What's new

farmerlions first greenhouse grow

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
deepwaterdude, Hey brother the night temps have stayed about the same. I think the combo of smoke and rains are making for unusually low temps. I expect them to come up again for a while. Nights should be 50's and days still high 60's and mid 70's. Peace

deepwaterdude

deepwaterdude, Hey brother the night temps have stayed about the same. I think the combo of smoke and rains are making for unusually low temps. I expect them to come up again for a while. Nights should be 50's and days still high 60's and mid 70's. Peace

That's not too bad; your temps fluctuate less than ours and I've realized how much the girls appreciate warm nights. It's around 50 here and now in the AM but low 40s at night. We've got clouds and that can mean a really cool day. Feels like fall has fallen in an instant. Gotta cut back on nutes, too with low temps as the girls can't really uptake as much.
Anyhoo, yours are looking massive and hungry like 10 foot baby birds with their beaks wide open, waiting on Maw for a juicy morsel;) I recommend a couple of handfuls + of EWC per plant; nice soft N, whips the soil into a frenzy;) Good day to you, dwd

Limeygreen

Veteran
May consider a mulching after a warm day, straw of well finished compost, keep the root zone happy, mulch away from the base of the plant by 3-4 inches. About 4 inches deep and you can gain a couple degrees in your root zone.

Ncali

Veteran
Man I was watching national news, looks pretty chilly up in North central of the country... is this normal for this time of year?

Girls looks great regardless. The golden tiger look like malawi leaners or malawi hybrid leaning. They look like theyre going to yeild very well, along with many of your other girls. That Angola cross looks hery special, interested to her final results. Very exotic.

:tiphat:

NC

ULMW

Greenhouse looking great Farmer Lion. Getting the harvest room set up ready, niceness!
Happy growing!!!

stinky

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=73203&pictureid=1782514&thumb=1]View Image[/url] This is the Guawi. She took her time forming many pistil pairs all over the plant. Now she has focused her energies into flowering and is bulking up.
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=73203&pictureid=1782517&thumb=1]View Image[/url] This is a shot in the door. The Malawi x Kali China and the Zamaldelica x Kali China are flowering. They are stretching at an amazing rate. These plants are 9' tall and growing around the roof of the greenhouse. Weeks ago their height wasn't a concern and they didn't get topped. I'm not sure how contact with the inner liner of plastic will effect plant and bud growth. It is what it is I guess. I will get the old indoor grow room set up this weekend to be my drying room. I have several heavy gauge wire racks to mount to the walls. I will also run some wire across the room for hanging plants. I have a couple smaller heaters I will place in there to control temps while slowly drying the plants. I like to do the majority of trimming while the plant is still standing. Stop watering all together and let it consume everything bit can on it's own. I'm sure opinions for harvest will vary dramatically. My time can be very limited and this seems to work for me. I thank you all for stopping by. Have a great weekend, Happy growing! Peace

I would just bend the tops down so they don't touch the top of the inner liner.... I don't think it will hurt flower development but there is the chance of moisture on that inner liner first thing in the am...

Your Plants look really good Farmerlion! You should be really proud. :dance013:

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Hello and thank you all.

Hello and thank you all.

Here is some more recent pictures of the girls.
Orient Express x NepJam
The China Yunnan
The Destroyer's
The Queen Mother
The Orient Express x NepJam.
Peace

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
More Updates

More Updates

Lilly x MaPettit
NepJam x Kali China
Peyote Purple Peace

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
A few more

A few more

Peyote Purple
Peyote Purple
The Golden Tiger
Malawi Pink Hair x MaPettit.
While many leaves are still yellowing. The feedings are helping and newer growth is holding color. My water source tends to fluctuate up in Ph. I did purchase an acidic fertilizer to offset soil Ph short term. It should help overall growth through harvest. Without my main greenhouse furnace being installed. I'm using a smaller propane heater. There is a lot more babysitting aka changing tanks. This fall weather has set in rather early for sure. The Peyote Purple is starting to change color. The Orient Express x NepJam is also starting to gain leaf color. The next few days are still going to be rather cool. Not having the furnace installed by a pro before I started this grow was a mistake. I thought I could do it myself. The risk of having a fire due to it being installed wrong. Wasn't a risk I was willing to take. Hind site!? I screwed myself some what. Next spring It will be done properly before any germination. The longer flowering strains won't have the ideal environment. They will go until they can't go anymore. None the less I'm having fun. Certainly learning some do's and don'ts.
Thank you for stopping by. Peace :tiphat:

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Well, I got home at midnight from work and checked on the girls. The heat was still on and I could see with a little moon light that the leaves weren't drooping. I can't wait to have coffee with them in the morning. Looking at the buds back lit by the moon made them look so much larger than I'm sure they really are. I hope you all have a great weekend. Peace

deepwaterdude

Morning farmerlion, I hope you're out among the stinky babes, coffee in hand. Your girls look sweet. They've got girth already, and despite yellowing, they're going to produce well;) I've got a lot of yellowing on my outdoor Malawi, a ton of lower leaves, and she just got into flower with 40 degree nights, a real trooper. But I think she has enough food, they just stop processing/uptaking nutes with the cold. So I have to watch overfeeding when it's nipply;) Next two nights in low 30s. then goes back up (I hope).

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Sun, Sun where art thou???

Sun, Sun where art thou???

DeepWaterDude, I sure could use some warmth and sunshine here for sure. Overcast last two weeks except for one afternoon it was 70 and sunny. This is the coldest September I can remember in 30+ years. Here is some pictures of the girls waiting for sunshine.
Oaxacan
Cina Yunnan
Malawi (pink hair) x MaPettit
Shot from the door middle and left.
Peace

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
9-24 update

9-24 update

These are two pictures of the Orient Express x NepJam. They are moving beyond my nitrogen neglect and seeking sunshine. Still fighting lower temps outside. Using quite a bit of propane now. Heater running 24 hours a day. I thought I would only be heating in the nights at this stage. Welcome to growing ! Adapting and overcoming adversities is life. All vegetation outside is changing colors and dropping leaves like crazy. These genetics are putting up a hell of a fight on my behalf. I give all credit to Ace and their vendors for the fantastic genetics. While the Acapulco Gold is flowering. It is at a very slow pace. I want to see it through when I harvest the other plants. I may be better served culling it and spreading the other plants out for better lighting. I hope you all are and did have a great weekend. Happy growing...Peace :tiphat:

deepwaterdude

Aye, tonight and tomorrow night pretty darn cold, even down here. I hate getting to that point in a grow where i may have to sacrifice a babe. I'm almost there with my beautiful Malawi, but she's got the thickest stalk of any girl I've got running... like being an executioner faced with the most beautiful neck ever. All that matters is that your good soul is among us, you bring a lot of good vibes to the Ace clubroom;)

orfeas

Veteran
How funny that climate thing round the globe...we're more or less at the same latitude albeit different altitude I assume...
We've had 90s and 95s last week, not a drop of rain, the hottest September in the last decade or so...however the tables seem to be turning and the blankets had to be taken out of the wardrobe yesterday...been sleeping under just a sheet thus far...

Is the leaf "sadness" attributed to low temps?

:tiphat:orfeas

Claude Hopper

Old Skool Rulz
Veteran
Its so hot in Michigan that schools are being let out early Monday and Tuesday. Its been warmer in September than it was here in July. Very dry, too.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Acapulco Gold faced the Guillotine and lost

Acapulco Gold faced the Guillotine and lost

A death in the flowering family has come. The overcast and cool two previous weeks may have foretold her future. She was to tall to move into the old grow room. I have moved the Malawi x Kali China close to the door. I may move her inside and fire up the four 600 HPS lights and timers. Some how after moving the one 45 gallon root pouch outside. I have even less room inside the greenhouse now???WTF I moved some of the plants away from the wall to keep them away from condensation issues.
Orfeas, yes my friend I believe you are right. Temperature and low light is causing some of the continued yellowing. They should have plenty of nutrients available now. Lower temps have slowed the water consumption. I swept and cleaned grow bag soil tops today when I was done rearranging grow bags.
Purple Mexican
Guawi
NepJam x Kali China
Lilly x MaPettit. Peace