Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Grow Diaries > Click here for Afropip Durban Poison, and GN Thai Stick or don't. I dont care.

Thread Title Search
Click for great deals at MB Ferts
Click here for Afropip Durban Poison, and GN Thai Stick or don't. I dont care. Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-14-2015, 02:55 PM #31
bringyalungs

at 19 days all those roots.... insane....

Old 06-14-2015, 03:02 PM #32
CoCoSativas
Banned

CoCoSativas has much to be proud ofCoCoSativas has much to be proud ofCoCoSativas has much to be proud ofCoCoSativas has much to be proud ofCoCoSativas has much to be proud ofCoCoSativas has much to be proud ofCoCoSativas has much to be proud ofCoCoSativas has much to be proud ofCoCoSativas has much to be proud ofCoCoSativas has much to be proud ofCoCoSativas has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Coulier View Post
Once upon a time long ago, I purchased some Afropips Durban Poison and threw them in the freezer saying Ill get to them someday, and after much procrastinating, that day has finally came. Well for half of them. I planted 10 of 20 with the next batch to go into the media soon.

To go along with the Durban Poison, I planted my remaining GN Thai Stick seeds. I believe it was 8 seeds. Six of them have broken the surface so far. The other two rotted :( Better than the DP atm, which 4/10 have came up since being sowed on the 23rd of may. The remaining 6 are duds too. I hope my remaining ten perform better.

Im crazy for taking on so many pure sativas at once, but Ive a few tricks up my sleeves to tame them and make them manageable. I hope...

View Image

If you've never watched that show, you're missing out. Its the perfect show for a stoner, or anyone that just wants to laugh.

Im going to post up some pertinent info such as media, nutrients, lights, etc later on, but for now Ill give you guys and gals some nice pics of seedlings to look at for now.

Day 1 GN Thai Stick:

View Image

Time Warp ahead to Day 12

View Image

View Image

View Image

There are lots more Thai picks in my album as well. Ive hit my limit it seems on pics for this post. Durban Poison picks to come when I have more time. Im such a tease..

P.S. Thanks for clicking on the link.
Cool thread bro. I dig the aativas. I like pure sativas, stiva dom hybrids. Also have little use for indicas. Fucking dirty little thimgs...

Haha looks liken someones got a legit timewarp clone. Lucky dog... I wish i could lay my hands on one atm since i lost mine. Thats ok ill be able to get one soon, a certain bc breeder on here will likely be able to help me out
CoCoSativas is offline Quote

Old 06-14-2015, 03:16 PM #33
Dave Coulier

Dave Coulier has much to be proud ofDave Coulier has much to be proud ofDave Coulier has much to be proud ofDave Coulier has much to be proud ofDave Coulier has much to be proud ofDave Coulier has much to be proud ofDave Coulier has much to be proud ofDave Coulier has much to be proud ofDave Coulier has much to be proud ofDave Coulier has much to be proud ofDave Coulier has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonecutter View Post
This thread is great for me. I have some GN Thai and some Afropips Nigerian in the freezer that I am procrastinating on. I hope to learn from you and then "monkey see; monkey do".

Best of luck
Im glad you're enjoying it so far Stonecutter. There's much more to look forward to. Afropips Nigerian is one line I could never get my hands on before Afropips went out of business. You're a lucky guy. Definitely grow them out some time and make sure to preserve them.

Dont procrastinate too long on those seeds. Im really bad for that myself. Journals help keep you motivated. If you ever do a journal for your thai and Nigerian please post a link.

Its nice to know there are more posters out there with Afropips Genetics in their freezer. I would have never known about those of you holding onto Senegal Haze, Nigerian, MG, etc. Hope you all can start them someday soon.
Dave Coulier is offline Quote

Old 06-14-2015, 03:30 PM #34
Dave Coulier

Dave Coulier has much to be proud ofDave Coulier has much to be proud ofDave Coulier has much to be proud ofDave Coulier has much to be proud ofDave Coulier has much to be proud ofDave Coulier has much to be proud ofDave Coulier has much to be proud ofDave Coulier has much to be proud ofDave Coulier has much to be proud ofDave Coulier has much to be proud ofDave Coulier has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mesosphere View Post
at 19 days all those roots.... insane....
I was surprised at how many roots there were too. It was a nice treat when I pulled the Thai out of the container. The largest DP has a root mass just like that one too.

Ive transplanted all the largest plants except the 3 smallest DP. They should see a nice surge in growth now that they'll have a bit more room to stretch their legs.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-14-2015, 04:03 PM #35
CannaBossFarms

CannaBossFarms has a spectacular aura aboutCannaBossFarms has a spectacular aura aboutCannaBossFarms has a spectacular aura about
Sativa Lover her too
Subscribed for searching for the holy grail
CannaBossFarms is offline Quote

Old 06-14-2015, 06:54 PM #36
Bob Green

Sup Dave,

Great taste in genetics sir. I have an indica med selection going on, then after that I want to pop some Senegal Haze. I'll be checking in on your grow for sure!

