What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Rand Paul wins Senate Primary, soon to be a pro-legalization senator!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The major opponent of Rand Paul in the Kentucky Senate race has conceded. Rand will in all likelihood go on to become a pro-liberty, or more importantly, pro-legalization Senator.

This is huge....

For those of you who don't know, he is the son of Ron Paul who has been campaigning since the 1970s on many issues. I remember the first thing that caught my eye about him was that he did not take one dime in political contributions from a special interest. He was also the first politician I saw that would straight-up answer a question.

Both Ron and Rand have spoken publicly about the legalization of not just weed but all drugs and Rand has just won a MAJOR political seat by double digits.
EDIT: They support legalization but would essentially toss the issue back each state and repeal FED drug laws
Does anyone remember when Jim Bunning, which Rand Paul will likely replace, refused to allow the jobs benefits extension bill get through. Having just one person simply stand up on something like that can go amazingly far. He had the Senate under his thumb, I remember him bitching about how he was missing college basketball or some shit. The voting in of at least one principled senator is major.

Any one else support limited government policies?
What kind of effects will this have on the legalization movement?
Does this reflect us entering a major shifting point?

-BILLO

PS...

Some crazy shit has happened and will continue to happen this year.

Anyone who knows about Timewave Zero knows that. (search T McKenna)

Texicannibus

noob
Veteran
Personally these are the guys I want legalizing but unfortunately there not the strongest force in the republican party. Im hopeful that a libertarian resurgence is on the rise.

ItsGrowTime

gets some
Veteran
Go Rand! His primary victory proves that the old "I won't vote for him because he can't win" stuff is just nonsense. Rand was written off early and instead raised a shit ton of money from REAL people (not lobbyists) and won the primary in a landslide.

Vote with your conscience and you will never lose an election!

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This is great news! He has Anti-War Anti-Banker blood. It's a step in the right direction to stopping this madness.

For anyone who is hating because he claims the Republican ticket, of course he is going to use the word "Republican". Political party terms are abstract pop culture fiction these days. Of course he is going to use the name brand. This is a big company after all. It's all about selling the customer.

:jump:

MostHigh

Not to burst any bubbles...

Not to burst any bubbles...

For Paul to win the seat...he's got a huge numbers problem to overcome. And for sake the tea party was so enthused about getting all their supporters out to vote...its doubly bad news considering the democrats did not put much energy into getting their support out to the polls.

Tonight's voter turnout for the KY republican primary...348,850

Vs. the voter turnout for the KY democratic primary ...513,659

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/politics/elections/2010/may-18-races/kentucky.html

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It's a start lol. Interesting political dynamics in the coming months.

End the Drug War and you can end a lot of the lies. Druggies need rehab not prison.

For Paul to win the seat...he's got a huge numbers problem to overcome. And for sake the tea party was so enthused about getting all their supporters out to vote...its doubly bad news considering the democrats did not put much energy into getting their support out to the polls.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/politics/elections/2010/may-18-races/kentucky.html

Rand has been consistently polling double digit leads against his democratic counterparts if I recall correctly.

man, i don't wanna go to rehab.....
j/p, i like the paul's and their principles, i always hear the black and minority senators and rep's saying that the paul's are elitists and racists. which is utter bs. we need more politicians like them, lower term limits, less gov't and yesssssss, we need toe end the war on drugs and start the war on uhhhhhhh brussel sprouts or something the kids will enjoy. if you can't do something well, do something entertaining for the kids dammit.

statusquo

What does timewave zero have to do with this subject/post? I thought that was about how technology and novelty is exponentially increasing and this will result in the dawn of a new era. For example once we have the ability to control the evolution of our own species at the molecular level and add, remove and improve biological organs at will I think that would qualify as an era changing ability/a new species all together.

It really has nothing to do with Rand. I threw in TZ because I was baked and just thinking about the crazy shit that has been going on especially lately.

We're due for a big plunge into novelty later this year.

Fuzz420

Ganja Smoker Extraordinaire
Veteran
i went to vote for him but i forgot that in primaries in ky you can only vote for your registered party

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I still hate fox news. I still hate the majority of the tea baggers..., and really still I fucking hate glen beck, rush limbaugh, sarah palin, And Michelle Bachman. they can all rot in hell.... but I hate to say it, but I think I might like this guy.

ItsGrowTime

gets some
Veteran

Rand has had a 16 point polling lead for weeks and weeks. The outcome of the Republican race was pretty much decided a while ago. The Dem primary however had been polling much, much closer. This is a big reason for the difference in turnout and a basic principle of election turnout. Less people show up to vote when the outcome is already decided by polling. It will mean little in the general election. Also, KY is a blue state (53% Dem iirc) but tends to vote Republican for federal positions. I fully expect KY to elect Rand in November. Take it to the bank.

hubcap

StackinCalyxs
Veteran
REAL change comes when we break the evil cycle of lobbyism.
if people have to pay huge money to keep their venture going....its probably something the people don't want, or need in the first place.
example? tobacco.
example? big oil.

want REAL change?

eliminate each and every blood sucking encumbant that sits their dust covered ass in a senate seat.

this, my friends, is how real, non violent change can occur.

its not about blue or red.
its not about elephant or jackass.

its about taking OUR country BACK.

but, alas, i guarantee most of the talkers here aren't even registered to vote. which is a travesty unto itself.

REGISTER
VOTE

ELIMINATE the EVIL ENCUMBANTS!!!

-a patriot.

Texicannibus

noob
Veteran
lobbying is not a bad thing. If you have ever made a suggestion or given your opinion to a politician then you lobbied your point of view. We lobby for the ending of prohibition of cannabis all the time. Big pharma and other industries lobby against it.

If you want to stop lobbying then you want to stop free speech.

Id much rather stop buyoffs.. payouts... and political favors.

FreeMan

PS...

Some crazy shit has happened and will continue to happen this year.

Anyone who knows about Timewave Zero knows that. (search T McKenna)

Timewave indeed sir... all boundaries are dissolving. The fractal nature of the universe is becoming clearer each day. Just out of interest do you also observe timewave on a personal level? I've noticed many changes in my life recently which are very much in line and if things continue as they are I'm set for an extremely novel year. It doesn't matter how much I try to control a situation it descends into chaos. Riding the waves is the only good strategy I've found for dealing with it. Hold on to your hats everyone, the eschaton approaches. :ying:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts