What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Old School White Widow

RoyalFlush

DEA Agent
Premium user
420club
The White widow was its original name the breeder of it was shantibaba.

There were 4 partners in GHS shanti and his wife and Arjan and his wife and when the partnership ended shanti re named the white widow the Black widow.

The Widow is Brazilian sat x Indian Indica.

The White Family

The White Widow strain was responsible for a whole range of crosses/ variations, which is now known as the White family. As well as White Widow, the white family also has White Rhino, Great White Shark, and El Nino .

Shantibaba re named them Medicine Man, Shark Shock, and La Niña when he sold his % of GHS and started MrNice.

There are also un released White Family lines like White Butterfly that was offered only as flower threw the coffee shop.I am sure there were others also unreleased to i just cant remember the names.

Many will disagree with you on that, I know DJ9 did.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Many will disagree with you on that, I know DJ9 did.

Dj9 was not part of the GHS or was Nevil all of Nevil's work that GHS sold was breed by Nevil away from GHS and sold to GHS on consignment Nevil told me that.

Shanti gifted me the white butterfly and 2 more un released lines from the white family.

He also Gave me from the white widow breeding work different stages of its creation so why would shanti have these if he was not the real Breeder of the white Family ?.

Years ago i asked Franco in the GHS forum here what was the widow father called. He had no clue i know as all of shantis work he gave me were labeled and coded.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
The white widow is the reason i joined Cannabis world and the online community i was given a clone said to be White widow covered in resin that was shit weed i researched and discovered so many claimed to be the breeder of it.

How could a high times cup winner turn out shit so i researched saw the cup winner was breed by GHS and followed the trail to Shantibaba not complicated if you put some effort into researching the strains you grow Royal your reward is great cannabis.

RoyalFlush

DEA Agent
Premium user
420club
Dj9 was not part of the GHS or was Nevil all of Nevil's work that GHS sold was breed by Nevil away from GHS and sold to GHS on consignment Nevil told me that.

Shanti gifted me the white butterfly and 2 more un released lines from the white family.

He also Gave me from the white widow breeding work different stages of its creation so why would shanti have these if he was not the real Breeder of the white Family ?.

Years ago i asked Franco in the GHS forum here what was the widow father called. He had no clue i know as all of shantis work he gave me were labeled and coded.

No need to go on attack mode @hempy. An overwhelming amount of people claim to have grown WW "before" GHS starred selling it. The consensus was that WW was around way before Shanti.

I'm pretty sure Dark could share more info on this matter. I've grown the old WW from GHS and personally seen a BW grow, and I have to tell you it's not the same beast. Whether Shanti lost a parent or something I don't know but It's not the same, that's for damn sure.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
No need to go on attack mode @hempy. An overwhelming amount of people claim to have grown WW "before" GHS starred selling it. The consensus was that WW was around way before Shanti.

I'm pretty sure Dark could share more info on the matter.

The truth is not a hard thing to find Royal when you put some effort into it.

I always found the Pacific widow story comical some one took a clone from the widow plant on display at the high times cup (in full flower) re verged it and that is believable lol.

I researched the widow Royal enigma was a grower the clone he got came from shantis work.

RoyalFlush

DEA Agent
Premium user
420club
The truth is not a hard thing to find Royal when you put some effort into it.

I always found the Pacific widow story comical some one took a clone from the widow plant on display at the high times cup (in full flower) re verged it and that is believable lol.

I researched the widow Royal enigma was a grower the clone he got came from shantis work.

Ok lets go with the Shanti origin. @hemp could you explain why Black Widow doesn't come out exactly the same as what GHS had in the 90's?

If parents are supposed to be the exact same parents used before, why the sudden difference?

*I'm assuming you've grown both version*

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Ok lets go with the Shanti origin. @hemp could you explain why Black Widow doesn't come out exactly the same as what GHS had in the 90's?

If parents are supposed to be the exact same parents used before, why the sudden difference?

*I'm assuming you've grown both version*

You do realize its a hybrid Royal and not a stabilized inbreed line.

You will find plants from both sides of the spectrum and some in between.

I grew the MrNice seeds and i was extremely happy so much so i made a good amount of f2s from both the plants i selected.

RoyalFlush

DEA Agent
Premium user
420club
You do realize its a hybrid Royal and not a stabilized inbreed line.

You will find plants from both sides of the spectrum and some in between.

I grew the MrNice seeds and i was extremely happy so much so i made a good amount of f2s from both the plants i selected.

Yes @hempy I realize it's a hybrid but the sudden change I speak of is quite noticeable (haze looking plants, super long flowering times, ect..). I've grown more then one (12) pack of GHS WW and I can tell it's a big difference. The closest ww I've seen up to date came from Joey's gear.

Last edited:

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Yes @hempy I realize it's a hybrid but the sudden change I speak of is quite noticeable (haze looking plants, super long flowering times, ect..), I've grown more then one (12) pack of GHS WW and I can tell it's a big difference. Whether Shanti is the originator or not it's up for debate ( not by me ), the closest ww I've seen up to date came from Joey's gear.

That would be the Brazilian Sat side of the line yes i saw a few like that to but most were in between the sat and indica side.

So when did you grow out the GHS version and how many Mrnice did you grow.

I grew one pack out found keepers and have lots more stored.

So F2s are better okay if you say so.

MoeFunk

The cool thing about this Joey pack is that I got the full range of phenos to choose from. Smell on all of them is quite similar with a nice fruity bouquet. Still early though. Did you have a pheno you liked best RoyalFlush?

RoyalFlush

DEA Agent
Premium user
420club
That would be the Brazilian Sat side of the line yes i saw a few like that to but most were in between the sat and indica side.

So when did you grow out the GHS version and how many Mrnice did you grow.

I grew one pack out found keepers and have lots more stored.

So F2s are better okay if you say so.

Years ago, purchased from someone that just kept them stored away, of course there where some sativa leaners but nothing like the haze type that come in MN version. The mrnice version was done by a friend, it was an attempt to find the same plants ghs once offered. I'm not going to sit here and trash the whole line because there are some special girls in those packs to be found but in the end it's not the same, something changed.

Or maybe we changed? :chin:

RoyalFlush

DEA Agent
Premium user
420club
The cool thing about this Joey pack is that I got the full range of phenos to choose from. Smell on all of them is quite similar with a nice fruity bouquet. Still early though. Did you have a pheno you liked best RoyalFlush?

Not really, we just went with the most KO effect.

Cvh

Supermod
Friend loved the Nirvana WW found great plants in them to

Story is that the people from Nirvana seeds were among the first to buy a packet of seeds at the High Times Cup when WW was first introduced to the world.

They F2'ed the seeds and resold them since.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
You got any pics of yours Royal ?

Here are the 2 i selected as keepers

Indica Phino

picture.php
picture.php

Sat Phino
picture.php

picture.php

Cvh

Supermod
The sativa pheno on your pictures looks to me the most to the original cut.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
No pictures from that time, back then I didn't risk taking pictures nor getting on the forums.

Very nice plant's @hempy, and here I thought you only grew sativas and haze (besides that g13Sk)

I loved smoking both of the widow phinos the indica phino had the perfect sat indica affect real strong to.

The sat phino had this real spicy taste about it and high was super strong but very different to that of Haze.

alpo

I asked Shantibaba a few years ago and he said he lost the Brazilian Sativa - I asked why the Brazilian Sativa wasn't in any of his other strains; only the Black Widow and BW crosses

Latest posts

Latest posts