What's new

SkunkVA x Snow Lotus - Bodhi Seeds - Kalyx

nickman

Veteran
Wow those girls are looking so good... I like number ones structure myself... I'm goons b watching

Kalyx

@Useful Idiot - Hey buddy thanks for the kind word it truly means a lot. I put a lot of work into my logs so Im glad they are being enjoyed.

@Bmac1 - Thanks Bmac I really appreciate that, Im glad you have enjoyed.

@Critter - Glad you're enjoying thanks for stopping by!

@nickman - Thanks man #1 is a pretty looking girl and a beast, awesome branching.

-Kalyx :tiphat:

Kalyx

Update 1/18 - Day 106

It has been two weeks since my last update and things are progressing along very well. The girls are on the home stretch now and I expect all of them to be ready in the next 2 to 3 weeks. All 3 of the girls have had some slight nutrient burn showing on their leaf tips pop up over the past week. None of my flowering plants have been fed any bottled nutrients since a couple weeks into flower. I did give all the girls a top dressing about 5 weeks ago, Im guessing thats what has caused this. It doesn't appear bad at all, they all look very healthy and none of my other flowering plants have shown any burn. It just leads me to believe that these plants are very light feeders, I have used a very light hand this round feeding these girls to avoid any burn.

Im really impressed and really loving all of these girls more and more as they progress. They are all so similar in their bud formations, shapes and stacking, can be really hard telling them apart. The plants themselves all look very different in their structure, stature and branching though. Really in love with the structure of the buds on these girls just calyxes stacking on top of each other making pretty Chem spears. Their buds haven't added a lot of thickness yet and Im thinking they probably wont, but maybe they will surprise me. They all appear like they are producing very tightly packed dense flowers. Smell wise they all have similarities with some slight differences. Nothing too strong or over powering yet in the smell department but Im thinking that will start to change as they finish up. Taking smells from all of them leaves you with smells of minty, earthy, chemmy, tart and a slight sweetness.

MoonTang #1 - Flower Day 58

This girl just continues to beast along, she was tied to bamboo stakes right after this photo shoot. Starting to get very floppy and droopy it was overdue getting her some added support. It was evident to see that she was either putting on some weight in recent weeks or has weak branching, Im leaning to lots of dense flowers. Nothing not to like about her appearance and colors, dark leathery green leaves, with lime green buds covered in a thick coating of silvery resin. She has the most stretch and by far the best branching of her sisters, no question she has the best yield potential. Im excited for her to finish and see if she has the best smoke.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

MoonTang #2 - Flower Day 58

Have been in love with this girl since the start, just something about her structure and smells I haven't been able to get over. She has really filled in nicely over the past week. None of these plants have what I would call fat buds but hers are the biggest of the 3 so far. All the plants buds look very similar, this girls are a little more rounded and less pointy and spear shaped than the others. She is stacking really nicely and even the flowers on the bottom of the plant are filling in nicely. Really looking forward to running all of these ladies again and finding out which one is my favorite. Right now this girl has me the most excited but its so close between all 3. Its going to take a smoke test to see which ones shine the most, have the best flavor and strongest high.

picture.php

Update continues on the next post.

Kalyx

Update Continued 1/18 - Day 106

I decided to splurge a little this week with shot of this girl this week, she is just so damn photogenic.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Kalyx

Update Continued 1/18 - Day 106

picture.php

MoonTang #3 - Flower Day 49

This girl has really started to take shape and come into her own since the last update. About a week and half behind her sisters she is moving a little slower but really starting to look like her older sisters in smells and bud structure. She is also filling in and stacking very well like her sisters, her branching is more like #2 with stretch a tad closer to #1. She looks like she is going to form a lot of nice dense flowers with very little larf or waste. All of these plants seem a tad sensitive to nutes and she seems to be the most sensitive of the 3. Still very easy plants to grow and keep happy, they like to reward you with some beautiful looking and smelling flowers.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

More updates coming soon.

3rdEye

Alchemical Botanist
Veteran
On fire Kalyx! Those flowers are great examples of bodhi's genetics. Very nice job.

Kalyx

On fire Kalyx! Those flowers are great examples of bodhi's genetics. Very nice job.

Thanks I appreciate the kind words. Bodhi does some amazing breeding work I have yet to find a bad plant in his offerings. So much magic and fire to be found in every strain.

-Kalyx :tiphat:

RandomMan

I Build Things
ICMag Donor
Guessing with a 5-10 day dry and 2.5 month cure, one of those flowers are gonna taste AMAZING... :biggrin:

Superb work, brotha.

easternOG

Wow Bro
Things are looking Phenominal!! Such a special line!! Those girls are str8 shining!! I just threw down a couple more!! The smoke was very similar to the Goji with more chem fuely sharp emphasis!! Can't wait to here how yours turn out my friend!!
ONELOVE

Kalyx

@RandomMan - Yep you got it buddy, by the time you are here these sexy ladies should be in prime smoking condition for your enjoyment.

@easternOG - Hey thanks for everything eastern I really appreciate it. This is a really nice line indeed, top notch genetics, all the plants have drool inducing smells with excellent structure and frost coverage. I will be running these phenos again and I wouldn't be shocked if I hang on to one of the ladies for sometime. I agree these are a chemmed out version of the Goji, I have enjoyed these girls more than the Goji so far.

Update 2/1 - Day 120

It has been a couple weeks since my last update, I decided to just wait on updates for the girls to be harvested. Things are now coming to a close on this test grow with 2 out of the 3 plants having been harvested. I will be doing an update for MoonTang #3 when she is harvested as well as final smoke reports for all 3 plants. The last girl should be coming down in the next 5-10 days I would think. She started flowering 9 days after the others so is a little farther behind her sisters.

Overall this grow has gone very well, these are vigorous plants, easy to grow and not very picky. I learned they are fairly light feeders and ended up with a little nutrient burn on the tips of their fan leaves. A few weeks into flowering I put a top dressing on all my plants mainly with EWC, some soil and dolomite lime. I gave them no other feedings but a few weeks later I had some slight nutrient burn on their fan leaves. None of the other girls in my garden had any nutrient burn from the top dressing, so I plan to go a little lighter on the feeding with these ladies next round.

MoonTang #1 - Harvested after 68 Days of Flower

She was the first girl to come down at just under 10 weeks of flowering. She had barely started to fade and was still spitting out white hairs when she was chopped. Im pretty confident the lack of a fade and her still having some white hairs was due to me being too heavy handed with my top dressing. Usually I have an issue with my ladies starting to fade too soon never not at all. I hope and plan to get a better run from all of these girls next round as I start to get them dialed in. Outside of this and a little nutrient burn I couldn't have been more pleased with this grow or these ladies.

This girl and MT#2 have been fighting for the top spot as my favorite and its neck and neck. It will take a smoke test off both of them to pick a favorite. She is by far the most Snow Lotus dom of my 3 phenos and is a bushy beast because of it. She had the best branching and the most stretch of all the girls. She produced tight, dense, spear shaped flowers, composed of calyxes stacked on top of calyxes. She had big fan leaves with long slender fingers, that had a dark green leathery look to them. Her flowers were contrasted with light lime green calyxes, orange hairs and a thick white frosting of resin. Great flower structure on this girl basically all bud and next to no leaf, she will be a breeze to trim.

The smells on this girl were top notch and unique, with a deceptively loud odor. What I mean by that is she doesn't seem to stink that much at first smell. She has a great aroma but doesn't seem very strong, until you walk out of the room and come back in. Then you just get blasted with a foul skunky chemmy funk that this stoner loves. Smelling her flowers is a little more subtle you first get hit with a sugary sweet, not fruity smell then play dough and earthy aromas. Then in the back end that skunky chem stink comes on strong and makes itself present. I can't wait to taste this girl and see how her smells translate into flavor, I think she is going to be a very tasty treat.

Here she is after her bamboo stakes and big fan leaves were removed, from this point she was cut down and hung to dry. The rest of her trimming will be finished once she has dried and probably started curing.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Kalyx

Update Continued 2/1 - Day 120

MoonTang #1 - Harvested after 68 Days of Flower

This plant is also probably the stickiest or one of the stickiest plants I have ever grown. Her stems were covered in so much sticky resin they were literally sticking to my fingers when I was hanging her to dry. Pruning shears were getting gunked up just trimming down her branches. They had to be cleaned down with rubbing alcohol 2x times during her harvest. Keep in mind I only remove large fan leaves and cut branches at harvest, my manicuring is done once everything has dried.

picture.php

I know this isn't the best picture a little over exposed, too much light. I really like the contrast and colors so I decided to throw it in.

picture.php

MoonTang #2 - Harvested after 72 Days of Flower

She took a little bit longer to finish up than her sister but only by a few days. She finished in just over 10 weeks of flowering. Im in love with this girl, she isn't as large of a plant, didn't bush out or stretch as much as MT#1. She is by far the most chem dom of my 3 phenos and exactly what I was hoping for when I first popped these seeds. She gives off the most dominate chem aroma of the 3 girls as well. Her branching and stems are the strongest of the three, no support was needed with her. The color, shape and texture of her leaves scream chem with their dark green color, thick and leathery look and feel. I just love the leathery look and how it makes her leaves shine, she is such a beautiful plant. She also appears to have grown the largest and most dense flowers of all my phenos.

