What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

C4DD - info, grow-along and test grows.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looks really good @RobFromTX - you seem to be good at growing short stocky plants.. you must give them plenty of room so that they don't compete with each other :tiphat:
VG

RobFromTX

Yes they are all in 3 gallon. Thats normally what i use with sativas. But im surprised at how much these grew with only a 3 week veg. Maybe it has something to with using fabric pots? A mystery to me

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yeah they are slower to begin flowering (when you flip them to 12/12) when young with plenty of root space... i think 1 gallon is a bit small for a plant from seed to 'express itself' properly... i reckon 1.5 to 2 gallons might be a good compromise for more plants but still decent sized buds. I use 1.25 gallon ones quite a bit but i think they are too small really i use them because i have to lol.
VG

RobFromTX

Good point. Maybe ill stick with 3 gal and just drop the veg time with more plants. Im growing with a 600 watt hps in 5x5 grow frame without the tent cover. Kind of a hillbillie set up but im really liking that i can walk around and admire the plants and watering is much easier this way. Besides the look stellar even without the tent

RobFromTX

The only concern id say i have at the moment is the smell. Im so use to growing sativas that i forgot how pungent these indicas can be. Has my wife a little nervous but i only have another 2/3 weeks so i think everything will be fine

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
do you mean smell from opening the door to the room? presumably you have inline fan and carbon filtration? i wouldn't take chances they may have a bit longer than you think and they will get smellier !
it would be nice to be able to walk all the way round for sure.. save a lot of hassle, but the sides of the tent/cab do reflect a lot of light back in and make it easier to contain the smell !
GL
VG

RobFromTX

Yeah i dont have any filters. its all good though. We have good neighbors. The cops here dont go after this stuff anymore. Its the people you have to worry about. And my old lady gets paranoid every time i grow😁

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well @RobFromTX its your choice and i'm very happy you liking my gear.. but for the price of a couple of packs of seeds you could buy an inline fan and carbon filter which would keep your Missus happy and avoid any unwelcome attention. They are pretty easy to set up and i really think it's a false economy for any grower not to have one. You sound like you in this for the 'long game' and you would be better getting that sorted sooner rather than later... why wait for a problem before you sort it?
My own inline fan has been working pretty much continuously for 12 years + !
VG

Liamp1603

it certainly should @Liamp1603 ! - hope you enjoy them and let us know how you get on !
Out of four I have three I lost one by accident I reached into the tent to grab something and it bent snapped and was unable to recover .... all 3 are the same in structure and look pretty uniform ... I have one confirmed female at the moment so fingers crossed the other 2 follow suit .... they are around 30 days from seed maybe a little longer .... they actually have a smell coming from them
Already without a stem rub or any flowers .... not had that before I'll kee you updated

Attachments

• IMG_0439.jpeg
    IMG_0439.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 74
  • IMG_0438.jpeg
    IMG_0438.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 72
  • IMG_0440.jpeg
    IMG_0440.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 73

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looking good @Liamp1603 - thanks for posting the pics. Great that you have one girl already , fingers crossed for the other two. Yes, chems often smell quite strong in veg!
VG :tiphat:

Liamp1603

Looking good @Liamp1603 - thanks for posting the pics. Great that you have one girl already , fingers crossed for the other two. Yes, chems often smell quite strong in veg!
Btw have you found any phenos with this leaf discolouration ? I have one and it isn't just one leaf it is a few leaves all over the plant I've not seen it before

Attachments

• IMG_0467.jpeg
    IMG_0467.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 65
  • IMG_0470.jpeg
    IMG_0470.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 66
  • IMG_0468.jpeg
    IMG_0468.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 80
  • IMG_0469.jpeg
    IMG_0469.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 77

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi again, yes that leaf streak comes from the Chem D. It is a heritable trait and does appear in a few plants... it can be influenced or improved sometimes by tweaking the soil mix... seems to have something to do with processing of magnesium (possibly) . I wouldn't worry about it if the plant seems happy otherwise.
VG

Liamp1603

18 days in on flower now with the c4dd I've put in a netting to add support to the plants and for them to be tucked into to get an even spread and out of the 3 c4dd plants I have I have 3 different phenos on characteristics ... one is short short it didn stretch one bit at all and has short nodal spacing I literally had to go under the netting to show it while the other two are stretchy and large internodal spacing but the bud structure is different on them both .... no smell yet tho .... the smaller plant seems to be more hungrier than the bigger two ... the bud structure on the short and one of the tall ones look the same while the other taller plant looks really hairy if you get what I mean overall happy with them so far

Attachments

• IMG_1015.jpeg
    IMG_1015.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 57
  • IMG_1014.jpeg
    IMG_1014.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 51
  • IMG_1013.jpeg
    IMG_1013.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 57
  • IMG_1008.jpeg
    IMG_1008.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 54
  • IMG_1009.jpeg
    IMG_1009.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 51
  • IMG_1012.jpeg
    IMG_1012.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 55

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey thanks @Liamp1603 for posting the pics, they look like they are budding up nicely! i think one plant may still stretch a little more but the other two have maybe topped out. Looking good... but yes a challenge to scrog 3 different plants of unknown stretch !

Latest posts

Latest posts