What's new

SkunkVA x Snow Lotus - Bodhi Seeds - Kalyx

Kalyx

Update Continued 11/23 - Day 50 - Flower Day 2

Chem Lotus #2 (SkunkVa Chem 91' x Snow Lotus)

One last picture of this girl, wanted to include this picture to better show the training going on to better even out her canopy.

picture.php

Chem Lotus #3 (SkunkVa Chem 91' x Snow Lotus)

So happy this one ended up being a girl, she is a little behind being transplanted much later than #1 and #2. I also think its pretty neat that phenos 1-3 were all girls and #4 being the only boy. She has really taken off since being transplanted and I had begun training her right after these pictures were taken. Im hoping that she will be ready to join her sisters in the flowering tent this weekend but she may need a little longer. She has excellent structure, branching and smells like her sisters, Im really loving these plants so far. She doesn't seem as branchy as #1 but seems like she is branching a little more than #2. It's really easy to see the chem genetics in all of these girls, especially with their leaves and colors.

picture.php

picture.php

Chem Lotus #4 (SkunkVa Chem 91' x Snow Lotus)

The only male out of the group and as you can see he is in a little rough shape currently. Things haven't gotten any better for him in the days since this picture either. Obviously he is very root bound and the day prior to this picture I chopped the top few node sets right off. I transplanted him into a 20oz. cup last night with some new soil, in the process I chopped his rootball up to about half the size it was. He is a trooper, really hasn't shown any signs of stress from the mauling his roots took. I will give him a few days to recover then he will be placed into an isolation chamber and flowered out to collect his pollen.

picture.php

Wish Mountain #2 (Afkansastan x Appalachia)

A really beautiful plant whatever sex it is, over 50 days in a 16oz solo cup and healthy as can be. I was nearly convinced that it was a male which is why the plant hasn't been transplanted yet. I know it has to be root bound by now but not showing negative signs unlike the above pictured male. The nutrients in that little cup have to be long gone yet its not showing any deficiencies, when other plants have. I have only watered with pure water or a mix of a root drench and micro-nutes. It has a couple spots at nodes that look like they might be balls making me think its a boy. Then there are other places where inspecting under a scope looks like the start of a calyx where a hair might pop out. Still giving the plant time to show me a sex before deciding what to do with her/him. Would love if its a girl, obviously but then maybe I was a little hasty to toss the first male. Of course if its a boy he will get a big haircut, have his rootball trimmed in half and be transplanted to a 20oz. cup then flowered to collect his pollen.

picture.php

More updates coming soon.

easternOG

Simply beautiful !!
Those ladies are being trained into proper position!!
Love the progress!! Killin it Brother
ONELOVE

Kalyx

@easternOG - Thanks brotha I appreciate it! These girls have been so awesome to grow they love being trained they don't fight it at all like some others I have grown. Its like they want to be fat and bushy with an even canopy of tops.

Update 11/30 - Day 57 - Flower Day 9

Was a good week in the garden and everything went to plan, all 3 of the CL ladies now have a happy home in the flowering tent. I just replaced the old bulb with a brand new 1000w Hortilux Super HPS. I was able to get a great deal on it so I had to pull the trigger and give it a test. Then the tent was also cleared out and scrubbed down and cleaned with bleach water. The ladies should be very happy in their new home at least the appear to be. Sadly the Wish Mountain still has yet to show me what sex it is, the plant is still looking healthy and happy at least. I will need to transplant it very soon, so really hoping it turns out to be a lady. I didn't get any pictures of her or the CL #4 male this week, but will have some for the next update. The CL #4 boy had his root mass cut down by about 60% and was transplanted into a little larger container last week as planned. I have taken cuts from all 3 of the girls over the last few days. I will look to take more in the next week if the clones don't root. I want to make sure to hold on to these girls so I can keep the special ones around.

Chem Lotus #1 (SkunkVa Chem 91' x Snow Lotus)

Over a week into flower now and the girls are coming along great and the stretch is really starting up now. She has really opened up and bushed out nicely over the past few days. First impression is that she will have a little more stretch to her than her sisters and they appear like they will stay a tad more compact. She is branching out very nicely and seems to have a good combination of horizontal and vertical growth that with some training has really opened her up nicely. All of them smell really similar and she gives a sharp smell of mint and skunk on a stem rub.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

This girl is coming along great as well and her stretch has really started to get moving. She is a little more compacted and vertical with her growth and branching. She doesn't seem to have as much side branching as CL#1 but has great node spacing and is still branching nicely. Her canopy has stayed pretty level and even and she has responded really well to LST as have both of her sisters. I think the Chem in the cross is evident in all 3 of the plants so far but appears most dominate with this girls smell and leaf structure.

picture.php

picture.php

Update continues on the next post.

