What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Honduras sativa

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Yep. Damping off. Drying out. Nothing was working. The soil in the pictures with the damping off was my attempt at figuring it out.

I go to Roatan often to dive. I get my weed from a waiter I know there. At first it was $60 and I'd get a tiny bag of weed. It's about $250 a pound there for the Trash. Seeds are the same price. Lol It's been 4 years, and i still pay tourist prices, but it's not as stupid. We smoke every day, all day for about 120.

Roatan is a single 4hr flight from here so i go a couple times a year if i can. First language on the island is English and some barely speak spanish. Food is 100% American unless you travel the costal villages. Then it's amazing sea food. If you go, stay in West End for cheap rooms, or west bay for something nicer.

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
Fun thread. I bought seeds two years ago but didn't pop because I worried it might be too nervous and electric of a strain. But my recent Honduras x panama success changed my mind. Incredible weed! The Honduras breeze was OK too but only so-so flavor. I have a couple of packs of Guatemala too so will try those as well.

Got two Panama x Tikal outside this summer and they are looking beastly.

SolarLogos

Yep. Damping off. Drying out. Nothing was working. The soil in the pictures with the damping off was my attempt at figuring it out.

I go to Roatan often to dive. I get my weed from a waiter I know there. At first it was $60 and I'd get a tiny bag of weed. It's about $250 a pound there for the Trash. Seeds are the same price. Lol It's been 4 years, and i still pay tourist prices, but it's not as stupid. We smoke every day, all day for about 120.

Roatan is a single 4hr flight from here so i go a couple times a year if i can. First language on the island is English and some barely speak spanish. Food is 100% American unless you travel the costal villages. Then it's amazing sea food. If you go, stay in West End for cheap rooms, or west bay for something nicer.
That is really cool. I used to skydive back in the 80', but I think you're talking a different diving.:biggrin:
I lived in Hawaii and used to snorkel. We're going to Jamaica for 2 weeks and I'm getting my diving cert. I checked out Roatan on Tripadvisor and it's beautiful. Cheap too! That may very well be our next trip after Jamaica. Thanks for the info my friend!
Peace, God bless

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi TychoMonolyth,

Since you comment very often about the pristine effects of the honduran sativa you got from Roatan (qualities that our Honduras also has) i always wondered how both wouldd compare, would be great to make a side by side growing comparison of both Honduras sativas!

Great report. Very similar to the Honduran i smoked on Roatan. Locals call it Trash, but it's gold for this lightweight because there's no hint of anxiety or paranoia. Just a productive bliss that lets me focus like a laser on a task. It's a creative inducing smoke for me. I actually do shit i would normally put off until tomorrow. Lol

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Hi TychoMonolyth,

Since you comment very often about the pristine effects of the honduran sativa you got from Roatan (qualities that our Honduras also has) i always wondered how both wouldd compare, would be great to make a side by side growing comparison of both Honduras sativas!

For sure. If the heat holds this fall, I'll have female seeds. Remember, I'm trying this outdoor at 45n. I'm going to take a couple cuts and try my hand at cloning. They're just going into flower now.

I'm heading back there this winter for a supply of regular seeds anyway.

Are yours mainland or island?

Sadly it's getting pretty cold where I'm at. They had a cal/mg deficiency for a while and I couldn't afford anything outside of paying my bills and rent, I dosed them up well and got a greenhouse as well last month, they stay nice and warm during the day 25-27 C°. Or 77-80 F°

BUT, at night the temps drop to
Around 5-6 C° or 40° F...

So I have a feeling the low temps are affecting the all my plants metabolism and causing nutrient lockout. They're holding up for now. Despite the evening temps, nobody is dying, though some leaves aren't looking great, and the buds are still growing. Going to attempt to insulate my greenhouse with bubble wrap and pray it stays more insulated.

Attachments

• 20191011_170714.jpg
    20191011_170714.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 48
  • 20191011_170707.jpg
    20191011_170707.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 69
  • 20191011_170654.jpg
    20191011_170654.jpg
    164.9 KB · Views: 55
  • 20191011_170636.jpg
    20191011_170636.jpg
    162.3 KB · Views: 55

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi JudahsSceptre,

Such low temps during half part of the day really stop the flowering potential of tropical sativa genetics of this kind.
Nonetheless, i always respect northern growers with the courage to grow tropical sativas outdoors, wish the day temps remain high as many days as possible.

An Honduras x Thai cross sounds like pure electricity! ;)

Sadly it's getting pretty cold where I'm at. They had a cal/mg deficiency for a while and I couldn't afford anything outside of paying my bills and rent, I dosed them up well and got a greenhouse as well last month, they stay nice and warm during the day 25-27 C°. Or 77-80 F°

BUT, at night the temps drop to
Around 5-6 C° or 40° F...

So I have a feeling the low temps are affecting the all my plants metabolism and causing nutrient lockout. They're holding up for now. Despite the evening temps, nobody is dying, though some leaves aren't looking great, and the buds are still growing. Going to attempt to insulate my greenhouse with bubble wrap and pray it stays more insulated.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi TychoMonolyth,

So nice to have the chance to learn in more detail about the flowering traits of your honduran sativa,
amazing she has the chance to ripen planted outdoors in the ground at your latitude.

Yours looks very interesting, a bit more columnar and broader-leaved than our Honduras line,
yet showing very nice sativa traits now in flowering, with purple hues that resemble a bit the purple pheno of ACE Honduras.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Thanks dubi.

I had a bitch of a time getting it to grow. I had to really dig and research hard to get them to grow. I found an archeological paper dating back 50 years. Gotta love scientists. They recorded everything including all soil conditions and even the PH at different depths and mapped the majority of the island (Roatan). I did my best to reproduce conditions at the surface and managed to get these two to make it past a seedling. Then I chose a fern covered location to grow them. I had to cut a few small (6 foot) trees to give them sufficient mid day sun.

The high is fucking beautiful. I pulled a bud out last night and entered nirvana shortly after and stayed there for a full 2 hours until I fell asleep :)

Buds are gold balls, not too tight, but not airy per side. Nice.

Now I need to go back and get more seeds to do a side by side with yours.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
So glad to hear you managed to harvest her long enough to still be able to give you that blissful clean effect you miss so much :)

Thanks dubi.
Now I need to go back and get more seeds to do a side by side with yours.

hehehehe that would be fun! :D Enjoy and have a lovely day!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
UniqueFlower's pure Honduras grow

UniqueFlower's pure Honduras grow

UniqueFlower kindly sent me last week pics of his Honduras finishing in a greenhouse and i'm still speechless when i look at them:chin::tongue: Congrats to him :trampoline: Simply amazing!

Attachments

• Honduras UniqueFlower cola finishing.jpg
    Honduras UniqueFlower cola finishing.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 96
  • Honduras UniqueFlower harvested cola.jpg
    Honduras UniqueFlower harvested cola.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 105
  • Honduras UniqueFlower plant ripening2.jpg
    Honduras UniqueFlower plant ripening2.jpg
    175.7 KB · Views: 100
  • Honduras UniqueFlower plants ripening2.jpg
    Honduras UniqueFlower plants ripening2.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 111
  • Honduras UniqueFlower plant finishing2.jpg
    Honduras UniqueFlower plant finishing2.jpg
    244.9 KB · Views: 99
  • Honduras UniqueFlower bud finishing2.jpg
    Honduras UniqueFlower bud finishing2.jpg
    189.8 KB · Views: 94
  • Honduras UniqueFlower bud finishing.jpg
    Honduras UniqueFlower bud finishing.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 104
  • Honduras UniqueFlower bud harvested.jpg
    Honduras UniqueFlower bud harvested.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 107

SolarLogos

UniqueFlower kindly sent me last week pics of his Honduras finishing in a greenhouse and i'm still speechless when i look at them:chin::tongue: Congrats to him :trampoline: Simply amazing!
You said it perfectly. You know how I feel about Honduran, my favorite strain of all time for an early morning smoke to start each day. Those pictures are very inspirational. Thank you so much UniqueFlower and Dubi for posting.
Peace, God bless

SolarLogos

Nice mid to high teens weather so they're still in the ground.

View Image

View Image
Man, that is one tasty looking Honduran! Are you planning to bring back more seeds from the island? Any way of doing a reproduction with open pollination and do some selections? That would be a fun one to explore and work with. I may have my wife talked into going to Roatan Island next time we schedule a vacation. When I do, you'll have to get me the waiters name, haha. Kidding of course, I usually have a way of finding my way around:biggrin:
Nice job my friend,
Peace, God bless

Latest posts

Latest posts