What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Old School White Widow

TheDarkStorm

Uhhh he doesn't change the subject at all and his definition of versions couldn't be more clear. He had the seed versions they had clone versions. Funny thing is if you actually grow more than two packs of all these guys gear you can see what he says is plainly obvious. Sounds like people are tryin real hard to make something out of absolutely nothing.

Exactly...how do you make a seed versions of a clone only white widow.....you copy the clone........exactly the way people tried to get cookies into a seedline......credit is due for getting that clone into a seed version....but then making out the clones fake later on an never giving any credit ever to the guy who worked the clone to what it was certainly isnt cool......people till this day laugh at ingmar..an call him a lier..an ingmars the guy who has been the most quietest of them all.

RoyalFlush

DEA Agent
Premium user
420club
Uhhh he doesn't change the subject at all and his definition of versions couldn't be more clear. He had the seed versions they had clone versions. Funny thing is if you actually grow more than two packs of all these guys gear you can see what he says is plainly obvious. Sounds like people are tryin real hard to make something out of absolutely nothing.

1.) Never grown Ingemar WW version.
2.) Did grow 90's GHS ww version.
3.) Personally experienced MRnice version, which even tho it was good, it wasn't the same as the original. I'm not saying the original seeds from ghs were from Ingemar's.
4.) Personally experienced Joey weed WW.

I also have some land for sale on Jupiter if you're interested

RoyalFlush

DEA Agent
Premium user
420club
No one has revealed the exact genetics gone into the widow....if you think you got f1 south indian x Brazilian lets see....cuz its actual a fact that any seeds sold under the white widow strain name are a back cross to a clone..an wer always like this....people can see wat shanti baba himself says face to face to people from the video....rather than someone hidding behind a screen who can make up anything......south india has loads if plants...most long flowering sativas....brazil has loads of plants..some seriously long flowering sativas too....people guessed roughly wat was in the cookies clone before the linage was revealed......its a fact that any seeds sold as white widow came from working a clone....an its a fact there has been a clone that got renamed white widow an has been in holland before shanti even got ther.....people who wer around at the time know this.........youd also be surprised at how many strains get sold as original f1's yet are seed versions(like shanti says) of selected clones.....if anyone cant believe wat shanti says ask him face to face Infront of other old timers who wer around an then see wat he says.

Interesting point, it does seem possible that Shanti could have BX the clone. Hopefully we could clear out all the smoke behind this.

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Exactly...how do you make a seed versions of a clone only white widow.....you copy the clone........exactly the way people tried to get cookies into a seedline......credit is due for getting that clone into a seed version....but then making out the clones fake later on an never giving any credit ever to the guy who worked the clone to what it was certainly isnt cool......people till this day laugh at ingmar..an call him a lier..an ingmars the guy who has been the most quietest of them all.

They got their clones from him...he says he made it that is why he has his m/f and they just reversed. Who fuckin cares? It is all the same thing. MNS when you grow out has a lot more trash phenos but all the same terpenes and looks and everything else of the multiple other white widow lines from Flying Dutchman to Seedsman to Dutch Passion. Everyone has their own fuckin version of their own selections within the widow pool. I have never understood everyones self righteous love of people they have never met and why any of it matters whatsoever.

1.) Never grown Ingemar WW version.
2.) Did grow 90's GHS ww version.
3.) Personally experienced MRnice version, which even tho it was good, it wasn't the same as the original. I'm not saying the original seeds from ghs were from Ingemar's.
4.) Personally experienced Joey weed WW.

I also have some land for sale on Jupiter if you're interested

Having grown out most white widows available from most of the noteworthy canna companies it was plainly obvious to me MNS had the giant gene pool and all the rest were people making their own selections within the line. Same thing goes for nearly every MNS line that other people also offer like SSH GWS and all the other old school stuff.

You guys are kicking a dead horse that died in the 80's/90's. Seriously it is fuckin 2020 who gives a shit about white widow or where it came from? Like get real everyone arguing, splitting hairs, and lawyering everyone word for word is just a bit antiquated these days.

These guys were all partners they all use the same genes just with their own selections.

PS go buy paradise Ice Cream and wallah you got a selfed worked version of ingemars widow precious widow you guys can dawn a suit of shining armor and take pic next to it for all of us lol.

Sorry just bein real /shrug

:wtf:

TheDarkStorm

They got their clones from him...he says he made it that is why he has his m/f and they just reversed. Who fuckin cares? It is all the same thing. MNS when you grow out has a lot more trash phenos but all the same terpenes and looks and everything else of the multiple other white widow lines from Flying Dutchman to Seedsman to Dutch Passion. Everyone has their own fuckin version of their own selections within the widow pool. I have never understood everyones self righteous love of people they have never met and why any of it matters whatsoever.

Having grown out most white widows available from most of the noteworthy canna companies it was plainly obvious to me MNS had the giant gene pool and all the rest were people making their own selections within the line. Same thing goes for nearly every MNS line that other people also offer like SSH GWS and all the other old school stuff.

You guys are kicking a dead horse that died in the 80's/90's. Seriously it is fuckin 2020 who gives a shit about white widow or where it came from? Like get real everyone arguing, splitting hairs, and lawyering everyone word for word is just a bit antiquated these days.

These guys were all partners they all use the same genes just with their own selections.

PS go buy paradise Ice Cream and wallah you got an S1 of ingemars widow precious widow you guys can dawn a suit of shining armor and take pic next to it for all of us lol.

No he actually makes a point of saying the cup winning plants came from his seeds an not the clone.....makes it quite clear the clone is not from his seed...I agree with you tho ....I dont support none of the guys who obviously made money from all the nonsense an stories....id rather stand by those evryday fellow growers who arent about ego an money..

RoyalFlush

DEA Agent
Premium user
420club

PS go buy paradise Ice Cream and wallah you got a selfed worked version of ingemars widow precious widow you guys can dawn a suit of shining armor and take pic next to it for all of us lol.

Put the crack pipe down, your makin assumptions that we are pro-Ingemar and anti-Shanti which is not the case. As Shanti said in the video, people get confused and mix the White Widow as if they are one, when it's not accurate.

THE FACTS ARE Shanti is the originator of the WW seed version, Ingemar is the originator of the WW clone version that predates Shanti's version.

It's all there clear as Day

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Put the crack pipe down, your makin assumptions that we are pro-Ingemar and anti-Shanti which is not the case. As Shanti said in the video, people get confused and mix the White Widow as if they are one, when it's not accurate. THE FACTS ARE Ingemar ww version predates Shanti's seed version. Shanti's seed version was the one being sold by GHS in the original release.

It just comes off that way when people are saying "shady shanti", saying he "tried to change subjects" (he answered directly and with clarity), and acting like ingemar was ripped off or something by everyone else. Where the fuck is ingemars widow offerings? He have any lines for sale anywhere? He even have a seed company? I mean its been how many years, lol? What other lines has he 'made'? The only thing he seems to have ever had "originally" is only available through another breeder that did the work named Paradise Seeds.... I mean comon I don't think I am too far off with my thoughts of what is going on here, but I could be since I just read the last few posts of the thread.

Yup not off with my thoughts come to think bout it....

RoyalFlush

DEA Agent
Premium user
420club
It just comes off that way when people are saying "shady shanti", syaing he "tried to change subjects" (he answered directly), and acting like ingemar was ripped off or something by everyone else. Where the fuck is ingemars widow offerings? He have any lines for sale anywhere? The only thing he seems to have ever had "originally" is only available through another breeder that did the work named Paradise Seeds.... I mean comon I don't think I am too far off with my thoughts of what is going on here, but I could be since I just read the last few posts of the thread.

De sjamaan - is his seed company, which offers his WW version. Its been available thru the tude for years now (not promoting Ingemar, just replying).

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
De sjamaan - is his seed company, which offers his WW version. Its been available thru the tude for years now (not promoting Ingemar, just replying).

God about fuckin time for someone who had the line since 1994....

Comon now I think yall are making lines in the sand for battlegrounds here that aren't necessary. Shanti covered it in the video, "we had seeds, we were breeding, we had a seed company, he had a clone did his own thing with it, we took our parental stock from GH and moved on with our own company and line..." (Paraphrased). What is the big deal/conspiracy here?

Seriously grow them out and you will see they are playing in the same gene pool. Having said that I'd be buying seedsman, DP's, and flying dutchmans, over anyones current WW offering. Seedsman has that real deal acrid, fuel, look at and it looks like the old school cup winner shit. DP has similar. Flying dutchmen and MNS had the best fruity and spicy phenos. GHS was so awful I would try again just to see if it was low numbers I only saw like 8 females rest were multiple packs. Low yield seemed inbreeding depression on GHS too. Flying dutchman had the best tropical fruit brazilian floral phenos. Flying Dutchmans is what made me love widow.
DP and Seedsman made me respect the high.

