What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

He Has Risen

ROJO145

Veteran
Now I gotta do a headstand to take a pee!! Happy Easter ICMAG....hope you all eat peeps and chocolate and ham till ya explode!!!!My daughter is in her bonnet and dress today,I always did like Easter.Cuz I love egg salad!!!

For by grace are ye saved thru faith,it is the gift of God

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I don't think I could possible celebrate "Easter" and reference Christ in the same sense.

A bit of research would tell you that Easter, named so for the goddess of fertility, Eostre, was an ancient pagan fertility festival. It is said in mythology that this goddess had a son, Tammuz, who was born of the sun god and the moon god. Tammuz was fond of rabbits, and was killed by a wild boar. Thus a festival was began in his honor, and it was stated that a pig should be eaten because that is what killed Tammuz. It also is why rabbits are so common place, and also because they are a sign of fertility.

How all this got to be integrated into main stream Christianity...is beyond me. How this holiday falls and is celebrated at the same time as the death of Christ...is also quite convenient... much like having Christmas to focus on rather than the birth of Christ.

I am not professing anything or stating my particular beliefs one way or the other...HOWEVER, I do find it ironic and moronic that a Christian would want to celebrate on what is supposed to be a day for remember their savior and His death...and what that essentially means for them as Christians...would take part in a ritual or festival or "holiday", that is grounded in Pagan practice and whole intent is to give honor to another god(s)...

Just saying...doesn't make much sense to me.

dank.Frank

Brother Bear

Simple kynd of man
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Now I gotta do a headstand to take a pee!! Happy Easter ICMAG....hope you all eat peeps and chocolate and ham till ya explode!!!!My daughter is in her bonnet and dress today,I always did like Easter.Cuz I love egg salad!!!

For by grace are ye saved thru faith,it is the gift of God

:yes:

Pirate

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death !!
Veteran
An Easter Greeting from Pirate !!

picture.php

Gods greatest gifts to man. Salvation and Boobies !!!

ROJO145

Veteran
LOL.....Noice!!A fine brace of conies!!Thats about the only thing I aint ate today.I couldnt eat another tray of peeps!!I love em so much I eat myself sick,in a good way!
Now that I think about it,Thats really what Easter should be about....Titties and Peeps,Uncle Frank had it wrong!!

C

Cerb

I don't think I could possible celebrate "Easter" and reference Christ in the same sense.

A bit of research would tell you that Easter, named so for the goddess of fertility, Eostre, was an ancient pagan fertility festival. It is said in mythology that this goddess had a son, Tammuz, who was born of the sun god and the moon god. Tammuz was fond of rabbits, and was killed by a wild boar. Thus a festival was began in his honor, and it was stated that a pig should be eaten because that is what killed Tammuz. It also is why rabbits are so common place, and also because they are a sign of fertility.

How all this got to be integrated into main stream Christianity...is beyond me. How this holiday falls and is celebrated at the same time as the death of Christ...is also quite convenient... much like having Christmas to focus on rather than the birth of Christ.

I am not professing anything or stating my particular beliefs one way or the other...HOWEVER, I do find it ironic and moronic that a Christian would want to celebrate on what is supposed to be a day for remember their savior and His death...and what that essentially means for them as Christians...would take part in a ritual or festival or "holiday", that is grounded in Pagan practice and whole intent is to give honor to another god(s)...

Just saying...doesn't make much sense to me.

dank.Frank

The Christian church in their early days made it common practice to take pagan holidays and recycle them. Many, many holidays were began in the same manner. I don't see a problem with it.

"How this holiday falls and is celebrated at the same time as the death of Christ...is also quite convenient"

I'm not sure what you are getting at, but I'm reading this as you believing that Christ died conveniently around this pagan holiday, and that Christians believe that he truly resurrected on that very day. If this is what you are saying, it is especially odd considering that Easter is a mobile holiday. It's symbolic, just as is Christmas. Jesus didn't rise on Easter day, and he wasn't born on December 25th.

"I do find it ironic and moronic..."

