What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Fiddynut's indoor jungle

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
happening guys

sativas are good to smoke and fun to grow but i can see why the ca$h croppers avoid them
i could probably get two runs of indicas in the time it will take for this gal to finish up
add in their overall unruly nature and you can see why they wouldent be the best for indoor growers
i will have to get a close up pic of some of the training ive done but lets just say ive bent em' like becham to keep her at a decent height
when i run plants for the firt time, i like to let them sort of grow into their natural form
i will do some minor bending and of course, i employ twisty ties to support heavy branches, but i want to see what the natural shape of the plant is
/ as opposed to a sog/ screen grow
as you can see, even with extreme bending, there is some heat stress in a few of the tops growing really close to the light source
(if you look closely at the 7oclock position you will see a couple branches growing horizontally, those were branches that were bent to over 90' angles)
most of us dont have the vertical space to let a sativa go, but outdoors there is no real height limit
hopefully with it being legal, more growers will be growing outdoors and maybe we will see a resurgence of the sativa goodness, but most people in the market are still unaware of what a good sativa can bring to the table

packerfan79

Veteran
happening guys

sativas are good to smoke and fun to grow but i can see why the ca$h croppers avoid them
i could probably get two runs of indicas in the time it will take for this gal to finish up
add in their overall unruly nature and you can see why they wouldent be the best for indoor growers
i will have to get a close up pic of some of the training ive done but lets just say ive bent em' like becham to keep her at a decent height
when i run plants for the firt time, i like to let them sort of grow into their natural form
i will do some minor bending and of course, i employ twisty ties to support heavy branches, but i want to see what the natural shape of the plant is
/ as opposed to a sog/ screen grow
as you can see, even with extreme bending, there is some heat stress in a few of the tops growing really close to the light source
(if you look closely at the 7oclock position you will see a couple branches growing horizontally, those were branches that were bent to over 90' angles)
most of us dont have the vertical space to let a sativa go, but outdoors there is no real height limit
hopefully with it being legal, more growers will be growing outdoors and maybe we will see a resurgence of the sativa goodness, but most people in the market are still unaware of what a good sativa can bring to the table

I hope you are right about people being more open to growing and smoking more sativa. I personally think a lot of the heavy indicas can have a very 1 dimensional high. I have customers who say they hate anything with any sativa influences. I have learned not to waste my breath explaining the value in sativa. I love being high and motivated. Why wouldn't you want to be energized and enjoy getting things done with a nice buzz, as opposed to melting into the couch every time you smoke. If I was just growing for myself I would lime to have a nice sativa, and something to end the day with..

Rodehazrd

Packer fan I agree with you on the motivating buzz. I think some type A folk need the couch lock to get to normal . I haven't grown any pure sativa yet but the pheno with the long skinny leaf and goes the longest has been my fav in all the strains i tried so far. I am looking for an outdoor strain to put down the ridge here. It won't get any care other than a good start. This place freezes around mid to late October so It could be a fast sativa. Does that exist? It can be 20 feet tall and not be noticed. I would love to grow a tree to pad the stash for winter:tiphat:

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
i agree pack, a lot of the heavy hitters offer a very one dimensional high
slow and lazy, they render most users lethargic and stoned as opposed to high
/imagine all those good times back we all had in the day, the fits of laughter, the silly ideas, and the cartoonish colors if all we had was indicas back then
i can understand how the idea of one hit sh!t can lend the notion of economy, i mean you only take a hit or two and then you feel a strong stone, but i like to smoke a lot sometimes and enjoy being able to function ( at least somewhat)

hope everyone is having a great week and ready to easy into the weekend!

Fiddynut

Good afternoon friends.

@pop_rocks. Yes I've heard that sativas are a hand full indoors so I've avoided strains that are sat dominated. I would defenatley like to try growing one someday. As I watch you and others I'll learn some methods to help me be successful when I do try. I'd really like to try to grow one outside but I doubt it would finish in time around these parts, we're so far from the equator here. Maybe I could pull it off in a little greenhouse with light deprivation but those arnt too tall either. I totally remember "trip weed" and the really high energy buzz I use to get from the Mexican sativas that were predominantly around here in the 80's before we started getting American grown hybrids. I'd get the giggles all the time after smoking. I'm sure the tolerance I've developed in the last 30 years has had a little to do with the buzz being different these days but I'm sure the product does too. I hope your week is going great too buddy.

