What's new

So...what's up today?

White Beard

The coco, the fiber pots, and the lime showed up - I went to had to grab a bin big enough to hydrate the coco, got a couple extra buckets (because, you know - *buckets*), filters for the AC, a board to fix the fence, and installed a mailbox.

Fixin’ to hydrate the coco, install the filters, and complain to the mailbox people...then go pick up some worms/castings, and put together a worm bucket. Then I’ll take a break, after which I’ll scoop the cat box, tie up the trash, put in a new bag, sort the recycling, and start the laundry.

I may get breakfast before sundown, but maybe not.

Then around dark, I’ll blend some of the unfertilized mix with the worm castings, and put some seeds in it. Then I’ll wander the net, post, comment, blow up some robots, and call it a night....

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
I was bit a dozen times last year. The wife makes me strip at the door. This year I have rain pants, rubber boots and a good anti tick spray. Guess I'll be wearing them from now to harvest.

We're headed for maggot burgers apparently. Time to be vegan. I hear they have the tofu right so you can't even tell....I love a good seared Angus steak as much as the next guy but I feel off for a couple of days after consumption.

White Beard

Today I get to do the things I didn’t complete from yesterday: hydrate the coco, finish the mix and set it cooking, make the worm bin (*have* the worms!). Got the other stuff done...beans are floating in 1:2 H2O2/H2O to get any baddies offa them. 5 will stay where they are, the other half goes into distilled water with a drop or two of seaweed. Tomorrow afternoon they’ll all go into castings.

N

nordie

near time to go water the money tree's, good ol coco, cup of coffee first.

White Beard

Today was oddly springlike for summer...warm sun, not hot, nice breeze

So the mix is ‘made’, just need to get the coco hydrated (5k brick)...directions said “add5 gallons” so I did...and 2 more so far, but not surprised. Not even close to 18 gallons so far. It also needs another bag or two of composted manure.

First, though, is getting 10 gal of coco

Got the worm bucket “made” and installed the worms with some thin cardboard, some newspaper, some coco, some moisture, and a banana. At least a pint of castings left behind.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
picture.php

Got the lawn looking good.