What's new

HUMBOLDT´S GREEN CRACK BEANS

LostTribe

Premium user
looks good to me so do the different pheno's have different structure and smells? can you explain?

Sure thing, so I ordered 5 HSO green crack beans total, all 5 female. They all have very similar structures; compact but fast vigorous growth. Extremely symmetrical\uniform plants.

In veg all 5 of them passed the stem-rub test with flying colors; extremely stinky\skunky\fuely aromas coming off the stems which all had that greasy feel to them.

In flower none of them stretched very much at all. 3 out of the 5 have a "dome" bud structure, with very crystally sugar leaves close to the bud and very crystally calyxes. All 3 have a very tropical\citrusy aroma. I wish I could describe it better than that.

Pheno #4 is similar in smell and frost but has more of a "spear" bud structure.

Pheno #5 is what I posted that picture of, it's the only one of the 5 that has that curl on the leaf edges that builds up frost and makes it look like it's caked with icing haha. It also has a skunkier background aroma in addition to the strong fruit\tropical smells.

I'll get some proper pictures of all 5 girls and post them in this thread once they're closer to harvest. This is a run to find a good mother keeper hopefully.

I'm really impressed with HSO gear so far; I'm also running 3 of their blue dream and 2 freebie bubbas I got, and along with my green cracks all ten HSO plants germed female and are looking\smelling extremely lovely.

LostTribe

Premium user
Sure thing, so I ordered 5 HSO green crack beans total, all 5 female. They all have very similar structures; compact but fast vigorous growth. Extremely symmetrical\uniform plants.

In veg all 5 of them passed the stem-rub test with flying colors; extremely stinky\skunky\fuely aromas coming off the stems which all had that greasy feel to them.

In flower none of them stretched very much at all. 3 out of the 5 have a "dome" bud structure, with very crystally sugar leaves close to the bud and very crystally calyxes. All 3 have a very tropical\citrusy aroma. I wish I could describe it better than that.

Pheno #5 is what I posted that picture of, it's the only one of the 5 that has that curl on the leaf edges that builds up frost and makes it look like it's caked with icing haha. It also has a skunkier background aroma in addition to the strong fruit\tropical smells.

I'll get some proper pictures of all 5 girls and post them in this thread once they're closer to harvest. This is a run to find a good mother keeper hopefully.

I'm really impressed with HSO gear so far; I'm also running 3 of their blue dream and 2 freebie bubbas I got, and along with my green cracks all ten HSO plants germed female and are looking\smelling extremely lovely.

My HSO Cush is kicking everything else's ass in veg right now indica structure so far with wide fingered leaves and short internode spacing. This girls going to be flowered when she is big enough so a few weeks more.

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran

Funnily enough I was chatting to a friend this morning about HSO Green Crack and Blue Dream... He is a serious guy, had 8 packs of sseds on him he had brought this morning on him... He told me that his run of HSO Green Crack and BD were excellent and real loves of his, very consistent and proper dank weed, sounded spookily like what you are saying. just now

Funnily enough I was chatting to a friend this morning about HSO Green Crack and Blue Dream... He is a serious guy, had 8 packs of sseds on him he had brought this morning on him... He told me that his run of HSO Green Crack and BD were excellent and real loves of his, very consistent and proper dank weed, sounded spookily like what you are saying. just now

Haha no shit, small world. Yeah I'm a legal washington state grower but I used to live in LA, and green crack\blue dream were two of my all time favorite strains from the dispensaries there, I can never find legit cuts of them though so I thought I'd give HSO's beans a try because I hear they are just S1s of popular cuts. Definitely not a bad way to make beans cause the plants are fantastic and healthy, not a single nanner or anything thusfar.

My HSO Cush is kicking everything else's ass in veg right now indica structure so far with wide fingered leaves and short internode spacing. This girls going to be flowered when she is big enough so a few weeks more.

Yeah I couldn't get over how short the internode spacing is on my GC, its like something you'd see on a pure indica, but the growth rate is REALLY fast which is nothing like an indica at all. I also had no trouble cloning all my HSO plants at all, very easy no fuss.

Also correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought Cush is another name for green crack? Or am I thinking of a different strain? In any case I hope she treats you well! :)

LostTribe

Premium user

Glad to hear that I put my 1 female under hps today to get it moving.

Got a proper picture of my HSO green crack keeper today @ day 43 flower (click to expand) I wish I could describe in words how good this thing smells :)

KSKAYn2.jpg

SGS

In The Garden
Veteran
Some pics of the Original Green Crack cut. This is Day 46 ... 4 - 6 Days from Harvest.. I never take her past 52 and usually take her down at 48 for risk of mold. Her buds are super dense at this point and her smell and stone is outstanding. There really isn't a way to describe her.. mango she is NOT! not sure why people always say she is mango... while alive and flowering at this stage she will smell of fruit pebbles cereal and some kinda extra floral sweetness oh and very skunky. When dry she is overwhelmingly SKUNKY! with a very strong fruit smell that mixes so well with the Skunky smell it should really be called FRUITY SKUNK SALAD or some bullshit.... :biggrin:

This plant was flowered early... if you don't let the main branches develop stems at least 1/4" or bigger the buds will remain more leafy and smaller.. if aloud to get bigger they have a much higher flower to leaf ratio and grow much larger.

As for stretch .. I see that you said your HSO GC didn't stretch much... GC cut will stretch at least 100% or more when flipped to 12/12. she needs to be kept under control usually otherwise she will be in your light in no time.

I still need to get some HSO GC and do a side by side comparison and see just how close they are to the real thing.

Hope you like the pics and thanks so much for sharing your girl with us finally a nice pic of a HSO GC!!! :woohoo: keep them coming!

SGS

Attachments

• realgccut2016day46.jpg
    realgccut2016day46.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 10
  • realgccut2016day46-2.jpg
    realgccut2016day46-2.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 14
  • realgccut2016topday46.jpg
    realgccut2016topday46.jpg
    202.1 KB · Views: 16
  • realgccut2016.jpg
    realgccut2016.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 11
  • realgccut2016day40.jpg
    realgccut2016day40.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 11
Beautiful stuff! I hope my good lady cures out to match up! Yeah, fruit and skunk is definitely the general vibe of the smell on the real good pheno. The other phenos are quite good too, but very much more on the fruit side than the skunk side and I love skunkiness in my weed.

Good eye on the plant size, I didn't let any of the plants get very big this run because I'm hunting for a couple good mothers, so I have about 20 individual seed plants of various strains under a 400w and took cuts of them all. My good HSO GC pheno is definitely my most promising lady, so she'll definitely be getting a proper monocrop run after this. I find you don't get the full potential until you flower out the first generation of cuts from a new mom.

LostTribe

Premium user
Not as beautiful a picture as y'alls but here the single HSO Cecil B I got veggin out!

picture.php

catalyte

Veteran
well i'm pretty impressed at how everyone's impressed at HSO Green Crack. :yes:

looks like i may actually indulge in some HSO GC. Have been on the fence for quite a while...

LostTribe

Premium user
hey LT that little one has good GC leaf structure!!!

This one is a monster! Out running the others strains popped same day. Cannot wait! Not sure when this will get bloomed but its stacking on!

C

CannaBuilding

OMG we have some pics of this strain :) hahahaha about time, very nice pics all.

Peace.

C

CannaBuilding

I took cuttings as I didnt have room to bloom this one out but it will go in on my next round for sure.

Sounds good, please keep us updated, will be ordering some more during the 420 specials hopefully :)

Peace and happy growing.