What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cannabis Fasciation

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
DOH! The one link didn't copy correctly and I can't edit my posts yet. IDK what happened.

Juicy fruit. Almost done. The mother plant is starting to throw some weird branches.

Attachments

• gti 129.jpg
    gti 129.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 40
  • gti 131.jpg
    gti 131.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 41

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
^^^DAYUM!!!
summitoker that is one super nice plant, purps & yellow, red hairs.... sexy. do i see 3 fasciated tops on that ?
sweet

Tom Hill

Veteran
hmm, a house with a solar panel saves money on electricity because it is collecting sunlight. Leaves are the plants solar panels, the more it has the more it can collect. The more it can collect, the more energy it has to work with. Its an old argument, is the energy it takes for a plant to grow leaves wasted, or is it a wise investment for the future? It certainly takes a bit longer, but is the equation of time invested v bud harvested favourable or not? this is the question being debated. The truth is, as with everything in nature, variable from individual to individual. Anyone claiming the same principles of eugenics should be used in all breeding projects is missing the point. Diversity in a species is beneficial to the species. Therefore to my mind, each breeder should have different selection criteria to his particular program, and that will lead to the greatest variety within the species as a whole. When we say everyone should make the same selections we are entering a world I don't want to live in.

I feel the thought is a somewhat 2 dimensioned effort. For you to have 3 leaves, solar panels, or multiples beyond any damn thing that happens naturally, that which happens naturally will suffer for lack of, and otherwise misplaced energy. Eg, I guarantee you without reservation that your tri's, on average, will be shorter due to this phenomenon. The broader view is that while bearing that feature, the stalk will be shorter, root system weaker, and overall gross phenotype will suffer, for it has not the same drive to be otherwise, and the over all magic of exponential growth, drastically reduced. FFs, look at those plants stopping in their tracks, are we blind? This is what all these types of arguments will boil down to at the end of the day. -T

Tom Hill

Veteran
I don't care, I don't smoke the stalk

But you spoke of yield you nimwit, and yield is an accumulation of many factors, and they all feed each other, it is not so fucking simple as looking at leaves for fucks sake! Leaves, stalk, they are all weight that give pressure for the root to grow. All of these things add up exponentially, feeding each other, to create overall energy accumulation. These is the 3 dimensional view of wtf is going on. Eventually observation will bring you too, to this conclusion. :)

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
lol Tom, I'm sending a batch into seedbay, lets see what the end users have to say on the subject, and this argument will be settled once and for all.
Lets just say for now, I don't agree that some lanky plant with few leaves and bud sites will out perform something I'd like.

Tom Hill

Veteran
eg, if I give my plant 24 hrs of light it will be short, nodes tight, and numerous, but overall phenotype (weight of the plant) will be more if I give it 15 hrs of light only. A plant that weighs more, or gives more pressure to the root by being taller, or both, will grow more root, and have the ability to yield more. It is not just a solar panel calculation. All of these things feed each other, focus too closely on one, and you're in 2 dimension land... -T

Tom Hill

Veteran
lol, no way the masses will settle anything, I will tell you how it is, I am your best source of information :D

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hay what is this abnormality called ?? I have seen people refer to it as polyploidy

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
hehe, Tom, over the last 8 years (since joining here) I have learned a lot, from yourself and others, but there's no one I enjoy arguing with more than you. On most things you are a great source of info, but when it comes to my Tri's, I learn more from watching them, than I do arguing with you about them.
You have yet to realise that when I make one comment in one thread, I am not seeking to reveal the answers to the universe, but to merely make one point. That one point is normally not the sum total of my knowledge base. I wish you'd give me a bit more credit at times, but hey, it's normally fun.

Tom Hill

Veteran
It's not polyploidy, it's just confused growth, and it's a mistake to see any value in it.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Tom's right, it's not polyploidy, but I feel there is a value to tulips and roses without being able to smoke eat or treat illness with them. If something gives you pleasure, it has value.

Tom Hill

Veteran
I value your input more than most GMT, sincerely. And had I known that you were up to anything but toying around in your closet I would have maybe not rode you so hard, my apologies and if some professional courtesy is to be extended I can think of few other folk I'd prefer to grant it to. Regardless I feel you do have some dedication to the science, and on this particular corner of said science, I do feel I am correct, but we shall see, shant we... :p

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I agree with Tom. I have had this a few times. The funky bud was not as good as the normal buds. The ones I have had where hard as a rock most of the top had to be cut away..Theres allot of leaves in it as well.

Tom Hill

Veteran
the funky bud though is in no way correlated to quality, only to the morphological areas, it is in these areas that render the phenomenon substandard, no others. -T

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Thankyou Tom, I appreciate that, as I've said before, it started toying around, it was a a trait that could be spotted immediately, and that in itself made it a great subject to look at genetic inheritance, and to prove the "theory" of evolution to some of the creationists around the place. If I had known then the complications associated with this trait, I wouldn't have started this task. But somewhere along the 12 years I've been breeding these to each other for toying around's sake, it became an obsession, and the interest that others have shown in the trait, the opportunity that the existence of seedbay offers, have finally collided into a seed release. I'm not a professional, I'd feel like a fraud if I were to claim that title, just an obsessive hobbiest. Don't give a second thought to our disagreement on the subject, I know the devil on your shoulder sometimes makes it to the keyboard, and he's given me plenty of marketing for my strain :)

Tom Hill

Veteran
hey man, I was in the same boat as others re this trait is associated with the y chromosome or at least masculine modifiers so I am a humble student and you the teacher in that particular scenario. I very much value your work, and insight thereof, but you gotta know, I'll have a hard time not callin em like I see um. :)