What's new

He Has Risen

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
If one person wishes to publicly state their belief, why is it wrong for someone else to publicly state an opposing belief?

U

ureapwhatusow

If one person wishes to publicly state their belief, why is it wrong for someone else to publicly state an opposing belief?

its seems off placed, in a well wishes sub forum, a religious holiday celebratory thread to boot

U

ureapwhatusow

Maybe it was off base to denounce religion in general. Many faiths are based on the religion that they follow. That doesn't change the fact that I wasn't being derogatory, nor was I trying to insult anyone in this thread, especially not those of faith. I'm a follower of Christ and his teachings. You insulted me personally as a result of a misunderstanding on your part.

i shouldnt have insulted you personaly, as i said i normaly edit these posts before clicking submit, beause I am a big proponent of civillity and humantiy

religon being horrid + being a follow of christ are not congruent at all.

grimcreeper

I agree with Cerb. He's not bashing those with religious beliefs, he's making a point by saying religion is a MANmade set of beliefs and behaviors. It's semantics really.

Religion is following a particular sect and rigid belief system with blind, unthinking devotion. You can read the Bible and follow Christ's teachings and not be a rigid asshole who only parrots what your particular church ascribes. Think for yourself and READ AND PRAY for yourself, don't blindly do what others say. I think this is all he's getting at.

You have to understand, what he means by using the word religion, is not what many non-theological types think when they hear or read the word.

Happy Easter, yall. He is risen indeed.

C

Cerb

I agree with Cerb. He's not bashing those with religious beliefs, he's making a point by saying religion is a MANmade set of beliefs and behaviors. It's semantics really.

Religion is following a particular sect and rigid belief system with blind, unthinking devotion. You can read the Bible and follow Christ's teachings and not be a rigid asshole who only parrots what your particular church ascribes. Think for yourself and READ AND PRAY for yourself, don't blindly do what others say. I think this is all he's getting at.

You have to understand, what he means by using the word religion, is not what many non-theological types think when they hear or read the word.

Happy Easter, yall. He is risen indeed.

Thank you. You took the words right out of my mouth. Rep+

I love my Lord, and his teachings.

LLCoolBud

A holy man was having a conversation with the Lord one day and said,
'Lord, I would like to know what Heaven and Hell are like.'

The Lord led the holy man to two doors.
He opened one of the doors and the holy man looked in. In the middle of
the room was a large round table. In the middle of the table was a
large pot of stew, which smelled delicious and made the holy man's mouth
water.

The people sitting around the table were thin and sickly. They appeared
to be famished. They were holding spoons with very long handles that
were strapped to their arms and each found it possible to reach into the
pot of stew and take a spoonful. But because the handle was longer than
their arms, they could not get the spoons back into their mouths.
The holy man shuddered at the sight of their misery and suffering.

The Lord said, 'You have seen Hell..'

They went to the next room and opened the door. It was exactly the same
as the first one. There was the large round table with the large pot of
stew which made the holy man's mouth water. The people were equipped
with the same long-handled spoons, but here the people were well
nourished and plump, laughing and talking. The holy man said, 'I don't
understand.'

It is simple,' said the Lord. 'It requires but one skill. You see they
have learned to feed each other, while in the other room the greedy think only of themselves.'

Awesome post. Probably one of the best parables I've herd.

Say good by to the greedy people:nanana:things are about to change.

C

Cerb

wait

did OP say he got a boner from it being easter

wtf.

It's funny you mention that, because that was my first reaction. I had hoped he meant something else though, so I didn't question it. :crazy:

ROJO145

Veteran
LOL,ah.....ya poor illiterate helpless bastards.The OP said,and this is a quote,"He has risen,now I gotta do a headstand to pee" etc etc.Now I know its hard,but look out of the box and you will see my humor and sarcasm all wrapped in one handy little post.
He then went on to say something like Happy Easter,enjoy the chocolate and peeps!
And the goon squad wasnt happy with that,turned it into a couple pages of religious drivel.Easter itself didnt give me a boner,morning did.:moon:

I like to buy the leftover easter candy at the store for half price, I have a huge supply of peeps! Happy Orthodox easter!

Thanks
Stagger