What's new

Mail in voting during the pandemic

armedoldhippy

Veteran
well then, as Captain Dankness posted, if you can go to the Grocery store then you can carry your ass over to the polls to vote.

i plan on it. not everyone owns a car, nor lives close enough to walk, nor lives where public transportation will get them there. "some" grocery stores deliver or offer curbside pick-up. not ALL. food is a must for survival. so, in your view, someone with health factors making exposure vastly more dangerous to their health should be required to risk their lives in order to vote? this is a yes or no question, by the way...do you know that over thirty states allow voting by mail? and that chump and his mail-order wife are both voting that way this year? is it only okay to vote by mail if you are a chumpite? :bigeye:

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Lets be real, only the battle ground states are who picks our POTUS. If your not in those states whats the point. Many of the states have been doing vote by mail for decades. This isn't something new. The infrastructure in thee states has been set for mail in already. Any state that is new to this would need some help.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
GOP has had a lock on politics here in TN since Al Gore was one of our nitwit senators. when he ran for president, he did not carry his home state...thank God. he would have won if he had. if the folks back home don't like you...:tongue:

ElGato

Veteran
i plan on it. not everyone owns a car, nor lives close enough to walk, nor lives where public transportation will get them there. "some" grocery stores deliver or offer curbside pick-up. not ALL. food is a must for survival. so, in your view, someone with health factors making exposure vastly more dangerous to their health should be required to risk their lives in order to vote? this is a yes or no question, by the way...do you know that over thirty states allow voting by mail? and that chump and his mail-order wife are both voting that way this year? is it only okay to vote by mail if you are a chumpite? :bigeye:

personally i'm not for nor against Mail-in voting, but i do think that if a person is able they should vote in person. If there are health related concerns than those persons should be accommodated imo

my polling place used to be a 2-3 minute walk from my place in the middle of town, they moved it 5-6 years ago. Now it's like a 5 minute drive on the outskirts of town. I've always wondered if the move was political

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Many of those old folk poll workers aren't gonna be there this time. There the biggest risk of dying.

ElGato

Veteran
chump and his mail-order wife are both voting that way this year? is it only okay to vote by mail if you are a chumpite? :bigeye:

btw, He used an absentee ballot that he requested. He did not use universal mail-in voting

not quite the same thing

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
They are the same.

Absentee ballot vs. mail-in ballot

So, all absentee ballots are sent through the mail (or very occasionally fax), but not all ballots sent through the mail are absentee ballots.

An absentee ballot is generally used in every state to refer to a ballot filled out by a voter who cannot, for various reasons, physically make it to a voting location on Election Day. A mail-in ballot is used more broadly to refer to ballots sent through the mail, including in all-mail voting states and some forms of absentee voting.

Some states require a reason to use vote by mail others do not. There both the same

Ringodoggie

Premium user
What cracks me up about this thread is some people obviously think their vote actually counts. ROTFLMAO I mean THAT is funny shit.

After my run as a merc, FRED set me up as a DoD contractor. For 17 years, I sat behind closed doors and watched Congressmen and Senators and even a VP, laugh and joke about how stupid the American voter is to think his vote actually counts. That would always bring a big laugh in the room. Always. It seemed like making fun of the American people gave them a certain unity. Common enemy, I guess.

Vote for your local stuff. Sometimes, they actually count those. But, if you think your vote for President actually means anything. You are the fool they hope you are.

I know that no one likes to hear that. But, don't flame/blame me. I didn't do it. LMAO I just happen to be in the position to know about it. If you folks knew what actually goes on in Washington, it would not take the full minute to load and ready your musket.

Ever watch a session of Congress on C-Span? It's like a 3rd grade class after the teacher leaves the room with no adult supervision.

It's not a pretty picture. And, simple hating it isn't going to make it better.

OK.....done with this thread. Thanks for listening.

ElGato

Veteran
They are the same.

Absentee ballot vs. mail-in ballot

So, all absentee ballots are sent through the mail (or very occasionally fax), but not all ballots sent through the mail are absentee ballots.

