What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Agent Orange and attony genaral Sessions strike

Status
Not open for further replies.

gorilla ganja

It's soooo hard to figure out what Trump might do on anything he says.

If I were to guess though, he will not go against Rec states directly. California alone is the 6th largest economy in the word and he's going to be the greatest, "bestest" job creating president ever. Job one of any politician is to try and get re-elected. There are just too many people that voted for it. Over half the states are legal for medical.

He may try and stop illegal flow from legal to non-legal states. Or more likely try to stop the flow of money to Mexican cartels or any business not controlled by his sons.

I for one would like to see him sic the hounds on the opioid crisis instead.

Peace GG

Mukind

Why do people keep saying stupid shit like that

Who cares if cali is the 6th largest economy in the world

It's filled with American military bases and surrounded by the largest economy in the world...

Pure delusion that's going to factor in to his thoughts. Beyond teh political stink californians could raise. But it's not like a Republican has any reason to give a fuck

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
I don't care if Mother Theresa or fuckin' Pinocchio is President of the United States..

I'll never sign my name on a piece of govt. paper, just so I can have their "permission" to grow..

I kinda feel sorry for all of you folks who trusted them enough to do so...

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
I don't care if Mother Theresa or fuckin' Pinocchio is President of the United States..

I'll never sign my name on a piece of govt. paper, just so I can have their "permission" to grow..

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Mukind

Never, not even if it was just like growing tomatoes?

Which probably isn't without paperwork at any scale where you're bringing home an income.

I understand your sentiment though, didn't get into the life to sign paper work, just the opposite

seeded

Never, not even if it was just like growing tomatoes?

Which probably isn't without paperwork at any scale where you're bringing home an income.

I understand your sentiment though, didn't get into the life to sign paper work, just the opposite

The war will end when there's no risk of punishment for the personal use or cultivation of cannabis which a licensing system can't allow. Not only is it the very first place the government is going to look should they ever have a change of heart about the laws but a licensing system requires some measure of punishment for those that step outside their system.

Personally I consider taxation with further punishment for failure to comply a continuation of the war on drugs and not a condition of surrender.

Mukind

The war will end when there's no risk of punishment for the personal use or cultivation of cannabis which a licensing system can't allow. Not only is it the very first place the government is going to look should they ever have a change of heart about the laws but a licensing system requires some measure of punishment for those that step outside their system.

Personally I consider taxation with further punishment for failure to comply a continuation of the war on drugs and not a condition of surrender.

Well as long as you don't sell it (or in any way affect interstate commerce) it would be functionally that way. No taxes to grow tomatoes in your garden or paperwork. As long as you don't sell them

But to make any substantive amount of money on anything in this country 100% legally requires paperwork and taxes.

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
Well as long as you don't sell it (or in any way affect interstate commerce) it would be functionally that way. No taxes to grow tomatoes in your garden or paperwork. As long as you don't sell them

But to make any substantive amount of money on anything in this country 100% legally requires paperwork and taxes.

My brother had a friend, back in the 1970's that paid income tax, on what he sold, so no one would ask how he has a house with no income.

I would have no problem paying income tax, as long as I could write off expenses, like any other business.

The tax that Colorado charges is insane. Saw a show where a gram sold for $22.00 and then there was a sin tax of $8 to $10. That would be beyond the income and probably sales tax.

Mukind

Pretty sure most businesses you have to at least get a license if it's legal. So you've gotta do that. And all the industries have their own standards as well. So I think that's a bit much to ask for.

Can't expect them to just give us all carte blanche to sling and grow trees wherever whenever without even putting our names down on anything. Nothing else works that way

That tag system probably drives the cost of bud through teh fucking roof. If it was just like one camera at the entry/exits I'd probably not think much about it and just avoid it, but what they have seems wayy overboard.

I like the idea of watching my employees but I don't want them to feel me or the states eyeball up their butthole.

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
Can't expect them to just give us all carte blanche to sling and grow trees wherever whenever without even putting our names down on anything.

I think that's the point. We're so brainwashed by now, that we think it's acceptable for the government to tell us when and where we can PLANT SEEDS! Fuck, I get mad just thinking about it. Fuck the government!

Ill grow When i want and an much as I want, fuck the government. What folks have forgotten is The people if this country run the government, the government doesn't run us. Stand up fight back its our right and freedom to live in peace. Plant, grow, smoke:)

Mukind

I think that's the point. We're so brainwashed by now, that we think it's acceptable for the government to tell us when and where we can PLANT SEEDS! Fuck, I get mad just thinking about it. Fuck the government!

We can't make any money at all doing anything without paperwork...

it's the norm

expecting regulations to be less than on tomatoes is overdoing it

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
Hey brother, lots of people made lots of money when all this shit was underground.

I understand a lot of people are in this for the money. I am not. I grow my own and mind my own business. I don't need anybody's stamp of approval (which they can later take away, or worse, use against me.)

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
Hey brother, lots of people made lots of money when all this shit was underground.

I understand a lot of people are in this for the money. I am not. I grow my own and mind my own business. I don't need anybody's stamp of approval (which they can later take away, or worse, use against me.)

I honestly believe, but do not expect others to do so. If you are making a lot off growing, pay some false income tax, and spend a lot at local businesses. Give to ambulance/childrens charities/etc..

Not to be cynical but, keep receipts, on tax payment and charities.

DocTim420

The Doctor is OUT and has moved on...
My two cents--

1. If legal weed is "medical" and illegal weed is "recreational", then the lines between the two will become more blurred...and distinct. Having a medical card can only help your legal defense, should the need arise (call it "insurance"--people buy life insurance not so they can "collect" on the policy, but "just in case").

2. Federal Government is NOT required to enforce it's laws "uniformly", so US Attorneys can can proceed against one "class of people" (recreational pot users) while ignoring another class (medical pot users).

3. All this costs money. It takes money to defend and money to prosecute--those with the biggest stack of cash will usually win. Feds always have more money.

4. Rather than focus on "executive directives"--which EVERYONE now sees can change colors overnight when a new executive is placed in charged. Instead, cannabis activists should redirect their angst towards removing cannabis from Fed's Schedule I of Controlled Substances. This is the REAL problem...and happens to be the only REAL answer...remove it from the list and all enforcement disappears.

5. Never trust your government. Officials/representatives are permitted/authorized/instructed to LIE to it's citizens...but not vice versa. Lie to a government officials/representatives and say good bye to your freedom.

6. Posturing. Magicians always flash a "shiny object" to distract their audience as they do the "real trick". How much of this "recreational marijuana" rhetoric coming from Washington is about something else (shiny object)? In the mean time, Trumpy is telling "sanctuary states/cities" to start following federal immigration laws? Hmmm...funny how many "sanctuary states" are also "recreational pot" states. I submit one is about the other.

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
Hmmm...funny how many "sanctuary states" are also "recreational pot" states. I submit one is about the other.

Maybe it's because both those sets of states represent the more progressive side of USA, I dunno.

DocTim420

The Doctor is OUT and has moved on...
typical of the R's....theyre all about states rights until its something they dont like.

Ahhh, but my Republican Congressman is NOT like the others. My guy Rohrbacker helped create the Congressional Cannabis Caucus (what did your guy do?)..lol.

BTW--not all R's are bad, and not all D's are good.

From Wiki--

The Congressional Cannabis Caucus is a bipartisan registered Congressional Member Organization in the United States Congress, which was formed during the 115th United States Congress in 2017. The caucus was founded by Republicans Dana Rohrabacher and Don Young and Democrats Earl Blumenauer and Jared Polis. The goal of the caucus is to harmonize federal laws that prohibit medical and recreational cannabis use with state laws that permit it.
Background

Dana Rohrabacher, a Republican member of the United States House of Representatives from California, coauthored the Rohrabacher–Farr amendment, which was passed by the 113th United States Congress in 2014. The amendment prevented the United States Department of Justice from using its funding to challenge states that have approved medical cannabis laws.[1] Meanwhile, Earl Blumenauer, a member of House of Representatives from Oregon in the Democratic Party, supported Oregon Ballot Measure 91 in 2014, legalizing recreational cannabis in Oregon.[2] Rohrabacher endorsed the Adult Use of Marijuana Act, which legalized recreational cannabis in California in 2016,[3] and acknowledged using medical cannabis to treat his arthritis.[4]

In 2016, Blumenauer and Rohrabacher agreed to form a congressional caucus to streamline cannabis reform legislation at the federal level, considering it a states' rights issue.[5] In February 2017, Rohrabacher and Blumenauer launched the caucus with Jared Polis, a Democrat from Colorado, and Don Young a Republican from Alaska.[6][7][8] The caucus intends to increase medical research into cannabis and change regulations on banking and taxation for cannabis businesses.[9]

Ahhh, but my Republican Congressman is NOT like the others. My guy Rohrbacker helped create the Congressional Cannabis Caucus (what did your guy do?)..lol.

BTW--not all R's are bad, and not all D's are good.

From Wiki--

The Congressional Cannabis Caucus is a bipartisan registered Congressional Member Organization in the United States Congress, which was formed during the 115th United States Congress in 2017. The caucus was founded by Republicans Dana Rohrabacher and Don Young and Democrats Earl Blumenauer and Jared Polis. The goal of the caucus is to harmonize federal laws that prohibit medical and recreational cannabis use with state laws that permit it.
Background

Dana Rohrabacher, a Republican member of the United States House of Representatives from California, coauthored the Rohrabacher–Farr amendment, which was passed by the 113th United States Congress in 2014. The amendment prevented the United States Department of Justice from using its funding to challenge states that have approved medical cannabis laws.[1] Meanwhile, Earl Blumenauer, a member of House of Representatives from Oregon in the Democratic Party, supported Oregon Ballot Measure 91 in 2014, legalizing recreational cannabis in Oregon.[2] Rohrabacher endorsed the Adult Use of Marijuana Act, which legalized recreational cannabis in California in 2016,[3] and acknowledged using medical cannabis to treat his arthritis.[4]

In 2016, Blumenauer and Rohrabacher agreed to form a congressional caucus to streamline cannabis reform legislation at the federal level, considering it a states' rights issue.[5] In February 2017, Rohrabacher and Blumenauer launched the caucus with Jared Polis, a Democrat from Colorado, and Don Young a Republican from Alaska.[6][7][8] The caucus intends to increase medical research into cannabis and change regulations on banking and taxation for cannabis businesses.[9]

dana rohrbacher is a good guy when it comes to cannabis. hes the exception.

ill also agree that not all R's are bad and not all D's are good. prime example is joe manchin D-WV is not even close to being a democrat. hes a republican masquerading as a democrat.

as for my guy or should i say girl(elizabeth warren) she has supported our movement publicly and in the senate, grilling jeff sessions in his confirmation hearing.

igrowone

Veteran
My two cents--
2. Federal Government is NOT required to enforce it's laws "uniformly", so US Attorneys can can proceed against one "class of people" (recreational pot users) while ignoring another class (medical pot users).

hmm, so for example 1 class of people could be white people
no prosecution of whites for possession of cannabis
doubt that would work legally

Grizz

Veteran
a lot of interesting points of view have been expressed, I can see truths in all of them and problems in all of them, we live in the greatest country in the world and it hasent been easy to get it , people have gave there lives for it. granted the war on marijuana is a political mess, if it wasent for the fact that the states government see the chance to make millions it would still be totally illegal , money is the deciding factor in all this but I don't know if Bannon and Trump and Sessions will all agree, I doubt it, Nevada plans to go ahead with rec and plans on opening shop in July,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts