What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Test grow: C5 x KC, HPH x KC, NH x Pan, Zam x Pan + Thai chi

Mountainkush

Nhxpan
Thought I was doing better with this girl but I just seem to be bouncing back and forth between overfeeding and underfeeding and can’t find a happy medium. Been trying to read up more on coco coir when I’ve had the time but not with much success. This one really deserves a do over but I hope I can save her.

Noticing now, seeing the pics, how bad she got over the last week. These pics are from 7 weeks which was a week ago. Took forever to find the time to post. Anyway, with the low feeding I started getting a potassium deficiency or lockout, not sure which because it’s at the top of the tallest colas. Makes me wonder more if it’s from environmental issues instead of nutrition. Might be too hot, dry and windy.

The actual flowers look great and have lots of resin. Smells amazing too with a bit of lemon with some sweetness to it that really differs from the ZamxPan lemon.
picture.php

And some bottom buds
picture.php

deepwaterdude

They're looking really good despite whatever may be going on. I love the way the Neville's x panama is developing. It's usually at this point in flower that I tend to get problems, too. I'd say try dialing back the nutes to half strength maximum and be vigilant about pH and temps, not much else you can do. Measure pH of runoff, too, to see where the medium itself is at. Worst thing I can do at this point is hit them with more of whatever I think they need. Maybe a little flusheroo will be necessary;)

Mountainkush

They're looking really good despite whatever may be going on. I love the way the Neville's x panama is developing. It's usually at this point in flower that I tend to get problems, too. I'd say try dialing back the nutes to half strength maximum and be vigilant about pH and temps, not much else you can do. Measure pH of runoff, too, to see where the medium itself is at. Worst thing I can do at this point is hit them with more of whatever I think they need. Maybe a little flusheroo will be necessary;)

Thanks deep
I was feeding low strength after I over fed her and things where looking up with the newer growth being lighter green and even the older fans where finally starting to get lighter and look more healthy then very fast the top leaves started yellowing and getting crispy.
I did add some extra P/K since the canna coco a&b doesn’t have much in it especially feeding so low like I am. I’ll see if it helps or hurts thing at the very least.
I’ve had some success with coco over the past year with a few problems here and there but nothing like this run. Maybe I just got lucky the first few runs or maybe these girls are just picky and my lack of knowledge is showing more. Hard to say.

Mountainkush

C5xKc
Some weird growth on this one. A few colas look like the top pic and a few developed these different clusters on top like the bottom pic.
New pistils have slowed and she hasn’t been reflowering as much as the hph. Not much of a scent compared to the hph either.
picture.php

picture.php

HphxKc
Love the resin on this girl and she has a wonderful sour slightly skunky scent.
picture.php

picture.php

Mountainkush

ZamxPan
Having some similar issues here as with the Nhxpan now. They are on different feedings but I backed off the EC on this one as well because I burned the tips a bit.
I have to keep telling myself it’s just a plant and not the end of the world. If I say it enough I might just start to believe it lol.
On a happier note, I can’t keep my nose off of this one. The lemon coming from her is absolutely intoxicating.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

deepwaterdude

Hmmm... Maybe the C5 x and the hph x are just finishing on kali china time, hard to tell. The other possibility, something I've done a handful of times at least, is that the added pk starts to close them out instead of stimulating more flowering.
The zamaldelica x panama is looking stellar!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Mountainkush,

Sorry for not chime in earlier. It's a pitty to see all the trouble you have had to deal with the feeding of this cycle, yet the flowers look quite well developed. I think you have had both: overfeeding (burn tips, side of Thai Chi leaves curling upwards: sign of PK overfeeding) and some kind of nutrient blockout as well that produced some deficiencies.

I would check out in detail the ph and ec of your tap water and the coco you use before starting next cycle.

Nonetheless, i've been enjoying a lot following your progresses with the new strains :) Thank you very much MountainKush for your motivation and efforts in exploring these new ACE hybrids, there's huge potential on these genetic combinations and i hope despite the feeding problems you enjoy with the outcome of your well deserved flowers.

Happy New Year and Best Wishes for 2020! :huggg:

Mountainkush

10 weeks
ZamxPan
Flowering has slowed down at this point and a few bananas have popped out in some of the last reflowers so I’ve been picking them off and flushing. My Zamaldelica did the same thing last year but was worth the hassle because it was amazing to smoke. Hoping this will be as well. Still has a wonderful lemon scent that has weakened a bit since mid flower and has some other notes in the background that are hard to describe.
picture.php

picture.php

Nhxpan
Managed to get this one through a couple more weeks and she’s looking a much better shade of green now and the other issues haven’t gotten any worse so fingers crossed that she keeps trucking along.
Really nice resin on this girl and again a lovely sweet lemon scent, just different from the ZamxPan, with some really complex terps in the background that keep changing.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Mountainkush

10 weeks
HphxKc
Still slowing throwing pistils at the top but lower buds are finished. Has been on a low feed to help flush out salts and is on plain water now.
Has some awesome resin and is probably the loudest smelling in the tent with its sour skunky funk.
picture.php

picture.php

C5xKc
10 weeks, 2 days
This ones not as strong smelling and just has a light Kalichina scent that reminds me of my Thai Chi a bit. Cut her down New Year’s Day after the last white pistil withered
Probably could of chopped her down at 8.5-9 weeks but wanted more time to flush. Ended up with 4 double branches like this one
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Mountainkush

Hmmm... Maybe the C5 x and the hph x are just finishing on kali china time, hard to tell. The other possibility, something I've done a handful of times at least, is that the added pk starts to close them out instead of stimulating more flowering.
The zamaldelica x panama is looking stellar!

Thanks. Very excited to try the ZamxPan
The C5 was probably ready around 9 weeks but the HphxKc is looking more like 12 weeks. I didn’t give them much extra pk. Just a little because my base feed doesn’t have much in it. I thought maybe too much nitrogen since it almost looked like it was starting to reveg but I don’t really know.

Mountainkush

Hi Mountainkush,

Sorry for not chime in earlier. It's a pitty to see all the trouble you have had to deal with the feeding of this cycle, yet the flowers look quite well developed. I think you have had both: overfeeding (burn tips, side of Thai Chi leaves curling upwards: sign of PK overfeeding) and some kind of nutrient blockout as well that produced some deficiencies.

I would check out in detail the ph and ec of your tap water and the coco you use before starting next cycle.

Nonetheless, i've been enjoying a lot following your progresses with the new strains :) Thank you very much MountainKush for your motivation and efforts in exploring these new ACE hybrids, there's huge potential on these genetic combinations and i hope despite the feeding problems you enjoy with the outcome of your well deserved flowers.

Happy New Year and Best Wishes for 2020! :huggg:

Happy new year Dubi,

Had some issues along the way but managed to keep everything going at least.
Thanks again for these seeds. Can’t wait to try them each out again in the spring and hopefully do a much better job.
I realized some of my issues with my feed and water which should help going forward.
Gonna go back to the original brand of coco I was using too from now on.
Despite the problems I’m still just as excited to try these girls out when they’re done. The HphxKc really has my attention.

Mountainkush

ZamxPan 11 weeks
Gonna chop this one at 11 weeks and 2 days tomorrow.
Very complex terps on this lady but still mostly lemon and has been turning purple on the leaves and calyx. Can’t wait to get a better idea of how she smells once in jars and really excited to test it out as I haven’t taken any samples.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

One with my flash on hanging out with my HphxKc
picture.php

Mountainkush

HphxKc 11 weeks
The resin is incredible on this one but unfortunately doesn’t show up well in the pictures. Dark purple almost black fan leaves and mostly purple calyx as well. Very pretty other than some leaves that got deficient. It still has the same sour skunk smell to it.
Can’t wait to try this one out too but will probably give it the rest of the week to finish up it’s last reflowering on the top colas.
picture.php

Flash helps show the resin a bit better
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Another flash pic with small flower from my Nhxpan
picture.php

Mountainkush

HPH/KC looks sweet!
Thanks for the show, much appreciated!

Thanks Sammy,
And thank you for keeping these old school genetics alive and sharing them. Haven’t even smoked any yet and I already can’t wait to see what else I can find with these seeds.

Mountainkush

Nhxpan 11 weeks
Very excited for this girl now that she’s doing better. Was worried for a while that I messed up too bad but she’s finishing up nicely now. Lots of resin and some pretty large colas that smell like mango lemonade now.
Most of the pistils have died off over the last few days on the bottom and middle of the colas but still has new ones coming out at the top. Probably not much longer now. Im thinking the 11/13 light schedule is helping these finish a bit faster.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Mountainkush

ZamxPan
This one stayed quite small and manageable, and was topped 4 times.
picture.php

Ended up with 16 of these
picture.php

Now that it’s dry I can hardly notice the lemon as much but it’s still there in the background and has been replaced with a beautiful floral scent that reminds me and my wife of peonies. Really comes through when vaporized. Couldn’t help but try a little bit and the high was fairly strong and really clear. Perfect morning/daytime smoke. Happy, energetic, talkative with no anxiety. We’ll see if the cure changes anything but I love it so far.
picture.php