Please do not insult me or those that I worship with. Find another thread. I could point you to more than a few with newbies asking about GH seeds.

I'll pray for you.

H

h^2 O

[enterpaintingofjebusbeingcarriedawayduringthenighthere] here
attachment.php

Attachments

• jebusnight.jpg
    jebusnight.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 14

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The Christian church in their early days made it common practice to take pagan holidays and recycle them. Many, many holidays were began in the same manner. I don't see a problem with it.

"How this holiday falls and is celebrated at the same time as the death of Christ...is also quite convenient"

I'm not sure what you are getting at, but I'm reading this as you believing that Christ died conveniently around this pagan holiday, and that Christians believe that he truly resurrected on that very day. If this is what you are saying, it is especially odd considering that Easter is a mobile holiday. It's symbolic, just as is Christmas. Jesus didn't rise on Easter day, and he wasn't born on December 25th.

"I do find it ironic and moronic..."

Please do not insult me or those that I worship with. Find another thread. I could point you to more than a few with newbies asking about GH seeds.

I'll pray for you.

NO, what I am saying is that I find it mighty convenient that for every Christian holiday...or event that is supposed to be focused on the life of Christ that is largely accepted by the secular world...that there is some sort of Pagan holiday significance. If anything I was saying it possibly lends a bit of validity to the idea that there are opposing forces at work in the universe. I find it interesting in that, if I were a fallen angel, working to deceive humanity...I would in fact mask EVERY thing pertaining to God or Jesus with some sort of empty, tacky, spend, spend, spend, get, get, get...sort of event to distract others from the true purpose of said holidays. Even better, I would tie these holidays in with old pagan rituals, so that "Christians" in their acceptance and partaking in of these holidays...would in fact be paying tribute to another deity, rather than the one they proclaim to have no other Gods before...Seems like a perfect plan of deception to me...in fact, hasn't that always been the way of Lucifer as depicted in the bible...99.9% truth, with just a bit of a twisted lie in there some where to screw the whole thing up....or at least that is what I have gathered in my learning of different world religions, in particular, Christianity for the sake of this conversation.

And no...it was not common practice of the early Christian church to accept pagan rituals. If you want to get to the to the truth, the Catholic church instituted many of those said holidays and rituals into mainstream Christianity as a show of their dominance and leadership and authority over Christianity and religion as a whole. Since protestants split from Catholicism, there have been many instances where what was right Biblically was re-instituted into a different practice / tradition as a show of the authority of the Catholic church. It is their way of saying...see you never left us and still do what we say.

And I wasn't insulting you personally, sorry if I made it seem that way. Not my intent. I suppose I express things in a bit of a coarse way....I just think if I personally were to adhere to a system of belief...I would not be celebrating the holidays of other Gods...even if "that isn't what it means today"...all the symbolism is still there and all the underlying purpose is still there. If I were to claim Christianity...I wouldn't find my self celebrating or partaking in the spring fertility festival....

And actually, Passover is when Jesus died. He was on his way to Jerusalem to partake in the Jewish holiday passover when they took him and arrested him. I have heard that this particular Easter was a special one, in the fact that Passover actually coincides with it this year. So I think it might be fair to assume, historically, that Jesus did in fact die around this time of the year.

However, from my understanding, you are correct that Jesus was born no where near the dates that we celebrate Christmas...I think historical records and scholarly works indicate he would have had to be born in the late summer or very early fall.

So, why you felt it necessary to point those things out, I am not certain. It does not change the fact that Easter is rooted in Pagan tradition and as a whole is the celebration of a pagan god...and still makes no sense to me why a Christian would partake in this celebration...

And thank you for your prayers. That is a very thoughtful and generous offer.

dank.Frank

Pirate

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death !!
Veteran
Somebody knows their history !!

I've been at odds with family over that for years. Although I do not celebrate these holidays myself........I pretty much gave up starting arguments with them over it. They know how I feel and agree. But............after being raised and knowing nothing different its hard for them to let go of what they "CONSIDER" to be a christian holiday even though in reality.........It's not.............I don't know if that made sense.

