What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

~Star Crash~ Original Haze ...

Nexus7

[
So that you guys know what Haze type I’m talking about as my fav..
Thou this is a MNS G13Haze (my keeper), this Haze type is the strong and clear one. It puts you to such a joyful and pleasant state. Like sun shine in your mind with a big grin. It enhances reality, but does not “alter” it if you get what I mean. High as a kite yet you’re not spaced out and “tripping” . Not a hint of speedy rush in her. Just pure bliss.
Too bad the G13 adds a strong head stone to her. It would be THE perfect sativa for me without the G13 side. Still a killer plant.

Spicey, leather, nutty, hints of mint and pine. a bit floral, hints of arm pit sweat but not much. mildly fruity – sort of mixture of mango and pineapple. No incense.
It’s not as dark green as some of them. Light green calyxes like on some Skunk1’s like UK Cheese. One of the Columbian Gold phenos, I’d guess[/SIZE]

That's the "social" Haze as hempy refers to it.

Actually the one I'm looking for too. I call it Euphoria pheno and possibly what others refer to as MDMA pheno.

Just need it without the stone and comedown effect and your golden ;)

GoatCheese

Veteran
Looking Forward to the smoke report star i also like the look of the male you have question have you smoke tested the male ?.

Yea, you can actually smoke test males too. I have tried it few times and I think it is a valuable tool when selecting males. Of course the effect isn’t super strong, cause there isn’t much resin on males/the flowers aren’t as big as on females, but it is strong enough to get an idea what type of effect the male will bring into the cross. But the effect is still so mild that you want to smoke the male as your first smoke of the day .

I have smoked the dried tops/flowers after they have dropped their pollen. I also chopped up thin/young stems of the tops in there and few of the smaller “sugar leaves” but I didn’t smoke any sun leaves. The male flowers are a smooth smoke cause there isn’t much chlorophyll in them. It’s much smoother than smoking leaves.
3-4 proper large bong hits is enough to feel a mild effect so you can get an idea/judge the type of effect the male has. You can even get a taste in the smoke if the male is resinous enough.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Yea, you can actually smoke test males too. I have tried it few times and I think it is a valuable tool when selecting males. Of course the effect isn’t super strong, cause there isn’t much resin on males/the flowers aren’t as big as on females, but it is strong enough to get an idea what type of effect the male will bring into the cross. But the effect is still so mild that you want to smoke the male as your first smoke of the day .

I have smoked the dried tops/flowers after they have dropped their pollen. I also chopped up thin/young stems of the tops in there and few of the smaller “sugar leaves” but I didn’t smoke any sun leaves. The male flowers are a smooth smoke cause there isn’t much chlorophyll in them. It’s much smoother than smoking leaves.
3-4 proper large bong hits is enough to feel a mild effect so you can get an idea/judge the type of effect the male has. You can even get a taste in the smoke if the male is resinous enough.

Hi GoatCheese i stumbled on it in the early 80s a mate asked me if i had any leaf so he could mix it with Hash and at the time i pulled some males and gave him a big bag of dry leaf.Well he called me up said you need to come over i went n he said smoke this turned out male leaf can get you high lol.

So working with hybrids i find it very useful in testing males i remove the leaf tips and leaf around the male flowers not the shade leaf dry then label and smoke it first thing in the morning.It will give you an understanding of what that male will bring in the type of affect others go as far as reversing the males to fem that way you can get an understanding of resin but more importantly the smells also.

I have been telling people this for over 2 decades on line now.

JohnnyChicago

Any one that says all haze smoke is good is not being honest and if the smoke don't scare you then you don't have a good one. Haze is something you respect nothing social about a good Haze.

Looking Forward to the smoke report star i also like the look of the male you have question have you smoke tested the male ?.

You can ask me Hempy. I know the best what I have shared with who, how the different lines do perform and why.
Social is wrong. Better call it anti depressant and it's the peppery phenos that are like that.
All the time sombody reports "the" great high from OH, they report pepper too.
I call them SamS phenos, because SamS mother must have been very very peppery.
Very different from haze19 and also different from Haze A and C.
The high of SamS/pepper phenos, when you find a real potent one or you have low tolrence, can be described with "SamS sitting in the hand of a giant" :)
Star Crash's line is the ibl I would/will use to select males from, that's what I have told him when I did send him the seeds.The seeds he has made should be ok for that purpose too I guess.