@Packerfan. I agree that the buzz from a lot of these hybrids is more and more one dimensional. Maybe there are just so many crosses with the same few grandparents and great grandparents or something. I like your idea of a nice sativa and something to end the day with.

@Rodehazrd. I think your right about the type A people. I had a buddy that was really high strung and he hated sativas. He defenatley needed the sedative effects of an indica to be fairly normal. Diffrent strokes for different folks I guess.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
hey fiddy
hope your week is wrapping up nicely and you are going into the weekend strong!
yeah, sativas can be a hassle indoors
in addition to their growth habit, they go a really long, long time
when you are paying to light the big sun in the sky you want to get the most bang for your watts/$
but they can be fat at harvest and some of the biggest plants i ever grew out were sativa leaning hybrids
but when it comes to the buzz they can be worth it
i had to laugh when you discribed the trip weed fun you had
we called it giggle puff
i remember all the good times i had when i was young with this hawaiian friend of mine
we would get each other rolling with laughter at the silliest things, plus the visual trip was insane!
/ we called it cartoon land
yuo might be right that a long season sativa might not finish in time where you live, but maybe you could run a couple indoors
we will see if its worth the extra trouble and time in the next few months, but one of the sativas looks like its going to finish faster than its sister
its funny when you mention tolerance, because i will rotate through a few different strains
i tihnk you get used to the high of one strain if you smoke it too much, thats why i like to have a few diffferent kinds on hand
well, i am def going to be pulling downa couple plants this weekend
the mrs is going on another trip next week so unless i want ot let em' go three more weeks they need to come down on sat
/i will have other stuff ofr her to trim up when she gets back
oh, how was the start of the moto season?
i recall you mentioning that a while back and wanted to ask more
hope you had a great day buddy!

Badfishy1

Helloooooo jungle bunnies! Hope everyone is ok! Pack sorry to hear about moving situation! Are you by the dunes by any chance? Just got a call from a guy I know saying he’s got some animal cookie cuts in town. Going to try and snag one off him! Also ordered some GreenPoint cookieWreck that I’m going to try and run. Picked up a supernova 300w led so hoping to run a legit setup when beans come through. Be good lads... if you can’t be good then be good at it

Fiddynut

Happy Friday tribe.

@pop_rocks. Defenatley going to try a sativa indoors sometime. I'll probably wait until I build in a room which will give me more space to play and more headroom as well, which it sounds like I'll need. That old school seedy Mexican weed sure was fun back in the day. We would get so high and laugh the night away. And even get some visuals like you said, I miss that stuff. I hear you on the strain toleran too. I've been lucky enough to get at least a couple diffrent phenos in my grows to help me change it up. I also have been trading my buds to a few friends for some of what they are getting. My buds are usually better but having variety makes it worth it. I hope your harvest goes well this weekend. I took down another plant last night so I'm down to one in flower that will go less than another week. The motogp race was great last weekend, very close racing all the way to the finish. I hope you had a great week and you are all set for a nice weekend. I have to do our taxes this weekend and I'm going to be smoking a pastrami on Sunday.

@Badfishy. All is well here buddy. It sounds like you are getting your hands on some nice new genetics. I hope thay preform well for you. I've never ran an LED light let us know how it goes. I will be adding a light to two in a few months and I'm up in the air about what to go with.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
glad to see you back, fish
hope you are doing well,brother
that is great that you are picking up a lamp for indoors, do you have a space set up?

smoked pastrami sounds awesome, f'nut!
we had some great corned beef last weekend and i keep thinking to myself i would love to get a nice meat slicer!
i enjoy eating the meats as is, or hand slicing it thin; but even with good knife work, its nothing compared to what i could do with a good meat slicer
we used to get this thai weed here in san diego that was a totaly head trip
the good mex was also a favorite , but every now and then we would find some good weed from far off exotic places
that is great that you are pulling another plant
i bet you are pretty stocked up right now
have you had a chance t sample any of the previous plant you picked
thats nice of you to trade with your buddies
how would you describe what they have?

hope you all are starting your weekend off on the good foot
lets make the most of it!

Fiddynut

that is great that you are picking up a lamp for indoors, do you have a space set up?

we had some great corned beef last weekend and i keep thinking to myself i would love to get a nice meat slicer!
i enjoy eating the meats as is, or hand slicing it thin; but even with good knife work, its nothing compared to what i could do with a good meat slicer
the good mex was also a favorite , but every now and then we would find some good weed from far off exotic places

Good afternoon pop_rocks.