Kalyx

Update Continued 11/30 - Day 57 - Flower Day 9

picture.php

Chem Lotus #3 (SkunkVa Chem 91' x Snow Lotus) - Flower Day 1

I can say Im very happy that this girl has finally joined her sisters and started to flower. Im sure this time next week her stretch will have started up and she will look much different. I must say I just love her symmetrical branching and structure. She has great compact node spacing and responds great to getting some LST love. So far these plants have been a pleasure to grow, so vigorous, strong and seem phased by nothing. I was hoping this girl would be ready to start flowering this week but didn't expect her growth to explode like it did.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Group Shot - 11/30

So while my tent was being cleaned and then aired out this weekend I just had to get a shot of the new girls on the block. You can see the 2 smaller plants (Fire Cookie #2, ChemLotus #3) on the front right that just started flowering. The remaining 4 plants (ChemLotus#2, Elmer's Glue, Lemon Headband Kush, ChemLotus#1) starting from the front left moving clockwise have been flowering since last weekend. Really excited for the variety of genetics Im lucky enough to be running right now. 6 beautiful girls, another potential Wish Mountain female, then 4 Karma Og's that are a month old and will be joining the tent party soon enough.

picture.php

Bmac1

Veteran
Loving the LST work Kalyx. Really gonna squeeze a nice yield out for sure. The chemlotus looks awesome, I hope it gets released.

Kalyx

Loving the LST work Kalyx. Really gonna squeeze a nice yield out for sure. The chemlotus looks awesome, I hope it gets released.

Hey Bmac1,

Thanks man I appreciate it. The ChemLotus have been easy to LST so far. Some of the other plants Im running (Lemon Headband Kush) just like to be a pain in my ass and fight their training everyday. Really loving these girls, I hope they get released as well I would be in line to grab some more. Taking the proven SL stud and hitting the 91' Chem SkunkVA, I cant imagine how this wouldn't be a killer cross filled with amazing plants. I may be a little partial to the SkunkVA though as she is my favorite all-time smoke, so these ladies are right up my alley.

-Kalyx :tiphat:

Kalyx

@draconis - Thanks for stopping by and the kind words.

Update 12/7 - Day 64 - Flower day 16

Has been quite the busy week in the garden and out but I guess its just that time of year. Things are going very well with the plants they are looking lush, bushy and very healthy. Things have been setting in very nicely for CL#1 and CL#2, really getting the bloom cycle underway. They are really starting to stretch and look like they are going to blow up in the next week or two. CL#3 is just over a week into flower and you can tell the stretch is getting ready to set in and she is about to take off.

The Wish Mountain still doesn't want to reveal its' sex and Im really starting to hope she does very soon. I transplanted her yesterday into a little larger container as she was seriously root bound and starting to get a little nutrient deficient. Hoping now that she has some nutes and a nice new home for her roots to grow she will show me some sexy white hairs. My boy CL#4 had the crap trimmed out of him taking off nodes, branches and fan leaves getting him prepared to start flowering today. I need to keep my boys small they way I built my isolation chamber, so it was necessary to take away all the unneeded vegetation.

Chem Lotus #1 (SkunkVA Chem 91' x Snow Lotus)

She is one strong healthy girl and she is getting huge, her stretch has set in more than either of her sisters. She is the largest of the 3 by far at this point in time and Im feeling she will probably finish off as the largest. She is stretching mainly with vertical growth but there is some horizontal growth going on with her branches. This has opened her up very nicely and has required very little defoliation on her this far. She has a great bushy structure to her with a very even canopy, she should have a good number of fat tops. She and her sisters all have responded well to their training, taking it quickly and not fighting it what so ever.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Chem Lotus #2 (SkunkVA Chem 91' x Snow Lotus)

She, like CL#1 is really starting to get her stretch on this past week and looks like she will become a large beautiful bush. She isn't as big and hasn't stretched as much as CL#1, at least as of yet. Right now she is my favorite of the 3, there is just something about her structure that I love. She is the most Chem dominate in looks of the 3 phenos I have now, although the male CL#4 has nearly an identical structure and smell to her. From the initial look it doesn't appear like she will get as tall or bushy as CL#1 but she does look to have tighter node spacing and stronger branches.

picture.php

picture.php

Kalyx

Update Continued 12/7 - Day 64 - Flower Day 16

I have taken cuts from all 3 of these girls so far, I want to make sure I can keep the special ones around. So far only the cuts taken from CL#2 have rooted, still waiting on the others. I was amazed at how quickly they rooted and how many roots they spit out. Both of the cuts I took from her had roots exploding everywhere from the rapid rooters in 5 days or less. At this point Im not sure which of these ladies will be the best but Im very happy that my favorite girl as of now appears to be the fastest and easiest to root. I know I promised with my last update that I would include pictures of the Wish Mountain and the CL#4 boy this week. Was just too busy to get that taken care of but I will try and get pictures of them and my isolation chamber up this week.

Just had to give a little more love to this sexy girl and show some Bronco love to my team on game day. Just love the look of her dark green leathery leaves. She has some very nice and strong branches that look ready to pack on the weight. Rubbing her stalk hits you with a pungent burnt rubber, minty, skunky funk right in the nose.

picture.php

picture.php

Chem Lotus #3 (SkunkVA Chem 91' x Snow Lotus)

A week into flower and she is behind her sisters but she appears set to take off and start catching up. Just like her sisters she was a pleasure to train, bending to my will with no fight. She has grown some over the past week but she is really looking ready to exploding in the coming days. All 3 of them have a similar growth structure and are naturally opening themselves up as the grow up and out. They all also appear to want to form nice even canopy of tops. Makes it really nice and easy requiring very little trimming of her fan leaves up to this point. Everyone one of these Chem Lotus plants the boy included, have a crazy burnt rubber, minty funk when smelling them. I get a lot of skunky and burnt rubber smells from young plants but this minty smell that these babies have is very interesting to me.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Kalyx

Update 12/14 - Day 71 - Flower Day 23

Has been a good week, flowering is really starting to set in with all the girls. They all appear very happy and healthy, displaying good vigor and strong branching. I have gotten cuts rooted for CL#1 and CL#2, CL#3 had cuts taken a week after the others and I expect them to have roots coming out any day now. I have also started flowering out the boy of the group CL#4 in an isolation chamber to collect some of his pollen. All of these plants responded great to their training and have required very little LST upkeep over the past week. They are all bushing up very nicely and have been blowing up with their stretching the past week. Really all I have had to do with these girls is just some defoilating to allow some more light to the lower branches.

Chem Lotus #1 (SkunkVA Chem 91' x Snow Lotus)

She is a beast plain and simple, she has the most vigor, biggest branching and has stretched the most so far. Her canopy has stayed nice and even and she is just getting loaded with bud sites, she is going to be a monster. She has easily doubled in size the past week and she appears like her stretch isn't slowing down any yet. She took very well to her LST from the beginning and has just required a bit of trimming to let more light down to the lower branches. The past week she has really started to frost up as her bud sites and flowers have really started to form and blow up.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I think this girl is my favorite and maybe its just because she appears the most chem dom in her structure. She has great branching and vigor and has had a good amount of stretch, she just cant match up the CL#1 in those categories. She may not be as large or look like she will yield as much as CL#1 but she doesn't appear to be a slouch at all. She has nice strong branching and has been filling in really nicely. She is also starting to pack on the frost doesn't appear to be as much as her sister at this point.

picture.php

picture.php

Kalyx

Update Continued 12/14 - Day 71 - Flower Day 23

picture.php

picture.php

Chem Lotus #3 (SkunkVA Chem 91' x Snow Lotus) - Flower Day 14

She is a little over a week behind her sisters but is coming along really well. She looks ready to explode this coming week much like her big sister CL#1 did this past week. At this point she looks more similar to CL#1 than she does to CL#2 but we will see how her structure develops once her stretch really sets in. She has a great symmetrical structure to her branching that I really like and has keep a nice even canopy. I have a feeling that she will explode and double in size the coming week but time will tell.

picture.php

picture.php

Chem Lotus #4 (SkunkVA Chem 91' x Snow Lotus) - Flower Day 5

I finally got this little guy in an isolation chamber and have begun flowering him out. He has received a major trimming back of nodes, branches and fan leaves to get him to a much smaller size. I dont have room for a massive sized male nor would I want a large male. I figure he should produce more than enough pollen for my needs. He has been very vigorous and its taken a lot of work over the past few weeks to keep his size in check. His is the most finicky out of the 4 chem lotus plants which is fine by me since I just want his pollen. I seem to have gotten a hold on him and since having his root ball trimmed and being transplanted he has been much happier.

picture.php

Bmac1

Veteran
Looking great and healthy Kalyx despite the fact that the Bronco has has me questioning your mental health ;-)

I bet these suckers are really going to impress. I also have to look into the whole isolation chamber idea as I want to play mad scientist a bit myself. Ive been keeping a Rez DSD male around for the last little bit.

Kalyx

@Bmac1 - Thanks buddy I appreciate it, sorry to let you down on my football team I just pray you aren't a Raiders fan lol.

These plants have been very impressive so far and very excited to see the end product they produce.

I just couldn't hold off any longer on making an iso chamber wanted to make use of my males. I got some great ideas for building my chamber from Marlo and Seaf0ur. If you have any questions let me know I can also get some photos up on how I built mine if you're looking for ideas.

Update 12/28 - Day 85

So far so good, it has been a very hectic week and was unable to give the ladies the attention they deserve. Happy Holidays and New Years, I hope all is good and green with everyone. The ladies have all progressed nicely, the stretch seems to have come to a stop as well. The flowers are really starting to develop and the ladies are starting to take shape. The girls are all very happy and healthy, they look great and smell great. I have a good mix of phenos it looks like and they all look good so far to me. The male I have CL#4 appears to lean more towards the Chem side of the equation similar to the CL#2. He has been flowering in my isolation chamber and started dropping pollen this weekend. He was chopped down on 12/26, all of his branches were removed and placed into cups with water. Over the past few days most of his sacks have opened and dropped their pollen, the plan is to collect that pollen this evening.

None of the current flowering ladies will be hit with his pollen, I will also make sure to get brother B's blessing before using this male on anything. I have taken 2 cuts from all 3 of the phenos, I need to make sure I'm able to keep around any special ladies. I would like to make some F2's of this strain to explore the line further as the SkunkVA Chem 91' is my favorite smoke. The plan with the CL#4 pollen would be to hit the different CL clones to make F2's. I would also like to use his pollen to hit my; Gorilla Glue #4, Skywalker Kush, Elmer's Glue, Fire Cookies, Lemon Headband Kush and Karma's Og in the future if all goes well. He grew most like CL#2 and tends to lean more towards the Chem in the genetics. He was very vigorous, had good node spacing, solid branching, and carries a very strong, pungent smell of mint, skunk and burnt rubber.

Chem Lotus #1 (SkunkVA Chem 91' x Snow Lotus) - Flower Day 37

I really love this girl she is just a big beast of awesomeness. She has the best branching and stretched more than either of her sisters. She appears to have the most Snow Lotus influence in her of the 3 plants. She looks like she is going to have a great yield on her and is stacking very nicely just over 5 weeks into flower. Top that off she is really packing on the frost and has a great smell to match. I find it very interesting that all 4 of these plants have always had an undeniable smell of fresh mint. Her branching is strong but they are starting to get some sway to them as she packs on the weight. I do plan to get her staked and tied up this weekend to give her a little bit of support.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Kalyx

Update Continued 11/28 - Day 85

Chem Lotus #2 (SkunkVA Chem 91' x Snow Lotus) - Flower Day 37

This girl is the smallest of the 3, she appears to be something special in a small package though. She is my favorite out of all of them right now and appears to lean the most towards the Chem in the cross. She stretched about 150-200% in size while her sisters were closer to 250-350% stretch. She has the least side branching out of the 3 plants as well but I just love the look, coloring and structure on her. All of these ladies are really packing on the frost but she appears to have the most at this stage in flower. She also has the strongest and most pungent of aromas. The Chem hits you first and the loudest when smelling her with hints of mint, sour, tart and burnt rubber. All 3 of these babies have a lot of show left to put on, really looking forward to seeing how these beauties progress and develop.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Chem Lotus #3 (SkunkVA Chem 91' x Snow Lotus) - Flower Day 28

She was the last to start flowering and is a little over a week behind her sisters. Just hitting 4 weeks in flower this girl is no slouch and is working hard to catch up to her sisters. Pheno wise she seems to be in the middle compared to the others. She isn't nearly as big and doesn't have nearly the side branching as CL#1 but she stretched more and has better branching than CL#2. Her overall structure appears much closer towards CL#1, leaf shape looking very similar and stretched nearly as much. Her branching is much more aligned with CL#2 and she smells very similar just not as strong of Chem aromas but has stronger minty notes. So excited and really looking forward to differences and similarities in these great plants.

picture.php

Kalyx

Update Continued 12/28 - Day 85

Chem Lotus #3 (SkunkVA Chem 91' x Snow Lotus) - Flower Day 28

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

3rdEye

Alchemical Botanist
Veteran
nice work there Kalyx. Plants are looking very good. How long were you thinking they will go before you chop? Nice way to represent bodhi. :)

Kalyx

@easternOG - Hey eastern thanks for stopping by man, good to hear from you. Times have been crazy busy lately but I am doing well and surviving this holiday season. I hope all is good and well with you?

@3rdEye - Thanks for stopping by and the kind words. Im thinking these girls will need at least 70 days of flower to finish up. Im thinking they will probably go 75 to 85 day range before they are ready for chop.

3rdEye

Alchemical Botanist
Veteran
@easternOG - Hey eastern thanks for stopping by man, good to hear from you. Times have been crazy busy lately but I am doing well and surviving this holiday season. I hope all is good and well with you?

@3rdEye - Thanks for stopping by and the kind words. Im thinking these girls will need at least 70 days of flower to finish up. Im thinking they will probably go 75 to 85 day range before they are ready for chop.

What kind of hightype are you expecting from these? I have a cross a friend of mine made of Goji X Floji, which is part Snow Lotus. Great to see what that plant can bring to crosses.