What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Marijuana industry brought to a standstill by new pesticide testing regulations

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
So your real question is whether everyone in this thread feels you are "right" yet ? Because no matter where this discussion goes you just want to twist it around so you somehow feel " right" ... good luck :) Im not sure what your trying to prove ... are you somehow trying to be the one that gets the whole market on the straight and narrow.. because believe me its sorting itself out as we go and the cream as always will come to the top. Which just for the record was all going on before the "legalization" vote. Pretty sure no matter how we get there we will always have some that try to "get away" with doing things the easy way. Just as with every other commodity in the world . Gawd Im not even sure why I bothered to take the time to answer you ... you are just going to twist shit around and go on and on like some "manifesto" that somehow validates you to yourself. At any rate im done with this now. Please dont feel like you need to respond as ive really had enough of your twisting.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
the ignore user feature is really nice for trolls. i only have 5 people on my blocked list after eight years on these forums.

Ready4

Veteran
LOL They are just fools at the State level. What will happen is that people will contact their sources from when before it was legal.

There will be a market for private sellers for many years. BS rules like the pesticide rules & government greed for $$$ will guarantee that. Store MJ will be/is top dollar for 2nd rate bud ( at best most times)

maxmurder

Veteran
Ready4;7730755BS rules like the pesticide rules & government greed for $$$ will guarantee that. Store MJ will be/is top dollar for 2nd rate bud ( at best most times)[/QUOTE said:
i was in town today and was talking to a guy getting into legal market, he says that ca will soon have new limits for pesticide testing and are going to be in parts per billion now instead of parts per million.
so if your mom's were ever sprayed with eagle 20 etc it will test positive with ppb when it doesn't when using ppm.

R

Robrites

LOL They are just fools at the State level. What will happen is that people will contact their sources from when before it was legal.

There will be a market for private sellers for many years. BS rules like the pesticide rules & government greed for $$$ will guarantee that. Store MJ will be/is top dollar for 2nd rate bud ( at best most times)
Private Sellers Deliver.
Dispensaries Usually Don't.

BlindDate

Veteran
It amazes me that the "industry" in their desperate drive for legitimacy has accepted all forms of tax and regulation. Even begging for it! All for a product that will end up worth nothing more than a tomato. They push for legalization to promote sales and forget that it was the scarcity and fear of punishment that kept them in the money. Once California gets rolling prices will cut to the point where a bud seller is nothing other than a liquor store owner. Did you get into this to become a liquor store owner?
Even worse, I can't make Johnny Walker Black but anyone can grow weed.

DocTim420

The Doctor is OUT and has moved on...
Yep! Its confirmed, Bomb has been making noise from the wrong body orifice. He changes his position as he talks...zero credibility in my book.

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran
You and Babba better prove your claims (which you won't because you can't) instead of just throwing personal attacks and accusations unrelated to the thread's subject.

So far your "arguments" have been:

1. You don't know what you are talking about.

2. You are twisting things

3. You have a big ego

4. You change your position.

5. You are a troll.

Yet, my position has been expressed with no childish personal attacks and is the same from my first post in the thread to my last.

You guys have failed to answer questions, such as:

Do you think OR, CA and CO would be the cannabis growing areas they are today if it was not for prohibition? Wouldn't better suited climates for herb be the centers if cannabis would have never been prohibited?

Do other crops get grown in less than ideal climates?

Didn't the Dutch used to boast of having the best weed thinking they had the best climate for it only because of their cannabis tolerance approach?

Can you answer without resorting to mere "you are twisting things"?

Moreover, in a world without prohibition, would you invest to grow cannabis in pathogen free outdoor environments and latitudes with minimal worry or in climates that need high tech environmental controls?

And finally: only noobs spray poison on their herb. Or people who don't care about anything but $$$.

PDX Dopesmoker

Do you think OR, CA and CO would be the cannabis growing areas they are today if it was not for prohibition?

Very likely, California and Oregon combine to make one of the world's most productive agricultural regions. The climate is magical, we get rain and snow all winter so there is plenty of water available for growing during the sunny, dry summers. The terrain provides a near infinite variety of microclimates ranging from rainforest to desert. I doubt there is a pot plant out there which can't be grown well outdoors somewhere on the US west coast.

DocTim420

The Doctor is OUT and has moved on...
Bomb,

Obviously everything you posted in this thread have been your opinions (as you have produced zero facts), and as a rule I respect one's opinion--but you know...sometimes, there are exceptions.

So, to provide you a path to redeem yourself--then please answer this question: Where IS the best region on planet Earth to grow cannabis? And why (with supporting facts--not opinion please).

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Cannabis can grow in latitudes as far north as Siberia, and as far south as South Georgia Island.

That's not to say that ALL cannabis varieties will grow well so far north or south.
A high mountain indica will not grow well in a tropical/humid environment, so basically it depends on the grower choosing the right variety to grow well in the outdoor environment.

California and Oregon share a coast that runs for 1200 miles, north to south, with many higher altitude areas that have good fertile soils. I can't think of a cannabis variety that wouldn't do well, if grown properly in California. Even tropical sativas should grow well in the more southerly areas of California.

Z

z-ro

Some people ask questions in this thread that would get them the title of Mr. Leo back in the day...

"Do you grow illegal substances?, how much? What's your experience" etc...

What does that have to do with the subject at hand?

The subject is = if you spray eagle 20, you are out of the game. If you don't learn how to grow without it, you either retire or invest in educating yourself and in making your environment better.

These regulations will just end up producing better growers, by forcing some to get better at it and forcing the unwilling to retire.

You are a lunatic and can go fuck yourself!

Storm Shadow

Veteran
Highest mountain peak in Maui... with a nice hole in the Ozone Layer... UVB Death Rays from the Cosmos to make your Mind Melt ..

My dream place to grow that God Ki

huligun

Professor Organic Psychology
Veteran
I know that not only does California have a nice climate for growing weed, as they grow a lot of other shit down there besides weed, but there are multiple generations of people growing multiple generations various hybrids there. For as much as I know, California is the center of the weed world and always has been. Lots of movies, stories and so on. Look at the movie Blow (based on a true story). East coast guys move to SoCal in the 60s, start smoking weed and then start moving it to the east coast for a huge profit. That is what I remember and know as well. I cannot imagine anyone in the world having trouble getting good stuff there whether you are a priest or a cop.

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
It might seem that way, but there's been decades of growing in the midwest too. Michigan, Indiana, Kentucky, Ohio, especially the region called the Ohio River Valley.

Indiana growers discovered/developed Bubblegum. And there's been good indoor in the midwest for twenty years now. But these states have 1950's drug laws, so everything's done quietly.

And you really can't believe the baloney about drug culture that's in most movies.

I can't take anything away from California cannabis culture, but it's not the only place it's happening.

mojave green

rockin in the free world
Veteran
Cannabis can grow in latitudes as far north as Siberia, and as far south as South Georgia Island.

That's not to say that ALL cannabis varieties will grow well so far north or south.
A high mountain indica will not grow well in a tropical/humid environment, so basically it depends on the grower choosing the right variety to grow well in the outdoor environment.

California and Oregon share a coast that runs for 1200 miles, north to south, with many higher altitude areas that have good fertile soils. I can't think of a cannabis variety that wouldn't do well, if grown properly in California. Even tropical sativas should grow well in the more southerly areas of California.
Well, the Mojave can be a bit brutal on plants!
:biggrin:

MileHighGlass

Read the book, "when money grew on trees." It's about my homeland and it will show you that people have been growing weed in that area for a very long time. Bootleggers turned to herb growing in Arkansas, Kentucky, Tennessee, etc... They have wonderful climates for growing herb, and multi-generations of growing families.

The climate in Arkansas allows for growth of long season sativas which satisfies the hippy pallet in the area. :)

Different regions have different things to offer the agriculture community. To say one area is better than another shows lack of knowledge in agriculture.

I hope this pesticide rule trickles down to our food at some point.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Where IS the best region on planet Earth to grow cannabis? And why (with supporting facts--not opinion please).

there IS no "one best place". there are HUNDREDS of GREAT places, depending on the strain you are talking about. California, due to its numerous & varied climates, IS a great state to grow in...well, if you ignore the fires, droughts, etc. but it is not the end-all or be-all folks make it out to be. killer weed grows anywhere a good grower puts his plants...the very best i have ever had came from Alaska, North Carolina, Kentucky, & some old farmers that lived near Crossville TN...:woohoo: and yes, i have smoked some damn fine weed from the left coast, too.:thank you: