What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Malberry Seed Co. (pics encouraged!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mtn. Nectar

Veteran
looks great Bart.......

I only started the Mulanje Gold from Malberry......and outdoors so just sprouts at the moment.......

ganj on.....

BlackBart

Veteran
Thanks brother ... I think the mulange Gold will be monsters outdoors . These ones that i'm growing indoors are incredibly vigorous . They remind me of the old strains from back in the day . :tree:

eyes

Veteran
malberry seed is also holy smoke. same company. id guess afropips -holysmoke and malberry all one.

eyes

Veteran
bart- keep us updated on those pics if u could. be interested in seeing how they yield.... how many weeks in flowering do they need?

purple_man

Veteran
nice bro!

i hope you keep this thread goin, would be mucho interesting to see the further development of the cultivars :)

blessss

purple_man

Veteran
by the way, at least their indica and sativa offerings look the way they should at this age (broad leaf VS slim leaf)

BlackBart

Veteran
I should have stated that the Mango/Afghan can from the now defunct herbari seed co which are now Alpine seeds . It's 100 % Afghan from what they say . Both the Bhutanese and Peshawar started out with fairly wide leaves in veg but are growing thinner leaves in flower .

de145

I'm also interested since seeing these pop up on a .ca seed site a while back. I can't determine if they are selected from the best phenos found and then bred for stable IBL seeds or if they are collected from the source and so you can expect all sorts of randomness in the phenos, if anyone knows I'd appreciate it because that is an entirely different thing in terms of value and how many need to be grown out to find a good pheno.

There are ways for dealing with landrace sativas, I've been growing Kumaoni, Garwhali Jungli, Garwhali Shiva and Parvati from a UK seed vendor under less than optimal conditions and posted about what I learned here near the end of the "Revival of the ultimate sativa" thread where it got buried but for anyone considering growing landrace sativas you would do well to look through that entire thread for lots of helpful info.

I'd love a smoke report on taste and effect as well please for you guys growing them out.

The ones I grew that I mentioned here were pretty interesting. They all have a very warm and happy high about them, maybe due in part to the prevalence of CBD which is still common in the hashish cultivars which are not selected for THC like bud plants are.

None of them felt even remotely anxiety producing or racy like common sativa strains out there do now. More like grinny and happy and soothing. I suspect the Malawi and others might be very different though.

BlackBart

Veteran
I'm finding that Phenos are all over the place except for the Afghan/Mango . Some of the Bhutanese that were supposed to be fem seed are turning total male ......not hermy but total male. Some pheno types of the Bhutanese and Peshawar have some short stocky to real lanky phenotypes . I'll try and get some pics up soon so you can see the difference .

Its my opinion that malberry does not make plant selections when making there seed . For all I know they could be open pollenated purposely for larger plant selections for the grower who buys there seeds.

g0vnaa

ICE Cream eater
Veteran
Topic says "pics encouraged" so i had to post it...
I`m pretty sure the 2nd pic is a SourJack photo posted by Karma.
Think it even won POTM :tiphat:

g0vnaa

ICE Cream eater
Veteran
Can`t quote it because its and atachment ...
Post #10.

Here is what I think is the original.

picture.php

Posted by Karma G

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=4003824#post4003824

:tiphat:

J

joejusttyped

That's quite surprising, govna. Nice catch I would have never expected a company like this to use fake photos. Makes me think what other strains have fake pics on their listing?

Directly from their site for comparison:
afghani%20peshwar.jpg

BlackBart

Veteran
I'm going to do a little investigating . I hope Malberry isn't using someone else's pics to sell there seeds . If that is Karma's sour Jack then I want it LOL ! I have gone to there website and form what I have read there ,they appear to be very sincere about there trade but who knows .

K

Karma Genetics

That is my Sour Jack 100%

not the first time people use my stuff, seen members repost pic's from my album as there own aswell ha ha.

I wouldn't trust them afther this.

Good looking out gOvnaa, respect

Keep It Real folks

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hola KG long time no see... :wave:

thread reported and closed....btw, someone stole one of my pics (originally posted here) to sell Pineapple Express...welcome to the club LOL ;)

PD: nice catch g0vnaa :yes:

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
OK
thread open...

...so all can read this info and learn about the shady practices of this company. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.