What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Maxigro and Maxibloom with tap water

HydroGringo

My tap water is at 350ppm (0.7 EC) and 7.5 ph
[RTW hand water] I will be growing in Coco coir with three 3 gallon fabric pots using
-Maxigro
-Maxibloom
-Cal-mag plus
-Silica blast
-Liquid Karma
-Bio-cozyme
-Coco-wet
-SM-90
-PH up & PH down
*Please help* any advice will be useful on this lineup of nutes/additives/water etc.
It's not only for me but for everyone that stops by. I'm a first time grower and your time and experience will be gladly appreciated

MickFoster

Personally I would dump everything except the MaxiBloom. Total waste of money. KISS method is all I've done for years with great results.

Personally I would dump everything except the MaxiBloom. Total waste of money. KISS method is all I've done for years with great results.

Agreed. Maxi and a tad of ph UP for me. I don't ever water till runoff either. Never had a problem with that...
Same thing with promix...

I'm lazy and root clones in tap water. Just jars with my 100ppm tap water. Then after 2-3 weeks straight to coco or promix.

nukklehead

Agreed. Maxi and a tad of ph UP for me. I don't ever water till runoff either. Never had a problem with that...
Same thing with promix...

As Above

My tap is crap.... ph 8 plus. Maxibloom makes ph spot on. No need for Ca but some may. Interested to see a side by side with all the other products you have. The jacked ones will probably be a little better (assuming all other factors are dialed in) then MB only, but Im gonna bet not that much better for all the money and hassle you put into it.
Time will tell. Also when you run all the extras, if plants start having problems it will be a hodge podge to figure out what is causing the problem. Please keep us posted on your results..

Thanks

Nuk

HydroGringo

As Above

My tap is crap.... ph 8 plus. Maxibloom makes ph spot on. No need for Ca but some may. Interested to see a side by side with all the other products you have. The jacked ones will probably be a little better (assuming all other factors are dialed in) then MB only, but Im gonna bet not that much better for all the money and hassle you put into it.
Time will tell. Also when you run all the extras, if plants start having problems it will be a hodge podge to figure out what is causing the problem. Please keep us posted on your results..

Thanks

Nuk

Thanx for your input. Yeah, I'll be doing two plants with straight Maxibloom and two plants with my full line up. I'll be doing this practice until I understand the plant more (pre-98 bubba). Once I get the hang of things dailing it in, I'll b switching to compost teas. I'm waiting on my light to arrive, it's back ordered.
What is your tap ppm? And do you use it?

Bwanabud

Any advice where I can get my tap water tested? I can't seem to find anything on Google. Thanx

Not sure where you're located, but most water authorities can help you, and if it's a well there are many water testing companies available for wells/lake/pond/stream/ground water etc...usually costs about $50 US....they only need a small sample, can even be done through the mail then they send an element report.

I Googled "water testing with my zip code" and 75 entries came up, and I live in the middle of no where :)

HydroGringo

Not sure where you're located, but most water authorities can help you, and if it's a well there are many water testing companies available for wells/lake/pond/stream/ground water etc...usually costs about $50 US....they only need a small sample, can even be done through the mail then they send an element report.

I Googled "water testing with my zip code" and 75 entries came up, and I live in the middle of no where :)

Thanx buddy. Your a life saver.

oti$

I prefer maxigrow in veg and the first week and a half to two weeks of 12/12. The growth is so much greener and healthier. It's personal prefeence, but it's still simple. The only additive I use is protek. I know it's not quit as simple as one bag all the way through, but still very easy and minimal hassle to switch bags during the transition.

MoPho

MB @7g/gal
92N
121P
65M
92CA

MG @7g/gal
185N
40P
37M
111CA

If anyone wants to give this a try. This formula is what I have been doing since I switch over to MG and MB instead of the 3 parts liquid.

2 parts MB+1 part MG @7g/gal

123N
94P
55M
99CA

With the 2 parts MB and 1 part MG that's pretty close to the 100N/100P/200K/60Mg/100Ca target. I always seem to get N def when using plain MB and just the opposite with MG. IMO...MG also seems a bit low on P.

Last edited:

MoPho

I've run this 2/1 for veg and first 1-2 weeks of 12/12 (maybe 3 weeks if its a N hungry strain). Then it's straight MB for the rest of 12/12. It's not quite the KISS method, but IME it has served me better. Though KISS works I don't believe in the one size fits all theory. KISS is a good starting point and then IMO some tweaking is needed to better fit the strain and environment of each grower.

Just my $.02

HydroGringo

I've run this 2/1 for veg and first 1-2 weeks of 12/12 (maybe 3 weeks if its a N hungry strain). Then it's straight MB for the rest of 12/12. It's not quite the KISS method, but IME it has served me better. Though KISS works I don't believe in the one size fits all theory. KISS is a good starting point and then IMO some tweaking is needed to better fit the strain and environment of each grower.

Just my $.02

Thanks a lot, I'm very interested in your method.
For one plant which needs one gallon of mixture, how much per gallon when combining both mb and mg? much appreciated ;)

HydroGringo

If anyone wants to give this a try. This formula is what I have been doing since I switch over to MG and MB instead of the 3 parts liquid.

MB @7g/gal
92N
121P
65M
92CA

MG @7g/gal
185N
40P
37M
111CA

2 parts MB+1 part MG @7g/gal

123N
94P
55M
99CA

With the 2 parts MB and 1 part MG that's pretty close to the 100N/100P/200K/60Mg/100Ca target. I always seem to get N def when using plain MB and just the opposite with MG. IMO...MG also seems a bit low on P.

If you are talking 14 grams of Maxibloom and 7 grams of Maxigro a gallon, that is too much for a plant isn't it?