What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Guawi

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Welcome Luiggi :)

Thanks for your interest in our work and for your support. Glad our team was kind and helpful. Your Guawi looks ripe enough in your pics, it's a Tikal pheno. The yellowing and burnt leaves could be due to feeding/ph unbalance and salt bulit up. Do you measure the ph and ec in your waterings and feedings ? To avoid this i would also recommend you to transplant to final pot once the plants are in just starting to flower, in that way the plants will have new soil during flowering and will show much lesser deficiencies and feeding unbalances.

Also, to avoid the loss of seedlings, try to germinate them and grow them in their first weeks of life in a more isolated and protected place far from other plants in the garden, at least until they are big enough to survive to pest attacks, so they will have much lesser chances that snails or others insects or animales can eat them.

Hope you enjoy with your Guawi harvest!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi MountainKush,

The new Guawi looks very Hazy-Tikal :) not so Malawi, that's for sure. Try to measure accurately the ph and ec for her feedings and gently increase the nitrogen and micronutrients.

Mountainkush

Hi MountainKush,

The new Guawi looks very Hazy-Tikal :) not so Malawi, that's for sure. Try to measure accurately the ph and ec for her feedings and gently increase the nitrogen and micronutrients.

Thanks for looking out Dubi
I wish I had done it a lot sooner but I did stop starving her a few days ago. It was being fed the same as my Tikal that I’ve been scared to over feed but finally decided to put in on the main tank.
Things got away from me while I was on vacation with my wife and I’m playing catch-up now. I’m used to though since something always happens and I figure after a while maybe I’ll learn how to grow properly. I hope
She’s starting to green up and look a lot better. I’m just hoping it didn’t get too stunted.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Mountainkush

6 weeks
I just can’t win sometimes. This poor lady was starved and then over fed. I hope she’s back on track now but we’ll have to wait and see.
It has a great creamy fruit smell that reminds me of candied apricot I think. It’s mouthwatering!
Also love the messy looking pistils
picture.php

picture.php

Mountainkush

This has to be one of the best smelling plants I’ve ever had in my tent. I messed up a bit but looks like I’ll still get some good flowers to try. Had an early sample in my vaporizer that was delicious. That was around 10 weeks and was pretty strong at that point so probably won’t let it go too much longer.
8 weeks
picture.php

10 weeks
picture.php

12 weeks
picture.php

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
So glad to hear it MountainKush :) Glad the most enticing Tikal terpenes are loud in your Guawi female, looks also dangerous and very resinous Malawi style.

A good flush is recommended to make sure your flowers don't store unnecessary extra nutrients and to let the terpenes shine in the most natural possible way.

ColaCalyx

Guawi 2018 harvest. Smelled like plumerias when I cut her down. Super tropical fruit funk and dense powerful buds. The high got me in the zone for hours.
20181004_125811.jpg

Very vigorous grower. I set up the cage and that's it, it grew naturally with no support or staking. I'll be making another order in the future.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Beautiful ColaCalyx :dance013: thanks a lot for your feedback. A pleasure to admire your 2 Guawis from 2018 outdoor season.
Sounds like you got one leaning Tikal in terpenes while the second one was more Malawi scented. Glad both produced potent and quality sativa buds of your taste ;)

dillycid

Here's my 4 Guawi's. What phenos are there?
Guawi 1.JPG

Attachments

• Guawi 4.JPG
    Guawi 4.JPG
    79.1 KB · Views: 114
  • Guawi 3.JPG
    Guawi 3.JPG
    79.7 KB · Views: 110
  • Guawi 2.JPG
    Guawi 2.JPG
    82 KB · Views: 109

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi dillycid, thanks for sharing pics of your 4 Guawi girls. All 4 look mostly Tikal to me from here, although i would need to look them closer, smell and vape them to fully confirm. Kindly post closer bud pics now during October and try to describe the aromas of each one.

dillycid

Here's some pics. As far as aromas I can't really say, my smeller is not so good these days.
G1a.JPG

Attachments

• G1b.JPG
    G1b.JPG
    73 KB · Views: 94
  • G4a.JPG
    G4a.JPG
    65.3 KB · Views: 95
  • G4b.JPG
    G4b.JPG
    80.2 KB · Views: 98
  • G2a.JPG
    G2a.JPG
    60.4 KB · Views: 97
  • G3b.JPG
    G3b.JPG
    74.4 KB · Views: 89
  • G2b.JPG
    G2b.JPG
    66.3 KB · Views: 93
  • G3a.JPG
    G3a.JPG
    69.2 KB · Views: 87

dillycid

Maybe these are better closeups.

Attachments

• Guawi#1 (2).JPG
    Guawi#1 (2).JPG
    82.3 KB · Views: 103
  • Guawi#2.JPG
    Guawi#2.JPG
    68.9 KB · Views: 101
  • Guawi#2 (2).JPG
    Guawi#2 (2).JPG
    66.3 KB · Views: 106
  • Guawi#1.JPG
    Guawi#1.JPG
    63.2 KB · Views: 102
  • Guawi#4 (3).JPG
    Guawi#4 (3).JPG
    73.2 KB · Views: 109
  • Guawi#4 (4).JPG
    Guawi#4 (4).JPG
    70.5 KB · Views: 107
  • Guawi#3 (2).JPG
    Guawi#3 (2).JPG
    72.1 KB · Views: 101
  • Guawi#3.JPG
    Guawi#3.JPG
    69 KB · Views: 98

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi dillycid, sorry for my delay in the reply. Thanks for posting closer pics of the flowers.

Appearance during growth, flower distribution and even flower/leaf ratios are mostly Tikal on all of them, but they are all showing in your October pics the dense Malawi nugs and big trichomes. The terpenes also speak a lot about of the final qualities of each plant.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Syd Barrett, always a pleasure to see you have included some ACE genetics in your garden :) thanks for that friend.

The peach incense is becoming a signature terpene profile of latest Tikal generations and latest Tikal hybrids too.

Hope you are having a good start of autumn :ying:

btw dillycid, forgot to add, your Guawis look ripe enough in your latest mid October pics, well done ;)happy harvest!

dillycid

Thanks Dubi.
Yes I pulled 3 of the 4 yesterday @ 91/2 wks. with 1st day of flower Aug. 21. The other one was my guess to be a male so I moved it out side the greenhouse which I black out at night (light pollution issues) I was wrong so I transplanted her in ground and built a frame around so I could black her out thus she is about 2 wks behind. About the Malawi size buds, yes as big around as my arm and dense! You know theres something all three have in common as far as aroma but I can't associate with anything. Any hints?