What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

SkunkVA x Snow Lotus - Bodhi Seeds - Kalyx

nice! I'm excited to see this one. I have the same plants in a sense, they look remarkably similar. I got the Arctic Fallout by House of Funk genetics which is the Skunk 91 VAcut x Snow Lotus (Bodhi gifted his pollen). Very nice grow!

easternOG

nice! I'm excited to see this one. I have the same plants in a sense, they look remarkably similar. I got the Arctic Fallout by House of Funk genetics which is the Skunk 91 VAcut x Snow Lotus (Bodhi gifted his pollen). Very nice grow!

I believe it was the JB cut used in arctic fallout. Same as the fuzz cluster funk etc! Fire regardless tho! Vanilla gasoline is the word on the AFs!! Can't go wrong with that!!
ONELOVE

Kalyx

@kushmanjockin - I have heard good things about the Arctic Fallout but no experience running it. By JB he means the "Joe Brand" Chem cut. Its a different cut than the original SkunkVA 91' Chem.

-Kalyx :tiphat:

Kalyx

Update 1/4 - Day 92

Has been a great week since the last update. This is the first update on these girls of the new year. They continue to fill in and have really started taking shape at least the first 2 phenos. All of them really have a similar smell right now, that vary slightly with different dominate aromas. All the plants seem like their buds are stacking pretty well. They don't have the fattest of buds at least yet, but are filling in nicely and look to have some nice density to them at this point. Bud structure is very similar with all of the plants as well forming nice spears of chemmy goodness.

It looks like these awesome seeds will be available soon enough to the public. Of course Brother B has come up with an awesome name for this strain, way better than my cookie cutter ChemLotus name. I actually love the name that he made for these and I think its up there with the likes of Dream Beaver for example in quality of a name lol. These babies will be released as MoonTang, moving forward I will be changing to the proper name for these beautiful girls to reflect that.

I will be getting pollen collected from the male MoonTang #4 to use in the future. He is most similar in appearance and structure to MoonTang #2, he has a great stink to him of chemmy and earthy goodness. The plan will be to make some f2 stock using him and the 3 females to play around with in the future. I would love to be able to find a super Chem dominate pheno in this line. I think he might also make a great match for some of my other girls, was mainly thinking Karma's Og and Gorilla Glue #4 crosses. I also have a Fire Cookie, Elmer's Glue, Skywalker Kush, Lemon Headband Kush and Sour Tsunami that I can play around with.

MoonTang #1 - Flower Day 44

This girl is just a monster of a plant, she looks like she is starting to stack amazingly. She looks at least at this point to have by far the highest yield potential of the 3 plants. Her flowers seem to be forming very dense spears, really looks like she is going to pack on the weight before she finishes up. Im in love with the dark grean leaves all these girls have with light lime green buds just covered with a silvery layer of frost. The colors on these girls makes an impressive contrast, its really easy to see the chem in her genetics. All of the girls especially this one have developed a really interesting earthy, dirt like smell mixed in with a chemmy funk and hints of mint. I love this time of the cycle where the girls seem to change and develop on a daily basis with their flowers and smells.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Update continues on the next post.

Kalyx

Update Continued 1/4 - Day 92

MoonTang #1 - Flower Day 44

picture.php

MoonTang #2 - Flower Day 44

This girl has been my favorite since the first couple weeks of flower. She isn't nearly the beast her sister MT#1 is and didn't stretch nearly as much. She was my favorite because of her smells and structure were the most Chem dominate of my phenos. Her smells were by far the strongest and most complex and still are but MT#1 is quickly gaining ground on her in the smell department. She is still my favorite at this time but is getting some stiff competition for the top spot. She does have the most pungent, complex and Chem nose to her thats incredible and unique. She does have great structure and is filling in really nicely. She may not be the biggest plant or yield the most out of the phenos but right now she has the largest flowers on her. The structure of her flowers is very similar to MT#1 not quite as slim and pointy, a tad more rounded at the tops and on the sides. They all have the same coloring, very similar in frost coverage and have those awesome little pointy Chem calyxes.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Update continues on the next post.

Kalyx

Update Continued 1/4 - Day 95

MoonTang #2 - Flower Day 44

picture.php

picture.php

MoonTang#3 - Flower Day 35

She is my least favorite of the 3 so far but thats no knock on her she is a great plant. She is 9 days behind in flowering to her sisters and that just makes it hard for her to compete or stick out with them. She seems to really be a mix between the other 2 phenos and carries a very similar smell to her sisters. She does have a really nice symmetry to her structure and branching that the others don't have. Her flower formation is behind the others but she appears to be forming and stacking very similarly to her sisters. I have really been impressed with the similarities in smells and bud structure with these different girls, not as much variation as I was expecting though. They all have different branching and structures and I know the variations and differences will show more once they finish flowering. Might make things really hard picking a keeper between these girls but maybe there will be a standout among the group.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

More updates coming soon.

easternOG

Brother Kalyx
The force is def strong with you!
Good Ol Moontang Pie Lookin extremely exquisite!
Just threw 3 more down can't wait to dig deeper!!
Killin things as always Bro
ONELOVE

I sent in my pre order to the vault for a pack of Moontang. These look wonderful. Good job on your grow as usual. I'll be following along.

Kalyx

@RandomMan - Thanks bro I appreciate you!

@Bmac1 - Thanks man I need to get smell-O-vision to go along with pictures.

@tleaf jr. - Thanks for dropping in, these girls are starting to shape up really nice, loving the bud structure.

@easternOG - Thanks for everything eastern, can't wait to see what you find in round 2! Im really loving this strain so far, very impressive ladies. How did your moontang turn out?

@3rdEye - Thanks for stopping by glad to have you aboard!

@dabking - I give them "2 Green Thumbs Up"! Thanks dab I think you should add them to the collection.

@Jerrys Nub - Nice work on the pre order I don't think you will be disappointed with these babies Im loving them so far.

Gardening Angel

Veteran
hey kalyx,

The first pics are my personal favs,

the flowers are frosty and dense at 44 days should be some fire come harvest time,
looking forward to your next update

thanks
GA

Kalyx

hey kalyx,

The first pics are my personal favs,

the flowers are frosty and dense at 44 days should be some fire come harvest time,
looking forward to your next update

thanks
GA

Hey GA,

Thanks for dropping by!

Im getting really excited about these girls just loving the frost and the density too, really nice bud structure. Will be interesting to see them change and ripen over the next few weeks. At the point where they seem to start changing appearance and aromas on a near daily basis.

Im having a really hard time picking a favorite right now it used to be #2 all the way but #1 is catching up in the smell department. She takes the cake though for her branching and structure she is just a beast.

Should have the next update posted at the start of next week.

Useful Idiot

Veteran
Hey GA,

Thanks for dropping by!

Im getting really excited about these girls just loving the frost and the density too, really nice bud structure. Will be interesting to see them change and ripen over the next few weeks. At the point where they seem to start changing appearance and aromas on a near daily basis.

Im having a really hard time picking a favorite right now it used to be #2 all the way but #1 is catching up in the smell department. She takes the cake though for her branching and structure she is just a beast.

Should have the next update posted at the start of next week.

Really nice work Kalyx!! I envy the way you do your threads....very detailed, tons of info, a bunch of pics, your love for this plant really shows in your threads bud. If I were a breeder I would be gladly sendin you seeds to grow and showcase them.

Critter

Think for yourself, question authority
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Man Moontang looking real proper
Thx for showcasing

Latest posts

Latest posts