What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

2x2 Grow - Mars Hydro TSW2000 - Home Made DWC

redleb961

Hello everyone.

Ive been gone for a while since i waited for real progress to post an update.

Here's what has been going so far :

- I received the air pump (works like a charm)
- Placed the seedling in its DWC bucket (even though i still needed to install the 90 degree angle at the bottom with the hose for water level)
- I am working with 20 Liters/5 gals of water with the level being right below the net pot

I have added :
- 8ml of GHE Grow nutes
- 25ml of GHE Bio root plus
- 10ml of GHE Micro nutes
- 10ml of H2O2 at 11,9% from GT

One thing i have noticed is the small 4cm/1.5inch air stones that came with the pump have some sort of residue and are kinda sticky and made my ph rise alot in a matter of hours ...

So i removed them since i wont be using them anyways, i am still waiting for my 4inch and 8inch air stones with suction cups. I have the airlines directly in the water just for water movement.

My PH is still rising though not sure why but will try to figure it out ASAP.

Here are a couple pics, let me know what you guys think :

Crowmax

Veteran
Neat setup

Would give them abit of GHE Bloom too, i think the rest of the nutes don't have any P in them

redleb961

Neat setup

Would give them abit of GHE Bloom too, i think the rest of the nutes don't have any P in them

Thanks buddy !

Just added 10ml of GHE bloom to the rez. So that's 0.5ml/L

Im happy to say, Ph has just stabilized at 5.5 (no more rising)

PPM @ 265

The yellowing on the lower leaves was due to irregular PH in the beginning (used to go all the way to 7.2), but all's good now !

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Sweet! With roots hanging, growth should pick up. 265ppm is too low though and you can see it in the pale leaves. Bump up to a minimum of 500ppm.

No offense but, you really need to look for a 'working' nute profile for cannabis with your GHE nutes. I'd love to point you to a lucas mix version with GHE, but I've not been able to get concrete feedback on whether GHE Flora is the same mix as GH Flora. Adding 'whatever' at random times will give you random results, mostly bad.

redleb961

Sweet! With roots hanging, growth should pick up. 265ppm is too low though and you can see it in the pale leaves. Bump up to a minimum of 500ppm.

No offense but, you really need to look for a 'working' nute profile for cannabis with your GHE nutes. I'd love to point you to a lucas mix version with GHE, but I've not been able to get concrete feedback on whether GHE Flora is the same mix as GH Flora. Adding 'whatever' at random times will give you random results, mostly bad.

Hey there buddy, yes im real happy the roots are now hanging :biggrin:

Concerning the nutes i am not adding whatever, i am following the actual GHE schedule marked on the bottles.

I think the pale leaves were caused by Ph problems in the beginning which caused a small/quick lockout that now seems to have been fixed by stable PH at 5.5

I am following the schedule of "1st Roots" marked on the bottle, maybe i should bump the nutes to the numbers under "1st true leaves" , here's a pic and let me know what you think, your help is much appreciated :

redleb961

Update :

Seedling seems to be taking off ! Bigger leaves, not much root development though ..

Increased nutes.

I now have in 20L / 5Gal :

20ml Grow / 20ml Bloom / 20ml Micro / 50ml Bio Roots / 10ml H2O2

I have bumped the ppm to 525 / EC 1.1

Ph stable at 5.5

Rez Temp at 24C / 75F

I am following the GHE nutrient chart which always worked for me successfully.

Mars Hydro Led

Grow on Earth Grow with Mars
Vendor
You are totally right buddy, but like i said before, its out of my budget right now, im in a very delicate situation.

I will surely get one for my future grows, but for now, ill just fight through this grow to make it the best i can.

I yielded 1gr/watt (170gr - 6 ounces) off one plant, on my first DWC (it was an old mars hydro led model) using a cheap plastic tote that was letting light through and even had root rot starting to form. I used cheap 3% H2O2 and that saved my grow.

Im now using special equipment (light proof bucket, 12% H2O2 for plants, better air flow, better air pump, and on top of that experience that i have gained troughout my last grows)

I am certain that this grow will be successful, maybe not as "easy" as if i had a chiller, but very doable.

