What's new

Casey Jones... where would you rate it amongst the strains you have tried???

HanumanHaze

I grew out Casey Jones 2 years back from Bluesky's Nursery, it was almost 7 feet tall good weight, but not as tasty or potent as Sour Diesel or OG Kush. If you like Damn Sour you might like Casey, but I'd rather smoke the generic sour diesel floating around the west coast. East Coast Sour Diesel is The Best though, accept no imitations:wave:

Dicomaco

I've smoked approx 30 different strains so it's not like I'm a veteran, but I have to say the Casey Jones cut I have is without a doubt in top 3, if not THE best smoke I've ever had. Talking about the whole picture, veg, flower, stretch, structure, vigor, yield etc. it's definitely NUMERO UNO for me.

The guy I got it from said that it was a few years old and the 'English Cut'. Now I'm getting very confused in this thread, I thought there were two known cuts "Schmoe" & "TrueCannablis". I believe mine is the latter.

Facts:
Eats like a mofo, especially Nitrogen, I give her approx 50% more N than my other strains, no kidding, although only in flower.
Yields: Enormous, biggest yielder I've had. Made 240 grams in one 14 liters/3.5 gal.

Mold resistance: as long as temps are not above 32 Celsius/ 90 f, I get NO mold whatsoever, even though buds are big and swollen at harvest. I don't even need good air circulation.

Buds are semi-dense, although not like golf balls, but this is due to the excessive foxtales this lady makes I guess.

Smell: Sweet diesel with some tropical freshness to it, it gets more diesel-ish the longer it goes though.

Taste: hard to define, I sense some berries, my girl says 'mandarine' <-- dunno about that tho.

Effect: when cut at 60-65 days, VERY trippy cerebral high, lasting for around 1½ hours. When cut at 70 days it's more mellow though still unique effect from the Thai dominance she has.

Herm tendency: if light stressed mine get nanners, but they don't pollinate, and it only happened once out of 4 grows.

Sex appeal: sky rocket high!! I swear I get so horny on this, and I feel like I can go on forever! I honestly recommend this for people who want more endurance in bed, it sort of gives you an extra spike, like caffeine.
Also great for training of course!

picture.php

picture.php

Effect 10/10
Taste 8/10
Smell 9/10
Yield 10/10

I'd love to have some of the original Thai pheno that was used in this cut, it must be beyond trippy! :dance013:

BigForest

i Realy liked the casey i had which i think was joe schmoes from harborside fruity as hell like if you put 3 different tropical soft chew starbusrt in your mouth at once.

Dkgrower

Veteran
Facts:
Eats like a mofo, especially Nitrogen, I give her approx 50% more N than my other strains, no kidding, although only in flower.

Just like mine the most Nitrogen hungry in the garden,

Smell: Sweet diesel with some tropical freshness to it, it gets more diesel-ish the longer it goes though.

Same Again..

Herm tendency: if light stressed mine get nanners, but they don't pollinate, and it only happened once out of 4 grows.

Again the same just out off 3 grows i did get polination and got 30 seeds..i think she will under any extreem conditions

Mine came label as truecannablis so i guess we have the same or some more enlighted pepol can comment on it :wave:

By the pic it also look the same, but can swell more up when light and space allow it...

One off my favs

D

dankitydank

Go through lots of strains, Casey is by far one of everyone's favorites. Mine included

Dr. D

Veteran
Casey Jones is the bomb, top five with me maybe top three.
Trues cut is the bomb and i had bomb keepers equally as good from an average pack of Casey Jones.
Cant wait to grow her again...Peace

Dicomaco

Just like mine the most Nitrogen hungry in the garden,

Same Again..

Again the same just out off 3 grows i did get polination and got 30 seeds..i think she will under any extreem conditions

Mine came label as truecannablis so i guess we have the same or some more enlighted pepol can comment on it :wave:

By the pic it also look the same, but can swell more up when light and space allow it...

One off my favs

I have no doubt it's the same!

Top notch smoke, I get awesome feedback from people, some saying it's among the best and most unique smoke they've ever had!

I know that taste is an individual thing, but I find it so hard to believe that there are growers in this thread who goes as far as saying they despise it. I mean I have mad respect for krunchbubble, but I can't believe he thinks it sucks, as in general not just one pheno.

Hah I'm getting all defensive because I love this girl, to each their own of course :smoke:

After reading these replies I want to grow these with the NorthernDreams BX freebies (I was very lucky to recieve) to one side and BubbledustXDoubleSourDiesel to the other and if there are any males I'll pick the best one and use it dust the Casey. I haven't even grown let alone tried it yet and I'm already thinking of what to hit it with! I've got strains on the brain, a really bad case of it too. Seeds are a sickness! smoking is the only cure.

NEW ENGLAND

ICMag Donor
Veteran
After reading these replies I want to grow these with the NorthernDreams BX freebies (I was very lucky to recieve) to one side and BubbledustXDoubleSourDiesel to the other and if there are any males I'll pick the best one and use it dust the Casey. I haven't even grown let alone tried it yet and I'm already thinking of what to hit it with! I've got strains on the brain, a really bad case of it too. Seeds are a sickness! smoking is the only cure.

Happy the Northern Dreams bx is getting out there to folks. :ying:

KONY

Veteran
the truth here.....

cant stand casey jones, any cut.....

yield is the ONLY thing it has going for it......

would NEVER buy a strain if it had the slightest amount of casey jones in it....

of course IMHO.....:tiphat:

Casey is not an easy strain to grow large scale, not really hard either but it takes a bit of work to get her proper, especially in a big setup.... Got a friend with 10k that can't come close, the buds just suck, i mean they are big but lacking bag appeal and stone... I wouldnt buy them either. I dont even like smoking them and I love this strain.... meanwhile he thinks its the strain too :/

our yield with casey has been right around .7gpw.... defiantly still room for improvement but really its the quality and strength of the stone that makes her stick out to me. she has to be cropped for the head and not for sale.

She's looks ready at 9.5 weeks but the high is really lacking. At 11 weeks you can smoke a nice joint of her, eat a big ass meal and still be baked afterwords. I've been growing for a few years and smoking for more than half my life, never in recent years have I smoked another strain that could do this. Only edibles, melty bubble and erl do that.

edit: those times are completly relative to the plant being extremely happy.... this current grow of her we have some at 75 days now that are nowhere near done. (long store short we had a walk-thru recently and these plants had to be moved at 7 weeks flowering to an non HID light area for 36 hours before they got moved back)

H

Hoover_lungz

Casey jones true cut is a great day time smoke and dont leave you monged out like the sssdh lol.