Old 06-14-2015, 11:02 PM #37
Dave Coulier

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoCoSativas View Post
Cool thread bro. I dig the Sativas. I like pure sativas, stiva dom hybrids. Also have little use for indicas. Fucking dirty little thiNgs...

Haha looks liken someones got a legit timewarp clone. Lucky dog... I wish i could lay my hands on one atm since i lost mine. Thats ok ill be able to get one soon, a certain bc breeder on here will likely be able to help me out
Welcome CocoSativas. I hope you enjoy your stay. There will be plenty of sativa pics in the future of this thread, with nary an indica in sight.

Are we talking Texada Timewarp? I had an interest in that one long ago from Next Generation Seeds, but I didn't ever go through with acquiring any seeds. Enjoy your timewarp if the breeder can help. Hope it is stellar!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CannaBossFarms View Post
Sativa Lover her too
Subscribed for searching for the holy grail
Thanks for joining my search CannaBossFarm. With everyones collective praying and wishing maybe I can come through with something here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
Sup Dave,

Great taste in genetics sir. I have an indica med selection going on, then after that I want to pop some Senegal Haze. I'll be checking in on your grow for sure!
Welcome aboard Bob G. Nice to see you in here. Best of luck on finding your medication. Sometimes I wish I had a good indica for my aches and pains, but a good sativa can completely make me forget about my aches and pains all together as well. Sadly, they're not so good for sleeping.

Please do a grow report for the Senegal Haze. Ill warn you now, they are extremely vigorous just like the GN Thai. Get ready for training them. They also have the most amazing exotic perfume scent to the buds. Truly unlike anything else Ive ever smelled. You'll love it no doubt. Best of luck with them.

Old 06-14-2015, 11:06 PM #38
sdd420

sdd420 is a name known to allsdd420 is a name known to allsdd420 is a name known to allsdd420 is a name known to allsdd420 is a name known to allsdd420 is a name known to allsdd420 is a name known to allsdd420 is a name known to allsdd420 is a name known to allsdd420 is a name known to allsdd420 is a name known to all
sdd420 has completed 5 grow reports. Click to see my Grow Reports
I subscribed and I don't care

dont count the days make the days count
Legal medical patient

_________
“Make the most you can of the Indian hemp seed and sow it everywhere.” – George Washington
"Some of my finest hours have been spent on my back veranda, smoking hemp and observing as far as my eye can see." - Thomas Jefferson
"Two of my favorite things are sitting on my front porch smoking a pipe of sweet hemp, and playing my Hohner harmonica.” – Abraham Lincoln
sdd420 is offline Quote

Old 06-15-2015, 02:37 AM #39
Dave Coulier

Media Mix Update

As I stated previously were using 85% Promix BX w/ Biofungicide, 15% Calcined DE, and 5gr/gallon of Osmocote 15-9-12 5-6 month release, and a spinkling of Rootshield Plus, but now Ive decided to start using some of the bio-char I bought.

I intended doing some side by side trials before using it, but screw it. Its going right into the mix. I only used half a cup of it in 6 gallons of media. It was kinda an afterthought. Normally I would use 3-5%. Its a good idea to precharge it with wsf or compost/ewc tea before use otherwise you could get Nitrogen draw-down. The presoaking and osmocote constantly replenishing the soil solution should make it a moot concern.

Ive got some pics of my media being prepared. Ill get pics of the plants in the new mix soon for you all. Strapped for time atm.

Consider this post, Step 1 of of growing amazing rootballs, that all your grower friends will be envious of.

Everything prepared to get soaked.

Wetted down and mixed in.

Osmocote added @ 5gr/gallon of media.

Osmocote incorporated into media.

Next up is watering. So simple, yet so difficult at the same time. More to come in the future.

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-15-2015, 02:44 AM #40
Bob Green

Thanks for the info Dave. I will do by best to do them justice.

I do have one Thai x Carrot, and a Mango Haze hybrid going at the moment as far as the sativas are concerned. Looking forward to seeing what I will find for sure.

But the African project is soon after this round of sexing and selection. Hopefully I will have a nicer space to work with by early 2016. I don't want to be to hasty with the Senegal and will wait for the right space and opportunity. Eventually I want to cross Zamaldellica and the Senegal.

Did you find any stable males when you ran the Senegal Haze? The seeds I have are at F2, and I would like to bring them to am F3 generation. I only have ten to work with but its worth a shot.

I will pay attention to your Gypsie Thai for advice on training tips.