Wish me luck my friend :canabis:

For the old blurple light, it is also a good number for 1g/W. :tiphat:

redleb961

Update :

The plant seems to be enjoying the 525ppm nute mix (which is now 550ppm, i know a bit strong but ill top with Ph water soon).

I have 2 very important questions for you guys :

1) I have attached a picture of the roots of my first DWC grow , and as you can see, they were like thick chords ... i dont remember what the real term for that is, but i remember reading somewhere that roots shouldn't become like that. What should i do to prevent this from happening in this grow ?

2) Since i am growing in a very tiny area and wanting to optimize the space as best as i can, do you recommend topping the plant for the scrog net ? I have personally always topped my plants when srogging but never worked on a scrog in a 2x2. Anyone has any advice on topping for this situation ? Would it be beneficial or should i just let it grow and fill the space naturally ? If i should top, how many times should i do it ?

Here are the pics of the roots for question number 1, and 2 pics of the plant now :

redleb961

Still weak for your lights and environment. Bump to 650 for a week and see the difference.

But ppms are going a bit up which means there’s more than the plant can handle already , or am i missing something ?

And about my last post ? what do you think about the root subject ? How can i prevent them from becoming chord roots ?

And should i top for this 2x2 scrog or not ?

Let me know what you think !

Douglas.Curtis

Scrogging depends on the genetics. Case in point, Tokarev-T3 will produce one large flower and a bunch of little side flowers. Scrogging is far from ideal for canopy management with her. What structure does your strain flower out like? One big spear or a large number of fairly evenly sized flowers?

What type of stretch do you anticipate from your research? Your goal is to have the screen barely filled as stretch ends. These variables and topping will all affect how quickly/slowly/thickly your screen gets filled. Remember air-flow.

No idea what to do getting/keeping the roots how you like them, I've always let them do whatever.

redleb961

Scrogging depends on the genetics. Case in point, Tokarev-T3 will produce one large flower and a bunch of little side flowers. Scrogging is far from ideal for canopy management with her. What structure does your strain flower out like? One big spear or a large number of fairly evenly sized flowers?

What type of stretch do you anticipate from your research? Your goal is to have the screen barely filled as stretch ends. These variables and topping will all affect how quickly/slowly/thickly your screen gets filled. Remember air-flow.

No idea what to do getting/keeping the roots how you like them, I've always let them do whatever.

So i did some research concerning the "Super Critical" which i am growing right now, and its the first time im growing this strain. Its mainly Indica, stretches quite well when put on 12/12 and the website suggests Scrogging this specific strain.

So based on al that info, should i top once or more in your opinion ?

Douglas.Curtis

So i did some research concerning the "Super Critical" which i am growing right now, and its the first time im growing this strain. Its mainly Indica, stretches quite well when put on 12/12 and the website suggests Scrogging this specific strain.

So based on al that info, should i top once or more in your opinion ?
Sounds very good for your situation. Kudos on doing the research, you'd be surprised how many skip it and blunder through. :tiphat:

I suggest topping at least once, then see how those branches will be ending up on the screen. With 'stretches quite well' I'd go with 50% full screen the first run when flipping to 12/12. Once you know how well it stretches in response to your inputs, you'll have a better idea for future runs.
You kept a clone, yes?

redleb961

Sounds very good for your situation. Kudos on doing the research, you'd be surprised how many skip it and blunder through. :tiphat:

I suggest topping at least once, then see how those branches will be ending up on the screen. With 'stretches quite well' I'd go with 50% full screen the first run when flipping to 12/12. Once you know how well it stretches in response to your inputs, you'll have a better idea for future runs.
You kept a clone, yes?

Alright , will top as soon as the plant becomes a little more developed .. What is quite strange is its growing very short and very slow not sure why.

Ill fill half the screen and then flip to 12/12 !

I wish i could have kept a clone but i really have no room for that ! Would have loved keeping a mother too ... I have lots of feminized seeds though of many different strains, so ill probably grow a different strain on my next grow.

Here's a pic of the lady as we speak :