Oh and last but not least ingemars widow worked by Paradise seeds very unique take on widow. Flying dutchmen the most unique.

EDIT: For those looking at me sideways when I said seedsman...

https://www.instagram.com/p/CAvAM8PKhes/

Pictures speak a thousand words. That is the widow most know in the 98-2000~ in the US. Last time I had it was in florida around 2009. That is the one that won those cups and has the heavy high.

RoyalFlush

DEA Agent
Premium user
420club
God about fuckin time for someone who had the line since 1994....

Comon now I think yall are making lines in the sand for battlegrounds here that aren't necessary. Shanti covered it in the video, "we had seeds, we were breeding, we had a seed company, he had a clone did his own thing with it, we took our parental stock from GH and moved on with our own company and line..." (Paraphrased). What is the big deal/conspiracy here?

Seriously grow them out and you will see they are playing in the same gene pool. Having said that I'd be buying seedsman, DP's, and flying dutchmans, over anyones current WW offering. Seedsman has that real deal acrid, fuel, look at and it looks like the old school cup winner shit. DP has similar. Flying dutchmen and MNS had the best fruity and spicy phenos. GHS was so awful I would try again just to see if it was low numbers I only saw like 8 females rest were multiple packs. Low yield seemed inbreeding depression on GHS too. Flying dutchman had the best tropical fruit brazilian floral phenos. Flying Dutchmans is what made me love widow.
DP and Seedsman made me respect the high.

Oh and last but not least ingemars widow worked by Paradise seeds very unique take on widow. Flying dutchmen the most unique.

EDIT: For those looking at me sideways when I said seedsman...

https://www.instagram.com/p/CAvAM8PKhes/

Pictures speak a thousand words. That is the widow most know in the 98-2000~ in the US. Last time I had it was in florida around 2009. That is the one that won those cups and has the heavy high.

This is almost comparable to the Cookie crap with the Forum Cookie cut vs Fortune Cookie BS. Ones a clone, the other a seed.

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran

So whered the male come from after 20+ years? Why is it listed as only fruity (Flavour: Fruity, Soft, Strong, Sweet)? The widow that won all the cups was the acrid citrus fuel pheno ;)

Oh that is right because when you grow his shit out he has almost none of the gene pool compared to MNS version (which has fuckin everything trash included you see all terpene profiles and structures in mns line that you see in everyone else lines)....just like when you grow out paradise version of ingemars clone it is only sweet too...

;);)

RoyalFlush

DEA Agent
Premium user
420club
So whered the male come from after 20+ years? Why is it listed as only fruity (Flavour: Fruity, Soft, Strong, Sweet)? The widow that won all the cups was the acrid citrus fuel pheno ;)

Oh that is right because when you grow his shit out he has almost none of the gene pool compared to MNS version (which has fuckin everything trash included you see all terpene profiles and structures in mns line)....just like when you grow out paradise version of his clone it is sweet too...
So did you actually grow out his version from his seed company or are you just talking out of your ass?

I told you to put the pipe down a while ago, you still keep talking about this shit like their the same shit when it's not.

;) ;) ;)

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
So did you actually grow out his version from his seed company or are you just talking out of your ass?

I told you to put the pipe down a while ago, you still keep talking about this shit like their the same shit when it's not.

;) ;) ;)

As I stated I grew out Paradise fem version of his clone...don't need to grow his newly posted WW line to know by description what it is. Not to mention you can ask the breeder himself what is in in his line and his answer is just as posted in his description on his own website that I quoted ;)

He took shantis line and selected to fruity side. His maybe better than my favorite Flying Dutchmen I don't know and wouldn't care if it was, point still stands shantis line has all phenos available from everyone else line. His story is obviously true through growing out everyone else. I don't need to grow it out when I have grown out everyone else version 2-4 packs deep and observe the story from shanti in direct observation. Not only the white widow line but all the other controversial lines he has been apart of.

PS if you want an awesome SSH fastracked go to GHS. MNS is a pheno hunt like all other lines but GHS has solid wow crazy yield and quality SSH fem. I don't have sides or an obvious axe to grind; firsthand observation and experience above all else.

RoyalFlush

DEA Agent
Premium user
420club
As I stated I grew out Paradise fem version of his clone...don't need to grow his newly posted WW line to know by description what it is. Not to mention you can ask the breeder himself what is in in his line and his answer is just as posted in his description on his own website that I quoted ;)

He took shantis line and selected to fruity side. His maybe better than my favorite Flying Dutchmen I don't know and wouldn't care if it was, point still stands shantis line has all phenos available from everyone else line. His story is obviously true through growing out everyone else. I don't need to grow it out when I have grown out everyone else version 2-4 packs deep and observe the story from shanti in direct observation. Not only the white widow line but all the other controversial lines he has been apart of.

PS if you want an awesome SSH fastracked go to GHS. MNS is a pheno hunt like all other lines but GHS has solid wow crazy yield and quality SSH fem. I don't have sides or an obvious axe to grind; firsthand observation and experience above all else.

So from your experience seedsman had the best White Widow, even better then MRNice?

texasjack

From classic Seeds "Ingemar bred White Widow and nobody else."

Classic Seeds WW from Ingemar x Classic Seeds Romulan Joe IBL..
picture.php

It wasnt just a cut he had seeds. Classic got seeds from him. Supposedly he got 1 of the parents outa hash. Thats not unsually for back then. The Afghani used to breed the real and original Hawaiian Afghooie(Afghani x Maui Wowie) came outa kilos of black hash so did the Afghani in Maui wowie(Afghani x Mexican)

DNA uses Ingemar WW.
White Walker Kush - Grow Your Own by DNA Genetics Cannabis Seeds

White Walker Kush is a cross of Ingemar cut of White Widow that has been kept alive in the mother room since 1988 in Holland and super strong Skywalker Kush cut from California. This sativa dominant plant produces super frosty flowers and large yields of resin. Impact of both parents makes White Walker Kush an above average plant in the end weight department. Expect Skywalker Kush flavour with the bud structure and overall weight of the White Widow.

Genetics: White Widow (Ingemar cut) x Skywalker
Type: 40% Indica / 60% Sativa
Flower time: 8-9 weeks
Yield: 450-550 m2

Sex: Feminized
Type: Indica & Sativa
Flowering: Photoperiod
Height:
Area: Indoor & Outdoor
Genetics: White Widow (Ingemar cut) x Skywalker

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
So from your experience seedsman had the best White Widow, even better then MRNice?

MNS has the gene pool. You can find everything in it. This is also the bad part though, because the vast majority of phenos were not acceptable by modern standards. He has the fire, but you need 2-4 packs to find it and his packs are 16-23 seeds deep. You could clearly see not just in WW, but in SSH, GWS, and White Rhino that he had the gene pool he just didn't bottle-neck and go for what most consider IBL these days (despite his 1 to 1 views gene pool is massive). He kept 'the ark'. This is and was great for the gene pool, but as a new grower I would never suggest starting with MNS gear. That is for professionals and breeders or connoisseurs. Go with the fem and more highly inbred versions if you don't have 4+ lights (in 1 gallons) to dedicate to a strain and throw away or hash 90% of the harvest. That is being straight up and real.

Yes Seedsman and DP have the best acrid fuel phenos. You will find plants like the pic I posted that look exactly like the acrid fuel citrus widow pheno that won all those cups and has the high to go with it. That picture is the jaw drop fuck that is old school widow cup winner even though it isn't the clone that won all that, it is picture perfect copy. The downside is flavor. Just like the super spicy (think el-nino) red forest fruit phenos you don't get flavor with all the other bells and whistles. This is why I hated GHS version = cardboard flavor.

The reason that the tropical fruit floral pheno won my favor is the awesome Brazilian sativa high on-top of FLAVOR + SMELL (it grows like an indica bush asking for praise and finishes at 45-53 days). In today's world in the U.S. if you don't haveflavor, smell, and high you are mids. It is expected to have all 3 for top-shelf. That is not to discount the worthiness of breeding potential or other amazing traits plants have to offer, but to me, the fruity tropical floral phenos in WW genes are the apex of the strain. They have the 'holy-trinity' of traits in the line. Those are the phenos that should have won all the cups imo.

So to sound off...even though it seems obvious to me Shanti has the 'ark' gene catalog having grown out everyone involved's version, I really want to try Ingemars fruity versions to compare to Flying Dutchmen's. I promise everyone the sweet and bliss high was where it was at in the WW. The acrid fuel citrus pheno was the 'commercial crowd pleaser'. I give respect to its power, but the invigorating high and smell that comes from the mentioned favorite is unrivaled. To put into perspective this is the difference between haze and indica in the most 'layman' of terms. I saw every pheno worth keeping in Flying Dutchman's version. It was a more refined WW, but Shanti's breeding motives have never been to 'over-refine' (think straight dutch caliber ibl's), it was to provide a vigorous and robust gene pool.