What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Old School White Widow

RoyalFlush

DEA Agent
Glad to know that everybody can agree it's a Brazilian X South Indian (hybrid).

When do you suspect Shanti lost a parent? From around which year have you seen the change in his seeds happen?

I grew the GH version years ago, there were some killer plants in those seeds. Someone I know grew the MN BW some time back and ened up disappointed with what they found, yea there were some good plants in there but not much like the old GHS version. That same person took a gamble and ordered some of Joey's WW, I'll just say the guy looked like he won the lottery.

I'm not trying to promote Joey's gear, even though it looks like I am.

Cvh

Supermod
^Who is Joey and what is his relation with WW? I never heard that name before in the WW origin story.

Or is he somebody like the thousand of other breeders who offer F2 seeds or fems made from an alleged clone?

Hempy, have you heard that name before in Holland? I haven't.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
So you are saying it is a "brazilian"? From what year? 1990?
By that time the first decent ganja landed on brazilian coasts known as Fumo da Lata. Before that there were no brazilian landraces, and brazilian locally grown weed was rubbish, until fumo da lata brazilians would crave for the paraguayan brick which was not accesible in Brazil during the 80's
If White widow goes back to 91-92, then for sure it is not a brazilian strain

If you picked seed up in Brazil at that time, it doesnt mean it is a brazilian strain, it means it was seed from a plant grown in Brazil at best.

The Brazilian landrace mother used to create White Widow is rumoured to be Manga Rosa.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
I grew the GH version years ago, there were some killer plants in those seeds. Someone I know grew the MN BW some time back and ened up disappointed with what they found, yea there were some good plants in there but not much like the old GHS version. That same person took a gamble and ordered some of Joey's WW, I'll just say the guy looked like he won the lottery.

I'm not trying to promote Joey's gear, even though it looks like I am.

So you have never grown the widow from shanti while at Mr nice so when did you grow the widow from GHS.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
^Who is Joey and what is his relation with WW? I never heard that name before in the WW origin story.

Or is he somebody like the thousand of other breeders who offer F2 seeds or fems made from an alleged clone?

Hempy, have you heard that name before in Holland? I haven't.

Hi Cvh Joey Weed was a guy from years back at Cannabisworld and i think Icmag who made and offered F2s he was up front and honest gained a very good reputation threw the community.

RoyalFlush

DEA Agent
So you have never grown the widow from shanti while at Mr nice so when did you grow the widow from GHS.

Not this shit again with you.

I've personally seen MRNice version from seed to harvest, most of the stuff was sativa leaning, even some indica looking plants had the sativa effect, then there was the haze plants (WTF). No doubt there was some good quality smoke but nobody wanted a sativa effect, the market didn't want it. The indica learns did deliver a good stone, some balanced but nothing as devastating as the original release.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Not this shit again with you.

I've personally seen MRNice version from seed to harvest, most of the stuff was sativa leaning, even some indica looking plants had the sativa effect, then there was the haze plants (WTF). No doubt there was some good quality smoke but nobody wanted a sativa effect, the market didn't want it. The indica learns did deliver a good stone, some balanced but nothing as devastating as the original release.

So you smoked and tested every plant that was grown from the widow seed your friend got from mr nice then.

I saw only 1 indica heavy plant and that smoked nothing like your typical say NL if it had i would of trashed it.

When did you grow the GHS version there is a reason why i ask it.

I wish i saw Haze looking widow plants.

RoyalFlush

DEA Agent
So you smoked and tested every plant that was grown from the widow seed your friend got from mr nice then.

I saw only 1 indica heavy plant and that smoked nothing like your typical say NL if it had i would of trashed it.

When did you grow the GHS version there is a reason why i ask it.

I wish i saw Haze looking widow plants.

Early 2000, all outdoors, I didn't do Hydro until later. Paid $400 for a jar of seeds that contained over 12 packs of ww seeds from ghs from the 90's, all supposedly F1's.

RoyalFlush

DEA Agent
Just because I give out my opinion and criticism about MRnice, you always feel the need to attack me and protect your buddy Shanti.

People can judge for themselves on which WW they want. We all have our own preferences, just like you have yours.

Last edited:

TPFTFW

Veteran
Well these should be dope..
G13 x Blueberry x White Widow
Stock is from the 90’s that’s about all I can remember about these ones
Sent to me by a homie
picture.php

Last edited:

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Early 2000, all outdoors, I didn't do Hydro until later. Paid $400 for a jar of seeds that contained over 12 packs of ww seeds from ghs from the 90's, all supposedly F1's.

The reason i asked for dates was because after shanti sold up and left GHS Arjan at GHS ran out of seed and had no seed of many of the lines until after Franco joined GHS.

Then Arjan bought seed from mr nice and made f2s how do we know this well the guy who was a retail seller of mr nice that sold the seed to Arjan posted it.

Any one from CW would remember GHS running out of seed for

some years.

alpo

The Brazilian landrace mother used to create White Widow is rumoured to be Manga Rosa.

I asked Shanti if it was Manga Rosa and he just said when and where in Brazil he got the seeds and said the locals didn't have a proper noun for it but listed characteristics why he picked that plant

Last edited:

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
@ 6:31 Shanti starts to admit there's two versions of white Widow but then quickly changes the conversation.

[YOUTUBEIF]414FlOVDDys[/YOUTUBEIF]

Uhhh he doesn't change the subject at all and his definition of versions couldn't be more clear. He had the seed versions they had clone versions. Funny thing is if you actually grow more than two packs of all these guys gear you can see what he says is plainly obvious. Sounds like people are tryin real hard to make something out of absolutely nothing.

Cvh

Supermod
Some still belief that the mysterious clone is from a seed that was found in handrubbed hashish, despite MrNice and GHS currently writing on their description it's a Brazilian X South Indian (hybrid).

They also have a hard believing that there was clones before they started selling the seeds to the general public...

TheDarkStorm

No one has revealed the exact genetics gone into the widow....if you think you got f1 south indian x Brazilian lets see....cuz its actual a fact that any seeds sold under the white widow strain name are a back cross to a clone..an wer always like this....people can see wat shanti baba himself says face to face to people from the video....rather than someone hidding behind a screen who can make up anything......south india has loads if plants...most long flowering sativas....brazil has loads of plants..some seriously long flowering sativas too....people guessed roughly wat was in the cookies clone before the linage was revealed......its a fact that any seeds sold as white widow came from working a clone....an its a fact there has been a clone that got renamed white widow an has been in holland before shanti even got ther.....people who wer around at the time know this.........youd also be surprised at how many strains get sold as original f1's yet are seed versions(like shanti says) of selected clones.....if anyone cant believe wat shanti says ask him face to face Infront of other old timers who wer around an then see wat he says.

RoyalFlush

DEA Agent
Some still belief that the mysterious clone is from a seed that was found in handrubbed hashish, despite MrNice and GHS currently writing on their description it's a Brazilian X South Indian (hybrid).

They also have a hard believing that there was clones before they started selling the seeds to the general public...

Don't know if you even saw the video before making that hard-on post but the man himself admits there's two versions (1.clone, 2.seed). This doesn't change the BRAZILIAN X SOUTH INDIAN parents from SHANTI'S SEED VERSION. Whether Ingemar found the seed in hand rubbed hashish or hand rubbed dog shit, there is no denying it's existence before Shanti's seed version (which Shanti admits in the video).