-
Greenleaf Megacrop Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-15-2018, 01:54 AM #41
Greenleafnutes

Greenleafnutes will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinkhorn123 View Post
I’ve been on the Megacrop about a month now in a coco dtw set up. Things are looking great and much better than my veg plants ever did while on the V&B. I do have to use some PH down with it though where as with V&B things always settled at 5.8 with my 70 ppm tap water. I’ve been feeding @ 1.4 EC after adjusting my tap to .2 ec w/epsoms. Should I be concerned about MC’s high N in flower or should I just go with it? I’ve really had great results with V&B in flower and originally planned on using MC strictly in veg and flowering with V&B but the plants look so good I’m questioning myself now.
You can use MC straight through. If you are a very advanced grower, and somehow want to tweak some numbers (a few growers have mentioned they want lower N for flowering) you can simply add in a pure PK booster which will add 0 Nitrogen (and possibly use reduced dosage for MC also).

So, this comes out to using 1 product for veg MC
and 2 products for Flowering (MC + PK booster).

So, while we think MC really can be a 1 part formula for most growers, if you are unhappy with the NPK levels, you can add in a separate PK booster during flowering which turns it into a 2 part formula.

For example we recently redid the Bud Explosion formula to be a suitable companion product with ideal PK boost ratios to be used with MC
https://greenleafnutrients.com/product/bud-explosion/

Of course, you can use any other brand PK booster also, we think the K number should be higher than the P number for best results.

Greenleafnutes is offline Quote

Old 04-15-2018, 02:14 AM #42
Greenleafnutes

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillFarthing View Post
Here are some interesting specs on Megacrop:

NPK ratio: 2-1-3 is typically used for maturing tomatoes, maximizing bloom output with that ratio. If you bump up K with something like potassium silicate or a bloom booster, it throws the ratio off and you may get a magnesium deficiency.

NO3-:NH4+ ratio: 25:1- The most stable nutrient pH is ~9:1 (Trelease, S.F and Trelease, H.M., 1935, Science 78:438-439) The pH will probably drift up after a few days with Megacrop, but that's normal for hydroponics.

Ca:Mg- 3.4:1- Megacrop is probably suitable for coco at that ratio. Botanicare Cal-Mag Plus is 2:1, which is suitable for hydroculture. 2% magnesium might be a little low, but may be sufficient with chelators.

Si is 1.32 ppm at 455 ppm. If you like strong stems, you may want to invest in monosilicic acid with Megacrop.

Chitosan is one of my favorite biostimulants. When I contacted GLN to ask how much was in it, they said "not much".

Overall, I think it's a great all purpose nutrient for the price.
We designed the MEGA CROP NPK ratio directly around Cannabis/Hemp genetics, which is fairly similar to tomatoes (in fact we run Mega Crop on a hobby tomato farm locally with great results all the way through!).

If we made it into 2 formula, the veg formula would have slightly higher N, and the bloom would have slightly lower N. The different is pretty slight, so it functions very well as a 1 part for the whole lifecycle. Once we saw the difference was pretty similar, we just made a 1 part formula to make it "easier" for growers. To avoid Nitrogen toxicity, we are using high Nitrate nitrogen sources, so even in Flowering/Budding phase if you are a high dosage, it is more resistant to any Nitrogen toxicity. So this is another reason why it works very well as a true 1 part, you can bump up the dosage to boost PK and be more resistant to N toxicity issues.

See previous post, some growers will want a lower N in flower (higher PK), so the solution for this scenario is to just add in an extra PK booster. So, you would use 2 products, MC + PK booster, which is still only 2 products and far less than other companies laundry list feeding schedules.

So, a few different scenarios we considered, and in the future we might make some small changes.

1) Make MEGA CROP a dedicated Veg formula, then add in extra PK boost for flower in a 2-part

2) Make MC a hybrid veg/bloom formula as a universal 1 part, the one we chose.

3) Make MC a dedicated Bloom formula, and have a separate N booster for Veg phase

We actually might consider switching over to option 3) in the future. Since bloom phase for most indoor growers is the longest phase and veg is short (which seems to be a large amount of our customer base #'s), it would be more appropriate to have the formula focus on Bloom. Also the N boost for veg phase could be done with a simple Cal/Mag boost, since people already use this very commonly anyways. However, we have a few large outdoor growers who do extended veg phase, and they usually make very large orders.

To add in some even more factors to consider, the nutrients needs of Cannabis/Hemp can vary pretty significantly even between different strains/cultivars and mediums/soil used!

We set Si at what we considered a safe/ideal level, if the consensus is that it is too low, we can boost it in the future very easily.

As far as the Magnesium, we had a few people say they have "Cal Mag issues" which could mean their dosage is wrong, or using strains / medium which is Magnesium demanding. We are looking to increase Magnesium level 25% in the future to cover all bases. Usually the "CalMag issue" is just a "Mag" issue so we agree it would be nice to have a bit more Magnesium (chelated) in the future.

Thanks for your feedback! It was very clearly stated.

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-15-2018, 03:14 AM #43
BillFarthing
Vote Libertarian.

BillFarthing has a spectacular aura aboutBillFarthing has a spectacular aura aboutBillFarthing has a spectacular aura aboutBillFarthing has a spectacular aura aboutBillFarthing has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenleafnutes View Post

We set Si at what we considered a safe/ideal level, if the consensus is that it is too low, we can boost it in the future very easily.

