What's new

C4DD - info, grow-along and test grows.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks shmavis, i would hope that the smoke will gain more body as they finish ripening.

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
thanks shmavis, i would hope that the smoke will gain more body as they finish ripening.

I would suspect so. It was an early sample with mostly clear and some cloudy trichs so not a big surprise. A very nice head. I like it a lot.

Nice work Shmavis. I have 6 C4DD seedlings vegging right now, looking forward to some funky chem buds myself.

Thanks too-dope. It's been a fun grow and I am really looking forward to the finished flowers. Thinking I am going to do a big bubble run with most of them though. Best of luck with yours and hope to see you share some pics with us. There's definitely some funky terps!

Ran across this quote from Scrappy-doo and found it to mirror my experience.

I've never found the d cut to stretch a whole lot at least not vertically. Certainly nothing like an og or even ecsd. She's vigorous and stretches laterally very well so she's easy to turn into a bush.. Can't hold her own weight though so expect some flopping.

In fact, this morning I found one of the lowest unsupported branches had let go, doing a bit more than flopping. :biggrin:

picture.php

Tonight at lights out I will unplug at day 78. Then chop on Wednesday.

Happy Sunday!

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I would suspect so. It was an early sample with mostly clear and some cloudy trichs so not a big surprise. A very nice head. I like it a lot.

Thanks too-dope. It's been a fun grow and I am really looking forward to the finished flowers. Thinking I am going to do a big bubble run with most of them though. Best of luck with yours and hope to see you share some pics with us. There's definitely some funky terps!

Ran across this quote from Scrappy-doo and found it to mirror my experience.

In fact, this morning I found one of the lowest unsupported branches had let go, doing a bit more than flopping. :biggrin:

View Image

Tonight at lights out I will unplug at day 78. Then chop on Wednesday.

Happy Sunday!

Looking good nothing what a piece of string wont fix,:) Nice one Shmavis

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
Chopped:

Chopped:

Looking good nothing what a piece of string wont fix,:) Nice one Shmavis

Thanks brother!

Chopped this morning.

picture.php
picture.php

Excellent funky terps on these plants. Breaking up a bud of Runt last night I couldn't get over how oily, not so much sticky, my fingers were... Will be back in a month or so to share some flower pics and smoke report. Hope by sharing this experience that others who are interested in this seed line will find it helpful.

Can’t say thanks enough for your generosity, VG! :tiphat:

too-dope

Thanks brother!

Chopped this morning.

View Image View Image

Excellent funky terps on these plants. Breaking up a bud of Runt last night I couldn't get over how oily, not so much sticky, my fingers were... Will be back in a month or so to share some flower pics and smoke report. Hope by sharing this experience that others who are interested in this seed line will find it helpful.

Can’t say thanks enough for your generosity, VG! :tiphat:
Very nice. Looking forward to your report. I'll post a photo or two of my seedlings when they get a bit bigger.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
well they look good and ready shmavis, i like an 'ugly' finish.
Interesting how you describe the buds as 'oily', the Chem D buds never go crispy even if you dry them completely. I think that quality is often called 'greasy'.
Hope you like the smoke as much as i do, like ive said before the Chem D is one of the only smokes i find to help me sleep.

VG

sticking

Took mine at 8 weeks, could easy have gone 2 more but was out of smoke and veg tent was crowded so had to move some to the flower room. Got 3,5 once from the big plant and around half that from the small one. Even though it was taken early and had no time 2 cure (cut around 2 weeks ago) smoke was awesome. Have a clone in a 5 gal pot soon ready for round 3, hopefully i can document the grow better then and dail it in more. This round i noticed that it takes nutes very well and might need a bit extra N?
Anyone else had this experience?

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
Very nice. Looking forward to your report. I'll post a photo or two of my seedlings when they get a bit bigger.

Thanks. Great. Looking forward to seeing 'em.

:laughing:

well they look good and ready shmavis, i like an 'ugly' finish.
Interesting how you describe the buds as 'oily', the Chem D buds never go crispy even if you dry them completely. I think that quality is often called 'greasy'.
Hope you like the smoke as much as i do, like ive said before the Chem D is one of the only smokes i find to help me sleep.

VG

A few days of dark before chop always brings out the ugly. :biggrin:

Appreciate that tidbit. And I found that to be the case with the early samples. They are plenty dry but the small bud of Runt I broke up was very slick. I agree about the usual use of ‘greasy’ as the descriptor for this, but the word, for me, connotes a presence of tackiness - there’s some stickiness - but that’s not the case with Runt. (Or maybe it’s more of a consistency difference tripping me up.) I think of it like the difference between petroleum jelly and mineral oil. If that makes sense. I guess what I am trying to say is that Runt is distinguishing herself once again. Of the four she was the most different as far as growing. And breaking up the others I don’t find them to be as “super lubricated” as Runt. Even though two of them are equally frosty, and one possibly more so. Interesting stuff.

Super excited to sample the late harvest flowers to see how they compare to the early samples!

Took mine at 8 weeks, could easy have gone 2 more but was out of smoke and veg tent was crowded so had to move some to the flower room. Got 3,5 once from the big plant and around half that from the small one. Even though it was taken early and had no time 2 cure (cut around 2 weeks ago) smoke was awesome. Have a clone in a 5 gal pot soon ready for round 3, hopefully i can document the grow better then and dail it in more. This round i noticed that it takes nutes very well and might need a bit extra N?
Anyone else had this experience?

Hi sticking, I found them to be heavy feeders. I supplemented waterings much more than usual. And even hit 'em twice with Alaska 5-1-1. And more than a few feeding with Neptune's Harvest. Hope this helps. Great news that you got some awesome smoke!

