What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Rand Paul wins Senate Primary, soon to be a pro-legalization senator!

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cyber echo

lobbying is not a bad thing. If you have ever made a suggestion or given your opinion to a politician then you lobbied your point of view. We lobby for the ending of prohibition of cannabis all the time. Big pharma and other industries lobby against it.

If you want to stop lobbying then you want to stop free speech.

Id much rather stop buyoffs.. payouts... and political favors.

^^
This

The system is not as bad as the people who are exploiting it's mechanics.

Fuzz420

Ganja Smoker Extraordinaire
Veteran
Register Independant. ;)

Great news for Kentucky and the movement forward!

ah, but in kentucky independents get the shaft. Indies dont get a vote in the primary election so all independent candidates are on the general ballot.The system here clearly promotes a two party system. Ill be back in the fall.

Last edited:

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Texas is the same as Kentucky as in you can only vote in the primaries for whatever political party you are registered to. Another reason the Paul's have to use the Republican name brand.

It's the way the system maintains the two party false paradigm.

GP73LPC

Strain Collector/Seed Junkie/Landrace Accumulator/
Veteran
REAL change comes when we break the evil cycle of lobbyism.
if people have to pay huge money to keep their venture going....its probably something the people don't want, or need in the first place.
example? tobacco.
example? big oil.

want REAL change?

eliminate each and every blood sucking encumbant that sits their dust covered ass in a senate seat.

this, my friends, is how real, non violent change can occur.

its not about blue or red.
its not about elephant or jackass.

its about taking OUR country BACK.

but, alas, i guarantee most of the talkers here aren't even registered to vote. which is a travesty unto itself.

REGISTER
VOTE

ELIMINATE the EVIL ENCUMBANTS!!!

-a patriot.

http://www.voteoutallincumbents.com/

lobbying is not a bad thing. If you have ever made a suggestion or given your opinion to a politician then you lobbied your point of view. We lobby for the ending of prohibition of cannabis all the time. Big pharma and other industries lobby against it.

agreed, lobbying is ok.

buyoffs, payouts, bribes, favors not good. some how we have to make our lawmakers believe this... good luck with that :jerkit:

trichosaurus

*Stoned User*
Veteran
ah, but in kentucky independents get the shaft. Indies dont get a vote in the primary election so all independent candidates are on the primary ballot.The system here clearly promotes a two party system. Ill be back in the fall.

Realized that after I posted. Im registered as a dem so I guess my choice didnt count. But Ill be sure to get my mark on the Nov ballot. :tiphat:

GP73LPC

Strain Collector/Seed Junkie/Landrace Accumulator/
Veteran
Both Ron and Rand have spoken publicly about the legalization of not just weed but all drugs and Rand has just won a MAJOR political seat by double digits.
EDIT: They support legalization but would essentially toss the issue back each state and repeal FED drug laws

Do you have any links on this topic?

from what i can find Rand Paul won't comment. he says he supports states rights... his website definitely does not take a stance unlike his father who denounces the war on drugs...

i did find this tidbit... this doesn't sound too favorable towards legalization.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/2382373/posts

One idea Paul proposed was imposing drug testing on those who receive government benefits. He explained, “If you’re giving people money from the government, perhaps you could tie the money from taxpayers to the drugs.”

hoosierdaddy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I still hate fox news. I still hate the majority of the tea baggers..., and really still I fucking hate glen beck, rush limbaugh, sarah palin, And Michelle Bachman. they can all rot in hell.... but I hate to say it, but I think I might like this guy.

See, here is the problem...you hate all these people, yet I bet you don't really have much of a handle on any of their stances. You hate the idea of right wing.
That is a personal problem you need to deal with, but it also infects a large portion of our society. A lot of work needs to be done with the mentality of our community, that is for sure.

Until we get these preconceived notions of hate out of our skulls, we are never going to be victorious in ANY real battle.
And until folks realize that it is not the left wing that is going to back us up, but rather the folks who champion personal liberties, who are right winged, we will continue to wallow around in the muck as common criminals as we have done for decades now.

A message is going to be sent in this nation, and it would be a great time for a paradigm shift to occur in our collective mentality.
First move is to cull stupid shit out of our head...stupid shit like what you posted, HZ.

Dr Leary

At first glance I was very excited about the sound messaging that was coming out of the Tea Party. I was just about to join my local chapter and start donating $10 a month to the cause, then i looked a little deeper (especially into Glenn Beck, who speaks at TP ralleys, also Palin is clearly an idiot with no capacity to lead).

My conclusion is: The Tea Party is the same old Republican party in sheep's clothing. Now that the religious right is pouring in I am definitely turned off. One thing that is missing from the Tea Party's agenda is ensuring separation of church and state. You wont see it because the same citizens that got Bush reelected (how could that freekn happen) for a second term will organize and get their agenda done via the Tea Party.

Do you remember the Ashcroft/Bush years. Don't forget that one of the first things Obama did when he got into power was to reverse Bush directives that restricted our civil liberties and to back off the fed from overriding power over states.

Marijuana is a moral issue for the religious right, therefore I suspect if the Tea Party gets into power we will see backward progress on marijuana legislation and more importantly our civil liberties.

hoosierdaddy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
The religious right, as you call it, does not lead the TEA party thing. Not at all. Where are you getting your information that forms your conclusions?

And MJ is a personal issue, and nothing more. I have not heard of or seen the advocating for, or lobbying against MJ in any church. MJ is not an issue that is part of our mainstream judea-christian church teachings. We see no Cjristian or Jewish groups lobbying against pot.

I think many of you make up your minds of how things are by something you may have seen or heard, but you may want to reexamine things if that's all it takes to make up your mind of how things really are.

Clackamas Coot

Veteran
See, here is the problem...you hate all these people, yet I bet you don't really have much of a handle on any of their stances. You hate the idea of right wing.
That is a personal problem you need to deal with, but it also infects a large portion of our society. A lot of work needs to be done with the mentality of our community, that is for sure.
Let's feel the Hoosier love, mkay?
I see that you are a big talker hiding behind your computer screen. I highly doubt you run your cocksucker like that to people in real life. I for sure know you don't run it like that in person, not without some dental assistance being needed to get your tooth worked on.
Good start for the 'intellectual discussion' paradigm you're boasting about, eh?
See, you spouted that stupid shit for so long you actually believe it. OR...you are too far into the abyss of the lies your types tells and the rest swear to it that you try lamely to resort to comedy.

I don't find your stupid shit one bit funny. High sign of low intelligence. Probably why so many knee jerk reactionary statements in this thread.
I need a hankie - that was so touching indeed.

Anyone else have the sniffles?

CC

ItsGrowTime

gets some
Veteran
At first glance I was very excited about the sound messaging that was coming out of the Tea Party. I was just about to join my local chapter and start donating $10 a month to the cause, then i looked a little deeper (especially into Glenn Beck, who speaks at TP ralleys, also Palin is clearly an idiot with no capacity to lead).

My is conclusion: This is the Tea Party is the same old Republican party in sheep's clothing. Now that the religious right is pouring in I am definitely turned off. One thing that is missing from the Tea Party's agenda is ensuring separation of church and state. You wont see it because the same citizens that got Bush reelected (how could that freekn happen) for a second term will organize and get their agenda done via the Tea Party.

Do you remember the Ashcroft/Bush years. Don't forget that one of the first things Obama did when he got into power was to reverse Bush directives that restricted our civil liberties and to back off the fed from overriding power over states.

Marijuana is a moral issue for the religious right, therefore I suspect if the Tea Party gets into power we will see backward progress on marijuana legislation and more importantly our civil liberties.

Rand Paul's candidacy is directly spawned from his father's 2008 presidential campaign and the first Tea Party event (Dec 16 2007). It is NOT an offshoot of the "Tea Party(tm)" that's been co-opted by Fox News and the RNC. Now it's true that Rand isn't 100% the same idealogically as his father but he's leaps and bounds better than what's sitting in the US Senate right now.

There simply is two Tea Party movements but you'd never know it by following the media.

This is absolutely HUGE and very good news for an otherwise fuct up day I am having.

Thank you Bill for posting this. Both Ron and Rand are true republicans. Yes they represent the libertarian side now, but they really represent a REAL republican party. You know, when America was originally formed as a REPUBLIC and NOT a democracy. You know, when we fought to free ourselves from Britain, and then ended up becoming JUST LIKE THEM (as well as in their pocket)!
They stand for our rights, they know the difference between lawful and legal, and above all....they are out to either get rid of, or at least reform the central banking policy that has us all enslaved since the day your birth certificate was signed (where a natural person becomes a corporation).

I might just shed a tear lol.

C

Carl Carlson

more importantly if you care about the future of the USA, Rand Paul, like his father, is not a member of the Republicrat, Crony-Capitalist, War Party. Go Pauls go!!! Fuck what the party leaders want.

hubcap

StackinCalyxs
Veteran

valid point.
but you get my drift...

when companies have to pay legislators for their poison to remain legal to sell to the american public, while free speech, yes, it doesnt make it right.

lets not mix up free speech and 'evil' lobbying (as opposed to legal and morally right lobbying)

but i digress.

time for change

-cap

C

Carl Carlson

This is absolutely HUGE and very good news for an otherwise fuct up day I am having.

Thank you Bill for posting this. Both Ron and Rand are true republicans. Yes they represent the libertarian side now, but they really represent a REAL republican party. You know, when America was originally formed as a REPUBLIC and NOT a democracy. You know, when we fought to free ourselves from Britain, and then ended up becoming JUST LIKE THEM (as well as in their pocket)!
They stand for our rights, they know the difference between lawful and legal, and above all....they are out to either get rid of, or at least reform the central banking policy that has us all enslaved since the day your birth certificate was signed (where a natural person becomes a corporation).

I might just shed a tear lol.

I hear what you're saying, but the party is what it is and they are not true Republicans. What you meant is they are true friends of the Old Republic. Unfortunately the OR is long dead.

Bitch McConnell is a true Republican.

The Pauls are true economic conservatives, Constitutionalists and not beholden to Wall Street campaign cash.

hoosierdaddy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good start for the 'intellectual discussion' paradigm you're boasting about, eh?
I said nothing about an intellectual discussion paradigm. What I said was a paradigm shift in our collective mentality. Much of which has it's head up it's ass, and backs the side of things that are more likely to screw them royal...but bless their hearts they just don't seem to realize or recognize.
You bring in a quote from another thread trying to show that I have no credibility just because of the words I used...but you don't provide what I was responding to. In any event, you are presenting dumb shit arguments. Try hitting on the topic a time or two and see how your words shake out. I'm betting not much more than the other knee jerk jerks.

And can I assume that you also subscribe to lies, misrepresentations and bullshit to go along with heavy servings of squelching personal freedoms and liberty? Is that why you tried to belittle my reply to kallicokitty? Do you also think the way it does?

C

Carl Carlson

Right you can't ban lobbying, as insidious as the worst of it is... Because it is free speech.

ideas:

1. balanced budget Constitutional amendment

????

Clackamas Coot

Veteran
ideas:

1. balanced budget Constitutional amendment

????
Wasn't that one of the tenets of Newtie Patootie's Contract On America during the mid-term elections in 1994?

How did that work out when the Senate Republican Brahmins shot it down, specifically Senator Mark Hatfield? The story goes that Hatfield took Newtie to the top of the mountain and showed him how the boar runs through the buckwheat.

Eh - it was a nice try.

CC

I hear what you're saying, but the party is what it is and they are not true Republicans. What you meant is they are true friends of the Old Republic. Unfortunately the OR is long dead.

Bitch McConnell is a true Republican.

The Pauls are true economic conservatives, Constitutionalists and not beholden to Wall Street campaign cash.

Much better...thank you Carl. That is a better way of stating my point. My point being they are Constitutionalists and they still believe in the freedom our country was founded on, and that it belonged to the people, not the "Wall Street campaign cash".

Forget the tear I might shed, now I just might pee myself.
Exiting stuff...this mixed with Cali's, and Oregon's potential legalization, AND the talks in Jaurez. Are things really looking like they might turn around or am I dreaming?

Dr Leary

The religious right, as you call it, does not lead the TEA party thing. Not at all. Where are you getting your information that forms your conclusions?

And MJ is a personal issue, and nothing more. I have not heard of or seen the advocating for, or lobbying against MJ in any church. MJ is not an issue that is part of our mainstream judea-christian church teachings. We see no Cjristian or Jewish groups lobbying against pot.

I think many of you make up your minds of how things are by something you may have seen or heard, but you may want to reexamine things if that's all it takes to make up your mind of how things really are.
I didn't say the religious right was leading the Tea party. I said...."Now that the religious right is pouring in I am definitely turned off. "

As you suggest I reexamined this topic and this is what i found
http://www.prospect.org/cs/articles?article=tea_party_meet_the_religious_right
It comment's on the Tea Party's national convention..... Speakers joining Palin include Rick Scarborough, Roy Moore, and Joseph Farah, men who are radical even by religious-right standards. Their presence shows that the tea-party movement is no longer merely populist, libertarian, or anti-government, if it ever was. It is theocratic. Indeed, after several months in which the religious right seemed lost and dispirited, it has found a way to ride the tea-party express into renewed relevance

DC rally in March 09 is this the Tea Party you speak of? sounds like a lot of Obama bashing. hmmm smells like the red state south that is bitter about losing control. Can these people even articulate the issues, do they even know the facts? you decide..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUPMjC9mq5Y

This is the National Convention in Feb 2010 more Obama bashing. Did we forget about what happened to this country during the bush years?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHItY5Anj3s

Is this the Tea Party you embrace? Am I missing something here cuz I really want government reform.

All I can conclude from what I find is.... Tea Party = Republican party in sheep's clothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.