What's new

How is the Female Seeds C99?

Eol

Hey guys, I'm just wondering if anyone could tell me what these are like. They'd be perfect for my micro stealth situation, however I'm wondering what the genetics are like.

I'm 90% sure I read on their website that 10 different parents were used in the making of the seeds. I'm not too knowledgeable on the subject, but I'm pretty sure that's gonna lead to a heck of a lot of variation! However, the piece of text that said this has since disappeared, so I may will be wrong/imagining it.

Can anyone comment as to the legitimacy of these C99 seeds?

Thanks!

I

Iron_Lion

I cant speak for Female Seeds C99 but I am pretty sure C99 in general is considered a true breeding strain. With pheno's falling to either grapefruit or pineapple in smell and all of the ones I have seen around here have all looked pretty much the same. It's going to be hard to find info on FMS C99 because it has been years since it's last release and it's probly not the same genetically as it was last time it was released.

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
I'm pretty sure they are the best option available around... having in mind that Reefermans and the others are crossed crap.

Check this out:

There were only 2 vendors who sold the Original Brothers Grimm C99.....myself and RC at Heaven's Stairway....

....I ran out of the Originals (except a few packs in my personal stash)....and had F2's made back in 03.....around 18,000 of those got stolen from me by a previous employee....and were sold on to another vendor who renamed them and sold them as something else....

.....and just last year Dutchgrown was commissioned to make some more F2's from the remaining original stock....you can still get some of these from www.seedboutique.com and on seedbay...

....so if you didn't get those C99's from RC or myself....they can't be originals, possibly f2's....or something else maybe....you would have to grow them to know them..

...Ferry the breeder at Female Seeds was commissioned to make the GN03 C99 F2's......I supplied him with BG Original C99 stock to do this.....so I pretty sure that what he will release will be a very good representation of C99....

And in my very own opinion, one of the cheapest and easiest ways to have a close representation of a C99 until this year was growing the Female Seeds GRAPEFRUIT, plants were so homogeneous and consistent, very special leaves. Now we can get their pure C99 also at a great price. Nuff said! :)

P.S: I've never tried Mosca C99 nor do I know where they come from or how legit they are but people seem to be happy with the results too.

:tiphat:

Last edited:

Eol

Iron_Lion, that's true dude - I was kind of hoping someone would have some insider information or similar ;)

Mustafunk, that's some great information, thanks a lot man! Yeah that grapefruit does look tasty, aren't there two C99 phenos, pineapple and grapefruit, with the latter being the most desirable? I wonder if grapefruit might be a better option in that case!

To everyone else, thanks for the suggestions for Mosca, but it's the feminized aspect of the female seeds line that is key for me. For a stealth micro grower, C99 is pretty ideal (low odour, fast flowering time etc), but feminized as well is pretty much perfection! Don't have to mess about with multiple plants to find a female =)

So the genetics of the female seeds C99 are pure, the only thing left is whether they are stable in terms of herming. Do female seeds have a good pedigree in that respect?

Thanks again, +rep to you all =)

F. Dupp

Veteran
I had an FMS C99 hybrid that hermed pretty bad. It was the only plant in my garden that did. Not just nanners. Balls.

johnny c

Hey guys, I'm just wondering if anyone could tell me what these are like. They'd be perfect for my micro stealth situation, however I'm wondering what the genetics are like.

I'm 90% sure I read on their website that 10 different parents were used in the making of the seeds. I'm not too knowledgeable on the subject, but I'm pretty sure that's gonna lead to a heck of a lot of variation! However, the piece of text that said this has since disappeared, so I may will be wrong/imagining it.

Can anyone comment as to the legitimacy of these C99 seeds?

Thanks!

c99 x fruity sativa, there is two pheonos .1 is a c99 to the tee and another shorter one with wider leaves mate.[10 weeks for the most bud
they are a1 in my opinion. i have had g13 haze,oceans eleven,shunk haze and a few other sativas,these wer the best by far,only one to beat them in my opinion was nevilles haze but who wants the wait:dance013:

Hamburglar

I grew out 3 FMS Grapefruit, and 6 Mosca C99 females (from reg stock) and I have to say that without a doubt the Mosca C99 kicked the Grapefruit's ass in EVERY SINGLE WAY;

Bud density, growth rate, smell in flower, strength of stems, overall yield, bag appeal, cured smell AND high.

I have not grown Gypsy's C99 nor the Bros Grim stock, however from what I have read and fantasised about regarding Cinderella, Mosca's is bang on the ball. Everything I have been wanting from this strain, I have gotten and then some.

S

Scrappy-doo

You're lucky PizzaMan. That's one of the next on my list. Although I might like the F2's more. 2 kinds of C-99 is better than one, no?

From one pizza man to another, pineapple is great. I got some cheese too that's a nice combo all I need is a nice pork smelling plant and I got me a hawaiian pie.

prune

Veteran
Been running original BG C-99 all these years, the mother chosen from a mix of both HS and GN stock, and it is both grapefruit (up to 7th week) and (rotten) pineapple from 8 weeks on. It's stronger than most people can handle, puking and a lot of pcp accusations if you're not careful - very much the Grail of legend...

I've been viewing the f2 pics all these years, and none have really matched what i pulled from those very consistent packs i worked, but this latest offering does sound interesting.

Freakazoid44

I just sprouted 3 out of 6 C99 seeds from the GN03 F2 batch (yeah, I've been out of commission for a while. Just thrilled that 7 year old seeds were still viable). I'm hoping one or two of the remaining three will pop as well.

Once I grow and clone, I'm going to try and created selfed/feminized seeds to keep myself going. I'll post some threads when I see how all my efforts turn out.

moonwalker

Got a pack of 10 going. Germ rate 10. they're 3 weeks old and very uniform, healthy, and with good vigor. Gonna switch to flower in a week or two.

Eol

Hey guys,

Been a few months now, can anyone report as to the quality of the latest batch of female seeds's c99 yet?

I've found somewhere where they are still in stock so debating whether to get them or not!

Any info is much appreciated - thanks!

señorsloth

Veteran
I would like to know as well! I'm ordering c99, and skunk special from female seeds later today and would also like to know how they are doing lately. i did a search and read over 100+ threads about my two strains, EVERY SINGLE THREAD that my search function would bring up about both strains.

to be honest i am really surprised with the reputation that female seeds has! i tried a bunch of the "bargain brand strains" from another company long ago and wasn't overly impressed with the strains. i mean they were decent strains but they didn't really compare to the strains they were supposedly copying.

for me, a big draw to growing my own is that i get to try all of these famous strains...the best strains grown in the best ways, that's just not possible if you don't grow, no matter how good your dealer is you almost always have reason to doubt the legitimacy of the stain being sold, and whether it's been grown to its peak,IMO which street weed never is...im excited about female seeds c99 because it's an f2 of the original strain but is actually affordable...and after reading 46 threads about skunk special it looks like it will be a good strain for heavy yields.

some people are charging 150+ dollars for an f2 c99 strain, personally that seems just wrong, because of the huge amount of variation that happens with f2's you will probably need to go through more seeds to get that exact phenotype you are looking for. After paying 180 for a strain grown by a breeder on this site, to be completely disappointed in the breeding quality, I'll never pay that much for hype again. there are many many breeders doing much better work for much much cheaper, Female Seeds seems to be one of them. i have yet to read a bad review on any of the strains I've researched from them, nor any on the company itself which is very refreshing to say the least!

there were a few claims of hermies in their strains but as usual with most strains it always seems to be the newbe making the claims, leading me to believe they probably stressed their plants way too much, reckless topping, light leaks, nutrient deficiencies...i have decided to completely disregard all those claims as not a single one came from a credible member of the site...