Holloween ticks me off like no other. Escpecially when I see christian churches joining into the celebrations and renaming it "Harvest Festivals". Whatever.............."If you are luke warm I will spit you out of my mouth".

Sorry if this brings the Holiday Greeting off topic.

I believe the original poster has good intent !!!!

ROJO145

Veteran
Wow.....you guys got all that over "happy easter",probably only a small percentage of the pop even assosiate it with religion anymore anyway due to the Hallmarking of every holiday,just like what happened with the catholics.
See in the begining there were pagans,people who had many gods and rituals.Then man invented religion,and since the population was all going and used to the pagan holidays and rites,a smart man relized that the only way to get them to join there group was to assosiate all there holidays with christianity,no hoodoo,good thinkin.Just like Hallmark has done with every single holiday we are talking about.:joint:
Hope ya's all had a good day yesterday............

C

Cerb

NO, what I am saying is that I find it mighty convenient that for every Christian holiday...or event that is supposed to be focused on the life of Christ that is largely accepted by the secular world...that there is some sort of Pagan holiday significance. If anything I was saying it possibly lends a bit of validity to the idea that there are opposing forces at work in the universe. I find it interesting in that, if I were a fallen angel, working to deceive humanity...I would in fact mask EVERY thing pertaining to God or Jesus with some sort of empty, tacky, spend, spend, spend, get, get, get...sort of event to distract others from the true purpose of said holidays. Even better, I would tie these holidays in with old pagan rituals, so that "Christians" in their acceptance and partaking in of these holidays...would in fact be paying tribute to another deity, rather than the one they proclaim to have no other Gods before...Seems like a perfect plan of deception to me...in fact, hasn't that always been the way of Lucifer as depicted in the bible...99.9% truth, with just a bit of a twisted lie in there some where to screw the whole thing up....or at least that is what I have gathered in my learning of different world religions, in particular, Christianity for the sake of this conversation.

And no...it was not common practice of the early Christian church to accept pagan rituals. If you want to get to the to the truth, the Catholic church instituted many of those said holidays and rituals into mainstream Christianity as a show of their dominance and leadership and authority over Christianity and religion as a whole. Since protestants split from Catholicism, there have been many instances where what was right Biblically was re-instituted into a different practice / tradition as a show of the authority of the Catholic church. It is their way of saying...see you never left us and still do what we say.

And I wasn't insulting you personally, sorry if I made it seem that way. Not my intent. I suppose I express things in a bit of a coarse way....I just think if I personally were to adhere to a system of belief...I would not be celebrating the holidays of other Gods...even if "that isn't what it means today"...all the symbolism is still there and all the underlying purpose is still there. If I were to claim Christianity...I wouldn't find my self celebrating or partaking in the spring fertility festival....

And actually, Passover is when Jesus died. He was on his way to Jerusalem to partake in the Jewish holiday passover when they took him and arrested him. I have heard that this particular Easter was a special one, in the fact that Passover actually coincides with it this year. So I think it might be fair to assume, historically, that Jesus did in fact die around this time of the year.

However, from my understanding, you are correct that Jesus was born no where near the dates that we celebrate Christmas...I think historical records and scholarly works indicate he would have had to be born in the late summer or very early fall.

So, why you felt it necessary to point those things out, I am not certain. It does not change the fact that Easter is rooted in Pagan tradition and as a whole is the celebration of a pagan god...and still makes no sense to me why a Christian would partake in this celebration...

And thank you for your prayers. That is a very thoughtful and generous offer.

dank.Frank

All of that said, it doesn't change the fact that Easter is celebrated by those that follow Christ and in no way is still linked to it's pagan roots. Sure, there might be an abundance of rabbits and other symbolism, but that is not the fault of believers, but rather the fault of those who wish to turn it into another money making holiday like Christmas. And yes, I do believe that is the work of Satan himself. That doesn't change the fact that I will continue to celebrate the resurrection of the man who I believe to be God incarnate on this date.