What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Gorilla Glue #4 - Part II

hey guys just wondering whats the protocol if you spot a dud in the garden?? i had a few go dud this round....i saw someone posted a pic in the start of this thread of one.. do you guys recommend dropping it and sourcing another cutting elsewhere? i really want to keep it.. but im worried about ruining other genetics. has anyone figured out a way to fix this problem yet??? sorry if this isnt the place for this.. tried reading some of the other threads and they are so all over the place its hard to determine what is the right steps to take...
awesome pics guys and thanks for any imput!

Second round ready!!!

Second round ready!!!

Hi people,ready for a second round,see what i get this time

Changed my set up,gained lots of height so i can give proper veg(am plannig around 21/28 days veg),moved from 24x3ltrs pots to 9X11 ltr pots under 600w.The babies arrived 4 days a go they are at 0,7 EC with lots of root stimulant on 1 ltr pots(from the time being),from tomorow will bring it up to 0,9 EC,planning to keep it between 0,9/1 EC all veg period,will be topping them whenever i see,there is some very good examples in the post on how to do it and am sure i will get help from you people to get the best out of it :woohoo:
picture.php

That's a nice and clean setup you have there...
Thanks!!!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
the best thing that happened to me as a grower was to come across this post,after years ,growing weed became an automatic thing to me,sometimes better than others,but without excitement,since i discovered this post and see the love some of you people put into it ,excitement is back, am enjoying growing again,cant wait for this batch to grow and start working on them,learning new things and other ways really makes me happy!!!

GG4 & SLG at 60 days (SLG = super lemon glaze = super lemon haze x GG4 )

View Image

this tray is all GG4

View Image

this tray has 3 SLG in back & 2 GG4 in front

View Image

GG4

View Image

SLG

View Image
Hi Dan
Would it be much to ask if you can take a photo from the side on the 60 days tray?is to see the extent of how much do you clean of leaves,buds etc under the nets,my new set up pretends to be a copy of your one,am in no hurry!!
Thanks in advance :tiphat:

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi Dan
Would it be much to ask if you can take a photo from the side on the 60 days tray?is to see the extent of how much do you clean of leaves,buds etc under the nets,my new set up pretends to be a copy of your one,am in no hurry!!
Thanks in advance :tiphat:

yeah i can do that . i harvest one tray last night , but the other tray is there for another week , plus i stripped the legs on the other side at 21 days , i'll get pics of that too .

the tray i harvested last night ....... no popcorn buds at all !!!! every single bud was sellable !

superjet

GG#4 @ 17-18 days

GG#4 @ 17-18 days

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
my second attempt at the #4. she's a light feeder for sure, time to cut back on the nitrogen, ha ha, she's not getting fed that much and it's still too much! figured I'd try topping this run with a couple trellises to catch those flimsy branches. this plant branches out like no other. I will make adjustments with future runs but decided to let these run wild, no trimming or pulling leaves. pulled seven zips dry from my first test run with her only taking her to eight weeks and a couple days. this is a cool plant!

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
oh, by the way, that's only six plants in there.

Really get after all your lower larf and sucker branches starting now. Hit them again in another week in order to spread the defoliation out. If you are feeding organically then I also would not cut back on the Nitrogen all the way. I would still give them 25% full strength strength or top dress them with some neem seed meal or other seed meal for consisten nitrogen release until end of flower.

Grizz

Veteran
so glad to have the real deal now that i know duds R in circulation

duds can happen at any time , no one has really ever figured this problem out, I have never had a dud from gg4, I did from gg1 but not 4, you can get one branch on a perfect plant that will dud, it has nothing to do with it being the real deal

superjet

Really get after all your lower larf and sucker branches starting now. Hit them again in another week in order to spread the defoliation out. If you are feeding organically then I also would not cut back on the Nitrogen all the way. I would still give them 25% full strength strength or top dress them with some neem seed meal or other seed meal for consisten nitrogen release until end of flower.
You are absolutely correct. I'm growing using a combination of both. I didn't touch the first plant I grew out and it had surprisingly nice buds all the way down. I think I'm going to just let them do their thing this time and make adjustments next time around since I'm so lazy. thanks for your advice, I'm all ears.

superjet

duds can happen at any time , no one has really ever figured this problem out, I have never had a dud from gg4, I did from gg1 but not 4, you can get one branch on a perfect plant that will dud, it has nothing to do with it being the real deal
my take on the "dud" phenomenon is they are root issues from over watering.....period. I've had what looked like a classic dud or partial and have pulled it through. maybe I'm wrong, I just think I'm the greatest (hahaha!!):biggrin:

whatsmells

The duds were not from over watering. All my plants get the same amount of water but up until the last few runs I had 1 to 2% duds. I starting using chitosan and poof, they all went away. Same thing with a few other growers that I know. The duds looked like they were seeded but with no seeds, no frost and smelled like hay. Hopefully they are gone for good with me and everyone else. Chitosan is the chit.

~star~crash~

you can't contain the reek...even double vac bagged:biggrin:

thank U josey .. i've 2 beautiful healthy mother plants & will be preserving this miracle

ps i grew up watching HEE-HAW

whatsmells

hey guys just wondering whats the protocol if you spot a dud in the garden?? i had a few go dud this round....i saw someone posted a pic in the start of this thread of one.. do you guys recommend dropping it and sourcing another cutting elsewhere? i really want to keep it.. but im worried about ruining other genetics. has anyone figured out a way to fix this problem yet??? sorry if this isnt the place for this.. tried reading some of the other threads and they are so all over the place its hard to determine what is the right steps to take...
awesome pics guys and thanks for any imput!

I guess there are some duds still out there.
Read this. https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=251272

Get some chitosan from china. It worked for me.