What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Colorado networking

CowboyTed

Well, after searching for a while, I finally found the site rules for posting. It seems that we are breaking the rules by discussing possible swaps openly, so we probably need to delete some of our discussion here, and take it to PMs or email, or maybe some kind of local face to face gathering.

I'll send PMs to the folks who are interested in swaps, and we can decide in PMs how we want to communicate in the future. If anyone has free time Saturday and feels like a drive into the country to enjoy a J while admiring a great view of Pikes Peak, This is your invitation. PM me for the address (near Elizabeth). I can show off my recently completed grow cabinet (a converted armoire that would be a great stealth grow.)

Here's the rule I found, indicating that our current discussion in this thread is off-limits, regardless whether swaps are legal in Colorado. Let's honor the site rules and find a different way to discuss local swaps.:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]7. Solicitations: Threads or posts soliciting or offering the buying/selling/trading/swapping/testing/giving of seeds, clones, pollen, cannabis, hash, money or any other substance or article is not permitted and will be deleted, with the member subjected to banning without warning. Threads or posts dealing with illegal drugs other than cannabis are not permitted and will be deleted.
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] 7a. Wish lists of varieties placed in posts, threads, or the members 'signature line' area will be deleted by admin as doing so is deemed an attempt to circumvent site policy regarding solicitations.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

Last edited:

BOMBAYCAT

Veteran
Hey Defacto: If you answer lots of threads, that will count towards the total. Also get a discussion going in old stoners crash pad or in the tokers den. The posts will add up very fast.

Defacto

Weird, I thought you only got credit for one post per thread but it seems I just got credit for that test post so I must be wrong.

CowboyTed

Weird, I thought you only got credit for one post per thread but it seems I just got credit for that test post so I must be wrong.

Yeah, I reached my first fifty posts by posting only in ten threads or so. The only limitation I know is that your posts and replies in the "Introduce yourself" threads don't count toward your total.

Be warned that the mods look down on "turbo-posting" to reach the fifty post minimum, so try to keep your posts substantive. I like the "four words game in the tokers' den to build posts quickly. It's also easy enough around here to browse the grow diaries and dish out fifty compliments. Nobody objects to compliments, and there are lots of grow threads around here that deserve them!

Defacto

I'll send PMs to the folks who are interested in swaps,

Wish lists of varieties placed in posts, threads, or the members 'signature line' area will be deleted by admin as doing so is deemed an attempt to circumvent site policy regarding solicitations.[/SIZE]

I suggest that we do not discuss swaps at all, even in PMs. Besides being against site policy, it is illegal in Colorado. We may gift only. No swap, trade, barter or selling.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
real shame icmag can't help facilitate meetups in localities that are legal
i reached out years back when legalization about an icmag meetup somehow.... sadly didn't get the response i was hoping
i'll reach out to the admins and mods and see if we can get some situation for colorado peeps to network properly without breaking TOU

on another note; what are some events yall enjoy, anything that happens regularly? i went to ambrosia daze in colorado springs, it was great, top quality hash for sure
i used to love chilling at studio420 and ibake lounge before that (ibake still exists, cheap entry, not a bad place to link and network in person) in denver, colorado springs has a few decent clubs, we used to chill at the speakeasy but now there are a bunch of them; dab lounge is renamed... i've heard of a smoke lounge with a pool (green summit?)

Defacto

Yeah, I reached my first fifty posts by posting only in ten threads or so. The only limitation I know is that your posts and replies in the "Introduce yourself" threads don't count toward your total.

lol oops, I figured saying welcome to the "Introduce yourselves" was a nice way to up the post count.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ya introduction space doesn't add to post count and i think there may be one other section where posts don't go toward your count, i never understood that, considering mods keep an eye out for turbo posting pretty vigilantly

CowboyTed

So, Defacto, since this is a networking thread, tell us about your growing experience, and what you'd like to achieve. I can easily imagine a substantive discussion on that subject that will build some posts and serve as genuine networking too.

I'm new at this game, both using cannabis and growing it. I was one of those goody-two-shoes types who avoided cannabis for decades because it was illegal. You Coloradans will be glad to know that I didn't live here when the ballot initiative passed, since I probably would have voted against it. Now I've seen the light, and clearly.

I moved to Colorado just after legalization for recreational use. During the move I suffered some kind of brain chemistry glitch brought on by the stress of the move. I started suffering debilitating depression and anxiety, and my mother-in-law encouraged me to try the cannabis cookies she used to treat similar brain dysfunction. (How many people can claim that their seventy-year old MIL got them started using cannabis?!)