As far as the Magnesium, we had a few people say they have "Cal Mag issues" which could mean their dosage is wrong, or using strains / medium which is Magnesium demanding. We are looking to increase Magnesium level 25% in the future to cover all bases. Usually the "CalMag issue" is just a "Mag" issue so we agree it would be nice to have a bit more Magnesium (chelated) in the future.

Thanks for your feedback! It was very clearly stated.
Silica/chitosan/fulvic. Choose one. You can't have all 3 without precipitation at any higher levels.

GLN- I shouldn't have said "magnesium deficiency", I should have said "magnesium lockout" from too much K with Megacrop. A PK booster will cause a lock out with that ratio at proper levels. Adding more magnesium won't help that.
BillFarthing is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-16-2018, 04:28 AM #44
different
Banned

different has a spectacular aura aboutdifferent has a spectacular aura aboutdifferent has a spectacular aura about
Quote:

3) Make MC a dedicated Bloom formula, and have a separate N booster for Veg phase
Yes!
Adding a pk boost to the current formula is less than ideal because it throws all the other elements/ingredients off.
It would be nice to have the nitrogen level down closer to calcium...
I bet it would still be plenty for veg as well.
Possibly less people would need an N boost in veg (with a new formula) vs trying to boost everything but N in flower (with current).
different is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-08-2018, 09:40 PM #45
Sateev Mcweed

Sateev Mcweed is on a distinguished road
missed another one

Quote:
just wanted to update anyone, we are doing a 4-20 special and extending out this 1000g free offer to anyone. So it had expired a few days ago, but we are keeping it alive until 4-20 in case anyone wants to try it and wasn't able to or got an expired messages in the past few days!

you mean i missed another one?
Sateev Mcweed is offline Quote

Old 05-08-2018, 10:01 PM #46
stoned40yrs
Ripped since 1965

stoned40yrs has much to be proud ofstoned40yrs has much to be proud ofstoned40yrs has much to be proud ofstoned40yrs has much to be proud ofstoned40yrs has much to be proud ofstoned40yrs has much to be proud ofstoned40yrs has much to be proud ofstoned40yrs has much to be proud ofstoned40yrs has much to be proud ofstoned40yrs has much to be proud ofstoned40yrs has much to be proud of
Not really happy with the product. why did you have to add that humic/fulvic (or whatever the fuck the brown stuff is). Massive shit in the rez, plugged pumps and drip lines. fail

"Im down to kick it... Just don't bring any pests with you! Coconutz-2014
stoned40yrs is offline Quote

Old 05-08-2018, 10:04 PM #47
redheadfreakin
Unsung Zero

redheadfreakin has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoned40yrs View Post
Not really happy with the product. why did you have to add that humic/fulvic (or whatever the fuck the brown stuff is). Massive shit in the rez, plugged pumps and drip lines. fail
There is no humid/fulvic in it.
What did you add?
redheadfreakin is offline Quote

Old 05-09-2018, 03:48 PM #48
Greenleafnutes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sateev Mcweed View Post
you mean i missed another one?
it is still active! It lapsed for a few days, but we renewed it now so its working again
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoned40yrs View Post
Its fully water soluble, it will not clog drip or pumps. Its part of an organic blend that makes MEGA CROP perform better than typical hydro-salt nutrients and give better results.

Old 05-09-2018, 05:08 PM #49
cocktail frank
Ubiquitous

cocktail frank has a brilliant futurecocktail frank has a brilliant futurecocktail frank has a brilliant futurecocktail frank has a brilliant futurecocktail frank has a brilliant futurecocktail frank has a brilliant futurecocktail frank has a brilliant futurecocktail frank has a brilliant futurecocktail frank has a brilliant futurecocktail frank has a brilliant futurecocktail frank has a brilliant future
this nute kicks ass!
i got a few samples ans so far my plants look super healthy for a one part.
i honestly haven't touched my veg and bloom nutes in awhile.
im liking jacks and calnit for the most part but this kicks ass!
res gets dirty and ph does drift up, so i start low and get that nice ph swing that the ladies love.

i just bought the 10 kilo package too, worth the $$ tbh.
“Religion has actually convinced people that there's an invisible man living in the sky who watches everything you do,
every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a special list of ten things he does not want you to do.
And if you do any of these ten things, he has a special place, full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish,
where he will send you to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry forever and ever 'til the end of time!
But He loves you. He loves you, and He needs money! He always needs money!
He's all-powerful, all-perfect, all-knowing, and all-wise, somehow just can't handle money!”

R.I.P. George Carlin
the funniest man to ever walk god's green earth.
R.I.P. Buckeye
cocktail frank is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-09-2018, 09:15 PM #50
stoned40yrs
Ripped since 1965

stoned40yrs has much to be proud ofstoned40yrs has much to be proud ofstoned40yrs has much to be proud ofstoned40yrs has much to be proud ofstoned40yrs has much to be proud ofstoned40yrs has much to be proud ofstoned40yrs has much to be proud ofstoned40yrs has much to be proud ofstoned40yrs has much to be proud ofstoned40yrs has much to be proud ofstoned40yrs has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by redheadfreakin View Post
There is no humid/fulvic in it.
What did you add?
I don't use additives, nothing, not even ph up or down. My tanks, half inch lines and dripper lines etc are all black-no light gets to the mix.
I use my well water which is 0.3ec or 150ppm. Probably has iron and cal in it. So if it isn't the nute than it's a reaction of those nutes with my water I guess. Either way my system is fucked after one month of using the nutes. If it's my water I apologize for blaming the nutes, not that it helps me at all. I'll post a picture of the buildup later.

"Im down to kick it... Just don't bring any pests with you! Coconutz-2014
stoned40yrs is offline Quote