What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Exploring lunarcy phases with Apollo 11

hydroclops

You can pick you friends and you can pick your nos
Veteran
Awesom pics bro, and as promised here is my 8 year old A11.

Stay safe and high.
.......HYDRO.......

Buddle

Veteran
NICE!!!! I know the AP 11 is one of your alltime faves.In fact you recommended them to me in one of our very first pms back in the day.I finally grew one a couple yrs ago outdoors and she was beautiful :)
Like everyone else I look forward to seeing things progress.

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hydro, my :tiphat: off to you, keeping her going that long!
Hope you come back when those cuts are blowing up! :D

Buddle, always a pleasure! :wave: Thanks for tagging along!

Was a real busy day today in the garden. I gave all the tent plants a good flush. Here's what they are looking like @ day 45.

Apollo #6
picture.php

Apollo #10
picture.php

Apollo Trip #1
picture.php

Apollo Trip #2
picture.php

Apollo Trip #3
picture.php

Apollo Trip #4
picture.php

The Apollo males were killed off mid-week after doing their deed to GPC #1, who was brought back over to the tent.
The pollination room was scoured clean and outfitted for vegging the 'Flying Tigers'. The 4 C-99's were transplanted and 8 Flying Tiger's, before I ran out of pre-rinsed coco. I broke up and rinsed more coco and will transplant the other 10 'FT's' tomorrow.

I found another 'Magic Haze' seed earlier in the wk. and it popped today. I sowed 30 F13 X A11's today too. :)

I'll leave you with a shot of my two original GPC's.
GPC #2 on the left at 25 days, GPC #1 on the right @ 32 days.

Apollo 11 GPC's
picture.php

:tiphat:

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
This is a great thread.

I have the RM's Floating Genie which I haven't popped yet. Very interested in the Apollo/Genius lines...

Keep up the great work Highlighter

:)

Bi0hazard

Veteran
HL,

Those Apollo's and ATrips are looking incredible. You really have some gem's from the original Grimm pack. Keep us posted, these are the types of threads I've been waiting for.

:tiphat::tiphat:

hydroclops

You can pick you friends and you can pick your nos
Veteran
tanks HL, I just striped the lower half, put her in a new pot and will give a couple of weeks and flip her.

BTW those babies of yours are looking awesom.

Stay safe and high.
........HYDRO........

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks everyone! Good to have you all aboard! :tiphat:

Buddle, the airpot w/ the GPC #1, is in promix. Last plant in soil, everything upcoming are in coco.
Finished transplanting the 'Flying Tigers' today, all in 1 gal airpots.
I can get a good look at a # of plants using these.
Here's my new veg area. 18 Flying Tigers, 4 FLT C-99's, (in the corners), and 2 A11-GPC's under a Sun Pulse 600w MH.

picture.php

TB Gardens

Veteran
Hey brother - sorry I'm late for the show, but I just read thru it all & it looks great! So how are u liking the 350 magenta? I agree, I'm pretty sold on LED as supplemental light in a room. I don't have confidence in it's penetration power, so using in conjunction with HID has been doing really well. I don't have anything that big, mine is only a 150, but I bought it because the diodes used were apparently sourced from a special manufacture, so the nm are perfectly tailored over 3 spectrums to hit the peak production ranges of clorophyl a, b, and something else ;-). According to the company, all other LEDs on the market - no matter what brand name, we sourced from 1 manufacturer in China that sold industry standard LEDs, which are close to the right wave length, but not hitting peak production for clorophyl. So far my ladies love it, but I can't tell any significant difference from the 90w light house I was using before - which was 1 spectrum blue... Sorry for rambling :joint:

Anyways, nice stuff! My a11f13 lady is stinking up the room! The male I kept around is sinfully smelly & has really thick stems. Plan to collect the great males I come across from all these genes, and start chuckin my own pollen! I found a suuuper diesel smelling skunk, started reakin in early veg, maybe that'd be a nice cross to the stinky a11f13 male - look for a pheno that pulls weight like the skunk, and retains the stench from both :blowbubbles:

G

guest121295

Nice clean tent HL, that place is going to be chock full in a very short time.Apparently after 7 days of 12/12 the Apollo cut has taken off big time.My buddy was raving about it.I'll have to go down there tonight, I don't get out much.:)

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Oh boy, you're not kidding! The FT's & C99's were in cups for 7 wks.
A little root pruning, transplanting, feeding, & xtra light and ~POW!~ off they go! :D
I'm real excited about the FT's. I did such a piss-poor job growing out the 'Golden Tigers' that I look forward to seeing what these do.

TBG, great to have you here!
Jury's still out on the Kessil. Really need to run it side by side w/ the same cut to see the dif, but the more light the better w/o the heat.

I've got 23 F13 x A11's sprouted so far. Gonna be doing quite a juggling act, we'll see what falls!

Pics up this weekend. :ying:

Ottoman

Color me gone
Veteran
Damn HL, looks like your got plenty of plants to find some real winners,everything is looking clean and healthy....How big you plan on getting the FT's before you flower them?

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
How big you plan on getting the FT's before you flower them?

Hey Otto, hopefully they'll get in the tent in the next few weeks, as space opens up.
I'll only run 2-3 FT girls full-term. My main agenda is to find males to whack the A11-GPC with. :)
A few days after the transplantings last wk. I noticed a few plants throwing pistils. I waited til today to fully examine.
Two of the FLT C-99's are gals. I'll take one full-term. The other two seem to be males, and if so, will be used on a A11-GPC.
Six of the FT's are girls. Two of them I'll flower out.
I numbered the FT's from smallest to largest, and didn't top/take cuts of the #1,#2, & #3 plants.
Here they are today.

#1, on the left, is female, and will be flowered out.

Here's the two tallest FT's.

The one on the left, (#14) is female. I will flower her out too, just to see the stretch. The 3rd girl I keep will be from the "undecided" plants, yet to show sex.
The cuts/toppings I took from these are starting to root. Seven "undecided's" were taken from the cloner, potted up, and put in 12/12 today.
Joining them today under the UFO were the A Trip's I will use for making F2's, along w/ a A11-GPC. The Trip male will join them next wk.

Of the 30 F13 x A11 seeds I sowed last wk, I now have 24 sprouts.

Lastly, here's the VNT x Meao Thai's @ 38 days.

Back tomorrow w/ pics of the Apollo's/Trip's. :tiphat:

Bi0hazard

Veteran
My main agenda is to find males to whack the A11-GPC with. :)

Two of the FLT C-99's are gals. I'll take one full-term. The other two seem to be males, and if so, will be used on a A11-GPC.

Joining them today under the UFO were the A Trip's I will use for making F2's, along w/ a A11-GPC. The Trip male will join them next wk.

Of the 30 F13 x A11 seeds I sowed last wk, I now have 24 sprouts.

Back tomorrow w/ pics of the Apollo's/Trip's. :tiphat:

Great news all around. I can't wait to see all these males hit the A11-GPC! It's like you are redoing all the classics again and beyond... Bringing these almost lost holy grails back to IC MAG.

A11 bx's, A11-GPC x C99, A11-GPC x Apollo's Trip!, and new directions like Flying Tiger x A11-GPC. Hmm.. Do you think the 55 day flowering time of A11-GPC could help bring down the flowering time of lots of hazes while preserving the clear soaring qualities. It might even help reduce 'jitters' and paranoia when crossed to strains known to cause those side effects...

I finally have a friend in cali who said he would pass along the A11-GPC to people well versed with stable sex reversal - who hopefully will turn the GPC cut into male form. I really think this is where the unlocking of A11's beauty can be intertwined through the vast amount of legendary cuts in the scenes - instead of having to S1 all the legendary cuts, then guess which males would be accurate representations of the original cut - it's more of a blind pinata swing than a calculated phenotype breeding project - which on the other hand a Male A11-GPC could provide - within it's range of poly-hybrid expressions. But the top name cuts' original state could be preserved prior to the breeding - with an A11-GPC male. Lol I'm gonna make this happen one day. My promise to the cause =]

This redux of the A11 crosses is great - because I was personally pretty disappointed with the Joey Weeds A11's and C99 x A11's. They were mostly puny plants, that were all way more on the c99 side of things - at least with the 5 phenos of each I tried. With a pretty mild high - although some cool pineapple smells along the growing process, again much more c99 dominant.

This is almost surreal to see this go down. Can't wait to see some updates on the Flowering A11-GPC cut!

This Thread rocks!

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thx Bi0, I'm indebted to you for helping steer me up this path. :)

Here's the A-11 GPC #1 makin' the Apollo beans. :D
picture.php

She's @ 40 days flower.

The GPC's smell nothing like my Apollo's. I've always thought my F2's were 50/50% Cindy/Genius. They retain the zig-zagging of the Genius, but the pineapple/tropical overtones of C-99.
The GPC's have a pine-y fuel smell going on that's pretty interesting. See how it evolves to "lemon".

A11-GPC could help bring down the flowering time of lots of hazes while preserving the clear soaring qualities.

That's in the works w/ these Nev Haze f2's I found in Chaco's 'Magic Haze' pheno.

This has been my go-to smoke since I got it 2 1/2 months ago. :rasta:
I'm praying for a male!

Here's the Apollo's & Apollo Trip's @ 53 days. Thinking 60 days for the A11's, 65 for the Trip's. We'll see!

Apollo 11 #6
picture.php

Apollo 11 #10
picture.php

This plant is the chunkiest, and I gotta think the Kessil's helping out on that front. :yes:

Apollo Trip #1
picture.php

Apollo Trip #2
picture.php

Apollo Trip #3
picture.php

Apollo Trip #4
picture.php

The Trip #1 has been throwing nanners for a few weeks. They seemed to be sterile, but I may have seen a seed forming. :rolleyes: The cut I had of her was killed off.

Trip #2 my 2nd fav, good branching & girth to buds. Making F2's w/ her.
Trip #3 has the skimpiest buds of the Trip's and very long branches. Her cut was eliminated too.
Trip #4, my long-time fav, rivals the A11's for chunky buds & frost.
Needless to say, she's in the F2 program.
The Trip's have little stink unless rubbed. Something sinister is wafting thru the undertones, a rotten sweetness souring up.

Thanks for checking them out! :tiphat:

Last edited:

Bi0hazard

Veteran
^ Made my day. Beautiful specimens all around. A truly wonderful preservation of phenos from the original Brothers Grimm packs. The more variety we have preserved and crossed the better, and they are all impressive in appearance and yield - the seeds coming out of these are going to have some legendary phenos for sure. Definitely hold on to your Apollo/Atrip female phenos for a while or help get them preserved =] they look outstanding.... Definitely worth preserving.

The A11 #6 is straight dank! #10 looks like a gorilla arm, Apollo's Trip #4 has purple expressions naturally! You wouldn't happen to have any more F13 males or even better A11xF13 males to cross into Atrip #4 - I think the color expressions from those seeds could be near sub-cool status =]

The A11-GPC should turn that piney-ness into a Lemon Pinesol smell =] Although, I've always done it in DWC hydro - so there may be some olfactory variation from soil/coco. I'm definitely interested to see how it turns out in soil.

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Strass, Darwin will be sending in some F5's to SB in the near future.
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=191154&highlight=Apollo

I don't know the status of the Swan Song/Rez joint effort.

It will be a while from me. When I sent in beans before, SB really needed it. Nowadays, it's become popular to send X's in, so there's a glut of options. This affords me the time to put in the work and test anything that I'd consider sending in. It would be F2's of the X's I'm making now. :smoke:

Bi0, all the Trip's have purpled a bit in the leaves w/ cooler night temps. The calyx's are all green tho.
I'm using the A11 #6 & #10 in most of the breeding I'm doing w/ the GPC. ;)
From yr's of growing these, these two are winners in my book.
:dance:

I have the GPC #1 in soil and the GPC #2 in coco, fed dif nutes, and both are identical in smell. PineSol for sure, but a bit of menthol and something else too. :chin:

antheis

Veteran
i popped a five pack of FLT c99 late last year, and only two germed.

i have been vegging them out under 12/1 light schedule to sex them before they go into flower. turns out i have one male and one female. both plants are similar in structure (branchy and double serrated leaves) which is to be expected on a fifth generation in cross.

i planed on just collecting pollen from the male, but he is showing the 'zig-zag' growth pattern (as is the female) which is making me curious as to whether i should take cuttings of him.

i don't know if fairlight made selections for this trait or not, as information on these beans are hard to come by. https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=149615
is the only decent thread about these guys.

hopefully i'll find something magical and be able to make my own beans to satiate my obsession.
:plant grow: