What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Casey Jones... where would you rate it amongst the strains you have tried???

I just picked up some CJ#3 from the bay (yet to recieve them, just secured them yesterday) and I would like to hear some opinions/experiences about the CJ as opposed to the elites that have been released as seed. I've smoked Diesel IBL (ooohhhh yeeeaaahhh!) and a few of my friends grows of OGxSFV something or other kush from seed and was impressed but not like the Diesel impresseds. I must say though, my friend is a better grower but he grows big weight commercial whereas I love my plants and give them my attention and although I don't grow huge bushes (I can't, not enough room unless outdoors then it's 'LOOKOUT!!!' 10ft fuckers) I grow for the mrs and myself and focus on quality hence the fact his Kush might not have been cared for or properly flushed for that matter, he'd shit on my beloved couch if he read this... prick... LMFAO!!!. Anyways, back to the subject... Casey Jones, how does she smoke and is she really as special as I've heard?

R

RedOne

loads of variety with casey and all as good as you have heard,unmistakable aroma's in veg through to flower,not too fussy so can be grown with ease..final product should be outstanding...mine was :)

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
weak, overrated.

the truth here.....

cant stand casey jones, any cut.....

yield is the ONLY thing it has going for it......

would NEVER buy a strain if it had the slightest amount of casey jones in it....

of course IMHO.....:tiphat:

Hey GD, how's thing's mate? thanks for the replies people. Some mixed opinions but that's life and I'll have to lean towards listening to GD's opinion and that of red. No disrespect forty just that your response wasn't very in-depth mate. Apparently the #3 pheno is the biggest yielder and that's what I got so I'm hoping for some really strong, really big tasty nugs that will have me smiling for awhile. Justa a quick side Q, how's the odour on her? big odour control needed? I mean it's always good and responsible to go with odour control but I've honestly grown plants that didn't need it such was their fruity odour and didn't bother.

Phillthy

Seven-Thirty
ICMag Donor
Veteran
schmoe's cut... love it. one of my top 5. just a wonderful high and great for any time of the day. you can torture this cut too.

GOT DANK

Veteran
the truth here.....

cant stand casey jones, any cut.....

yield is the ONLY thing it has going for it......

would NEVER buy a strain if it had the slightest amount of casey jones in it....

of course IMHO.....:tiphat:

what do you like KB? you don't like blue dreams and Cj and ???:bump:

High74

Executive Branch Genetics
Veteran
They must of had some bunk Casey cause what I smoked was fucking awesome
I put Casey in my top 5 and I smoke all day everyday Cheers to Head and BG :)

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
what do you like KB? you don't like blue dreams and Cj and ???:bump:

trainwreck, romulan, pure kush, aliendog, and third dimension......

but what i smoke most is gdp, love it, get high off one hit and helps me sleep the best.....

GOT DANK

Veteran
trainwreck, romulan, pure kush, aliendog, and third dimension......

but what i smoke most is gdp, love it, get high off one hit and helps me sleep the best.....

trainWACK. i hate that shit. i like ur other choice. some ken's gdp tho. i got some sick alien kush X valley og beans. golf ball nugs

F

Fluffy Clouds

yeah casey jones is not herb for those who want to sleep... theres that thai...

i wouldnt compare it with indicas at all... but if i compare it with c99, ssh, jack herrer, trainwreck, various diesel hybs or diesel ibl, various blueberry x haze, even with new kalimist... i would prefer casey jones over them EVER!

long lastin high, upbeat potency - ya know that thaish thing... 70 days, which is unbelievable imo... fantastic taste up there with blueberry, diesel or trainwreck...

i dont like hype, but to this day i have to find something better amongst those 70 days sativa hybrids... i didnt try shroom though...

cheers:wave:

Headbandf1

Bent Member
Veteran
CJ is not popular with nor-cal club they had huge runs the none Schmoe phenos and it was a very slow mover, Now most buyer don't even what to look at it. 10 for production, 8 for bag appeal, 8/9 for sativa up High, Can have a grassy nose to it from the thai influences buyer think thats a negative even with a perfect cure., buds are dense brachs are not. If buyers will buy it and that is so rarely, CJ will never see the top prices the OG and Chems do. Buds can be huge which means you got to break the buds down or the buyers will pick out the 14" bud and say something like these huge bud have mold issues, yet there is no mold nothing. Buyer seem to like to criticize CJ more then desire to have it.

So if it for personal taste it great and a huge producer, if your trying to Cash crop it its a huge producer but very difficult to move.

Had a patient bring his Snapon car computer reader, so i gave him a 9" bub well over 8 g but he came back saying it didnt get me stoned. Ya did it get you high? "Ya but not what i was expecting." So i heard several complaints from non connoisseurs.

Thanks all, some varied opinions here but overall I'm happy as I've aquired some serious dank. I mean you guys are mostly in the U.S and that's where the genetic pool is undergoing the greatest experimentation and where all the wicked clones are. I'm here in Australia where if you ask your average dealer what strain they have your likely to get either 'it's skunk, sick, wicked hydro this shit' or 'why the fuck do you want to know huh? are u a fuckin cop?' so strains over here undergo little change apart from in some small pockets where somereal, top notch rocket fuelis produced but the clones don't get around that much (and seeds aren't really produced much at all due to the laws being so harsh, you want to grow the strongest bud possible) due to the huge distances from state to state. Then there's the goegraphical isolation of some of these places which results in the locals not taking too kindly to outsiders who come into their towns asking for bud. The laws in this country are ridiculous, we follow the states in almost everything, you go to war so do we, our radio stations could easily be mistaken for U.S stations if it weren't for the announcers accent. When the F%^K are we going to catch up and allow medical marijuana laws to be passed? I hope that it will be soon but my I'm not holding my breath. Thanks again people.

jm420

Veteran
the CJ i Just sampled is great smoke ,You should be in for a treat .I believe you have P.U.S."s cj #3,Good grab iIMO.If you like SD you will like this cj its very SD dominent.

Last edited:

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
trainwreck

gotta agree here..
one of my favorites was an over grow user bred TW X blue satellite.
opened a jar in the same room with my mother in law and she swore my dog had been sprayed by a skunk till i showed her the jar and she said incredulously "oh my god you smoke that?"

M

Marathanman

Can't understand why anybody wouldn't like Casey Jones unless they had the wrong pheno. Its very potent nice tasting and a big yielder.

T

THE PABLOS

My opinion is that Casey Jones rocks. Multiple phenotypes can be found even in the 1st generation....but beyond and especially in outcrosses there is way more fun to be had.

I've worked with it constantly since '08....into the 3rd generation...and many many outcrosses. I like blending Thai expressions....I like quick indoor sativa hybrids...I like plants that yield...I like plants that are easy to work with.....I like genetics that come through well in outcrosses...I like fuel infused expressions....etc etc...

Mixes well with the Short stuff I work with....mixes well with the Mexican based stuff I work with...mixes well most anyway I use it. That is important to me.

I don't really see any weaknesses....I see differences in preferences...I don't prefer the Trainwreck expressions or Trainwreck as far as structure...don't like the floppy/folding structures. I like the up highs those genetics bring to the table however. When working with Casey...I steer clear of the Wreck side of things as far as structure. Creepers don't work for me.

Grow them out and see how it goes....I'd say...you are beyond the need to ask for opinions if you already have the beans.

Thanks for the advice as I was considering working it once I get some time. I've not grown TW but I've heard it's of a wirey, multi-branch structure is that correct?

Latest posts

Latest posts