did these with my girl scout troop when I was a leader.

No sewing for these but I make them all the time. Right Lady O?

Latest posts

Latest posts