So I'm doing a "cheater" pastrami tomorrow. I got a corned beef brisket and I'm soaking it in water and changing the water a few time to pull some of the salt out of it. Once I get the salt level down to the right level I'll rub it down with black pepper and coriander and put it on the smoker. A good pastrami needs a little steam to finish it off. I usually pickle my own brisket but I'm lazy and short on time this weekend.

You are right that a meat slicer is the way to go for thin and uniformly sliced meat, cheese and things like that. The problem is that they are big and don't often get used and usually end up in the basement or storage. I got one for my birthday a couple years ago and have only used it a couple times. They are kind of a lot of work to clean too. But for some things there is just no substitute. I think that it's a necessary tool for a proper cheese steak sandwich because you need to slice the rib eye so thin.

I haven't sampled any of the latest plants yet, mostly because I still have some left from the last harvest. I also want to get at least a couple weeks or so of cure on them before I evaluate. The first two plants ended up being 7 jars worth of dried buds. The first two are the smaller, lower yeilders too so I'm thinking I'll end up with about what I got last harvest once everything is trimmed and dried. I think I got 16-18 jars last run. Most of the buds I've swapped my friends for is not nearly as loud as mine. It's usually fairly potent but lacks the flavor and smell of my skunky stuff. If I take a gram of my buds and put it in a ziplock bag and walk into a bar people immediately start looking around and making comments about a skunk.

I hope you have a great weekend brother...Fiddy.

Badfishy1

All is well bud. Just been away for a while with work. Really want to learn at some point in life how to make proper cured meats! I’ve got a small area I’m just going to convert for a couple plants or a single bush in a fabric pot

Rodehazrd

Hey Tribe
Anyone up for the partycup challenge this time?
I just don't have a big impressive bud that I want to grow. The gogi may throw a totem pole but I only have five regs and don't want to waste one of the few I may get on a small pot.
@poprocks Hey did you get washed out in the mud slides any? All those fires and now a wet spring. Hope you're well.
@packerfan Hows it going on the home front didn't you just cut a load of clones? Hope that works out soon and you get out of limbo.
@fiddy those buds look very kine what makes the color? does the color fade with the cure?
Try to be good as its Holy Week or if that fails make sure no ones watching.:tiphat:

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
you are right about the meat slicer being one of those kitchen gadgets that you only use every once in a while
as much as i would like to get one, it would probably just gather dust
that is a brilliant idea,my man about the "cheater pastrami"
tho i would hardly call that cheater by any means,all fresh seasoned and smoked meat is top shelf in my book brother
/the mrs has a word for that type cooking where you take some premade and some home made and make great stuff
thick or thin sliced, cut me off some of that
/please pass the mustard
good on ya for holding off your sampling until it has a chance to develop a decent cure
i know what you mean about your smoke having a strong nose and eliciting comments*
thats one of the best parts of smoking fresh
i think the stony components arent as volatile as the smell and taste (or more accurately, the terpenes that account for the smell and taste); just look at dabs
but to a connoisseur, thats half the fun of a fine smoke
hope your week is off to a great start,my man!
its finally starting to warm up here
today was nice but we had a cold wind from the storms we have been having
tomorrow is supposed to get into the 70'
plus i think ive adjusted to the time change and its staying light out pretty late
you keep growing your stink weed brother

*last time me and the mrs went out with some friends to a bar with some weed, some guy instantly starts talking really loud about "g-13" and how its not regular weed. he goes on to tell me about every old wives tale there is about growing weed (including the nugget, "...you boil the plants by their roots to extract the most thc")
i just smile and nod the whole time

packerfan79

Veteran
Hey Tribe
Anyone up for the partycup challenge this time?
I just don't have a big impressive bud that I want to grow. The gogi may throw a totem pole but I only have five regs and don't want to waste one of the few I may get on a small pot.
@poprocks Hey did you get washed out in the mud slides any? All those fires and now a wet spring. Hope you're well.
@packerfan Hows it going on the home front didn't you just cut a load of clones? Hope that works out soon and you get out of limbo.
@fiddy those buds look very kine what makes the color? does the color fade with the cure?
Try to be good as its Holy Week or if that fails make sure no ones watching.:tiphat:

Hey Rodehazard, I was 6 days into flower when I got the 60 day notice. I have to move the shed, and that requires a lot of work. I wound up giving all my plants to my buddy. Him and his friend are going to light dep them. So I lost out on that which really sucks.

On a brighter note, we are pretty sure we found a nice house to rent. I won't be running 4k any more. I have a 4x4x8 cab that i ran before. That has produced 2 pound's a run before. I have to go Saturday and fill out paperwork. I have great rental references, so I should be good. Fingers crossed. I really like the house it has a big family room for a play/game room. It's got a nice wood stove. Grass in the front, which is rare here.

packerfan79

Veteran
you are right about the meat slicer being one of those kitchen gadgets that you only use every once in a while
as much as i would like to get one, it would probably just gather dust
that is a brilliant idea,my man about the "cheater pastrami"
tho i would hardly call that cheater by any means,all fresh seasoned and smoked meat is top shelf in my book brother
/the mrs has a word for that type cooking where you take some premade and some home made and make great stuff
thick of thin, cut me off some of that
/please pass the mustard
good on ya for holding off your sampling until it has a chance to develop a decent cure
i know what you mean about your smoke having a strong nose and eliciting comments*
thats one of the best parts of smoking fresh
i think the stony components arent as volatile as the smell and taste (or more accurately, the terpenes that account for the smell and taste); just look at dabs
but to a connoisseur, thats half the fun of a fine smoke
hope your week is off to a great start,my man!
its finally starting to warm up here
today was nice but we had a cold wind from the storms we have been having
tomorrow is supposed to get into the 70'
plus i think ive adjusted to the time change and its staying light out pretty late
you keep growing your stink weed brother

*last time me and the mrs went out with some friends to a bar with some weed, some guy instantly starts talking really loud about "g-13" and how its not regular weed. he goes on to tell me about every old wives tale there is about growing weed (including the nugget, "...you boil the plants by their roots to extract the most thc")
i just smile and nod the whole time

That's hilarious Pop Rocks, I had a guy tell me to stick needles through the base of the stem. Another guy talks about some weird flower like a rose that comes out of the top bud, sounds like a crazy hermi. G-13 is old shit. That shit has been around for 15 years. Stoner myths, put a gold fish in the bottom of the pot.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
i guess when you have been around a long time you hear them all, eh p'fan?
great news about finding a new place
even if you have to downsize the grow, it sounds like its a good fit for the family
/large family room, wood stove and grass yard ftw!
best of luck,my man!

Rodehazrd

I had a guy tell me if you put a bucket of dry ice in there it will double the size overnight. Someone should try that

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
I had a guy tell me if you put a bucket of dry ice in there it will double the size overnight. Someone should try that

this one may actually have some merit, friend
while it wont double the size of a plant overnight its probably not that far off as far as being good for the garden
dry ice is actually a form of c02 and plants love it
its also a very expensive and there are cheaper ways of bringing c02 into your environment

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
the indica a few days before harvest

picture.php

View image in gallery

i was not able to get any photos the day we cut
the mrs was leaving on sunday so we were on a tight schedule to get the plants down and trimmed
they smelled amazing and look great while we trimmed that night
/ the fresh sugar leafs had a taste like pepper and fruity, smell was rot, sweet (berry?) with a touch of heavy

Fiddynut

Good afternoon friends.

@Rodehazrd. Thank you for the compliment on the buds. They were a bit more pretty this run with more of that purple hue. Unfortunately it seems to be fading away during the dry and isn't very noticeable now. But I think they are going to smoke well anyway LOL.

@pop_rocks. If you have the storage and can find a great deal then it might make sense to get the slicer, otherwise there are plenty of nice gadgets you would probably use more often. The pastrami turned out ok but still too salty. I should have soaked it another 24 hour and changed the water a couple more times. Next time I'll do one from scratch and post up pics and the recipe for y'all. That's a great storie about the weed know it all guy at the bar. I think we've all met someone like that. They don't know shit but have to constantly keep talking like they do. It's not always easy to keep a straight face when someone is spouting a bunch of crap. I'm glad your weather is getting better. I'm hoping for some more spring like whether here but so far still cold and not really very nice. Speaking of spring my Milwaukee Brewers start the season in San Diego on Thursday. I'd love to get out there for opening day but not to be this year. I'm not going to the home opener on Monday either but will be getting to the park in the next couple weeks for a game. That plant looks great pop, nice fade and some nice purple to her. I hope she cures out to be flavorful and potent for you.

@Packerfan. I'm glad things are looking up for you and your family. Sounds like a nice place, I wish I had a wood stove in my house. Grass yards are great but around here they need cutting once a week and even more in the spring, I'm hoping with your dry climate it won't take a lot of work to keep up with.

Latest posts

Latest posts