What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

farmerlions first greenhouse grow

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Just Buds

Just Buds

Well that's it folks. Just random shots of buds. There are larger buds at the tops of the plants. I just shot at a level I could hold the camera still at chest height. Momma wants to go to a movie so I better get my ass moving and keep her happy. Peace

deepwaterdude

Very nice, farmerlion! The Indica/kali china lines are really pretty, very recognizable. Had my first frost last night, this AM girls looked not good, but they're shaping up under a nice, clear sky. ENjoy your day, dwd

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Buddler, What a great day! The sun is shining, My allergies aren't kicking my ass today. I spent about a half hour with the girls. Just smelling each plant deeply. It was incredible! I can almost see them gaining weight. Oh how I wish last month would have been sunny. I think they would be at least half again as big as they are now. The old saying= Wish in one hand and shit in the other. One will get full first. Peace

DeepWaterDude, Thank you for your kind words my friend. I really like the Kali China genetics. This is the first time I've run any of the NepJam genetics. I went online at Ace to get some more. Of coarse they were sold out. Now that I'm getting the feedings figured out. Medium feedings means NUKE them in my world. I have small nukes I guess. lol Yes the cold is a bitch to deal with. I'm very impressed with the quick recovery time of these genetics. May your nights and mornings be warmer. Happy growing my friend. Peace

Ncali

Veteran
I didn't write down the name of each plant pictures are from. I didn't try to find the frosty ones for the thread. These are just buds. Even with poor weather and a grower that screws up a little to often. This is what I have so far. Peace
View Image
View Image
View Image
View Image
View Image

Nah you're crushing it. As stated, the real work is around the corner! Hah, but it's my favorite kind of work, hopefully all the scissor hash and sampling makes it enjoyable for you sir! :dance013:

What are your plans for trim/waste? Hash/concentrates from that first wash of trim is easily my favorite thing, it's like a preview of the buds that are curing and months away from their potential. Others around here make all the fun little candies and baked goodies. I try to stay away from those, I eat like shit already lol, and I don't need the extra sugar. I'm sweet enough already :laughing:

:tiphat: Hats off to this guy! Thank you for sharing this grow with the ace community here, it's been great to watch you grow. I know you said you feel like you're messing up, but you're not. You're learning and it's impressive what you're doing. I can already see that if there are more grows in your future, they will be amazing.

NC

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Ncali, Your words are kind my friend. I would like to share an ice cold Modelo with you sometime. As far as the trim goes, I feed it to some local animals. The deer really seem to enjoy it. There are some open range horses I help look after and feed, check for cuts ect. One of the older horses has real bad arthritis. He appreciates the fresh green grass late in the year. If he gets a little buzzed and is pain free a few hours, God Bless
I only have two people right now to donate buds to. One cancer patient and one person losing their eye sight. Will it cure either one? Maybe not, but in each maybe not there is a maybe. Peace

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
October 10th Update

October 10th Update

Hello all, Here is some pictures of the girls. The weather is sunny and cool today. I opened the door up and ran the big fan for a while to exchange the air for the day. They are back under the inside fans with the heater on now. It's 80 degrees inside and the girls seem happy. I did have to tie up some branches as the buds were hanging in my walkways a little to much. I did finish the work in my old grow room for drying plants. I installed drying lines and some heavy wire shelving to set branches on.
Left side of greenhouse
Right side of greenhouse
Center of greenhouse
This is my Angola x Kali China
This is the Lilly x MaPettit Peace

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
October 10th Updates

October 10th Updates

This is the Oaxacan
The Zamaldelica x Kali China
The Purple Mexican
This is the Destroyer's This side shows more of the Colombian genetics.
Peace

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
October 10th Updates

October 10th Updates

China Yunnan
NepJam x Kali China
Peyote Purple
The Guawi
This is the Michoacán Cream Peace

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
October 10th Updates

October 10th Updates

This offering is the Queen Mother from Original Delicatessen.
The Golden Tiger
The Orient Express x NepJam
The Malawi pink hair x MaPettit
This is the Malawi x Kali China. She is very Malawi dominant. Her natural flowering was a week or so later than some of the other girls. Now that they have some sunshine she is gaining ground quickly. I wish all of you a great week and happy growing! Peace

deepwaterdude

Veeeery nice, farmerlion. I'm glad the worst is over here too. They're putting on some real weight;) I like the silhouetted photos; i.e. Michoacan Cream. Gorgeous.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
I was having a hot mug of tea with the girls this morning. The Orient Express x NepJam and the Peyote Purple are gaining color and crystals. They are getting stickier every time I reach in to pluck a few dying leaves. The weather is overcast, windy and cold today. Tomorrow the sun is supposed to be back out again. I will take down a few plants at the end of the month. The rest I will try to leave up until the first or second week in November if possible. Hoping to get some more trichome production out of a few of the girls. They did get their last feeding this morning. Heating up their water inside the greenhouse trying to avoid any shock to the root system. I'm almost out of rain water and I'm not real excited about wading into ice cold water to refill water jugs. But far be it for me to deny my girls a drink. Peace

orfeas

Veteran
Well, farmer, it looks pretty harvesty in there...calling it a day is almost at the door step...
funny how them plants transform, reminding me of a bamboo forest now...thing is this last leg is the most treacherous one wheatherwise...surprised you ain't got any bud mould yet...
pray they hold out to a decent end, farmermate!

:tiphat:orfeas

Buddler

Veteran
2000 thou posts ORF congrats your a legend round these parts.FL had to come back and wish I had GH Like you .I like your style, that old horse prob does give him some relief eating some leaves Great grow I knew youd kill! it too much good karma..Cheers :tiphat:

ULMW

Greetings FarmerLion!!!What a joy to behold the labors of your hard work and the thanks the plants showing! Brilliant!
Happy for you and your glorious garden.
Happy growing ! Peace

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Orfeas, buddler, NKSV, ULMW

Thank you bothers! You guys are the best. Enjoying the friendships on here is so fulfilling. I earnestly thank you all.
The timing is what it is. The weatherman says sunny through Thursday here. I'm taking Friday, Saturday and Sunday off. It's time to harvest. Not for all of the girls but they have to come down anyway. The county assessor is coming to update property values. We will call them in the morning and set up a time two weeks out. All the girls will come down this weekend and go into the drying room. I still have some trenching to backfill by hand. woohoo /aka WOOWEED! Oh how I love shoveling dirt when It's hard to get my shoes on. (just bending over) Eternity is a long mother, enjoy even the trials now. You will miss this life when it's over. I haven't provided the best environment for the Malawi x Kali China. She is just starting to get some calyx's now. Maybe the four days will be enough for her to fulfill her destiny. For the genetics sake I hope so. I will do a review at a later time. What I felt worked. What I felt didn't and should be altered. I will review every aspect of this season. And consider modifications for next season. I will only change what I see as the obvious and refine the lesser. Germination date and plant number per grow pouch stand out to me.
Please all of you that have any thoughts for improvement please chime in. Your not going to offend me. I work on killing selfish pride daily. I will learn more through many sets of eyes and ideas. Your experience shared will make the Ace family a stronger community. With that I again thank you all. There will be much to do in the coming weeks. I have been curing the same way for several years. It seems to work very well. If you want to share your method let's talk about it. I'm all about improving every aspect of my passion. Peace

Latest posts

Latest posts