Thankfully, while it's certainly no cure, cannabis helps - a lot. The daily suicidal thoughts and anger management problems have subsided. In fact, they are no problem at all when I'm even mildly high. Unfortunately, my work requires a clear head, so I still struggle with those problems during the workday. Evenings are far more pleasant, though.

My goal in growing and using cannabis is to find the right strains, or the curing process, or the dosage that will allow me to chase away the anger and suicidal thoughts during the workday, but keep my head clear enough to work. Then I hope to slowly wean myself off of prescription medications.

I'm thankful that the staff at the VA medical center are far more supportive of cannabis use than their employers are. They can't prescribe it, but they happily discuss the fact that I'm using it, and most of them are encouraging about it. Not once has anyone at the VA suggested that I should stop using it.

Last edited:

CowboyTed

i reached out years back when legalization about an icmag meetup somehow.... sadly didn't get the response i was hoping
i'll reach out to the admins and mods and see if we can get some situation for colorado peeps to network properly without breaking TOU

on another note; what are some events yall enjoy, anything that happens regularly? i went to ambrosia daze in colorado springs, it was great, top quality hash for sure
i used to love chilling at studio420 and ibake lounge before that (ibake still exists, cheap entry, not a bad place to link and network in person) in denver, colorado springs has a few decent clubs, we used to chill at the speakeasy but now there are a bunch of them; dab lounge is renamed... i've heard of a smoke lounge with a pool (green summit?)

Thanks for going to bat for us with the admins and mods.

I'm certainly sympathetic to the risks of open discussions on a site like this, both risks to the site admins and to the posters. There are just too many jurisdictions around the world with very different laws. I'm sure that some of our users are at serious risk of arrest simply by discussing cannabis at all.

Even in the US, and even with legal use in Colorado, I can easily imagine an ambitious, young US Attorney climbing the ranks, filing charges under RICO, claiming that our discussions about sharing genetics represent some kind of organized crime. I don't trust our current administration to act sensibly in any way.

I'm happy to take our networking to some private communication method if it makes the admins more comfortable. I appreciate the wealth of information and advice here, so I don't want to do anything that would risk shutting down the site.

I'd be interested in getting together at any of the clubs you suggest. (C. Springs is about as close to me as Denver). I'm free Friday and Saturday. If anybody else is free, just suggest a place and time, and I'd love to meet you in meatspace. I'd love to talk with you about your experience as a caregiver, Avinash.miles. I have a couple friends who are medical users, but aren't able to grow for themselves. If the bureaucracy isn't too hateful, I'd like to get licensed to grow just for them. The additional plant count would be welcome to all three of us as we try to find the most effective strains. I think I could grow around twenty seedlings using 12/12/ from seed, even in my little 2x4 cabinet. It would allow us to find the right genetics for our treatment much faster, and then I could start growing the best strains larger.

Last edited:
X

xavier7995

I might be in for some networking, i dont have a whole lot of extra time on my hands but would be down assuming stars align and such.

CowboyTed

I suggest that we do not discuss swaps at all, even in PMs. Besides being against site policy, it is illegal in Colorado. We may gift only. No swap, trade, barter or selling.

Ah, yes. I apologize for the poor use of language. Gifting is what I had in mind when I mentioned a "swap" I was thinking that we could gather occasionally and bring whatever excess clones or seeds we have, and simply give them away to whomever wants them, whether they brought anything themselves or not.

Maybe we should just discuss networking, generally, and stop using the words gift, barter, swap, trade, or sell.

It would probably be best to confine discussion of "trades" to private until the logistics get figured out.

There's a lot of that old fear still there, even here in a place where weed is treated responsibly, meeting new people can be a weird experience sometimes, especially before you've had a chance to figure out how much you can trust someone. Thanks for all your efforts in helping CO people get together, you're probably one of the most connected people in the state, you're just humble about it. I remember back when I was still shoveling manure for a certain friend, I mentioned this website, and her reply was "Of course I know icmag, Miles is an awesome guy."

Last edited:
Looks like I'm a bit late to the game but hi all, I'm finally back in the industry. I just passed the CO bar and am working as a compliance officer for a grow in Oklahoma. I'll be licensed to practice law in about a week and am only interested in corporate cannabis compliance work. Been a ghost on this site for the last few years because I didn't have time to grow much in law school but I'll be back pretty regularly now that I'm getting paid to keep up on industry issues again. *waves*