What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cotton candy

Dakine

Veteran
I know I didn't veg the sssdh girl I haveoutside long enough. But I noticed that the 2 ends with the small colas are higher then everything. And the lower growth that's lower but in a straight line are all the same size larf lol..

So if I vegged her for longer and made everything about the same size and same height then I would've basically had the same sized small colas along that branch right? I'm talking about the sssdh girl that I trained outside like one of those candle holder things

Dankwolf

Day 1 of flower running light 12.5 on 11.5 off for first few weeks .

Day 1 of flower running light 12.5 on 11.5 off for first few weeks .

Day one flower plants get trimed up to force growth to the tops and cause i dont like larf/popcorn or what ever you want to call it . also plants get there last training and some good grow nutes (no bloom yet). Here are before and after pics of trim up .

Before trim up:

After trim up"

also i updated thread with a few pics of my flower room on the first page.

Dankwolf

I know I didn't veg the sssdh girl I haveoutside long enough. But I noticed that the 2 ends with the small colas are higher then everything. And the lower growth that's lower but in a straight line are all the same size larf lol..

So if I vegged her for longer and made everything about the same size and same height then I would've basically had the same sized small colas along that branch right? I'm talking about the sssdh girl that I trained outside like one of those candle holder things

To answer ypu question about thoes smaller buds being biger if they were at the same leval as tops . yes they would be biger but the goal is to train all tops to be even and same size / mature at least 5 finger leafs . witch takes me at lest a week but preferably 2 week to get all tops growing identacal as possable .

Does that help ?

Dankwolf

I think most people underestimate/over look the need for nitrogen .soiless/hydro styl

I think most people underestimate/over look the need for nitrogen .soiless/hydro styl

I learned along time ago the guys pulling high numbers were using lots of n early on .

Last edited:

Dankwolf

My lighting

My lighting

My main fan is at top right side of grow room and controled through its thermostat set at 70° o. There are two pasaive intakes one 6" and one 12" the 12 inch pulls air from inside lung room and the 6 inch pulls from out side vary cold lol . both have dampers like a fire place so i can control how temperature better .

i might try giving plants all cold outside air during dark to see if they will purple up ?

For light i have two 500w mh 4000 kalvin bulbs . with a 1000w hps 2000 kalvin in the middel.

Early light cycle will be 12.5 on 11.5 off for stretch and bud set then around week 6 or 7 light will go to 11 on 13 off for ripening .

Dakine

Veteran
So are those clones you just posted the plants that are in the canopy picture on the 1st page? Or is it a different group? How many times did you top those clones above? Thats exactly how I wanna make my clones now. Even your lower growth/shoots look like main branches lol.

IF youve run those lights exactly the same in previous runs. Have you noticed any plants doing better then others? Like plants that are right between the overlapping light from both hps and mh bulbs? Rather then the plants that are directly under the mh or hps bulbs that arent really getting a good mixture of both lights?

Dankwolf

Yes the most recent pics are the clones from the canopy pics .

Clones are toped once and trained as described earlyer in this thread. They are two weeks and one day old from showing roots and being put into 2 gallon potters.

Plants yeiled better. Closer to the hps but not just under it . mh side stays greener and yield is less with way less stretch. with mixed spectrum thc seems stronger/more complex and adds to the final high (not much )this is just my opinion i dont have data to support it . also the uvb/uva light from a mh seems to help with preventing/surpressing pathogens.

13 on 11off (12.5 on 11.5 off is the sweet spot for this cotton candy) helps with yield and stretch stacks better nodes on most strains but takes a bit longer to harvest.also buds dont like to finish/ripen/swell under 13 on 11 off especialy sativa leaning strains.

11 on 13 off helps stubern sativas flower properly and helps plants finish a week early from a 12 on 12 of schedule.11 on 13to off helps plants swell/mature fully .

Dankwolf

First week of flower

First week of flower

Plants are looking ok so far still have a small thrip issue and i noticed a slite micro Nute deficiency so i am spraying right at lights out with a neem/dawn dish soap/ micro nute spray. Canopy is a little un even but oh well.

Dakine

Veteran
Hey bro can you post up semi close ups of your healthy plants?and what exact day it is in flower. I want to compare healthy plants to my hurt plants.. i wanna see what your plants look like/the progress going into flower, and see how the nute/ph issues effected there progress flowering ..

Lol those buds look better then the ones I just harvested that had the claw/nitro toxicity. But besides the claw towards the end of flower they shoulda been much better quality..

[m8]

Veteran
Hello, Im in, subbed.
I must to ask, Y write: bentonight from local source, what is that source, i hope it isnt cat john.. ;)

:tiphat:

Dankwolf

No i source it from a local minning operation . i preder to source all my amendments from nature it self if possable (grand father was a geologist). no i am not a hippy lol

Last edited: