What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Recycled/Reused/ Reammended/Reloaded/ Reupped/Retarded

John Deere

Veteran
...Thanks for the explanation. So, these no till people, they never add back any ammendments? I'm curious as to how the herd stays fed. I'm not sure I have the balls to attempt a no-till. This recycled thing is easy as pie enough for me, and so far I am loving the results.

Top dress, brother. No need to tear up all those nice networks your microherd has built. Kelp, ewc, maybe a bit of neem...no need to go crazy and add everything each time. Less is more, especially if the previous grow went well.

Plants look great. Nice job.

Lapides

Rosin Junky and Certified Worm Wrangler
Veteran
Wow that Casey is just phenomenal. And all the earlier flower shots are setting up proper. That cheese is gonna stack.

Do you know what pheno of LA you have? I had one for years that grew super slow, had super fat fingered leaves that turned nearly black, and had these amazing purple black bubba kush like nuggets that tasted like nothing on this planet. Cant wait to see how yours fills out.

Can you break down a little more detail on your beds? You mentioned you are just now playing with fewer plants. What was your old method?

I ask so many questions cuz ive been getting great results plugging 6-9 clones into a 20gal smartie and flippin it down right away. Lookin at ways to reduce veg time in soil and it seems giving them an enormous container helps to get closer to the type of stretch you see in dro.

Finally, are your beds custom made or just 8 75 gal smarties? Im really stoked to see how much ground you are covering with 2k. Its amazing to see log cola chunks like that with 25w/sf!!
Thanks bro. The CJ's are at 71 days today. This past Friday I was thinking they'd be ready for the chop today. But they really could go a couple more days I think. Some of the closeups I'm posting today indicate some clear heads still.
I don't know specifically which pheno of LaCon this is. I got it from a F.A.M. that got it from another F.A.M. If I remember correctly, it's supposed to be really good for back pain. Not that I suffer, but I'm sure someone down the line in my circle does.
My beds are custom made. 2.5'x5'x1'. Made from pretty thick plywood, dont remember exactly, but more than 3/4". I lined each bed with thick black plastic. Filled bottom with 2 inches of hydroton. Plastic chicken wire on top of that. Landscape weed fabric on top of that. In each corner, I put a 16" long, 3" diameter pvc pipe 1 inch into the hydroton. Then I fill with my mix. I made my set of 4 beds JUST AFTER I found out about GeoPlanters. My next grow I will be using them. Just like big, bed-style smartpots, and less than a 3rd of the price of building these beds but none of the work. The beds will last forever, so whatever.
When I was in pots, I would grow 20 per light in 3 gallon pots. About 1 plant per square foot. Since I've moved to beds, I've been reducing that to as little as 2 per light, like with those Caseys. I like the results these CJs have given me. I just have to organize my veg game and I should be good. Within the next week or so, I'll be making shelves with arrays of a bunch of cfls and on the shelves I'll install a screen for the plants to grow into. When these CJs come down, I have 4 plants taking their place, all monsters - a indy bgum, pre98 bubba, shire, and schrom.

A really interesting farmer to read about no-till techniques and such: Masanobu Fukuoka - guy was really quite amazing with his agriculture and what he did. Just some free time research.

Plants are looking great, Lap! :respect:

I would also suggest that next time you re-amend the soil, you add some dry molasses (1c per tub) to the mixture. Ladies really seem to enjoy it. Another thing you might consider, is food grade diatomaceous earth (1/2c per tub) for a bit of quick acting silica to offset the long term break down rates of the greensand.

Then again, lol, you might just want to leave well enough alone - looks as if things are working mighty fine the way they are! Great to see you running a thread! I always loved watching you work!

:lurk:

dank.Frank
I checked that guy out a little. He's a pretty interesting guy.
I've been adding liquid molasses once a week, but I suppose if I could find some dried around here and mixed it in, it would make my life easier. I live in an area where there is are a lot of farms and it's time I start venturing out and sourcing some new stuff closer to where I am.

These look great Lapides!
Thanks for coming through again!
Dude I'm running the White Jones..... Your Casey shots have me sooo excited!!! Thanks a bunch man!!!
My pleasure :)

Drunk pics are better than no pics!
Bravo sir :woohoo:
Hey bro, nice to see you coming by again. I was pretty wasted that night, I couldn't tell what was what I and was beyond labeling shit when I took them off my camera.

Jesus! Those Casey's are freakin monsters! :respect:

Time to play some ball........Lap is bringing the bats!!
Yeah man, they're easily some of the biggest producing plants I've ever grown.

Top dress, brother. No need to tear up all those nice networks your microherd has built. Kelp, ewc, maybe a bit of neem...no need to go crazy and add everything each time. Less is more, especially if the previous grow went well.

Plants look great. Nice job.
Hey man, Nice to see you stopping by. I will maybe eventually get to trying no-till. At this point, I am beyond pleased with the results so far from what I've done, and it is by far the least amount of effort I've ever put into a grow. The effort involved in lightly mixing my amendments 4 inches into the dirt is extremely minimal, and with 8 inches of dirt undisturbed, I'm can't imagine that my herd is still pretty happy.

Lapides

Veteran
So here is how things are progressing.
Completely problem free.
It's just set it and forget it mode from here on out.
I still do give them a weekly dose of molasses but aside from that and occasionally moving a leaf out of the way, I do nothing but admire the beauty of them.
I'm at 33 days and I really am very very excited about all 4 of these.

Here's the SSH. I love the frost on these.
hkZB158.jpg

zpVI7fi.jpg

6ilhqgE.jpg

yHx5IKC.jpg

q92hZgn.jpg

Lapides

Veteran
Here are some LDawg.
I'm not sure, but someone told me this is also the FAMILY cut.
I don't know if there are 2 cuts of the stardawg/legend og cross money mike made, but this is one of them.
Either way, I am very very excited to see what this plant does in my garden.
The first time I smelled this herb, it literally brought tears to my eyes because it was so pungent.
And that was just from a couple grams.
I can't imagine how loud a pound or more can be:biggrin:
So, I took close to 100 million pictures of her last night, but for the life of me, could not get ONE that I was really happy with.

Here are a few that I settled with tho -
9946GIi.jpg

UVbKHoc.jpg

2WvLKSn.jpg

FNoaomT.jpg

Lapides

Veteran
Next are the Cheese.
I've grown this plant several times. I really like it.
It's seems a little sensitive to nitrogen and weird shit like too much breeze. The buds still come out phenomenal if they're near a fan, but the fan leaves get ugly a little fast.

SMChkwS.jpg

l3Bga8M.jpg

uehW7GI.jpg

rVe2rtP.jpg

tudJZzS.jpg

Lapides

Veteran
The LaCon. I'm really like this girl a lot.
This plant is super easy to grow.
I put 3 in the bed instead of two because I was told they don't stretch much.
In this bed I used a bag composted manure/compost mix and compost/biochar mix from Lowes that was super cheap.
It was only 10 dollars and I would have spent 40 on EWC.
Plus I was just really curious to see how it would do.
The other beds got EWC.
These LaCons seem to be loving the cheap shit.
j8f1uds.jpg

DrHDfdK.jpg

ytNuZgw.jpg

kRAiCua.jpg

6vzF5p7.jpg

Green81

Veteran
Really nice gardens, you making it look to easy! :)
I think I'm going to try a no till garden pretty soon.

Peace

G81

Lapides

Veteran
And finally these Casey beasts.
I turned the temps down pretty low for the last couple of weeks.
For the past week, my highs have been about 72/73 and lows around 63/64.
It looks like the buds are turning kinda purple.
It reminds me of pictures of pot I saw like 10 years ago but I can't remember what it was.
Anyhow, these things are huge.
You'll see in the last few pics that a fair amount of trics are still clear. I'm gonna let them go a little more and keep a close eye on them.
8QyuN2R.jpg

OE1XOT2.jpg

8FdpVWi.jpg

v0fyrvG.jpg

lgT0uk6.jpg

Yeah, those are nanners.
The cooler temps this round staved them off for quite awhile, but they're starting to pop pretty good now.
I heard the pollen is sterile, but I'm glad my gardens are separate anyway.

Lapides

Veteran
Ain't it grand, man? Just keep em watered and stay out of their way. Nice work, Lapides.
Yeah bro, it's really great. The blumats keep them watered perfectly. As soon as I get around to installing toilet float valves on my rezes, I won't even have to top of my rezes anymore.

Really nice gardens, you making it look to easy! :)
I think I'm going to try a no till garden pretty soon.

Peace

G81
I make it look easy because it is. In over 15 years of growing, this is the easiest thing I've ever done.

B

Bag

DAYUM lap going ham up in here !
cant wait to see that tha la con is the best with the cheap poop, i been screaming manure, i hope it works out cause people give me shit about it .