What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

C4DD - info, grow-along and test grows.

too-dope

#6 male at 71 days. Had to stall up-potting my C4DD plants while they were waiting their turn for more veg space. They suffered a mag deficiency but have since started to bounce back after a transplant coupled with epsom salt treatments. The male is on his way to the flower tent. He was the most productive of the few males I ended up with and has an absolutely RANK chem/skunk aroma. You can see variegation and the magnesium deficiency in the leaf pictured.
picture.php

picture.php

too-dope

Clockwise #4, #8, and #7 is the little one at the bottom. #4 shows variegation as well. The #7 in appears to be the fastest in recovering from the mag deficiency.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks too-dope, they look to be bouncing back nicely!

The C4D male i used to make the cross was very smelly too (gifted to me by the herbalizer)

keep us posted on how you get on with flowering,

VG

too-dope

#7 and #8 respectively 25 days into flower. The mag deficiency was actually caused by a root aphid problem, got that cleared up before they went into flower and now they're doing great. I'm expecting them to finish strong. I pollinated a few of my best cuts with the male and I intend to hit all three females for some F2 action.
picture.php

picture.php

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
#7 and #8 respectively 25 days into flower. The mag deficiency was actually caused by a root aphid problem, got that cleared up before they went into flower and now they're doing great. I'm expecting them to finish strong. I pollinated a few of my best cuts with the male and I intend to hit all three females for some F2 action.
View Image
View Image

Look on point :good:
Nice job too-dope :tiphat:

G

I would love these but i don't want to test my carbon filter and create a problem, maybe popping + growing one at a time would be ok?

99problems

I put 1 seed in to soil, will put a few more once the summer is over.

It's a real freak though, it only has one shoot per node and growing slow and funky, if it's a lady I'll grow it out to see what will become of it!

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
sounds interesting, not heard of many weird plants amngst the C4DD, let us know how it turns out!

too-dope

#7 at 56 days. I'm having the same trouble containing the smell of the flower room this round as I've had in the past with Headbanger runs. Raw chem funk is permeating my whole house.
picture.php

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
Hell yeah, too-dope! Looking frosty. Stinky stuff, no doubt. Recently opened a jar of one of my phenos to snatch some out and found the room still stinking hours later. :)

VG, I have a story you might enjoy. The experience still makes me laugh just remembering the guy's facial expressions and enthusiasm of his C4DD experience.

I have a neighbor who’s attempting his first grow. Things aren’t going so great for him, so I am offering advice here and there. During one such time he asked if I get my weed from a dispensary or where. Told him I’m a grower, so I’m holding - always. Being a grower is about being self-sufficient. He wanted to buy some. Nah. But I’ll give ya a sample pack. Gave him a few grams of each of the following:

1.) Master Kush x Sweet Skunk
2.) BlueDigiBerry F2 (my favorite pheno, #2)
3.) Lemon Cello (Sweet Skunk S1)
4.) C4DD (my favorite pheno, #2)

Each bag only had the corresponding number, so he had no idea what was what and the names wouldn’t mean anything to him anyway. Next conversation he never mentioned #1 or #2 - and I didn’t ask - but rather talked about the power and immediacy of #3, and that it lasted long. But it was #4 that he raved about. (Supposedly his cousin can’t quit talking about it either.) He talked about how great it smells and tastes and that the high was the best with a slower creep and, “it’s covered in crystals - I want to grow weed like that!” I laughed out loud. Then told him it's mostly about great genetics. When he asked about more, I gave him close to a quarter of my #4 pheno of C4DD. Haven’t yet talked to him since. Will be interesting to hear how he thinks it compares. :tiphat:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looking frosty too-dope. Hope the smell doesnt cause problems !

Shmavis, thanks for telling that story. Whenever i smell the D or the C4DD i always think of that now rather outdated term 'dank' . The buds just smell a bit nasty in a good way - and you just know they are going to be potent.
I'm popping a bunch of C4DD in the next few days to find a few nice plants to go forward and make more seeds. more about that soon.

VG

too-dope

Looking frosty too-dope. Hope the smell doesnt cause problems !

Shmavis, thanks for telling that story. Whenever i smell the D or the C4DD i always think of that now rather outdated term 'dank' . The buds just smell a bit nasty in a good way - and you just know they are going to be potent.
I'm popping a bunch of C4DD in the next few days to find a few nice plants to go forward and make more seeds. more about that soon.

VG

It's a great problem to have :tiphat:

fireandashes36

I ran a couple c4dd females outdoor this year from seed. This is my keeper. She reeks very similar to chem d.

Attachments

• B0CE4372-B4A0-41A9-8616-CB46C6C313B7.jpg
    B0CE4372-B4A0-41A9-8616-CB46C6C313B7.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 51

too-dope

#7 approximately 45 days in the jar. Definitely a chem d leaning pheno. strong diesel/chem/earthy aroma no sour. Taste comes through nicely. Powerful relaxing effect. A bit of spacial disorientation but absolutely no anxiety. Melts you right into the couch.
picture.php

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sounds great too-dope. Thanks for the smoke report.

I'm working on new cabs atm and soon i will start pheno hunting to make some more C4DD seeds !