Great weekend to all!

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
woohoo!
last cola shot looks particularly promising. Great calyx to leaf ratio all round.
and still some time to swell!
Thanks shmavis!

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
woohoo!
last cola shot looks particularly promising. Great calyx to leaf ratio all round.
and still some time to swell!
Thanks shmavis!

Thanks VG,

That last pic is #4. The one that's shown the most variegation - and first to do so. And seems to be the heaviest feeder. But all have seemed to want more than my soil mix could provide. #3 seems to have responded most favorably to the provided inputs. I have been trying to read them and supplement along the way (doing a lot more of it than I'm used to). I just fed a (likely) last cocktail with some Neptune's Harvest (among others) included for a boost of P. Will watch to see how they respond but probably only water from here on out. Here's a pic of the clone I have of #4:

picture.php

This is with no additional calmag.

Runt has started to show some nice coloring the last couple days and may be a close second to #3 in terms of seeming relatively happy with life. Some pics to follow...

Very nice Schmavis, things coming along nicely! Now ready for the final road... bulking it up :)

Thanks brother! It will be fun to watch how much they swell - and how soon they finish. They all stink! but #4 might have the edge with an extra special funk. Looking forward to seeing which is the biggest stinker in the end. :biggrin:

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
Day 49:

Day 49:

For all my early concern about how these plants were growing, i.e., branchy and flimsy ones at that, they have turned out to be some great plants. Doubtful to be fully self-supporting through the end but branching really did firm up. Right now #4 is the only one staked. She was the branchiest of the bunch and was really starting to flop as she starts to put on weight. So she got some support a couple days ago. #2 will be next and #3 is starting to get some floppies as well. Runt's branches are holding strong for now. I really like #3. Grabbed some closer looks of her today.

Straight water yesterday till a good runoff. Will lop an hour off the light cycle today and turn the humidity setting down. Thinking they'll be ready by week 9 - we'll see!

Group:

picture.php

#3:

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Happy Growing!

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
For sure these are great at holding them self up, would be good for outdoor.

Probably true but not what I am experiencing. Could be due to low light conditions though. I am only running 420w of light. And I think I left more lowers on than I should've. And outdoors I imagine they'd be more rigid. I very well may be putting one of these outdoors this spring, I am guessing it'll be #3 if I do. Runt is the only one not staked.

Beauties!

Thanks brother!

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
Day 56:

Day 56:

So last week I went 11/13 with the light cycle and had planned to dial the light down to 350w output this weekend at week 8 with the hope of these finishing by week 9. I don't see them being ready by then though, so will push on to next weekend and see how they look then.

Got some closer looks at #2 today. She'll probably be the lowest yielder. She's the least frostiest. But has a stature and structure very similar to #3, which I really like.

Group:
picture.php

#2:

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Great weekend to all!

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice shmavis, they all look to have filled in and filled out a bit since the last pics!

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
Thanks VG! They are puffing up nicely. They are drinking slowly now and winding down. Looking more like a ten week finish but I will check trichs this weekend. They’ve done really well considering this is only my third run with this light and the first with it in a tent. It’s been a bit tricky controlling environment (have found 20* swings in day/night temps) but they’ve held up well. I imagine they would’ve done much better and filled in better and yielded more under more light and with a more focused effort on an even canopy. I will dim the light this weekend if trichs look like they’re getting close.

Had also grabbed some pics of Runt at day 56 (and posted elsewhere, but thought you'd like to see 'em here). She scared me being so tall and I thought she wouldn’t be suited for a tent grow where she’d get so close to the light - she’s within six inches of it. So in a way I am glad she got as tall as she did because I have learned from the experience that I can get the light much closer than I thought. Runt looks to be the only one of the four that will have some colors to her flowers. Really looking forward to sampling her. I plan to take a sample branch from each this weekend.

Runt, day 56:

picture.php

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Back this weekend with some pics of trichomes.

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
The Home Stretch:

The Home Stretch:

Dialed the light down to 350w last Saturday. Starting to see more and more withering of pistils and swelling of calyxes. Seem to be adding weight daily. Real nice funk going on. Found it odd that of the samples I took, #4, which was the heaviest feeder and first to show early fade, had a detectable chlorophyll smell in the background whereas the others do not. Just looking at the samples you'd think #2 would more so, with all the green still in her...

Had 'em out today looking them over and grabbed some pics.

Day 68:

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
looking great, fading nicely.

i remember reading a rez post where he said that the Chem D puts on a lot of weight and resin in the last couple of weeks - even if it looks like it is not doing much.
Let hope you like the smoke because you've got plenty to get through!

any male flowers spotted at all?

VG

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
Thanks VG! Really happy with how these plants have performed. And yeah, even if I love the smoke, I will have way more than I need or can work through on my own... Can’t imagine what they would look like under more light... Guess I will be filling some Easter baskets with glittery eggs, lol. I have twice taken six to seven hits from the sample of Runt and found it much more introspective than I expected. Not much in the way of body - mainly if not all in the head. Quite potent and remarkably smooth for a non-cured early sample.

Male flowers. If there is any on Runt, #2 & #3, I haven’t seen them. However #4 has shown some nanners, but quite different from normal late-flower nanners. On many but not all of the terminal bud sites of side branches at the very tip of the flower is a single, non swollen, nanner. I haven’t seen any in, or on the top of the cola though. Only today after picking one off did I realize that they’re as deflated as they are. And no more than one per flower, kind of weird.

#4 full, day 70:

picture.php

Here’s a poor attempt at trying to photograph the nanner on the tip of one. If you look at the topmost calyx I think it can be seen just to the left of the colored pistil.

picture.php

A little better look:

picture.php

Technically "male" flowers? Not sure, but I'm not concerned about them.

Great weekend to all!