What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ReikoX's Workshop 2021

G

:laughing:cannabis seed sprout tea man that's awesome. Who needs barley.
wish we could get the jacks here in oz

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Thanks for stopping by ..............

Cannabis seed sprout tea should contain 100% of what the plant needs. I think I could have used a bit more. I only used two tablespoons, about 4x less than the amount of barley I usually use. Barley is a lot less work though. Maybe one day we will be able to purchase malted hemp seed.

I imagine Jack's would cost an arm and a leg to ship out there. I'm sure you could find the calcium nitrate and magnesium sulfate pretty easy. Maybe a 20 lb bag would be worth the cost. Green Leaf Nutrients makes a similar 2-part formula, perhaps that would be available.

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
So that OG kush auto is still stalled out.
PicsArt_04-06-09.31.57.jpg

So I popped a couple of these.
PicsArt_04-07-10.06.15.jpg

And squished some Ghost Rose x Cookie Devil.
PicsArt_04-06-09.32.57.jpg

Last edited:

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
I went down the CO2 rabbit hole yesterday. My pulse grow monitor has been giving me low CO2 warnings (<390 PPM) for the last week or so. I already have a 20lb CO2 tank and getting a controller and solenoid for it would set me back about $350. That didn't seem to deter me, but when I tried to figure out how long a tank would last me, I got a bunch of different values from 10-44 days. These calculations depend upon room volume, lights on time, and how well sealed the environment is. I could handle swapping tanks every 30 days or so.

Calculating the volume of my entire room, it is roughly 10'x10'x7.5' (750 cubic feet). So to figure out the CO2 required to raise the level to 1000 PPM, I would multiply that by 0.001 (parts per million). In my room, I would need a total of 0.75 cubic feet of CO2 to hit my target of 1000 PPM.

Assuming a 100% air exchange every 2 hours (air leakage through cracks and doors) is normal in most grow rooms. So, I would use 0.75 cubic feet of CO2 every 2 hours or 0.375 cubic feet per hour. I would need 6.75 cubic feet per day using an 18/6 light cycle and 4.5 cubic feet per day using a 12/12 light cycle. A pound of liquid CO2 contains 8.741 cubic feet of gas, so my 20lb. cylinder will hold about 175 cubic feet of CO2. So the CO2 tank should last me about 25-39 days depending on the cycle.

Back when I was running small cabinets, I had this idea to use one of these acid/base CO2 generators. I bought it and never got around to using it. Last night I hooked it up. I added 200 grams of citric acid and 600 ml of water in one bottle, and 200 grams of baking soda and 200 ml of water in the other bottle. The tubes create a siphon that pulls citric acid from one bottle into the soda of another bottle. This creates a chemical reaction that generates pressure and CO2. I had it setup to release around 2 bubbles per second and had moderate results, I at least didn't get any CO2 warnings from my monitor, but it also started at a bit higher of a value than it has the last few days.
PicsArt_04-08-11.40.45.jpg

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
JLO F2 just a little over three weeks from germination. I expect the autos to start showing sex over the next week or two.
PicsArt_04-12-11.32.20.jpg

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
No-till beds at day 27F. I'm seeing a little bit of an early fade, it looks better in person. Right now I'm thinking I increased the lights too soon. I bumped them up from 70% to 100% when I flipped to flower to try to keep a similar DLI. Next time I will wait until the stretch is over and see what happens.
PicsArt_04-13-11.43.41.jpg

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
After four weeks of a 20/4 light schedule, I'm pretty sure all of the autoflowering plants have showed. As of last night, I am down to four autoflowering plants. Out of the 24 plants I starte, I ended up with three females and a male. I went ahead and moved these to the QT tent for the next week so the male can pollinate them. After that, I'll kill the male and move them back to the veg room.
PicsArt_04-19-09.28.25.jpg

Next for the cannabonsai project, I am going to start the plant growing around the rock. First I carefully peeled the cup away and gently worked the roots out of the soil.
PicsArt_04-19-09.28.58.jpg

Next I used a spray bottle with RO water to gently remove the remaining soil and get a good connection between the rock and the roots.
PicsArt_04-19-09.29.40.jpg

Finally, I cut up an old plastic bottle and built up some more coco around the rock and the roots. I also decided to move the rock over a bit to get the plant to lean over. We will see if I killed her in the next couple of days.
PicsArt_04-19-09.30.12.jpg

So the OG Kush auto that wasn’t growing finally decided to give up. I replaced it with this Amnesia XXL auto.
PicsArt_04-19-09.27.52.jpg

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Ive done some curing of my rosin, but I normally smoke it too fast to get a good cure. :biggrin:

eyesdownchronic

Ive done some curing of my rosin, but I normally smoke it too fast to get a good cure. :biggrin:

:laughing: haha i get that
whenever i smoke my fresh press it crackles alittle bit and seems to leave some residue. from both flower and hash. and the taste is very planty. not really sure what im doing wrong. wondering if you had any insight?
:comfort:dont mean to hijack your thread.

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
My guess is the flower isn't quite cured/dried enough. I usually dry a week, then cure in the jar at least a week before pressing. I do have one cultivar that is planty even after months of cure, so it could be genetics too.

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Haven't been showing much of these as they don't look too hot. Here we are at day 41F. ICookies on the left, Cherry Tart in the middle and on the Right.
PicsArt_04-27-08.33.32.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	PicsArt_04-27-08.33.32.jpg Views:	0 Size:	141.7 KB ID:	17843327

The bonsai isn't doing too well either. I think I did it too early and I keep forgetting to water the poor thing.
PicsArt_04-27-08.32.27.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	PicsArt_04-27-08.32.27.jpg Views:	0 Size:	118.5 KB ID:	17843328

This one is still alive though.
PicsArt_04-27-08.28.46.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	PicsArt_04-27-08.28.46.jpg Views:	0 Size:	196.0 KB ID:	17843329

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
A couple of weeks ago I was playing around with the acid/base CO2 generator. It was a fun project, and I had marginal results. It would probably be a viable solution for a small 2x2 space. You may get the same results with one of those mushroom bags they sell. Anyway, I broke down and ordered a CO2 regulator and controller. Last night I finally got around to installing it. I installed the controller in the veg room under my LED drivers, with the 20 lb CO2 tank below it. I still need to organize the wiring a bit. My plan is to keep the tank and unit in the veg room, but put the probe and the CO2 tubing through the wall into the flower room. I bought some CO2 tubing that is drilled that I will also mount to the ceiling. I will likely keep it setup in the veg room like this until after this round finishes flowering.
PicsArt_04-29-11.24.05.jpg
PicsArt_04-29-11.23.33.jpg

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Loving the fade on this ICookies.
wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==

The Cherrt Tart don't look too bad either.

wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==

Latest posts

Latest posts