What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cannabis Fasciation

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
this one is almost ready to harvest

picture.php

Last edited:

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hammerhead, got us a smoke report on that fasciated bud, hahaha, looks sexy for finished meds,
also, my driz fasciation is getting very topheavy, the extra stem doesnt really help vertical stability at all in this case.... less smell, less upright...

Ive had one plants with a stem like that and i had a swiss cheese that i harvested 3 weeks ago which had one branch top bud which looked just like that centipede thingie! on the first plant i had that on it was a WW clone which i supercropped, then it turned flat haha

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i hacked the head off my fasciated drizella, it hermied like a sonofabitch, tossin out nanners like crazy right from the main top, along that centipede lookin top bud.

the base of the plant is still growing, pics soon come

Budderball

Not my pics or plants, but figured I'd share since it's pretty rare.

(credit goes to HighOnTheHill on grasscity.com forums)

RKnmMiB.jpg

3qwjXow.jpg

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
I'd be more inclined to say genetic. Not that I know for sure but I've got a seed line I created last year that exhibits this trait in about 10-15% of the offspring.

Summittoker,
Did you get that JF as a clone? That looks exactly like the one I used to make my seeds. Would be nice to get that back again as she's some superb smoke. At least I think so.

So to be clear you have a seed line that exhibits fasciation in 10-15% of the plants? Were the parents both fasciated? So you have or have seen male fasciated plants?
-SamS

T

Terps

I had a DP blueberry fem about 5 or 6 years ago that grew fasciated. Was the worst leafiest bud on the plant. Interesting to look at though.

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
did you see my lifestar that fasciated?? (lol) after major thrip infestation stress testing? Stopped throwing growing tips and only grew leaves! didnt have room to play with it any further. You can kinda see the flattened stem portion.

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I let the thrips go to town, this one plant showed weakness to them, her sisters and brother were all healthy as can be and did not get the major thrip damage despite being in the same environment and conditions, I call this thrip resistance factor. Thrips can cause major damage to the growing tips on young plants, much different than what you see on older plants. it was damaged horribly then i spinosad the room and pots and when she started recovering this is how she started growing fasciated...

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
So to be clear you have a seed line that exhibits fasciation in 10-15% of the plants? Were the parents both fasciated? So you have or have seen male fasciated plants?
-SamS

Sorry Sam, I didn't see this.

Anyway, only the mother (CO Juicy Fruit cut) was fasciated & I have not seen a male but haven't kept any, from this line, until recently either. I really need to grow more of those seeds before I spit out numbers. I had about 3 or 4 plants show the trait on my original test run of 20 female plants but haven't seen any since. I'm making F2s this season and is why I kept the males.