What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mail in voting during the pandemic

EsterEssence

Veteran
TRump’s buddy that he put in as postmaster general is trying to slow the mail down, removing sorting machines, rural mailboxes. Doing the exact opposite that they should be doing, as in ramping up ways to deal with all the mail for a on time counting fair election...

nepalnt21

FRRRRRResh!
Veteran
at least the libs and conservos are largely in agreement that this is some bullshit, from what i've seen.

i think it's just the extremist fundie evangelist trumper cultists that like these cheater tactics

armedoldhippy

Veteran
at least the libs and conservos are largely in agreement that this is some bullshit, from what i've seen.

i think it's just the extremist fundie evangelist trumper cultists that like these cheater tactics

i wish, but it's not. around here, anyway, it is just the usual gap-toothed low-education types that think chump is cool by not letting "those people" vote... not enough bed-rock baptists to keep him in office.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
The USPS is removing hundreds of high speed mail sorters for no reason. Eye witnesses are detailing these stories. Trucks are shown removing post boxes. I have to wonder when these people are going to wake the fuck up and stop making excuses and calling everything he does "fake news".

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The USPS is removing hundreds of high speed mail sorters for no reason. Eye witnesses detailing these stories. Trucks are shown taking removing post boxes. I have to wonder when these people are going to wake the fuck up and stop making excuses and calling everything he does "fake news".

Oh, there's a reason!!! To STOP mail in votes!! DJT can't stand that polls show he's losing. He's NOT a popular guy. Shameful.

Having read his niece's book, it shows how many MILLIONS he wasted with nothing to show. Vengeance if people weren't saying "nice things" about him. Totally pathological....and cannot believe the millions that will shine his shoes.

Back to sorters removed: And it's harming millions of citizens getting mail order Rx (me, included). It's damaging rural areas that depend on packages to be delivered. (me, included).

80 days until election results. Get those ballots in early. I think there should be drop boxes at voting sites, too.

We've been impacted by mailing seed orders. What normally would take 3-4 days took 17 days to reach a customer. Another in Cali, it took 11 days.

nepalnt21

FRRRRRResh!
Veteran
if this was the early 1800s, they mighta dragged his ass outta bed for a good ol' tar-n-feather fest.

the dude has stock in multiple shipping companies, and is comitting treason to undermine american democracy and stands to gain monetarily by doing so in the process.

traitors get haters, maybe sooner than later they needta get cement gaitors?

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I got the application on line, printed it, filled it out, scanned it and then called the town clerks office to get an email address. An hour later I had an email receipt confirmation. Three days later I got a primary ballot in the mail.

Less time than driving to the polls.
Indeed!! Hoping to to that. They have my info. Feel better if I could drop in polling place mail holder than the PO.

Cannavore

Veteran

im sure the right loves it. they're anti gubbmint zombies brainwashed by decades of corporate propaganda to totally be in favor of the privatization of social services. hence why people call them fascists.

Gry

What's the difference who is President. All you people are going to do is hate on them and blame them for your own shortcomings, anyway.

The American people don't need a leader. They need a puppet that they can blame and hate and throw mud at. You might as well put Howdy Doody in the White House.

The American People have really turned into shit. All you do is hate. When I think of all the people I killed in the name of PATRIOTISM I get sick. To think that all those people had to die just so a bunch of people can freely hate.

Peace and Love folks. Hate simply isn't going to work. Can't anyone see that but me?

EDIT: It's extra sad that a person who has killed humans for a living for most of his life has to tell you to love each other. I guess life really does go full circle. You people better quit it. You're just about out of time.
From your lips to God's ears.

buzzmobile

Veteran
Not sure what that means but.... OK..

From Urban Dictionary:

From your lips to God's ears
Idiom expressing a wish that the desires of the person to whom the saying is spoken will come true.

The original, literal meaning of the saying indicates that the speaker wishes that whatever the addressee has just said will be heard by God and answered.

I'm pretty sure Gry approved of the post you made.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Indeed!! Hoping to to that. They have my info. Feel better if I could drop in polling place mail holder than the PO.

There should be an option to drop it off at the polls taking the stress off our now handicapped Post Office.
It would be a great passive aggressive protest.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Fauci says there is 'no reason' Americans can't vote in person in November

Infectious disease expert says it'll be safe to cast ballots in person if voters follow social distancing guidelines
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fauci-no-reason-americans-cant-vote-in-person-november

"IF" quite possibly the biggest two letter word in existence. about a third to half the country thinks it is all a hoax, won't wear a mask to protect their fellow man, & get violent/irate/in your face if you mention it to them. i've had clowns try to elbow me out of the way in grocery stores. you think they will be any better behaved/social distancing at the polls? good luck with that shit...:bigeye:

CaptainDankness

The way I see it, if you can go to the grocery store, you can vote. By the sounds of it the mail in ballots probably won't make it in time for the election anyways.

I'll be driving down with a car load to vote for Trump, Biden must be stopped.

ElGato

Veteran
"IF" quite possibly the biggest two letter word in existence. about a third to half the country thinks it is all a hoax, won't wear a mask to protect their fellow man, & get violent/irate/in your face if you mention it to them. i've had clowns try to elbow me out of the way in grocery stores. you think they will be any better behaved/social distancing at the polls? good luck with that shit...:bigeye:

were they rodeo clowns, circus clowns or just garden variety?