Smoking OH males I don't know.
Progeny testing pure haze males is so easy as they drop pollen very quickly. So quick that you can use them on your favourite cuts, that will have matured the seeds almost before the Original Haze females will be ready for smoke. That's exagerated, but it's just to give an idea. You can also select males, trash bin the females, you will have finished in 4 month, if your plan is outcrossing.

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You can ask me Hempy. I know the best what I have shared with who, how the different lines do perform and why.
Social is wrong. Better call it anti depressant and it's the peppery phenos that are like that.
All the time sombody reports "the" great high from OH, they report pepper too.
I call them SamS phenos, because SamS mother must have been very very peppery.
Very different from haze19 and also different from Haze A and C.
The high of SamS/pepper phenos, when you find a real potent one or you have low tolrence, can be described with "SamS sitting in the hand of a giant" :)
Star Crash's line is the ibl I would/will use to select males from, that's what I have told him when I did send him the seeds.The seeds he has made should be ok for that purpose too I guess.

Smoking OH males I don't know.
Progeny testing pure haze males is so easy as they drop pollen very quickly. So quick that you can use them on your favourite cuts, that will have matured the seeds almost before the Original Haze females will be ready for smoke. That's exagerated, but it's just to give an idea. You can also select males, trash bin the females, you will have finished in 4 month, if your plan is outcrossing.

And here are the Original Haze Males I kept in continuation as clones :)
2817DADE-9735-4C42-84B5-FFDFB9EE0FAE.jpeg

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran

Not every Haze pheno has a ”trippy” effect, yet they can be quite strong. Some of the trippy ones may not be as strong as the potent clear ones which can get just mildly trippy when you smoke a lot of it.

When you , Maha, talk about psychedelic and trippy effects, then you’re actually talking about the kind of weed/Haze YOU like to smoke, while I personally like the other side of strong Haze plants = the ones that are strong but not trippy. The strong and clear ones; because of my health condition I find trippy weed too distracting. I liked that kind of weed when I was younger, but not so much anymore.

:

Imo, it is very much over simplifying to call every Haze plant just with the word “Haze”, because even just thru HazeC-male there seems to come atleast 10+ phenos and they are/can be very, very different to each other. Thru HazeA male there are even more phenos ..and when you add the plant types that come thru Sam’s Hazes then that makes tens of different kind of Haze plants.

What “Haze” are we talking about.

Maybe you/we should talk about the different Haze phenos based on looks, aroma profiles and the effect types so people would know which pheno we are referring to. Better yet, if we have a photo of the plant then why not show that as well.
..if we pretend to be such pro cannabis smokers, then why not articulate better what Haze-type we are talking about. It shouldn’t be that difficult, right boys. ( i doubt women are taking part in this nonsense, ay)

:

Claiming that “Haze” makes every other plant better, well this just isn’t so, because not all Haze phenos are that great. Some are the best sativas you can find on this planet, absolutely 100%, but I wouldn’t want to mix my keeper-plants with just any “Haze”, cause some aren’t that special.

Same goes for you too. You clearly are a good grower, a passionate smoker and you have lot to offer for these discussions and you take nice photos. Just curb the pissy, immature attitude you have too often and I’m sure you’re an all right dude.

Peace, bro. Smoke on, Maha.

:
:
PS.

So that you guys know what Haze type I’m talking about as my fav..
Thou this is a MNS G13Haze (my keeper), this Haze type is the strong and clear one. It puts you to such a joyful and pleasant state. Like sun shine in your mind with a big grin. It enhances reality, but does not “alter” it if you get what I mean. High as a kite yet you’re not spaced out and “tripping” . Not a hint of speedy rush in her. Just pure bliss.
Too bad the G13 adds a strong head stone to her. It would be THE perfect sativa for me without the G13 side. Still a killer plant.

Spicey, leather, nutty, hints of mint and pine. a bit floral, hints of arm pit sweat but not much. mildly fruity – sort of mixture of mango and pineapple. No incense.
It’s not as dark green as some of them. Light green calyxes like on some Skunk1’s like UK Cheese. One of the Columbian Gold phenos, I’d guess

yes, I am talking about stellar pheno of haze. you are talking about some hybrids. g13haze is not real haze. it is not energetic and it is completely different animal than original haze. you try to act like you know what haze is, but you would have to grow it first. to read about it, it is not enough to know. your post is funny. there is range of haze effects which can never appear in g13haze. A and C, again. you dont know anything about those hazes. you cant guess on haze from hybrid, that is impossible, I know it is usual practice at mr. nice forum. but it is all marketing bullshit. you repeat these bullshit like bullshit from Soma. first grow original haze and then try to quote me. so I dont have to waste my time. do you know how many times I read this bullshit? I read it 15 years ago.

GoatCheese

Veteran
yes, I am talking about stellar pheno of haze. you are talking about some hybrids. g13haze is not real haze. it is not energetic and it is completely different animal than original haze. you try to act like you know what haze is, but you would have to grow it first. to read about it, it is not enough to know. your post is funny. there is range of haze effects which can never appear in g13haze. A and C, again. you dont know anything about those hazes. you cant guess on haze from hybrid, that is impossible, I know it is usual practice at mr. nice forum. but it is all marketing bullshit. you repeat these bullshit like bullshit from Soma. first grow original haze and then try to quote me. so I dont have to waste my time. do you know how many times I read this bullshit? I read it 15 years ago.

"Without the emotional negativity, please" ...ay.

See how you behave yourself? You behave like an upset child. LOL ..now you bring Soma into this?

First you make claims that “Haze makes every cross better” and then the next thing you say is “You don’t know shit with you G13Haze” LOL Which one is it, dummy?! You have two brain cells left, Maha.

You may be a passionate smoker but not a very good one. You lack the brains to have a proper convo about these things, and how genetics behave in breeding seems to be a bit too complicated for you, you snobby simpleton. We are done talking. I don't wanna ruin Star's thread.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
All hazes except OH are hybrids are they not?. From what I've read no one even knows what OH is. I find it odd when someone tells another what they experience isn't real LMAO. How we ea perceive the high is personal. What one experiences can be very different from someone else.

GoatCheese

Veteran
All hazes except OH are hybrids are they not?. From what I've read no one even knows what OH is. I find it odd when someone tells another what they experience isn't real LMAO. How we ea perceive the high is personal. What one experiences can be very different from someone else.

That.
But also, it’s not just about personal preferences and this can be shown with lab testing if needed to. There are tens of different sativa expressions in the Haze genetics we grow today, cause O Haze was a Columbian HYBRID originally. ..it’s NOT a Columbian IBL, it’s a POLYHYBRID.

You can see this in hundreds of photos around the web. I don’t have to grow them to see that with my eyes. I can grow nothing but 100% Afghanis myself and still see the differences in the different Haze-types. Maha seems to have problems with his abilities.

This year i have grown out over 500 seeds i made myself, second generation, so i know perfectly well how unstable POLYHYBRID populations are. If i can see the differences on the hundreds of seedlings i’ve grown myself, i’m sure i can trust my eyes looking at any Columbian hybrids too.
..Esp. the green and purple plants look different, don’t they, Maha?

So “Haze’s” sativa types are in fact different Columbian landrace POLYHYBRID cultivars and there seems to be tens of them coming thru those genetics.
Maha has trouble comprehending this or he isn’t as experienced grower as he pretends to be. Grow hundreds of seeds of a line, not just cuts from your grower buddies or 20-30 seed lots, grow hundreds of them from a line. After that start articulating your thoughts abit better, till then.. End.Off.

Ncali

Veteran
There's already like three threads or more that would be the appropriate place to have this 'heated convo'. One is literally about haze hybrids haha. Another one about original haze from Sam the skunkman, another haze purist thread... So on and so on...

Some really nice guy's grow journal doesn't seem to me like the place fellas.

But maybe I'm wrong. It ain't my show.

Happy Times

Getting close there Star! Any idea when you’ll start chopping? For some reason I didn’t think your Haze ladies were so far along

and I see a nice looking seed in there- O Haze male?

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Getting close there Star! Any idea when you’ll start chopping? For some reason I didn’t think your Haze ladies were so far along

and I see a nice looking seed in there- O Haze male?

Hi happy, I took them last week prematurely I have a bud ready to smoke this morning after I clean the fuck out of it:mopper:

GoatCheese

Veteran
Enjoy the smokes, Star.

Yea, it’s great to see these big plants grown indoors untopped so you really get too see their character. I have only 160cm tall tent so i have to top everything i grow few times.

Tell us in few words about every Haze female you get to smoke, ok. Would be nice to hear about their differences.

Keep it up. Very cool.
👍

Happy Times

I’m about to puff on some OHaze

Oh yeah, time to reap some of the rewards for your hard work and patience! Seeds look nicely tiger-striped

Did you keep track of how many days flowering? Just curious, I’ve never personally run anything that goes this long

Longest might have been some Kali Mist around 2005 that I’d take around 78 days and a F2 Jack Herer that was around 75

Nexus7

So how'd she burn Crash? Don't leave us hanging!

Or did you get too high and forget to come back for a smoke report?