Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Flower Photos > Canon MPE 65mm Macro Images

Thread Title Search
Canon MPE 65mm Macro Images Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-01-2012, 10:32 PM #11
Skip
Let's Get Small!

Skip has a reputation beyond reputeSkip has a reputation beyond reputeSkip has a reputation beyond reputeSkip has a reputation beyond reputeSkip has a reputation beyond reputeSkip has a reputation beyond reputeSkip has a reputation beyond reputeSkip has a reputation beyond reputeSkip has a reputation beyond reputeSkip has a reputation beyond reputeSkip has a reputation beyond repute
Nice ones doobie!

I wonder what the full rez images look like...

"Prohibition is the gateway to fascism." - Treewizard
Skip is offline Quote

Old 03-02-2012, 05:49 AM #12
primobud

primobud has a spectacular aura aboutprimobud has a spectacular aura aboutprimobud has a spectacular aura aboutprimobud has a spectacular aura aboutprimobud has a spectacular aura about
I was just sitting here thinking I wonder when that guy with the nice greenhouse pictures will be back. I couldn't remember the name, checked my sub'd threads and there it was doobieduck. I'm glad I did.
primobud is offline Quote

Old 03-02-2012, 06:22 PM #13
DoobieDuck

DoobieDuck is a survivorDoobieDuck is a survivorDoobieDuck is a survivorDoobieDuck is a survivorDoobieDuck is a survivorDoobieDuck is a survivorDoobieDuck is a survivorDoobieDuck is a survivorDoobieDuck is a survivorDoobieDuck is a survivorDoobieDuck is a survivor
The Knarley Macros..

Bohem exactly..thanks, Skip an honor to have you aboard, thanks for thinking of me Primo..we has starts going for the greenhouse too!

We have today some naughty knarley macros of the Hummingbird Red. Thanks for your views and posts..DD

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-02-2012, 06:23 PM #14
DoobieDuck

DoobieDuck is a survivorDoobieDuck is a survivorDoobieDuck is a survivorDoobieDuck is a survivorDoobieDuck is a survivorDoobieDuck is a survivorDoobieDuck is a survivorDoobieDuck is a survivorDoobieDuck is a survivorDoobieDuck is a survivorDoobieDuck is a survivor
..and the rest..DD

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-02-2012, 07:15 PM #15
dank.frank
ef.yu.se.ka.e.em

dank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivor
I just "filter all" on such threads! (no offense to other posters) Carry on!

Question on lighting though> are you setting back lights, ring flash, natural??? Thanks!

dank.Frank

culture cannabis enthusiasts with their thinly veiled
self-justifications catering to the morally
ambiguous for the sake of the
ALL MIGHTY DOLLAR
dank.frank is offline Quote

Old 03-02-2012, 07:19 PM #16
Dr.Dank
Cannabis 101

Dr.Dank is just really niceDr.Dank is just really niceDr.Dank is just really niceDr.Dank is just really niceDr.Dank is just really niceDr.Dank is just really niceDr.Dank is just really niceDr.Dank is just really niceDr.Dank is just really niceDr.Dank is just really niceDr.Dank is just really nice
DoobieD thanks for sharing your beautiful macros!! All the best !

Dr.dank
Dr.Dank is offline Quote

Old 03-02-2012, 07:34 PM #17
mrbolloks

mrbolloks is on a distinguished road
Fine work sir! Ive been trying to get good macro shots for a while now and I must say yours are perfect. Mine are less than. Ive just been using one of those 45x illuminated jobbers from Amazon held up to my camera lens and it is near impossible with a very small circular field of view. It actually works better with my phones camera but its still a bit shit when looking at yours.

I know these pics are a few years old but do you remember if these plants were ready to be harvested? Many pics of "your trichs should look like this when they are done" are not exactly clear to me. These are very clear and was wondering if they were taken when the plants were ripe and ready to pluck.
mrbolloks is offline Quote

Old 03-02-2012, 07:36 PM #18
guest8905

very very nice

those black and whites look amazing, would be awesome to have a full size framed one in the house!!

gorgeous

Old 03-02-2012, 07:40 PM #19
Dr.Dank
Cannabis 101

Dr.Dank is just really niceDr.Dank is just really niceDr.Dank is just really niceDr.Dank is just really niceDr.Dank is just really niceDr.Dank is just really niceDr.Dank is just really niceDr.Dank is just really niceDr.Dank is just really niceDr.Dank is just really niceDr.Dank is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickky View Post
very very nice

those black and whites look amazing, would be awesome to have a full size framed one in the house!!

gorgeous
Thats what i was thinking! black and white mmmhmmmm...
where can I place my first order?
i already have your book stickky all i need now is DD's posters

Dr.dank
Dr.Dank is offline Quote

Old 03-02-2012, 08:24 PM #20
DoobieDuck

Answers and appreciation..

Thanks everyone for your appreciation of my art!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dank.frank View Post
...are you setting back lights, ring flash, natural???
DF I use several techniques and can't tell you which was used in which image but let me tell you one I find the best. Sunlight! If you can shoot in a window in early morning or late afternoon with the low angle of the sun crossing your subject that works well. I use two 200 watt daylight bulbs on Smith Vector stands in combination for crossing light. I'm using an O-Flash, which is like a ring flash, a lot now too. Google it n you'll find it. I add two remote Canon flashes to my set up at times at different angles.

Might I say it's still a crap shoot for me after all these years. I shoot tons of pix, change the lighting, shoot more, run in and look at them on the PC, then go back and change everything, then start shooting again. I- still to this day- don't have a consistant method for macros.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Dank View Post
DoobieD thanks for sharing your beautiful macros!! All the best !
Doc many thanks...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbolloks View Post
...I must say yours are perfect. I know these pics are a few years old...Many pics of "your trichs should look like this when they are done" ...
Hey Bolloks welcome...thank you for the complement but really buddy they're not perfect. I have some that are much better and I'll luck out again soon and maybe get a close to perfect one. The Hummingbird Red was last fall and the pix were shot at the chop, a couple days drying. I prefer "wet" shots as I call them. Fresh off an indoor grown plant still ripening. I'll have some wet pix in this thread soon, but outdoors until srping.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickky View Post
..those black and whites look amazing, would be awesome to have a full size framed one in the house!!
Thanks..they do make nice 16x20 prints. I'm working on getting those avaliable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Dank View Post
..where can I place my first order?
Working on it everyone..an eBook, coffee table book, and prints...but that all takes bucks and the Doobster is disabled. That slows the process as well, Peace and thank all of you..DD

1 members found this post helpful.