An absentee ballot is generally used in every state to refer to a ballot filled out by a voter who cannot, for various reasons, physically make it to a voting location on Election Day. A mail-in ballot is used more broadly to refer to ballots sent through the mail, including in all-mail voting states and some forms of absentee voting.

Some states require a reason to use vote by mail others do not. There both the same

they are not the same, read your own post above

if they were the same then they wouldn't have two different definitions and it would just be called mail-in-voting

if you mean they are the same because they both use the mail to be delivered ...then ok they are exactly the same.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
There the same dude. I know what I posted. If you can't make up an excuse anytime you want to use absentee that's on you. I could use either anytime I want. The process is the same once you have the ballot, there both vote by mail.

In cali you request to be a vote by mail voter. Thast it. You never have to ask again

In Florida you request an absentee ballot for what ever reason you like, that's it. You have to ask every 4 years.

nepalnt21

FRRRRRResh!
Veteran
What cracks me up about this thread is some people obviously think their vote actually counts. ROTFLMAO I mean THAT is funny shit.

After my run as a merc, FRED set me up as a DoD contractor. For 17 years, I sat behind closed doors and watched Congressmen and Senators and even a VP, laugh and joke about how stupid the American voter is to think his vote actually counts. That would always bring a big laugh in the room. Always. It seemed like making fun of the American people gave them a certain unity. Common enemy, I guess.

Vote for your local stuff. Sometimes, they actually count those. But, if you think your vote for President actually means anything. You are the fool they hope you are.

I know that no one likes to hear that. But, don't flame/blame me. I didn't do it. LMAO I just happen to be in the position to know about it. If you folks knew what actually goes on in Washington, it would not take the full minute to load and ready your musket.

Ever watch a session of Congress on C-Span? It's like a 3rd grade class after the teacher leaves the room with no adult supervision.

It's not a pretty picture. And, simple hating it isn't going to make it better.

OK.....done with this thread. Thanks for listening.

only like half of elligible americans vote.

the ''it's not fair so don't vote" crap is stupid.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
I think the numbers are up from half in the few recent elections.

EDIT: Apparently, I am incorrect. Less than half. Still, better than the 1900's.

Attachments

• 500px-U.S._Vote_for_President_as_Population_Share.png
    500px-U.S._Vote_for_President_as_Population_Share.png
    47.4 KB · Views: 20
only like half of elligible americans vote.

the ''it's not fair so don't vote" crap is stupid.

they don't vote because of the setup in each state where winner takes all...there are millions of righties in Cali but their vote is meaningless as they cant win the majority... this is whats destroying your elections ...

I'm, shocked how little you all know about your election system...your parroting how the electoral college is so bad but you don't even know why...your simply cutting and pasting what corporate media is telling you... and you all accuse me of not reading yet you mooks want something fixed and you don't even yet know how it works in the first place ..typical lefties...

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
they don't vote because of the setup in each state where winner takes all...there are millions of righties in Cali but their vote is meaningless as they cant win the majority... this is whats destroying your elections ...

Im, shocked how little you all know about your election system...your parroting how the electoral college i bad but you don't even know why...your simply cutting and pasting what corporate media is telling you... and you all accuse me of not reading you mooks want something fixed and you don't even yet know how it works..typical lefties...

Get rid of the electoral college. One person. One vote. Get rid of gerrymandering. Send people door to door and register as many new voters as possible. Particularly in low income areas. Educate people. Let them know where there food and goods come from. Let them know who is controlling them and who is trying to help.

Let the best candidate win.

Get rid of the electoral college. One person. One vote. Get rid of gerrymandering. Send people door to door and register as many new voters as possible. Particularly in low income areas. Educate people. Let them know where there food and goods come from. Let them know who is controlling them and who is trying to help.

Let the best candidate win.

you cant have massive illegal migrants deciding your election..electoral college is good... but stop the winner take all inside the electoral college, thats where the issues are

Latest posts

Latest posts