Like her sisters she also had some nutrient burn on her leaf tips, she had the least amount of damage. This also caused her to barely start fading and she was still throwing out white hairs when harvested. She seemed to about double in size from her stretch and just had a great structure to really pack on some weight. Her buds look the most chem dominate to me out of the 3. It is easy to spot the chem genetics through the structure of the flowers on all 3 plants. This girl has a certain roundness and chunkiness too her buds, that are less spear shaped and pointy than her sisters. Not by much but her flowers are larger in size than either of the other plants and are as hard as rocks. She looks to have some good yield potential which will be confirmed before much longer. These ladies haven't produced the largest of flowers but they appear to be as dense as rocks.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Kalyx

Update Continued 2/1 - Day 120

MoonTang #2 - Harvested after 72 Days of Flower

Chopping this girl down stunk up the entire house with a deceptive skunky chemmy funk like MT#1. When smelling her flowers they give off a similar aroma to her sister yet different and more complex. There was a little bit of sweet and playdough to her smells but more faint and less dominate. The first smell to hit your nose was undeniable fresh cut mint followed by tart, earthy, skunk and a strong chem funk on the back end. I had smelled mint on these plants during veg and early flower but this is the first time I have ever smelled it coming from a mature plant. Such an interesting and unique combination of smells this girl has that are nothing short of intoxicating. The cannabis plant never ceases to amaze me in the complexity of aromas and flavors she can display. Plants can resemble smells from just about anything in this world and plenty out of this world aromas I have never experienced anywhere outside of this amazing plant.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Bmac1

Veteran
They look fantastic as usual kalyx. This really looks like a great cross and I need to get me some of these for sure. They all look great but I really like the look of that #1. Cant wait to hear smoke reports.

Ill start sharpening the axe this week and start swinging it around this weekend. I got a little chem funk that im looking forward to as well as you have seen.

3rdEye

Alchemical Botanist
Veteran
Those are some super looking plants Kalyx. #2 sounds like some serious win in the flavor/smell department. Nice work for sure.

Kalyx

@Bmac1 - Thanks Bmac always glad to have you along for the ride. Really loving this strain so far great looks, smells and flavors and the chem really shines with all the phenos. She isnt overpowering them though some really interesting and unique flavors and aromas. I love watching how they develop and change in flavor every few days of curing.

Cant wait to hear how your chemmy girl comes out. That chemsour x sscdh just looks ridiculously good.

@3rdEye - Thanks man, with the initial smokes I have had from MT#1 and MT#2 have been really good and different. Im having a really hard time picking a favorite and yet to taste MT#3 yet. I will be running #1 and #2 at least one more time each so I have a little time to pick a favorite.

Update 2/15 - Day 134

I wasn't planning waiting this long to post the final flowering update but this last girl just didn't want to finish up as fast as the others. I have been nothing but impressed with the smoke off both of her sisters the past couple of weeks. I love the way the flavors and smells have developed and changed with these two since drying and curing. Their smells are almost unrecognizable from when they were cut down to now. Their flavors have greatly changed as well since they finished drying and started curing. Potency is very strong on both of them and both have a very sativa dominate high. MT#2 is a sativa dominate smoke but has more indica influence.

The flavors and chem dominance seem to have flipped between the phenos from when the first finished drying up until now. MT#1 had a great chem funk going on from the start but was dominated by an earthy play-dough taste with the chem funk on the back end. After a couple weeks curing she has really developed a dominate skunky, chemmy funk with the earthy play-dough flavors less pronounced. MT#2 is the opposite she had a really strong sugar sweet chem on the front end and as she has cured the chem has become less pronounced while the sugar, minty and earthy flavors have become the dominate ones. Both have good bag appeal, strong intoxicating smells with matching flavors and potent highs with good legs, what's not to like? Im looking forward to seeing where MT#3 fits in and will be updating final smoke reports and cured bud shots soon.

MoonTang #3 - Harvested after 77 Days of Flower

This girl just wanted to take a little longer to finish than her sisters. Sadly me being too heavy handed with a top dressing this grow kept this girl from finishing up properly. She was still shooting out white pistils and never appeared fully finished. I am happy to say as you can see in some of her pics she did finally start to fade. She was the only lady out of my MoonTangs and all 6 girls flowering this round to start a decent fade. Luckily all of the girls have smoked, smelled and tasted really well and I expect her to join that club as well. I do look forward to running these ladies at least once more, getting them better dialed and improving on this next run.

This girl doesn't appear to be quite as frosty as either of her sisters but she does seem to have the largest stalks and resin glands of the 3. It might just be me but she seems to have a mean lethal look to her, that I didn't notice in the others. In terms of flavors and taste I think she will fall in between her sisters leaning most similar to MT#2. She had smells at harvest very similar to both of her sisters with the minty, sweet, earthy, skunky chemmy funkiness coming on the strongest. Looking forward to sampling her and seeing where she stands compared to the others in flavor and high.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

3rdEye

Alchemical Botanist
Veteran
Your reviews of the other MT's sounds great. How are the body effects? If any. Nice work man.

iTarzan

Very nice grow and thread Kalyx. You are going to have some great jars of buds. Keep one to cure up for July 4th parties.

Gardening Angel

Veteran
hey kalyx,

looking good again

some frost on that 77 moontang even if she did not finish up

looking forward to a smoke report etc

thanks
GA

easternOG

Absolutely Killed this Grow!! excellent coverage and such an amazing report to follow along with!! You Rock Bro!!
ONELOVE

mellowfellow

Tomoka Smoka
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Just went through this thread and must say I enjoy the way you do things. Very clean!
Looking forward to hearing how they smoke for you.