What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Test grow: C5 x KC, HPH x KC, NH x Pan, Zam x Pan + Thai chi

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Wow MountainKush :yummy:
Those harvested buds of the new sativa hybrids look excellent, super appealing to me ;)

I'm starting to now know better the HashPlant Haze and C5 Haze mothers from Yo Sammy after some good curing on both,
we grew both mothers side by side outdoors last season under exacty the same conditions (with 0 liquid ferts! just amending the soil),
and although my experience is not fully conclusive yet, now with the curing i'm finding the HashPlant Haze stronger than C5 Haze, yet very uplifting,
leans clearly to the Haze C side a lot (same for C5 Haze), with very little HashPlant indica influence in the finished product (maybe just a slight moroccan 'pollen' hash kind of taste),
but as you said, the HashPlant Haze produces a very funny, silly easy laugh attitude that i like a lot. :)

I will post some pics of the HashPlant Haze and C5 Haze mothers finishing side by side in late November (iirc).
First and second pic both together (HPH left and C5 Haze right), third is HPH and 4th C5 Haze.

Glad this funny part of the HashPlant Haze psychoactivity is also well expressed in the hybrid with Kali China, at least in your flowers.

But don't get me wrong, both HPH and C5 are very strong, profound and long lasting,
so sometimes the funny and uplifting side of Haze hybrids from Nevil can also become very edgy, thought provoking and not so comfortable psychologically speaking.

All these 4 hybrids you have grown are very complex sativa outcrosses, so definitely variation can be expected.

Sounds like the Zamaldelica x Panama got the best from both sides ;) Strong and pleasant energetic effect with a slight mdma kind of effect that enhances empathy sounds just perfect.

Glad the Nevil's Haze x Panama is another winner, energetic yet dreamy are classic effects of both parental plants.

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us friend.
Take good care and stay safe! :huggg:

Attachments

• 20191109_152502.jpg
    20191109_152502.jpg
    291.5 KB · Views: 21
  • 20191109_153359.jpg
    20191109_153359.jpg
    269 KB · Views: 26
  • 20191109_152608.jpg
    20191109_152608.jpg
    271.2 KB · Views: 24
  • 20191109_153206.jpg
    20191109_153206.jpg
    266.3 KB · Views: 23
J

jaded1

Lovely looking and sounding buds MK!
Those nh/pan's def put out a lot of frost
picture.php

Mountainkush

Thanks for sharing the pics and info Dubi. They look beautiful and I really appreciate it!
I love the HphxKc pheno I got my first try. It’s awesome when you find a cut you love every aspect of. I can’t wait to see what I get next from all of these on my next round.
Variation is great for me. I think I have about 14 different strains/phenos I’m smoking on at the moment and love to switch things up. Usually 2-3 a day and then change them out for something new.

Seeds went into water last night with some others. Very excited for some new life to emerge in my veg space.
I started one each of
ZamxPan, Nhxpan, C5xKc and HphxKc
Some evening/nighttime stuff
Bubba pck, Bubba hash, Snow moon and Red sapphire
Plus added a Zamaldelica and Tikal. Still enjoying the first ones of these I grew over a year ago. Still amazing after about 14 months in jars.
Keep up the good work and stay safe.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Nice to hear it friend ;) With such menu you won't get bored during this quarantine.

Pleased to know you are repeating with many of the strains you have grown lately from us, that's always a great sign :) Thank you so much!

Mountainkush

I’ve loved every plant I’ve grown so far Dubi.
So happy I tried Ace seeds and found so many things I’m interested in. Maybe even too many things. It’s so hard to choose what to do first.
Im just as excited for the couple new strains as I am to see what else I can find in the repeated ones. So many different effects and flavours to enjoy.

No problem getting started. Took these pics 7 days after dropping seeds in water.
picture.php

The bubba x pck was the fastest to crack and had a tiny tap root after about 18-20 hours sitting in some water. The rest had all crack open with tap roots ready to plant within 48 hours. I do 24h in water (if needed) and then place in paper towels till ready to plant usually.

picture.php

Mountainkush

Hope everyone is doing well out there.
Had some issues getting used to my new veg lights but things seem to be going better now at almost 4 weeks from seed. Wasn’t expecting the leds to cause so much issues but I do like the lower power draw plus being way brighter.
A group shot before I start topping and taking cuts to flower.
picture.php

C5xKc, HphxKc, ZamxPan, Nhxpan
picture.php

Mountainkush

My previous C5xKc is starting to taste a lot like marshmallows out of nowhere. It still doesn’t have much of a smell to it but the taste is getting much better. Very sweet.
C5xKc, HphxKc
picture.php

ZamxPan, Nhxpan
picture.php

Kijell

Looks great MountainKush! Good luck for your grow! :)

I have a question to the two Haze x Kali China Hybrids.
How resistent to heat are they?
I would like to grow these in the summer but with the predictions already made it will be likely above 30 degrees celsius in my grow room.
Can they handle this like the african sativas or does the Kali China side really do not like high temperatures?

Mountainkush

Thanks Kijell
I grew my first two over the winter but did experience some unexpected warm weather that caused some higher temps. I don’t think the heat bothered them as much as my Thai chi which I can say does better with lower temps after running the same clone at different times of the year.
I’ll find out here soon though as things got delayed a bit for spring and now these will be flowering we’ll into the summer heat. Fingers crossed for a cool summer, the last two have been horrible.

Kijell

Thanks Kijell
I grew my first two over the winter but did experience some unexpected warm weather that caused some higher temps. I don’t think the heat bothered them as much as my Thai chi which I can say does better with lower temps after running the same clone at different times of the year.
I’ll find out here soon though as things got delayed a bit for spring and now these will be flowering we’ll into the summer heat. Fingers crossed for a cool summer, the last two have been horrible.

Thank you, I think I will do Zamal Bliss and something else this summer, and after that all the Kali China crosses :)

Mountainkush

Thank you, I think I will do Zamal Bliss and something else this summer, and after that all the Kali China crosses :)

I’m looking forward to trying some of the Purple Zamal crosses. I bet you’ll enjoy it. The C5 and HPH Kalichina crosses have been amazing and continue to improve as they cure.

Mountainkush

Hey guys, hope everyone is well out there.
The girls are waking up from they’re first night in the flower tent. Not sure why I forget how much space I have to work with so often but I’ll make it work...
I tried to keep the full sativa/sativa dom strains smaller but I know some still have the ability to take over the whole thing.

Fun times ahead
picture.php

picture.php

Mountainkush

Couple pics in better lighting at the beginning of flower. The HphxKc was stocky in the beginning so got transplanted to the bigger pot with the Indicas. It started growing pretty quick after that.

The rest will get a bigger pot soon as they’re drinking twice a day now. I kept them under some t5s for a bit to slow them down compared to the rest that went under new LED lights I’m trying to get used to.
I think I prefer MH for veg but will give them more time.

HphxKc
C5xKc, ZamxPan, Nhxpan
picture.php

HphxKc
picture.php

Nhxpan
picture.php

C5xKc
picture.php

ZamxPan
picture.php

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Almost miss this grow!! Congrats MountainKush! :tiphat:

Taking seat for the second! :lurk:

Did you find out what were your issues? I'd say water, second possibility nutes gone bad? Do you use RO?

Only times I had issues with coco was either bad nutes, or water issues. Once I went 100% RO, and nitric acid, zero issues. No calmag nor dolomite (which I used to pinch when filling pots with coco) needed, nothing.

I grow now with 100% salts + RO, but have also used Canna A+B plus RO and didn't need any cal/mag supplements, when EC = 1 RO should go straight to 5.6-5.8 which is my target PH for coco.

When it doesn't go straight to that PH and remain higher, I use nitric acid to ph-.

If PH stays higher (happened to me with RO from the tap in the worst summer months), I use baking soda to raise it up.

Regarding different ladies eating at different strengths, what I do is place more drippers on the hungrier ones. You'll get more waste, but the plant will get more food too.

Since I switched to 100% RO, nitric acid and baking soda, had zero salt build up, nute lock or unbalanced medium issues.

I usually PH the res in flower at 5.5... it will slowly drift up to 5.8. I find the ladies love this, my rationale is that there are different optimal PH points to uptake each different nutrient.

One thing I used with Canna A+B in addition to Canna PK (at 1/4 their recommended strenght) was Yara SOP during late veg and early flower. I modulated it down in favour of PK from mid to final flower. It made a lot of difference.

Also, if you use moderate EC levels (something doable indoors) girls seem to like a lot a weekly unph'ed watering with EM-1 (2ml/L) + tad of molasses (to feed the microorganisms) once per week, I find it helps a lot in keeping the medium healthy and self-healing.

Mountainkush

Almost miss this grow!! Congrats MountainKush! :tiphat:

Taking seat for the second! :lurk:

Did you find out what were your issues? I'd say water, second possibility nutes gone bad? Do you use RO?

Hey Repuk,
Thanks for stopping by. I think I figured out a few of them. Water was one of them as my iron filter was failing and my well water was coming out at 0.1-0.2ec instead of 0.0ec. I was using it to drop the ec of the water I use to grow with. I get water from a tapped underground river with a ph of 7 and 0.3ec a few km from my house and use it for drinking water, pets and plants. I stopped using my well water and that seemed to help.
Also
I started growing in coco using canna a&b, rhizo, pk and cannazyme. The whole works, and had ok results but was unhappy with the price so I stopped using some of the additional stuff and was trying to do just the canna a&b with this grow.

From my research I feel like it needs more pk from either cannazyme or the pk 13/14 to be more balanced. So I tried adding enough pk to match Heads GH 6:9 ratios.

The HphxKc seemed to be under fed and required 1.5ec, up from 1.2, while the Nhxpan was severely over fed and had to lower it to 0.5ec from 0.8 for it to recover. They were on two different tank.

To sum it up, my well water was at least not helping things and the feed was not mixed properly for the plants. That’s my guess anyway. I really don’t know what I’m doing here. Just trying to learn as I go.

I did a small test grow with Thai chi and Lilly clones using a somewhat modified version of Heads formula with GH micro and bloom and nothing else. There is some pics of my Thai chi in the sticky thread to see how that went compared to the Thai chi I grew with the haze hybrids. It’s cheaper and way easier to get where I live. I actually read through your thread back when I was having issues and planned to try that if the GH6:9 didn’t work. May still in the future just to save more money.
I’m currently feeding all plants, indica&sativa the same feed at 1.4ec and ph between 6.0-5.5 letting it drift around a bit. If you find it better to stay lower I may try to keep it 5.8-5.5.

I’ll keep in mind your tip of just adding more drippers to the heavier feeders for future grows when I grow less plants. I’ll need a second tank just for the volume of water I’ll be mixing so makes more sense to me now just to mix different tanks for the sativa. I also feed my veg plants and mothers from the same main tank.
I’ve been watering by hand so far other than some mothers I put on homemade drip rings over the winter to experiment and will be setting up something similar for this round in the tent only I’ll be using open ended tubing for simplicity and also makes it easier to unhook if I need to move a plant.
I’ve been curious about the nitric acid but read it was kinda dangerous.
I’ve been using advanced nutrients ph up(k) and down(p) so far and not sure if that has been causing problems.
I guess the 55% phosphoric acid might not be any safer.

I’ve also wondered about molasses in coco when feeding with salts. I was under the impression that there wasn’t much there to feed with sugars. But as I said earlier, I really don’t know a lot about all this.

Thanks again for trying to help out. I don’t like asking for help much but I’m always open to it and appreciate it.

Mountainkush

Clones I kept for mothers in case I find something special again.
HphxKc & C5xKc
NHxPan & ZamxPan
picture.php

My mother in-law was up to visit now that restrictions are lessened and she noticed a few clones I had out in my greenhouse with my vegetables.
She doesn’t smoke but loves the look of the plants so I gave her a Nevils haze x panama because it’s such a beautiful plant and a Bubba Kush x Pck which may actually finish in our climate. She just wanted to plant them in her garden because she like how they look. It’s pretty cool since we used to hide it from her before legalization.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi MountainKush,

Happy to see the new plants already in flowering indoors, very neat setup and healthy happy plants :) Glad your mother in law shares also your passion for cannabis plants!
The other Tikal, Bubba Kush x PCK and Snow Moon plants are starting the flowering in a different tent/place ?

Mountainkush

Hi MountainKush,

Happy to see the new plants already in flowering indoors, very neat setup and healthy happy plants :) Glad your mother in law shares also your passion for cannabis plants!
The other Tikal, Bubba Kush x PCK and Snow Moon plants are starting the flowering in a different tent/place ?

Hey Dubi,
Thank you, they all seem to be doing pretty good. I finally got my irrigation finished up so I can save my back from hand watering.

Most are happy with their food but need to back off and not push a couple of the more sensitive ladies. Mostly my red Sapphire and one of my Orient Express got a little tip burn plus my Tikal and Nevil haze x panama needed less nitrogen but they should be fine now.
These are now 16 days in my flower tent. All 12 plants are in the same tent and have been trained/pruned to fit so far. I’m not too worried yet.

Had to sacrifice a few branches here and there but I’m not concerned about yeild on any certain plant this run. More just looking for special plants to regrow/keep.
picture.php

picture.php