What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Test grow: C5 x KC, HPH x KC, NH x Pan, Zam x Pan + Thai chi

Mountainkush

Nice show Mountainkush , I'm enjoying it. May I ask are you finding any solid males of the Thai chi , or are they fems?

Thanks right,
The Thai Chi is fem only as far as I know. I only started the one seed and this is my first clone run from the mother I kept. I hope to pop a few more sometime and look for a red one but I’m extremely happy with this one for now.

Mountainkush

C5xKc
She’s starting to look a bit different from the HphxKc now with more narrow colas and not as much resin on the leaves. Still smells about the same with a strong fresh resin scent and a bit of Kalichina spice in the background.
picture.php

picture.php

deepwaterdude

C5xKc
She’s starting to look a bit different from the HphxKc now with more narrow colas and not as much resin on the leaves. Still smells about the same with a strong fresh resin scent and a bit of Kalichina spice in the background.
View Image

View Image

Looks awesome, MK! I think I remember Sammy saying the C5 crosses start to shine late, much like the OTH crosses? In any case, mine's always been a huge stinker, even in veg, yours looks a bit more BLD, a la KC. If so, will have really nice terps when done:peacock:
I'm also getting a sense of how different she turns out with different grow styles; yours look to be fat'uns, ULMW's very lanky, mine and Strong Tree's in the middle somewhere. Syd's was an in between with huge colas in just peripheral light. Nifty:biggrin:

Mountainkush

Thanks dwd
I think I remember him saying that for all of Neville’s haze hybrids, and to let them go as long as possible. I really wasn’t expecting them to stay this small after 7 weeks of veg but they both must of gotten their structure from the Kalichina side. They even ended up the same height with me just adjusting the branches slightly to keep an even canopy. Both are about 30 inches from the top of the pot. No strapping down the branches like the other three in the tent.
It would be cool to see the difference in one of mine grown inside in soil by someone to compare against coco.
I gave 3 different cuts to my neighbour and they didn’t look much like the plants I grew inside.

Mountainkush

6 weeks
Been having some issues with under and over feeding and not much time to figure it all out lately but hopefully things don’t get too bad.
picture.php

picture.php

Mountainkush

Thai Chi
Finishing up quite fast and not the happiest with a lot of leaves tacoing. She did the same thing last time I grew her and not certain if it’s food or environmental or both. I know Kalichina likes cooler temps and mine are at 25-26 with 45-50rh. That’s my first guess as nothing changed with her feeding.
I’ve started lowering her feed this week and can’t imagine it will be very long before I start plain ph’d water.
picture.php

picture.php

Mountainkush

ZamxPan
She a bit dark from being over fed and some slight tip burn but nothing crazy. Still filling out nicely and smelling amazing. The lemon is still in your face but now has some other subtle notes in the background I’m not sure how to describe.
I’m envious of you guys that can pick out all the different complex terps from these ladies.
picture.php

picture.php

SolarLogos

ZamxPan
She a bit dark from being over fed and some slight tip burn but nothing crazy. Still filling out nicely and smelling amazing. The lemon is still in your face but now has some other subtle notes in the background I’m not sure how to describe.
I’m envious of you guys that can pick out all the different complex terps from these ladies.
View Image

View Image
Looking really nice MK, both you and StrongTree are nailing the C5xKC. How are the low temps? The reason I ask is, my zampan is out in my greenhouse where the temps get down to 52 at night and first she turned purple, now she is practically black, leaves and all. I have a zamaldelica that has done the same. It probably wouldn't take too low of a temp to turn your girls darker. Just a thought. Again, nice work:tiphat:
Peace, God bless

Mountainkush

Looking really nice MK, both you and StrongTree are nailing the C5xKC. How are the low temps? The reason I ask is, my zampan is out in my greenhouse where the temps get down to 52 at night and first she turned purple, now she is practically black, leaves and all. I have a zamaldelica that has done the same. It probably wouldn't take too low of a temp to turn your girls darker. Just a thought. Again, nice work:tiphat:
Peace, God bless

Thanks Solar,
My temp never go below 20°c/68°f since they are in my house with heated floors and no way to change the temp for that room without making the bedrooms too cold.
That’s awesome about he purple, I always like a little colour. Not sure why I get so excited to see something other than green.

Mountainkush

C5xKc
Started having more issues with calcium after dropping the calmag and increasing the base feed didn’t help. I need to find a better source for calcium without nitrogen even though the canna coco a&b has plenty(in case this plant just needs extra calcium) or figure out what’s locking it out.
picture.php

Strangely I can’t get much of a scent from this one now. Just a very light fresh, maybe sweet kinda smell. No resin of Kalichina smells at this point.
picture.php

Mountainkush

HpHxKc
Still having some slight deficiency problems with this one as well but doesn’t appear to be slowing her down much. Almost forgot to mention until Solar brought it up. Starting to get a few calyx with some purple on them in a couple places. Will be interesting to what happens.
picture.php

This one still has a strong scent of resin with a skunky background.
picture.php

Mountainkush

Nhxpan
Things started to get bad last week after I thought I was dealing with a deficiency but seems now I was just over feeding this one. After a good flush and dropping the feed down, things stopped getting worse so hoping things get back on track.

picture.php

Starting to get some lemon from the panama lately.
picture.php

deepwaterdude

Ah, yes, slowly slowly... looking great.

Next grow, two big Old Timer's Haze crosses to fill the tent while you enjoy the fruits of your labor;)

Mountainkush

Ah, yes, slowly slowly... looking great.

Next grow, two big Old Timer's Haze crosses to fill the tent while you enjoy the fruits of your labor;)

Hey dwd
Coming along, I just wish life would slow down a bit so I had more time to take care of these ladies. Made some stupid mistakes that bit me in the ass and it’s been hard to get things back on track.

I like your idea, and really want try panama haze and purple haze Malawi. My plan for next grow was to do more evening/bedtime smoke. I have bubba x pck, bubba x hash, snowmoon and red sapphire. And probably start another seed each of the ones I’m growing now. Will have to keep them smaller to fit them in so I’ll probably flower from clone next round.

Last edited:

Mountainkush

My Thai Chi finished up fast and was about ready to cut at 7 weeks. This will go nicely with my (original delicatessen) Lilly cut that flowers in 7-8 weeks.
Took a branch off to test because this was how mature the mother plant from seed was at 10 weeks when I cut it down, and letting the rest go for a bit on plain water to see how it is with a bit more amber and also to try and get at least a bit of fade. Should of backed off the food a bit earlier.
picture.php

Really pretty flowers on this one. Not the biggest yield but that’s been my last concern when I’m growing lately. I guess it’s not bad though for 7 weeks veg which includes rooting time, and 7 weeks flower.
picture.php

picture.php

Mountainkush

ZamxPan
These picks were from 7 weeks and some pistils starting wilting over the last few days. Terps are changing a bit but still lemon of some kind.
picture.php

picture.php

Stuck a cut in a little pot and set it in my bedroom window for something to do. Started flowering pretty quickly at 9 hours daylight. Not sure how well it will do with no drain hole to get run off but it’s starting to get that wonderful lemon smell already.
picture.php

deepwaterdude

The Zampan is already pretty danged frosty, looks like the Panama Goddess. i've had some earthy panamas, and one panama haze that retained only little lemon with big, earthy, tropical fruit smell. Nice health at any rate!

Mountainkush

Thanks deep, that’s cool to hear. Panama was going to be one of the first Ace strain I was gonna try but my wife talked me into trying Tikal first. Absolutely loved it and was gonna grow Tikal x panama along side both panama and another Tikal this winter until Dubi hooked me up with these panama crosses so the pure panama will have to wait a bit.

Had a look at your C5 and looks like it almost done. Nice and frosty with some solid looking buds. Too bad about the mites, glad they didn’t ruin the whole plant on ya

Mines been struggling from an issue I just can’t seem to fix. Seems like every plant this round just isn’t happy with the food. Makes me wonder if it’s the coco or maybe my water.
C5xKc
This is very leafy and probably from too much N. not the strongest scent anymore but has a fresh sweet smell that’s nice.
picture.php

Small bud from the bottom
picture.php

Mountainkush

HphxKc
This one I’m having a similar issues with and seems to be calcium.
Lots of frost already at 7 weeks compared to the C5 and a bit thicker buds as well. Still has a strong scent that’s getting a bit more complex and starting to get a little purple here and there.
picture.php

Bud from the bottom
picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts