What's new

Agent Orange and attony genaral Sessions strike

Status
Not open for further replies.

PDX Dopesmoker

I think its pretty logical to assume that attorney general Boss Hogg hates hippies as much as he hates certain racial & religious groups. To that kind of stereotype's stereotypical mind weed=hippies and furthering the bad news is that hippies can be attacked without accusation of bias via the cannabis regulations. A dude like Boss Hogg drools when he thinks about taking money and property from his enemies. Trump has already been throwing around the term "drug lords" and you all know the careerists in government will follow orders with a snappy salute when he says to start putting weed growers in jail. Giving that class of folks the benefit of the doubt is a dangerous gamble, they never been anything but awful in the past. I think we will see them trying to punish the west coast for opposition via this avenue as soon as they can get their head out of their ass and actually start conduction business, which seems like it could be a while.
Lets not forget the The Dukes of Hazard was a comedy

sc2uh0xt.jpg

Grizz

Veteran
I think its pretty logical to assume that attorney general Boss Hogg hates hippies as much as he hates certain racial & religious groups. To that kind of stereotype's stereotypical mind weed=hippies and furthering the bad news is that hippies can be attacked without accusation of bias via the cannabis regulations. A dude like Boss Hogg drools when he thinks about taking money and property from his enemies. Trump has already been throwing around the term "drug lords" and you all know the careerists in government will follow orders with a snappy salute when he says to start putting weed growers in jail. Giving that class of folks the benefit of the doubt is a dangerous gamble, they never been anything but awful in the past. I think we will see them trying to punish the west coast for opposition via this avenue as soon as they can get their head out of their ass and actually start conduction business, which seems like it could be a while.
Lets not forget the The Dukes of Hazard was a comedy

View Image
I agree with your thoughts, Trump is a vindictive ass, you saw how fast Paul Ryan kissed his ass after the election and 90% of the State senators are falling in line to, I figure they will pick and choose who they fuck with, go for the big operations so they can seize as much money and assets as they can and make a example of them and scare as many as they can, I hope I am wrong

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
I agree with your thoughts, Trump is a vindictive ass, you saw how fast Paul Ryan kissed his ass after the election and 90% of the State senators are falling in line to, I figure they will pick and choose who they fuck with, go for the big operations so they can seize as much money and assets as they can and make a example of them and scare as many as they can, I hope I am wrong

Here is the definition of Histrionic Personality Disorder -

People with HPD are usually high-functioning, both socially and professionally. They usually have good social skills, despite tending to use them to manipulate others into making them the center of attention.[4] HPD may also affect a person's social and/or romantic relationships, as well as their ability to cope with losses or failures. They may seek treatment for clinical depression when romantic (or other close personal) relationships end.

Individuals with HPD often fail to see their own personal situation realistically, instead dramatizing and exaggerating their difficulties. They may go through frequent job changes, as they become easily bored and may prefer withdrawing from frustration (instead of facing it). Because they tend to crave novelty and excitement, they may place themselves in risky situations. All of these factors may lead to greater risk of developing clinical depression.[5]

Additional characteristics may include:

Exhibitionist behavior
Constant seeking of reassurance or approval
Excessive sensitivity to criticism or disapproval
Pride of own personality and unwillingness to change, viewing any change as a threat
Inappropriately seductive appearance or behavior of a sexual nature
Using somatic symptoms (of physical illness) to garner attention
A need to be the center of attention
Low tolerance for frustration or delayed gratification
Rapidly shifting emotional states that may appear superficial or exaggerated to others
Tendency to believe that relationships are more intimate than they actually are
Making rash decisions[4]
Blaming personal failures or disappointments on others
Being easily influenced by others, especially those who treat them approvingly
Being overly dramatic and emotional[6]

Here is another good article - http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2015/11/donald-trump-narcissism-therapists

DocTim420

The Doctor is OUT and has moved on...
Here is the definition of Histrionic Personality Disorder -

People with HPD are usually high-functioning, both socially and professionally. They usually have good social skills, despite tending to use them to manipulate others into making them the center of attention.[4] HPD may also affect a person's social and/or romantic relationships, as well as their ability to cope with losses or failures. They may seek treatment for clinical depression when romantic (or other close personal) relationships end.

Individuals with HPD often fail to see their own personal situation realistically, instead dramatizing and exaggerating their difficulties. They may go through frequent job changes, as they become easily bored and may prefer withdrawing from frustration (instead of facing it). Because they tend to crave novelty and excitement, they may place themselves in risky situations. All of these factors may lead to greater risk of developing clinical depression.[5]

Additional characteristics may include:

Exhibitionist behavior
Constant seeking of reassurance or approval
Excessive sensitivity to criticism or disapproval
Pride of own personality and unwillingness to change, viewing any change as a threat
Inappropriately seductive appearance or behavior of a sexual nature
Using somatic symptoms (of physical illness) to garner attention
A need to be the center of attention
Low tolerance for frustration or delayed gratification
Rapidly shifting emotional states that may appear superficial or exaggerated to others
Tendency to believe that relationships are more intimate than they actually are
Making rash decisions[4]
Blaming personal failures or disappointments on others
Being easily influenced by others, especially those who treat them approvingly
Being overly dramatic and emotional[6]

Here is another good article - http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2015/11/donald-trump-narcissism-therapists

Are you describing Trump or Obama? IMO, what you list certainly describe their behaviors to a "tee". Both of them lack "thick skin" and demand "to be the center of attention". I guess all Presidents have this illness.

mojave green

rockin in the free world
Veteran
Asset Forfeiture — The federal government can seize any assets used in the commission of drug crimes or gained from the sale of drugs, including marijuana. Many marijuana businesses, especially cultivation companies, spend millions of dollars on their facilities, including greenhouses, HVAC equipment, lights, moisture control, etc. All this property is subject to federal seizure. The mere threat of seizure tends to affect capital markets as well. Lenders don’t value collateral at market rates because of the chance that it can be seized by the federal government. But just like boots on the ground enforcement, asset forfeiture cannot be used against thousands of state-legal marijuana businesses at once. Asset forfeiture cases can involve significant litigation, and it would take a huge influx of legal power in the Department of Justice to manage a significant increase in federal forfeiture cases.

heres what jeff sessions had to say today:

"Most of you probably know I don’t think America is going to be a better place when more people of all ages and particularly young people start smoking pot," Sessions said during an exchange with reporters at the Justice Department. "I believe it's an unhealthy practice and current levels of THC in marijuana are very high compared to what they were a few years ago."

"We're seeing real violence around that," Sessions said. "Experts are telling me there's more violence around marijuana than one would think and there's big money involved."

"I'm definitely not a fan of expanded use of marijuana," he said. "States they can pass the laws they choose. I would just say it does remain a violation of federal law to distribute marijuana throughout any place in the United States, whether a state legalizes it or not."

"Most states have some limits on it and, already, people are violating those limits," the attorney general said. "We're going to look at it. ... and try to adopt responsible policies."

Mukind

"Most of you probably know I don’t think America is going to be a better place when more people of all ages and particularly young people start smoking pot," Sessions said during an exchange with reporters at the Justice Department. "I believe it's an unhealthy practice and current levels of THC in marijuana are very high compared to what they were a few years ago."

"We're seeing real violence around that," Sessions said. "Experts are telling me there's more violence around marijuana than one would think and there's big money involved."

"I'm definitely not a fan of expanded use of marijuana," he said. "States they can pass the laws they choose. I would just say it does remain a violation of federal law to distribute marijuana throughout any place in the United States, whether a state legalizes it or not."

"Most states have some limits on it and, already, people are violating those limits," the attorney general said. "We're going to look at it. ... and try to adopt responsible policies."

I wonder what limits he was talking about.

I'm tempted to go look up the full interview but he probably just pulled that out of his ass

paper thorn

Veteran

Not the kind of thing I was expecting from him after reading all the doom and gloom and "oh no, Trump's orange" and all the other BS meaningless anti-Trump crap. Sounds like a reasonable thing coming from someone (sessions) who really knows nothing about MJ.

Hopefully MPP and the legal mj business associations have their best lawyers getting in touch with sessions so he hears the truth.

I think it sounds like there's hope.:)

PDX Dopesmoker

Well I hope you're wrong too, but I think that anyone old enough to remember the height of the war on drugs might wonder if similar levels of caution might be prudent until it becomes apparent that engaging in state sanctioned activity really is a get out of jail free card.

igrowone

Veteran

sounds in line with his prior brain farts
big players will get the scrutiny
but a long ways from a roll back of state law by federal enforcement
a toothless dog snarling? i can only hope

Bob Green

There is a few articles on the subject but here is a quick link.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ibus-cup-marijuana-festival/98513116/?ref=yfp

NATION NOW
Feds threaten to shut down giant Las Vegas marijuana festival

Jenny Kane | Reno (Nev.) Gazette-JournalUpdated 6 hours ago

U.S. Attorney Daniel Bogden, based in Las Vegas, sent a Feb. 16 letter to the Moapa Paiute Tribe reminding the tribe that the transport, possession, use and distribution of marijuana is illegal under federal law. The marijuana trade show and festival, planned for March 4 and 5, would be in violation of that law, according to the letter obtained by the Reno Gazette-Journal.

In this 2013 file photo, partygoers smoke marijuana during a Prohibition-era themed New Year's Eve ...more
AP file
"I am informed that the tribal council is moving forward with the planned marijuana event referred to as the 2017 High TimesCannabis Cup because it is under the impression that the so-called 'Cole Memorandum' and subsequent memoranda from the Department of Justice permit marijuana use, possession and distribution on tribal lands when the state law also permits it. Unfortunately, this is an incorrect interpretation of the Department's position on this issue."

The Cole Memorandum provides guidance to federal officials in states that have legalized marijuana in some form. In 2011, then-Deputy Attorney James Cole directed all U.S. attorneys to take into account local laws when looking at marijuana enforcement, which allowed officials to give lesser priority to marijuana crimes.

Another memo, the Guidance Memorandum, indicates that tribal governments and U.S. attorneys should consult government-to-government as issues arise.

"Nothing in the Guidance Memorandum or the Cole Memorandum alters the authority or jurisdiction of the United States to enforce federal law in Indian Country or elsewhere," Bogden wrote in the letter.

The tribe has since been working with the U.S. Attorney's Office in Nevada to resolve the conflict, according to tribal chairman Darren Daboda. The U.S. Attorney's Office confirmed the letter, but declined comment.

The passage of Question 2, however, put tribes in a predicament since many American Indian tribes' budgets rely heavily on federal funding. Daboda said that, while the tribal council was concerned about federal funding being pulled from the Moapa Band of Paiutes, the council passed its own regulations to be applied on the reservation and also has been speaking regularly with the U.S. Attorney's Office in teleconferences to keep in good standing with federal officials.

Nevada Sen. Tick Segerblom, D-Las Vegas, says recreational pot could draw Democrats to the polls ...more
AP
Daboda did not know what percentage of the tribe's budget came from the federal government, nor did he disclose how much money the tribe was making off of the Cannabis Cup.

Sen. Tick Segerblom, D-Las Vegas, will be proposing a bill later this legislative session to address recreational marijuana policies for tribes in-state.

"This is the kind of event that we’d like to see in Nevada. This could be a huge boost for the tourism industry,” said Segerblom, a staunch advocate for marijuana.

Even if the event is carried out as planned, the tribe is uncertain whether it will pursue further involvement with the cannabis industry because the White House recently suggested that it would have "greater enforcement" of the federal prohibition of marijuana.

White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer said last week that federal officials would focus their efforts toward enforcing the recreational marijuana prohibition, but federal officials would not come after those in the medical marijuana industry. Sessions this week, however, stated that states can pass laws, though the federal government has the right to enforce federal law as well.

Eight states, including Nevada, and the District of Columbia have legalized recreational marijuana, and more than two dozen states have legalized medical marijuana.

Asked whether cannabis would be present at the Cannabis Cup this weekend, Daboda said he was not sure.

"We're working on (that) right now," he said.

Bob Green

I can't edit yet but the cancellation has yet to be confirmed. It's up to the event host to cancel. But they already sold a shitload of tickets. Maybe they will turn it into a concert and drop the cup portion to save some embarrassment.

But the threats are very real.

This is what's called "setting the tone" and they are coming out swinging.

Grizz

Veteran
I can't edit yet but the cancellation has yet to be confirmed. It's up to the event host to cancel. But they already sold a shitload of tickets. Maybe they will turn it into a concert and drop the cup portion to save some embarrassment.

But the threats are very real.

This is what's called "setting the tone" and they are coming out swinging.
thanks Bob for the info, it doesent sound good,

Status
Not open for further replies.