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
The weigh in:

The weigh in:

I pulled a total of 363 grams from these four plants. Pretty good yield for a seed run under only 420w of light. Weight per plant:

#1 (Runt): 94g
#2: 87g
#3: 79g
#4: 103g

#2 was the big surprise. The smallest plant and flowers. It was obvious though that the buds were tighter than the others. But I certainly didn’t think they were tight enough to outweigh #3 but looks can be decieving. Some real funk on these flowers. Took a couple grams of each to a friend and they stayed in my truck for about 9hrs before he picked them up. He told me my truck reeked and he was glad no one was around when he got them. Well, when I went to leave it reeked so bad that I thought he left something for me… but no, it was the remnants of C4DD. I drove home with the windows down and then could still smell it the next day when I got in the truck. At one point had the flowers in grocery bags and moved them to a bedroom upstairs. Had the house windows open one nice early spring day and when coming in from outside couldn’t believe the brick wall of funk I was walking in to - even with the windows open. Whew. Friend said his girl made him move the samples I gave him to his shed because they were stinking up the house too much, lol.

I had been sampling here and there but once they had a good cure I set out to sample each starting with #1 on a Monday, #2 on a Tuesday, #3 on a Wednesday, #4 on a Thursday and the plan was to then return to my favorite on Friday. Didn’t make it past #2. When Wednesday came I found myself reaching again for #2. It again ended up being the surprise. For being the smallest and least frostiest, it really pulled through in the end. A potent powerful even head/body that really brings on the munchies before welcoming sleep. I really like it and have smoked on it a lot more than the others. #3 is similar in effect but somewhat weak. Just doesn’t have the punch of #2. #1 & #4 don’t have much body to them - more cerebral in effect. Still need to do more sampling but as of now #2 is the standout for me.

Left to right numerically:

picture.php

This was #2 at chop:

picture.php

These were some really nice plants that produced some great stinky flowers - thanks VG!

too-dope

I pulled a total of 363 grams from these four plants. Pretty good yield for a seed run under only 420w of light. Weight per plant:

#1 (Runt): 94g
#2: 87g
#3: 79g
#4: 103g

#2 was the big surprise. The smallest plant and flowers. It was obvious though that the buds were tighter than the others. But I certainly didn’t think they were tight enough to outweigh #3 but looks can be decieving. Some real funk on these flowers. Took a couple grams of each to a friend and they stayed in my truck for about 9hrs before he picked them up. He told me my truck reeked and he was glad no one was around when he got them. Well, when I went to leave it reeked so bad that I thought he left something for me… but no, it was the remnants of C4DD. I drove home with the windows down and then could still smell it the next day when I got in the truck. At one point had the flowers in grocery bags and moved them to a bedroom upstairs. Had the house windows open one nice early spring day and when coming in from outside couldn’t believe the brick wall of funk I was walking in to - even with the windows open. Whew. Friend said his girl made him move the samples I gave him to his shed because they were stinking up the house too much, lol.

I had been sampling here and there but once they had a good cure I set out to sample each starting with #1 on a Monday, #2 on a Tuesday, #3 on a Wednesday, #4 on a Thursday and the plan was to then return to my favorite on Friday. Didn’t make it past #2. When Wednesday came I found myself reaching again for #2. It again ended up being the surprise. For being the smallest and least frostiest, it really pulled through in the end. A potent powerful even head/body that really brings on the munchies before welcoming sleep. I really like it and have smoked on it a lot more than the others. #3 is similar in effect but somewhat weak. Just doesn’t have the punch of #2. #1 & #4 don’t have much body to them - more cerebral in effect. Still need to do more sampling but as of now #2 is the standout for me.

Left to right numerically:

View Image

This was #2 at chop:

View Image

These were some really nice plants that produced some great stinky flowers - thanks VG!

Excellent report Shmavis, thank you.

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
Excellent report Shmavis, thank you.

You’re welcome - and thanks!

I am not familiar with the differences between Chem D and Chem 4 so can’t speak to which plant may lean toward one or the other, but there is differences between them. Both #2 & #3 have more body to them than Runt and #4.

Hope you find yours to your liking. :tiphat:

G

Great job with this grow Shamvis! They really fattened up nice there at the end. Makes me want to dig out the F2s from couple of years ago and bury them. Maybe later this year. So many beans, so little time. :whee:

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
Thanks Keif! They did fatten up nicely. Rather happy with the COB panel's performance. I had thought #3 would be the second highest yielding, behind #4. Still surprised it yielded the least. Here it was just before chop:

picture.php

I can appreciate (and share) your too many beans problem. :biggrin:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Strange, i posted here yesterday but it is not here?

Great report shmavis and great grow-show. Good yield for sure, 1gpw should be easy to dial up to.
Really glad you approve, and found a special one in the four. Yes this gear is very smelly, i go outside or into my greenhouse to roll with the C4DD as it absolutely PONGS!
Also pleased that you find it helps sleep after the initial buzz, The Chem is about the only one that does that for me. I Think this is a pretty good seed version of the Chem D and it has a slightly better yield and more vigor imo.
Just running the Chem 4 clone for the first time so it will be interesting to see how that compares
VG

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Chem 4 is much more like Sour D. It has a similar calyx structure and a lemon/lime sort of chem twang to her. She makes longer, taller, thinner flowers.

dank.Frank

Greenthumber

I think your post in the chem d x pre98 thread was meant for this one lol I caught your comment and thought to myself that you might have posted to
The wrong thread lol this confirmed my thought

Latest posts

Latest posts